• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Development] Products Specifications

kymation

• 2 weeks later...

@@motoenvena Yes PS can do that. You can have more filters than just year, make, and model as well. It does work a bit differently, but the result is very similar.

PS can also be used to add specifications to the product and category pages, and to allow your customers to compare products using those specifications.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@@motoenvena Yes PS can do that. You can have more filters than just year, make, and model as well. It does work a bit differently, but the result is very similar.

PS can also be used to add specifications to the product and category pages, and to allow your customers to compare products using those specifications.

Regards

Jim

how can I make a filter is dependent above?

Edited by motoenvena

Then you set up specifications for Brand, Model, and Year, and enter values for each of these in your Admin. The instructions are in the included User's Manual. The manual is only in English, so you may need to get someone to help you with the translation.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

Hi,

So sorry, but I'm new in osCommerce. I'm familiar whit PHP and SQL, but at first time install, this type of product.

I try to install this addons but have problem. Istruction i don't understand so good. I have this configuration:

php 5.1.4. mySQL 5.0.22 add osCommerce v2.2 RC2.

Do following:

1. I download product Specifcation 1.0.3

2. Unzipped at directory catalog -> override existing directories

3. Execute sql file.

4. I can't execute other sql file, because this fields in tables exist.

5. I don't understand what I must compare and how i say where is appears this menu...

The result is the follow:

1. At admin page i see Product Specification in section "Configuration" and I can change it.

But this is ALL.

2. Nowhere I can see, how I can use this in my products.

Sorry for stupid question, but I'm new in this kind of software

My osCommerce is now whit sample products in db. If someone want see... here is the links:

http://dc-sofia.net/eCom/admin/

http://dc-sofia.net/eCom/

UN:admin

PS:123456

Thank you, Jim

But I have no User Manual in package 1.0.3 for version os Commerce v.2.2. My shop is:

"This shop is running on osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a."

I find User Manual in package 1.1.11. In this manual I read follow:

"

1.2 Software Compatibility

This software package was tested using osCommerce Version 2.3.1. If you are

running an older version, please use version 1.0.2 of this package. This version

will not work with 2.2RC2a and older versions."

But in section 2.2 I read this:

"2.2.1 Replace Files

Update your store using the files below. If you are starting with an unmodified copy

of osCommerce 2.2RC2a, you can simply upload all of the files in the Catalog

directory of this Distribution to your site, copying over any existing files."

Please answer me. Which version I must use. I want use osCommerce 2.2, because i have Base Bulgarian Languige pack for it. I would have to translate only added add-ons.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Great contribution - takes a fair bit of getting used to but once you understand it is is very powerful.

I just wondered what is required to make the filters work from just the manufacturers page though?

Kind regards

Craig

You could make a filter box show up on only the manufacturer's page. It's not part of the PS code, so you'll have to add a bit of code to make that happen.

Regards

Jim

You could make a filter box show up on only the manufacturer's page. It's not part of the PS code, so you'll have to add a bit of code to make that happen.

Regards

Jim

Hey Jim,

Yes I know how to get the filters module show up but it is empty when showing on a manufacturers page.

This is because there is no category that the SQL is looking in. I could go hacking around to fix this but I wonder if anyone has already done it to save me the time.

Also, I have made a slight change to the code to get checkboxes and the multiple class work together. If anyone is interested I'll tidy up my code a little and post it up.

Cheers

Craig

You could set up specifications linked to the top level (category 0) that would show up there, as well as the front page. You may need to fiddle with the code a bit to allow it to see a category ID of 0.

Code is always welcome. Somebody else may be looking for something just like what you have done. You never know when that will happen.

Regards

Jim

I've attempted to get something working when selecting a manufacturer but I wanted the different applicable category filters to show.

In short, I tried but failed, couldn't easily see how to change the code to get it working like that without slowing down the system too much

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 4 months later...

hi kymation, sorry to trouble. I seem to be having a couple of issue at the moment. First one I have noticed is that on my homepage I have a filter products box showing up and I would like to hide this, so I checked the user guide and seen an option on page 17 that shows a show filters box option but when I checked my options this isnt there?

