• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

• 3 weeks later...

Using 2.3.4.1 CE and PHP 7.0

Firstly, I hope I'm in the right thread!  I'm trying to install the fix for Ultimate SEO URLS dated January 1, 2019 by @Jack_mcs

There are two of the same date.  It's the most recent one I'm having trouble with - a fix to reduce number of calls.  Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-17a

When I upload the new includes/classes/seo.class.php file, I get the white screen of death.

Error message in the log reads:  Call to undefined method SEO_DataBase::ConnectDB() in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 76

Help please!

- Andrea

I think I figured out what is wrong.  There is some garbage in the new seo.class.php file, look like this:

function ConnectDB(){

Stripped out the  and all is well.  That needs to be cleaned up for anyone following me and applying the update.

- Andrea

3 hours ago, puggybelle said:

function ConnectDB(){

That is a known problem I introduced in the last update. I will get a fixed version updated.

The problem was mentioned in the support thread for that addon. This thread is not for that addon.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

I have recently installed R2.09 version of the SEOURL5

All went well and found it very easy, its been installed on 2.4.3.1 CE BS4 version

Running on php7.2.14

All seems well apart from one thing, when testing on screaming frog i get 404's for

www.website name.com/fr/index.php/fr

the link should be index.php/fr

this appears to be for all of the pages in the catalog EN and FR ( or so far)

there is no anchor text the in French pages but the English is - Change to French

and it reports the type of link is

HTML_HREFLANG
 & also separate line
AHREF

the French pages just report HTML_HREFLANG

I removed the nav link and still the same so i know its not that, I assume its the includes/modules/untimate-seo-url5/includes/hreflang.php file but have ensured its the one supplied in the package

any body have an answer to this

Kindest regards

David

David

Update on above post

I have just done a fresh install on a brand new set up and its exactly the same so unless I have made exactly the same mistake twice, which is possible as not all the compare file changes are marked for this add on and the latest 2.3.4.1 CE bootstrap 4 version is not the same as the previous and as only a shop owner and not a coder I could have made a mistake

There is still a issue that every page has a link /fr/index.php/fr  which of course creates a 404, if it corrected in .htaccess then every link has a 301, neither should be there. can anyone suggest a version that does work as it should. apart from this issue it works perfectly, I have links going back many years from the chemo version so need to maintain them.

I would just like to say the /fr/index.php/fr is not readily apparent, its only when the site is deep crawled that they can be seen, which is of course what a search engine will do, if anyone has installed the R2.09 version of the SEOURL5 they might want to check, or pm me with their URL and i will check with screaming frog (as long as you do not have to large of a catalog, I would then know for sure whether its my bad installation or the add on.

I have PM'ed the author of the addon but perhaps he is away, if there is anybody who can assist please get in touch

kindest regards

David

David

Update on above

The author kindly PM'ed me and gave me a site to check with screaming frog, this was all ok, but it helps a lot to know it was my end

He suggested a Cache issue, but i had cleared the cache many times, but with fresh eyes i had discovered that the although the admin was clearing the cache there was still a file left

I manually deleted this in FTP and switched over to cache by file rather than sqlite and it appears to have done the trick, just finished a crawl and the issue has gone away

will keep an eye on the reset USU5 Cache to ensure it does actually do as it should, maybe the cache file was corrupted, but this version is running well

hope this helps someone

regards

David

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Using 2.3.4.1 CE BS4

along with R2.09 SEO URL 5

Multi Language

I thought even thing was working fine but a issue has arisen after going live

The Heflang directions work as they should in the view page source of the page from a browser

ie

<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" href="https://www.mydomain.com/12-volt-10-amp-12v-ah-rechargeable-agm-sealed-battery-p-41959.html" />
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="fr" href="https://www.mydomain.com/fr/12-volt-10-amperes-batterie-12v-ah-agm-scellee-rechargeable-p-41959.html" />

but viewed in google fetch or other crawlers it shows as

<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" href="https://www.mydomain.com/" />
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="fr" href="https://www.mydomain/fr/index.php/fr" />

I was only alerted to this when i dropped thousands of indexed links over the last couple of days

I have PM'ed the author about the issue a few hours ago and awaiting, also checked his own site and its the same, will not show on a search engine, so assume its the seo-url5 that might be the issue, I would appreciate anyone else with a similar setup to check in google fetch to see if there links are correct as seen by a robot rather than view page source to narrow down the issue origination

I really need to fix ASAP so any ideas would be appriciated

thank you

David

David

The fetch is fine, 200 and re-indexing actively with latest wed-pages and structured data is all working fine, have something like 20k pages in 2 languages

the only issue is as stated the Hreflang the crawler is not viewing it as the browser does

same in google consule and many other hreflang webpage test site's

If you cannot view from your browser it maybe that many countries are blocked in server as we do not sell to them

I wouldn't have noticed if i didn't already have thousands of pages already listed with hreflang

I just wanted to Know if anybody has checked theirs in a similar set up to see if its the same

David

As the R2.09 version of this has a problem with the hreflang as mentioned above, so no hreflang will ever be seen correctly from a search engine including google, and i have tried to get assistance commercial and otherwise to no avail as its out of my ability, further as the authors own website has the same issue then I suppose my only recourse it to revert to a earlier version

Can anybody advise if any version (i have links going back over 10 years in this format) with work with

2.3.4.1 CE BS4  php7.2 Including language support

failing that can anybody advise on either a method the write a hreflang XML sitemap from the website or a different Hreflang content module that may work

thank you

David

David

Update

piernas, the author of the R2.09 changes was kind enough to contact and provide some changes for me to test, I can confirm this solve the issue and the Hreflang can now be seen by search engines, I believe he will be posting the fix shortly, also he is lloking into the X-Default tag which is the last missing piece of the puzzle

Regards

David

• 2 weeks later...

