• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

google checkout looping

pin-feathers

Hello.

I have installed the latest 'full version' of google checkout (using OSC 2.2 Release Candidate 2a + buySAFE) which is working until I make orders, then after choosing the shipping method, it loops back instead of going to 'google checkout' website. I have read throughout the forum but don't see an answer.

I was looking through my google checkout files, but not sure where to look for the problem. I am not getting any error messages btw, just this prob.

any help is appreciated!

Edited by pin-feathers

loops back instead of going to 'google checkout'

I am not an expert on google checkout and have never used buy/Safe but from my understnding it works unlike most other oSc payment modules, and is rather a checkout alternative. The G-button is only available on the shopping cart, so if a buyer clicks the osC checkout button, they will go beyond the point of using it. If someone does choose the GC button your shipping and tax options are sent to Google Checkout and can be accessed from their cart.

I am not an expert on google checkout and have never used buy/Safe but from my understnding it works unlike most other oSc payment modules, and is rather a checkout alternative. The G-button is only available on the shopping cart, so if a buyer clicks the osC checkout button, they will go beyond the point of using it. If someone does choose the GC button your shipping and tax options are sent to Google Checkout and can be accessed from their cart.

thanks for the response. I don't have 'buysafe' in my checkout. I have only google checkout or M/O options. The problem is when clicking on the 'buy now' and then 'google checkout' button as the payment method, it loops backward, asking for the shipping and payment methods all over again and never gets out of that loop to the actual google checkout site. I suspect it is a code missing somewhere but I'm not sure where.....

Thanks again for responding.

I suspect it is a code missing somewhere but I'm not sure where.....

think so... you should recheck the install... buy now should take you to shopping cart... then google button > to google cart

Edited by h2oHOH

Just collect the request and response that google receives and sends.

Will give some idea why its looping.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

think so... you should recheck the install... buy now should take you to shopping cart... then google button > to google cart

I get to the google button, click on it, confirm order and it takes me back to "what's in my cart"

I'll keep looking then. Thanks for the verification.

I am brand new to OSC and this kind of code so it's been an educating trial!

Just collect the request and response that google receives and sends.

Will give some idea why its looping.

Satish

Thanks, Satish. Not sure where I'd go to view that info but I'll investigate

that right now :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, looking for a solution, I believe there isn't one. I think this enforces GoogleCheckouts terms of service.

I had this scenario:

A- Shop, add to cart, click checkout, choose GoogleCheckout at login screen, go to GoogleCheckout.

B- Login or create your account on my site, shop, add to cart, click checkout, GoogleCheckout not an option.

C- Shop, add to cart, click checkout, Login or create your account on my site, GoogleCheckout not an option.

In checkout_payment.php, I commented out the addition that starts with:

*** BEGIN GOOGLE CHECKOUT ***

Skips Google Checkout as a payment option on the payments page since that option is provided in the checkout page.

This caused:

D- Login or create your account on my site, shop, add to cart, click checkout, Choose GoogleCheckout, loop back to cart.

E- Shop, add to cart, click checkout, Login or create your account on my site, Choose GoogleCheckout, loop back to cart.

Conclusion: I remember reading somewhere in their terms, that if you use GoogleCheckout, you are not allowed to cause a customer to log in twice. So the way they set their module up, if a customer is logged in, they are not allowed to use GoogleCheckout. Absurd corporate strategy.

I suppose I would have to add a warning message to the login page: If you intend to pay by Googlecheckout, Googlecheckout will not allow websites to force customers to login twice, therefore if you login to my site, you will not be allowed to use GoogleCheckout. You can't put that on your site! So you have to not mention it. Then, a Google customer comes along, sets up an account, scratches his head, and pays with Paypal. Absurd corporate strategy.

Walter

My experience relates to osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2

Well, looking for a solution, I believe there isn't one. I think this enforces GoogleCheckouts terms of service.

I had this scenario:

A- Shop, add to cart, click checkout, choose GoogleCheckout at login screen, go to GoogleCheckout.

B- Login or create your account on my site, shop, add to cart, click checkout, GoogleCheckout not an option.

C- Shop, add to cart, click checkout, Login or create your account on my site, GoogleCheckout not an option.

In checkout_payment.php, I commented out the addition that starts with:

*** BEGIN GOOGLE CHECKOUT ***

Skips Google Checkout as a payment option on the payments page since that option is provided in the checkout page.

This caused:

D- Login or create your account on my site, shop, add to cart, click checkout, Choose GoogleCheckout, loop back to cart.

E- Shop, add to cart, click checkout, Login or create your account on my site, Choose GoogleCheckout, loop back to cart.

Conclusion: I remember reading somewhere in their terms, that if you use GoogleCheckout, you are not allowed to cause a customer to log in twice. So the way they set their module up, if a customer is logged in, they are not allowed to use GoogleCheckout. Absurd corporate strategy.

I suppose I would have to add a warning message to the login page: If you intend to pay by Googlecheckout, Googlecheckout will not allow websites to force customers to login twice, therefore if you login to my site, you will not be allowed to use GoogleCheckout. You can't put that on your site! So you have to not mention it. Then, a Google customer comes along, sets up an account, scratches his head, and pays with Paypal. Absurd corporate strategy.

Walter

Thanks for the response Walter. I got so frustrated with trying to figure this one out....it was probably my fault since the code had to be altered for Google...and I may have missed something but...too much frustration for a newbie so I switched to Zencart (which was a breeze)

Thanks to everyone who responded :)