• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

6 hours ago, burt said:

It is telling you that sometimes, for unknown reason...

$text_array is not an array.  A foreach therefore...cannot work.

Try this;

foreach ( (array)$text_array as $key => $text ) {

Which forces $text_array as an array.

$text_array is cast as an array a few lines before this, so will this work given that it's already cast?  Several years ago I came up with the conclusion that the strict comparison was failing and that it needed a looser comparison to return false. 

Actually, I'm not sure how much the seo urls really help anymore.

I'm not really a dog.

2 minutes ago, John W said:

$text_array is cast as an array a few lines before this, so will this work given that it's already cast?  Several years ago I came up with the conclusion that the strict comparison was failing and that it needed a looser comparison to return false. 

Should not matter.  By forcing the array, it should remove the problem.

>> Actually, I'm not sure how much the seo urls really help anymore.

They don't and never did.  Anyone who says otherwise is a shyster snakeoil seo salesman.

On 6.2.2018 at 10:42 PM, burt said:

They don't and never did.  Anyone who says otherwise is a shyster snakeoil seo salesman.

Thats not correct.

It helps the user to create a human readable link. What is very good.

Thers will be a better result for the search words.

SEO is complicated and SEO URLs are very good. I have a friend (we did study together), works by Google and there gave me this Info.
Anyone who says otherwise, dont know about SEO.

For more SEO Info please PM to me.

BTW i use this add-on and i dont have any problem at all.

Edited by mcmannehan
  • The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

On 2/6/2018 at 3:56 PM, Psytanium said:

@burt do you suggest another app ? btw I tried you solution, will wait and see if the error will come back later. thanks

I don't use any of these URL rewriters.  Do any search engines show URLs these days ?

the cronjob return the following error :

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.6.33
Set-Cookie: cookie_test=please_accept_for_session; expires=Mon, 12-Mar-2018 22:00:01 GMT; Max-Age=2592000; path=/
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to a member function retrieveDependencies() on array in <b>/home/woodandgasleb/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/uri_modules/path_rewrite.php</b> on line <b>84</b><br />

Using this cron: php /home/user/public_html/usu5_sitemaps/index.php

Any idea plz ?

Just installed Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_BS_208, worked fine after install all URLs showing as expected. Then followed instructions to check Admin side and made changes Recomended, all well until I go to " Select your chosen cache system?"

On install it was set by default to sqlite and worked. However when I went to edit this function nothing was selected so picked sqlite-Standerd, Admin display changed from sqlite  to sqlite-standerd and site just turned to blank page!!

Had to switch to another setting ( mysql ) to get site to work again. Installed on 4 live sites dose same on all, works fine after default install but nothing actualy selected in " Select your chosen cache system?" and then site messes up if you tick sqlite-Standerd.

.htaccess  set as required have checked all files and appeare in order?  apart from this it works fine.

Edited by justcatering

@justcatering use file cache instead. Sql based storages attacked nowadays with union injections. I am not sure that sql is safety.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Yes have opted for file, but still bugging me as to why it crashed.

Can not find cache system: <b>sqlite - supported</b> in /modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php on line 521

Looks like somthing is directing it to the wrong directory after the edit.

Edited by justcatering

On 2/9/2018 at 4:29 AM, mcmannehan said:

Thats not correct.

It helps the user to create a human readable link. What is very good.

Thers will be a better result for the search words.

SEO is complicated and SEO URLs are very good. I have a friend (we did study together), works by Google and there gave me this Info.
Anyone who says otherwise, dont know about SEO.

For more SEO Info please PM to me.

BTW i use this add-on and i dont have any problem at all.

This guy's confusion is even worse here than in the german forums... Could any mod or admin please block him, to prevent him from confusing a lot more people ? 

Edited by burt
remove personal insult

17 hours ago, leatherdealer said:

This guy's confusion is even worse here than in the german forums... Could any mod or admin please block him, to prevent him from confusing a lot more people ? 

mcmannehan 

he is absolutely correct about SEO URLs. i think most people find them helpful and so do search engines to some extent

https://moz.com/learn/seo/url

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/seo-friendly-url-structure-2/202790/

Edited by burt
remove quoted personal insult

15 hours ago, RMD27 said:

mcmannehan 

he is absolutely correct about SEO URLs. i think most people find them helpful and so do search engines to some extent

@RMD27 thank you!

