• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Enlish language to have the euro as currency

RONIEROGAN

Hi

I am setting up a new website here in Spain and was wondering if anyone can advise me on a little problem I am having with the currencys ?

My default language is Spanish with euro and I also have German with euro but when you click on my uk language all the prices appear as 0 ?

i would prefere if all my prices were in euros even the English language page but I cannot even get it to appear as pounds which is its default currency, when you go to that page. I have tried all kinds of diferent ways but I cannot get past the problem, the only way you can view the english language page in any currency is if you click the currency box on the top of the page then you can see what price things are but this is very inconvienient for the customers and there must be a way past it ?

Let me know if you have a solution ?

Best Regards

Ron

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

I am setting up a new website here in Spain and was wondering if anyone can advise me on a little problem I am having with the currencys ?

My default language is Spanish with euro and I also have German with euro but when you click on my uk language all the prices appear as 0 ?

i would prefere if all my prices were in euros even the English language page but I cannot even get it to appear as pounds which is its default currency, when you go to that page. I have tried all kinds of diferent ways but I cannot get past the problem, the only way you can view the english language page in any currency is if you click the currency box on the top of the page then you can see what price things are but this is very inconvienient for the customers and there must be a way past it ?

Best Regards

Ron

How many currencies you have installed? If you prefer only Euros to be shown then REMOVE all other currencies from admin!

First thread in installtion forum points 15 & 25(?)

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

Best Regards

Ron

On the store configuration in the admin side, set to true: "Switch To Default Language Currency".

Edited by lzrczrs

On the store configuration in the admin side, set to true: "Switch To Default Language Currency".
The default language currency for English is US dollars, which is not what the poster wanted. If anything, they'd want to set it to false. From includes/languages/english.php:
// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, 
// instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)
define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

The robust solution to this problem would be to change the last line to

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'EUR');

Always back up before making changes.

• 9 months later...

The default language currency for English is US dollars, which is not what the poster wanted. If anything, they'd want to set it to false. From includes/languages/english.php:

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, 
// instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)
define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

The robust solution to this problem would be to change the last line to

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'EUR');

what to do if I want changing of the language automatically to lead different currency?

for example: if the customer is in UK - to view automatically prices in Pounds, not in default Euro.

Edited by apapazov

• 1 month later...