Another issue is when I activate more than one specification, than these overlap each other and one of the specification shows the title twice for some reason.

Not sure if the version I have needs to be updated or where I have gone wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

The site has just been uploaded and can be viewed at http://s116169771.websitehome.co.uk/rnd/index.php

Thanks once again for all your help.

The filter box only shows if you have filters set for specifications in that category, so just remove your top-level filters. You don't need them there anyway.

What specifications on what page? I don't understand what you are saying.

Regards

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jim

thanks so much for this add on. i know it will work for me once i figure it out what i am missing regarding filters! i am posting after reading the user manual over and over, and reading this forum from page 1 to the end! i just can't figure out how to make the filters work for me. I'm missing something obvious i think. i installed PS to a fresh install of OSC 2.3.3 and all is well except getting the filters to work as i need them to. I only have 1 Specification Group--Wheels. Within there i have 13 specifications. I want to have the filter show make, model and year, and bring up the correct wheel(s). I originally had 2 Spec groups--Wheels and Autos--but couldn't get that to work. This is like many auto parts stores that i have seen, for example, http://midwestwheelandtire.com/ .

where do i put the filters? i tried under Make, Model and Year but it came out wrong. You mentioned on a page of this forum (post #63) about ranges, so i added range filters to Year Specification. Not showing up ( i also added filters such as "Acura" under Make and "3.2TL" under Model).

Should i have added the Specifications as Attributes and Options in the stock OSC before working with PS? I do have a Category, Wheels, in there that i linked the Spec Grp Wheels to so the specifications are showing up.

Please excuse this long question--i have been working with OSC since it first came out and so am very familiar, but no expert, with PHP, MYSQL, etc. i built some really cool sites with it in the past. but i am flummoxed! and have spent way too much time trying to figure it out on my own. what am i missing!

thanks!

If you have specifications for make, model and year, you then need to add a filter type to each of those specifications. Then you add multiple filter values to each one. Filters normally must have at least two values to show up.

Do you have the filters box or filters module set up to show in the configuration?

Regards

Jim

Jim...Thanks for your reply!

I have Specifications for all items i need to enter for a Product. I then have Specification Values for each Specification. Then for Specifications Make, Model and Year, i have a Filters Section and a Specification Values section. i have added Specification Values to each, plus Filters for each. Attached a screenshot...is this what you mean by "...Then you add multiple filter values to each one...?"

I added filters such as "Acura" and "Audi" for Make, same for Model, and then date ranges from your post about reverse ranges, for Year. I added a bunch for the Year and a few for the others. i have not added a Product yet though...another screenshot.

i have Show Filters Module set to True in Configuration and Enable Filter Box Module set to True as well. i noticed just now that one has Left column and one center but i think that is that it shows up in the Left column on the main page and then displays in center?

anyway, i will keep working on it and try to confirm that i have everything you mentioned set up. thanks for your help, i really appreciate.

post-324523-0-50376400-1380908718_thumb.jpg

post-324523-0-49989400-1380908901_thumb.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with what you have shown. Did you link the Specification Group to the categories you are trying to filter?

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim--

i have that linked. The filter box is now showing up(!) but with all sorts of extra fields displayed. i added a product and the filter showed up in the left column. But it has 3 puldowns as configured and more:

Make

Model

Year

Make

Model

[pulldown box Make: acura]

[pulldown box Model: 3.2TL]

[pulldown box Year: 1999-2000]

Are the items in bold supposed to be there? i don't think so but not sure; i enabled filters in the Specifications of those 3 but added the filters in the Filters Section.

Do you think having the one Spec Group Wheels is the way to go for this purpose? i still have Automobiles as a separate group--i will delete if you agree. i don't think those bold items are from that Group as i deleted the filters i had set up in there. but i don't know why those are there...

Is there a way to have the filters select the appropriate next filter based on the selection--for example, if Acura is chosen, then only show Acura models in the next filter pulldown? Probably beyond the scope but thought i would ask...:-}

thanks for your help!

-t