The e-commerce.

1054 error installing ask a question

jascoaut

hello can any one help , i have installed ask_a_question-final_2.4

Update 17.04.2009 by LisaX

onto my v2.2 rc2

and come up with error listed below when ever i click on a product

1054 - Unknown column 'p.quotes_expire' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as total from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.quotes_expire < now() and p.products_id = '33' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Apparently your products table in the database is missing the column quotes_expire. Check the installation manual of the contrib. There should be an .sql file or a SQL statement for adding the column somewhere.

Apparently your products table in the database is missing the column quotes_expire. Check the installation manual of the contrib. There should be an .sql file or a SQL statement for adding the column somewhere.

listed below is the instruction i think you mean i ran the bit in blue in phpadmin, but did not do the part in red. how do i do that?

Run this SQL query in phpadmin

Find the next value for "sort_order" with "configuration_group_id = 1" and change the value 22 to this, I use no 22 and if it is not taken i think you can safely use it.

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` )

VALUES (

'', 'Allow Guest to ask a question', 'ALLOW_ASK_A_QUESTION', 'false', 'Allow Guest to ask a product question without login', 1, 22, '2008-10-22 20:02:48', '2008-04-23 11:50:58', NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'

)

The mentioned sort order is the place where the 'Allow Guest to ask a question' will be displayed in admin. If there is a duplicate entry for this value in the configuration table it won't be displayed correctly or you will run into an error. But that's only at the admin section.

There has to be some code in the installation instruction which reads like 'ALTER TABLE products...' This has to be run in phpmyadmin as well.

Archived