Am wondering if I have this installed/working correctly, maybe I am missing something, or maybe its working properly. 

Within a list of products generated by product_listing.php (for a category), the links visible in the lower left corner of the browser by hovering the cursor over the Product Name seems to be the regular OSC type, like this:  

/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=5_11&products_id=121 .

Whereas when I click on the link and go to the product, I see a URL up top that says something like:

/catalog/great-product-p-121.html  ...

....which I presume is generated by the Ultimate SEO module...and I also presume this is what I would rather see (when hovering) generated by product_listing.php instead of the cPath version.

Yes, no, maybe.  Totally not necessary.   Hey, a good idea and I will whip that up in a sec.   ???

49 minutes ago, MountainMan said:

Am wondering if I have this installed/working correctly, maybe I am missing something, or maybe its working properly. 

Within a list of products generated by product_listing.php (for a category), the links visible in the lower left corner of the browser by hovering the cursor over the Product Name seems to be the regular OSC type, like this:  

/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=5_11&products_id=121 .

Whereas when I click on the link and go to the product, I see a URL up top that says something like:

/catalog/great-product-p-121.html  ...

....which I presume is generated by the Ultimate SEO module...and I also presume this is what I would rather see (when hovering) generated by product_listing.php instead of the cPath version.

Yes, no, maybe.  Totally not necessary.   Hey, a good idea and I will whip that up in a sec.   ???

No that's not right. You should see the SEO URL in the bottom left when hovering over a link, any link.

4 minutes ago, Hotclutch said:

No that's not right. You should see the SEO URL in the bottom left when hovering over a link, any link. 

Thanks for the info.  Can you tell me where to look, in order to fix?  I have looked at product_listing.php itself, including past SEO versions, and dont see anything about UltSEO there.

4 minutes ago, Hotclutch said:

No idea, sorry. I don't recall anyone reporting an error like this, so all i can suggest is reviewing your installation steps. 

Well, thanks for the info.  Hopefully someone can give me clue as how the module works and in what file the changes to the URL occur.

Hi there Mountain Man

I can not tell what the problem is as but a shop owner, I can say that I had lots of very strange issues with caching and I would look there first, the only one I could get working reliably was file, and even then I would still look in ftp to see if they were deleted properly after using reset in admin

regards

David

• 6 months later...

Hi

I use the xml site map function as well, it produes two languages and all works as should

But I canonical all of my categories to ?Viewall

I am struling getting the sitemap to list this

I thought it would be easy enough, in usu5_itemaps/index.php I edited the following to something like

foreach ( $categories as $cid => $detail ) {
      if( preg_match( '@[0-9_]@', $detail['path'] ) ) {

//took out        $detail = array( 'url' => tep_href_link( 'index.php', 'cPath=' . $detail['path'], 'NONSSL', false ),
//and added ."?viewall"

$detail = array( 'url' => tep_href_link( 'index.php', 'cPath=' . $detail['path']."?viewall", 'NONSSL', false ),
                         'lastmod' => date( "Y-m-d", strtotime($detail['last_mod'] ) ),
                         'freq' => 'weekly',
                         'priority' => '0.5' );
        usu5_node_create( $doc, $root, $detail );
      }
    }

while this does not break it list the URL as a cPath (plus the correct appended ?viewall ) and not the seo version it should

Tried loads of different ways, could someone point me in the correct path to resolving it, suspect its very simple just 

Thank you

David

David

If it helps anyone I got it workings

$parameters = '?view=all';
    $detail = array();
    usu5_xml_init( $doc, $root);

$categories = buildCategoriesCache();
    foreach ( $categories as $cid => $detail ) {
      if( preg_match( '@[0-9_]@', $detail['path'] ) ) {
        $detail = array( 'url' => (tep_href_link( 'index.php', 'cPath=' . $detail['path'], 'NONSSL', false ) . $parameters),
                         'lastmod' => date( "Y-m-d", strtotime($detail['last_mod'] ) ),
                         'freq' => 'weekly',
                         'priority' => '0.5' );
        usu5_node_create( $doc, $root, $detail );

Regards

David

• 1 month later...

Hello, in OSCOM Phoenix v.1.0.4.1 I am getting the following error 

Fatal error: Cannot declare class Product_Info_Page_Module, because the name is already in use in /xxx/xxx/xxx/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/product_info.php on line 225

whereas everything functioned fine in OSCOM Phoenix v.1.0.4.0. Any ideas ?

Thanks