• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to display custom fields

If you use the product extra fields contribution it includes maintenance and displaying the info on the product_info page, not to mention invoices etc

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

If you use the product extra fields contribution it includes maintenance and displaying the info on the product_info page, not to mention invoices etc

It's a pain because I can not populate extra fields from a single product row in one file as easy pop allows. I have to populate on multiple rows vertically in a file and when you have 3,000 products and 4 extra fields (rows) that is 12000 lines. That sucks, I just need to grab my new fields from the db and display them.

Who ever built the db table for extra fields vertically screwed it up.

If anyone knows where the db query is and then where the header row gets built to display this I can figure out the rest.

I forgot to mention I have easy populate and it adds info to my new db table fields. I am trying to figure out how to get it out. I have tried extra fields contrib. but it is not efficient, it requires an inefficient data structure.

Ah yes, but it works!!

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 10 months later...

I am also having this same issue. I am trying to add length height width. I have added the fields in MYSQL and added UPSXML so everything is setup, and I installed extra fields. The problem is that easy populate does not export product_id so I have to find this manually. Also the whole vertical thing just makes it a mess. I have almost 3000 products and this is not looking good. I was so excited use the UPSXML dimension feature but now I might not be able to.