• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

On 8/16/2018 at 5:26 AM, radhavallabh said:

Hi, Could you please point to the exact changes you made, As mine are modified files I incorporated the beta_1 already, hence I could add the fixes of beta_2..

Warm Regds./

radhavallabh

No need to modify the files again. Just upload the drop_on_top files over the existing ones.

Now that URLs are no longer considered a ranking factor (one of many sources), is there still any benefit in rewriting them, especially with breadcrumb schema baked into the core? Has anyone done A/B testing? We have used this add-on for ages and are debating its retirement once migration to the new version of our shop is complete. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

28 minutes ago, rulegacy said:

Now that URLs are no longer considered a ranking factor (one of many sources), is there still any benefit in rewriting them, especially with breadcrumb schema baked into the core? Has anyone done A/B testing? We have used this add-on for ages and are debating its retirement once migration to the new version of our shop is complete. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Nowhere does it say in your article that URLs are no longer a ranking factor. Besides being a ranking factor or not, there are technical reasons to install this addon, besides the common sense reason of wanting human readable URLs.

This addon won't bring you traffic, just like "breadcrumb schema baked into the core" won't bring you traffic. We all know what brings traffic.

I have a problem with Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205 vr 205 that I have installed which is:  Installed Version 21 Mar 2011

I am running oscommerce 2.3.4 here: www.ministryhelps.com

I am getting this error:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/ministryhelps.com/httpdocs/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/index.php on line 111

Line 111 is:    foreach ( $text_array as $key => $text ) {

The file is attached.

Does anyone know the fix for this?

thanks

Leon

index.php

Edited by bibleman

I'm having a great Day - hope you are too!

Leon

Basically, that error happens when you give foreach data that is not an array.  foreach expects an array.  If this is outputing to your screen then you need to turn error to screen off.  You cand do that by adding this to the top of your application_top.php

ini_set('display_errors', false);

I'm not really a dog.

To turn off the erros or the warnings is a very bad solution. Shame on this idea.

Change this:

foreach ( $text_array as $key => $text ) {
        if ( tep_not_null( trim( $text ) ) ) {
          $final_text_array[$key] = $text;
        }
      }

to this:

if (is_array($text_array)) {
  foreach ( $text_array as $key => $text ) {
    if ( tep_not_null( trim( $text ) ) ) {
      $final_text_array[$key] = $text;
    }
  }
}

Clean code is important and a code with turn off erros or warnings tells a lot about the codestyle.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

Hmm...true, clean code is important...

I don't know if this banaid is better than the previous one,  but they both offer a similar solution.

I would really do a var_dump($text_array) or print_r($text_array) just before the foreach statement to get a stack trace of the argument. You really need to know why PHP was complaining. In fact, the foreach statement wasn't just looking for an array, and it was expecting an associative array.

FWR is a smart dude, I would definitely understood why before deciding on a fix. That would be my approach...some upstream setting may just fix the warning.

7 hours ago, mcmannehan said:

To turn off the erros or the warnings is a very bad solution. Shame on this idea.

I'm not saying turn off errors, just don't output them to the world.  This is recommended by PHP for production servers.  Basically, output this to a file, so only you can see it.  I was in a hurry when I posted that the other day and should have taken more time. 

Edited by John W

I'm not really a dog.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rulegacy said:

Is it possible to make this add-on pull data from the Header Tags SEO Reloaded that is part of core CE?

I don't know this SEO Urls addon inside out.  What is it that you are trying to do (with regard to pulling data)?

You can create new page modules (examples placed in the "extras"directory) but not remove the p-XXX thing.

Note those modules has not been updated by me and could be outdated. You can modify the "products" module included to fit your needs.

You can't do it. It needs the product id unique key. Now, you can put a unique index on the column that you want to use as your permalink, and then you should be able to convert the "permalink" desc to product id "upstream" of any "product_id" requirements and use it that way...that would be the easiest hack.

But if you get a lot of errors as you are creating that unique index...you would have some cleanup work to do...by then you should know what I mean "it needs an unique key..."

On 9/30/2018 at 3:48 AM, rulegacy said:

Is it possible to make this add-on pull data from the Header Tags SEO Reloaded that is part of core CE?

