• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stylesheet css

ulefos

Hi

I am looking for some advise, i have a oscommerce website ms2.2 for several years and love it (it was built for me), but i have learnt a lot about the site . What i would like to do is use my old stylesheet on my new install (oscommerce-2.2rc2a) as i like the design., would i also have to change the index.php file

any help suggestions would be much a appreciated

teresa

I could just tell you that the stylesheet hasn't been changed between those two versions, but that doesn't mean that nothing was added to your custom site's stylesheet. Why not do a comparison between your stylesheet and the stock 2.2RC2a stylesheet? Use a comparison program such as Winmerge, Beyond Compare, etc.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I don't know; was your index.php modified from the original? If your store has a lot of mods, you'll need to compare every page to the new version, or reinstall those mods from scratch. If your store is unmodified, you can just overwrite all of the files with the new ones. Usually a combination of these methods is needed. Don't forget to make the database updates as well.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thank you again for your advise it is much appreciated, It has the same lay out as oscommerce and the index file is very similar. i will go through it all and hopefully it may make sense to me