• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cart contents lost on login

Bryce F

Hello. I'm using a very customized version of OSC 2.2 RC1 (customizations by me).

Here's the scenario: An anonymous user adds some items to the cart. He then proceeds to checkout, or simply decides to login/register (either scenario produces the same issue). He either logs in with an existing account or creates a new account. Afterwards, the contents of his cart are completely erased.

I know that there is a function to save and restore snapshots. Snapshots work fine in that they restore the proper address, get, post, and method variables. However, the cart contents are not restored.

I can't seem to find the function/code where:

(A) anonymous user's cart contents are saved to session vars

(B) where the newly-logged-in user has the cart contents from (A) restored.

Where can I find the code for this?

Thank you!

Never mind guys, I found the location... about 5 lines down from where shoppingCart->restore_contents() function is declared. Fixed the problem.

What was your fix? I am having similar problems

What was your fix? I am having similar problems

Unfortunately, I can guarantee that my fix will not help you. I heavily modified my version of OSC, and I'm now using a new products table field called `products_sku` to reference everything rather than going by `products_id`. My problem was due to trying to restore the cart by passing this sku to a function that still was referencing by `products_id`... I'd forgotten to convert this function to use the sku.

But if you have a specific problem and have some more information about what you're doing, any modifications you've made, and the symptoms, I'd be glad to try to help...

- Bryce

Thanks so much for replying. I actually figured out that my problem was in classes/shopping_cart.php. I reuploaded that...and FIEXED! I sweat it out for a few days.

Would love to see your site, as mine is heavily modified too. PM me it!

Archived