Now @leatherdealer begins to discriminate against me and to talk bad about me here in the forum. In the german forum he becomes personal. I hope this will be reminded and stopped here in this forum. In the German forum unfortunately no admin does something about it.

Edited by burt
Remove personal insult

10 hours ago, John W said:

One thing about it, is most browsers will autofill if you start typing words you remember from URL's. 

If you change the settings in the browser to "private browsing" or to turn off the "history" the autofill will stop.

a tempoary solution: in /catalog/includes/application_top.php

change the error level of PHP to:

// set the level of error reporting
  error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING);

Edited by mcmannehan

15 hours ago, RMD27 said:

mcmannehan 

This is Out Of Date.  Sites like these post stuff, then don't update it.

These links were good, now not.  GOOGLE DOES NOT SHOW URLs.

For context: 

Hi Burt. You must have different search settings to me. Amazon, i tunes, Wikipedia even Google play to name just 4 all show SEO URLS in Google search results

Image attached. 

Also worth noting that Google displays the results exactly as this post describes which suggests it this post is at the least, not out of date https://www.searchenginejournal.com/seo-friendly-url-structure-2/202790/

seo_url.jpg

Are seo friendly urls needed? The answer is simple and definitely YES! Its not a question of personal choice, All websites should be designed with the customer at its core, and search engines are your customer also. In fact for a new site it could be said they are one of your most important customers.

Personal opinions don't matter here, just ask the customer what he needs and do it. The old saying “the customer is king” is still true.

I would recommend anyone not sure should read the following guide lines. They will give you a good idea of what is required.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7451184?hl=en

Now more specifically seo friendly URL’s Google definitely recommend that you use them. They give clear guidelines on what one should aim for. If after reading the guide lines you still feel you don't need them then fine after all its your website and you chose what it offers.

As a shop owner my recommendation would be definitely yes use them. With this add-on that's your decision.

This is what Google recommends

Simple URLs convey content information

Creating descriptive categories and filenames for the documents on your website not only helps you keep your site better organized, it can create easier, "friendlier" URLs for those that want to link to your content. Visitors may be intimidated by extremely long and cryptic URLs that contain few recognizable words.

image.png.5f6078c2baec3f3480c5eb3232164f74.png

URLs like the one shown in the image above can be confusing and unfriendly. Users would have a hard time creating a link to it.

image.png.b62b53891f336e89f426e9b9c288e947.png

Some users might link to your page using the URL of that page as the anchor text. If your URL contains relevant words, this provides users with more information about the page than an ID or oddly named parameter would.

URLs are displayed in search results

Lastly, remember that the URL to a document is usually displayed in a search result in Google below the document title.

Google is good at crawling all types of URL structures, even if they're quite complex, but spending the time to make your URLs as simple as possible is a good practice.

Best Practices

Use words in URLs

URLs with words that are relevant to your site's content and structure are friendlier for visitors navigating your site.

Avoid:

• Using lengthy URLs with unnecessary parameters and session IDs.

• Choosing generic page names like "page1.html".

• Using excessive keywords like "baseball-cards-baseball-cards-baseballcards.htm".

Create a simple directory structure

Use a directory structure that organizes your content well and makes it easy for visitors to know where they're at on your site. Try using your directory structure to indicate the type of content found at that URL.

Avoid:

• Having deep nesting of subdirectories like ".../dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/dir5/dir6/page.html".

• Using directory names that have no relation to the content in them.

Provide one version of a URL to reach a document

To prevent users from linking to one version of a URL and others linking to a different version (this could split the reputation of that content between the URLs), focus on using and referring to one URL in the structure and internal linking of your pages. If you do find that people are accessing the same content through multiple URLs, setting up a 301 redirect33 from non-preferred URLs to the dominant URL is a good solution for this. You may also use canonical URL or use the rel="canonical"34 link element if you cannot redirect.

Avoid:

• Having pages from subdomains and the root directory access the same content, for example, "domain.com/page.html" and "sub.domain.com/page.html".

URLs are not shown by Google in a properly set up website

It is not rocket science, but if you are brainwashed into believing something else...it might seem like rocket science.

Edited by burt
formatting