• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ZONES.PHP Problem

nav

Hello. I want to use zones based shipping. On Default I only get one zone shown when I go to the zones shipping module in the admin panel. I edited the php file and instead of $this->num_zones = 1; I changed it to $this->num_zones = 5; . Now in the admin panel under zones, there are more text boxes but only the text boxes for Zone 1 Are labelled. There are no labels for the rest of the boxes that showed up. So I dont know whats what. Is there a way to fix? Nextly I was testing zoned based shiping and I was wondering if this is accurate? For every product I sell I Set the weight to 1.00. in the zone one file i put 5:1.00. This should mean that everything 5 or less in weight should cost 1.00 ? It doesn't always work that way and I get absurd charges some times and for items with 1 Weight, during checkout it says Zone Shipping : (4 LBS) or something like that? Please help with my questions. THanks.

Hello. I want to use zones based shipping. On Default I only get one zone shown when I go to the zones shipping module in the admin panel. I edited the php file and instead of $this->num_zones = 1; I changed it to $this->num_zones = 5; . Now in the admin panel under zones, there are more text boxes but only the text boxes for Zone 1 Are labelled. There are no labels for the rest of the boxes that showed up. So I dont know whats what. Is there a way to fix

Not to worry :)

I had the exact same problem with the labels not showing up. And the solution should be pretty simple.

Switch off zone based shipping (click the red circle) and then switch it back on again. It should work after that. At least it did for me. osC just needs a little kick to wake up ;)

As for editing the number of zones, you can do this in the admin panel, you don't have to dive into the code for that.

With regards to your other problem, in your admin panel there's a setting for tare weight. That might be causing your problems with the weight differences. It's under configure somewhere.

Archived