@clustersolutions Thank you for chiming in. This is probably in response to stripping the URL endings. I wish we could take your advice and implement it but lack of MySQL knowledge prevents us from even trying.

On a separate note, does anyone run this add-on together with the KissIT Image Thumbnailer. Strangely enough, the thumbnail for the main product image stopped being fetched after we installed the SEO URLs. Could this be due to the rewrites or a conflict of functions?

Hi,

There is a problem when I am using the usu5_sitemaps, it reports

SELECT p.products_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified FROM products_description pd INNER JOIN products p ON p.products_id = pd.products_id WHERE p.products_status = '1' AND pd.language_id = ORDER BY p.products_last_modified DESC, p.products_date_added DESC

[TEP STOP]

It seems the $languages_id is empty, could anyone advise me to solve this problem?

Thanks in advanced.

Chuntse

New issue discovered: when using a module that is not located in root (e.g. /ext/modules/content/product_info/) and changing the shop language, SEO URLs rewrites the URL as if it were in root thereby leading to a 404. Could SEO URLs be forced to use the original tep_href_link in such cases?

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I am the earliest to post on the newest version of the  Seo Urls 5 

I thank FWR Media for puttng this up and directions for how to install. The author give a list of files that need to be "modified" but no way to know what part need to be modified to what. May be I am too new to post this message. any one there has any clue?

also they talked about file compare, If I do a fresh install, nothing is changed, what the compare is for?

any answer is appreciated.

Thanks.

JohnM

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:15 PM, HVACMan said:

I guess I am the earliest to post on the newest version of the  Seo Urls 5 

I thank FWR Media for puttng this up and directions for how to install. The author give a list of files that need to be "modified" but no way to know what part need to be modified to what. May be I am too new to post this message. any one there has any clue?

also they talked about file compare, If I do a fresh install, nothing is changed, what the compare is for?

any answer is appreciated.

Thanks.

JohnM

Hi John,

What you need is to download Winmerge which allows to compare files.

Next open in WInmerge in the left side one of FWR Media's files from the "compare files" folder, for example in "admin" the file categories.php and in the right window open the file by the same name in the same folder from your installed files. Winmerge will highlight the changes so you can modify the file easily. Once you get the hang of it editing files becomes easy. Then you upload the modified file to your server. I generally keep a copy of the file changed prior to changes just is case I have to roll back.

Hope this helps.

Bobbee

Noticing quite a few of the following in our error log.

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function store() on boolean in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php:78
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Usu_Main->__destruct()
#1 {main}
  thrown in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php on line 78

Line 78 reads as follows.

$this->getVar( 'cache' )->store( $this->getVar( 'registry' )->store() );

Is this a PHP 7.2 related error yet again?

• 1 month later...

Looking for more info/guidance on the error:    

Undefined index: products_model   

File: includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/product_info.php

Line: 189

This error kind of comes and goes, as I refresh a page multiple times.

Have read in this forum where it is probably a corrupted database, and a possible fix is changing " INNER JOIN to LEFT JOIN in the query".  

Assuming the query in question begins on approx. Line 35 in the above module  with "protected $dependencies ="  ....Unfortunately, this has not worked for me.

Help much appreciated...and have a Happy New year!

1 hour ago, MountainMan said:

Looking for more info/guidance on the error:    

Undefined index: products_model   

File: includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/product_info.php

Line: 189

This error kind of comes and goes, as I refresh a page multiple times.

Have read in this forum where it is probably a corrupted database, and a possible fix is changing " INNER JOIN to LEFT JOIN in the query".  

Assuming the query in question begins on approx. Line 35 in the above module  with "protected $dependencies ="  ....Unfortunately, this has not worked for me.

Help much appreciated...and have a Happy New year!

Adding more info to my post above: 

It appears the error occurs in part because some items do not actually have a "products_model" number - the entry in the table is empty.

Can someone more experienced than I suggest a work-around or mod to the code?  I have done the following and it seems to work:

if (!isset($details['products_model'])) {
         $text_types = array( 'p' => $details['products_name'], 'c' => $details['categories_name'] );
      } else {
         $text_types = array( 'p' => $details['products_name'], 'c' => $details['categories_name'], 'm' => $details['products_model'] );
      }