• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cloggies store

maccuda

1146 - Table 'cloggiesdb.ls_techs' doesn't exist

select status from ls_techs where status='yes' or status='busy'

[TEP STOP]

I would say that is your problem with the footer not loading properly.

But more important, WAY TOO MUCH WHITE.

yes, that is the 'live support' add on that does not seem to work properly but there is no help for that add-on so if anyone has any tips..

the white-look is exactly what i want by the way :blush:

Well let me rephrase, when you have everything in white without borders, the site just all blends together too much. It is a pain on the eyes to decipher what is suppose to be part of the left menu and what is suppose to be part of the main page. I think the all white could work if you better distinguished each individual box.

I agree with the above

too much white.

I like color but not too busy.

other than that looks good

thanks, will take aboard the comments, maybe add some nice pictures as category headers and add a background or so.

• 3 weeks later...
You have to invest in your store if you hope to make money from it. No one is going to buy from a website which appears "run of the mill" or unprofessional in any way.

Yes, a good store logo helps, but only as part of the overall design.

Vger

I agree, it takes more then just setting up a website.

next thing is a proper phone number and more options to pay.

Last thing we want to be is "run of the mill", as the products are not this should reflect in our design

You need some SEO stuff to. Take a look at your buttons some have the text on the bottom and some have the text in the centre.

For me it is a bit plain add some colour.

Better to be looked over than overlooked!

Hi

In general it looks nice, but still some work to do, to get a "cleaner" look and feel. Here are some opinions from me:

1) Use just one column, left or right, both of them are confusing. I prefer to have everything on the left. Maybe put a background same fore the complete column, can be in a pale colour

2) Put the "about us" and "information" boxes to the bottom of the page, lie a flat, single line box, each topic beside (not under) the other one. Cancel the yellow stripe under them

3) Make your logo bit smaller and maybe to the left. Would be good to make one that looks more professional

4) put the "my account" etc to the saved space in the top, the date too

5) Put "quick find" and "whats new" to the left (or right, depends what you want). Cancel the yellow stripe

6) Make nicer buttons, maybe just plain without a box or background, or with a background, bout not stroke

7) Make all text little grey, not black

8) make some SEO work, you don't have any meta information. There are great contributions for this

Work never ends :)

Hi

In general it looks nice, but still some work to do, to get a "cleaner" look and feel. Here are some opinions from me:

1) Use just one column, left or right, both of them are confusing. I prefer to have everything on the left. Maybe put a background same fore the complete column, can be in a pale colour

2) Put the "about us" and "information" boxes to the bottom of the page, lie a flat, single line box, each topic beside (not under) the other one. Cancel the yellow stripe under them

3) Make your logo bit smaller and maybe to the left. Would be good to make one that looks more professional

4) put the "my account" etc to the saved space in the top, the date too

5) Put "quick find" and "whats new" to the left (or right, depends what you want). Cancel the yellow stripe

6) Make nicer buttons, maybe just plain without a box or background, or with a background, bout not stroke

7) Make all text little grey, not black

8) make some SEO work, you don't have any meta information. There are great contributions for this

Work never ends :)

thanks for the tips, at least this is usefull. wish people could be more like this instead of "i dont like the page, too much white" or so.

thanks for the tips, at least this is usefull. wish people could be more like this instead of "i dont like the page, too much white" or so.

I'll be straight to the point since you asked. What they mean by too white is it's the borders are not defined, there are no borders and it spreads out the wider my monitor is. It looks horrible on my 20" because all the elements are spread across the entire monitor.

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• 2 weeks later...

I hear what you are saying but the last thing i want is another one of those stores that has 3 columns, 1 left, big mainpage in the middle and one right, I personally think that is not very nice..

Might try to add a very small pale line..

I'll be straight to the point since you asked. What they mean by too white is it's the borders are not defined, there are no borders and it spreads out the wider my monitor is. It looks horrible on my 20" because all the elements are spread across the entire monitor.

• 3 weeks later...

updated the store layout!

just need to look at some seo contrib, any suggestions since there are tons out there

also seem to get quite a bit of traffic but no sales yet....

Archived