• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

I change in the SQL database the length products_name products_description from 64 characters to 86 because I have very long product description.

I have installed Ultimate SEO Urls 5 PRO and is working very well, thanks Robert!

Is this change can cause any problems?

The problem is that the URL is displayed only 64 characters. how do I display all 80 characters in the URL?

Cheers

D

so I guess I should it say that there would have to replace or modify the file with that comes with the contribution or not ?

Yes it should state that the file is a replacement.

The problem is that the URL is displayed only 64 characters. how do I display all 80 characters in the URL?

The script does not limit the URI text to 64 characters.

I think there is a better approach to make mutli-language of this excellent contribution. In short form :

1) includes/functions/html_output.php

change the function tep_href_link to as followings:

function tep_href_link( $page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true ) {

$str=Usu_Main::i()->hrefLink( $page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id, $search_engine_safe );

return mb_convert_encoding($str, "iso-8859-1", "UTF-8"); //this is the trick, now you get the right encoding directly from database

}

2) make symlinks of

product_info.php -> product_info2.php

index.php -> index2.php

in linux just type

ln -s catalog/product_info.php catalog/product_info2.php

ln -s catalog/index.php catalog/index2.php

3) .htaccess

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /catalog/

######################################################

#products

#note to work perfectly must make a symlink of products_info.php -> product_info2.php

#condition: do following only if query_string not includes products_id

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !products_id

#rewrite "name path" to product_info2.php?products_id

RewriteRule ^catalog/(.*)-p-(.*)$ product_info2\.php?products_id=$2 [L,NC,QSA]

#the same if you use the standard and no rewrite

#RewriteRule ^catalog/product_info\.php/(.*)-p-(.*)$ product_info2\.php?products_id=$2 [L,NC,QSA]

#categories

#note to work perfectly must make a symlink of index.php -> index2.php

#condition: do following only if query_string not includes cPath

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !cPath

#rewrite "name path" to index.php?cPath

RewriteRule ^catalog/(.*)-c-(.*)$ index2\.php?cPath=$2 [L,NC,QSA]

#the same if you use the standard and no rewrite

#RewriteRule ^catalog/index\.php/(.*)-c-(.*)$ index2\.php?cPath=$2 [L,NC,QSA]

That 's all...

It works on osc.2.3.3 !!! :thumbsup:

@@ksotiris

Thanks for the kind comments but I don't understand the point of what you have done tbh.

@@ksotiris

If I understand your code it's made for DB's running iso-8859-1 or?

I am using this excellent contribution (Thanks Robert). My DB and site is utf-8 encoded and run without any hickups.

Cheers!

Have installed it and it works really good exept two things:

- I get error if I use the swedish language character replacement file. I have changed it to UTF-8 encoding but that does not help. It works however if I define the characters in admin

- The links in the Infromation box is just the english name of the file. I should want the link to be the swedish title instead.

Anyone has some help on this?

First a big thank you to the developer of this excellent add-on and thank you for supporting the add-on for so long!

My question:

I just changed the name of a manufacturer, but when i call the oldmanufacturer-m-1.html it does not redirect to newmanufacturer-m-1.html

I tried adding the exception to uri_redirects_array.php and reset the cache, but it did not work.

Is there any other way to resolve this (am i overlooking something?)

version: ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 PRO ( version 1.1 )

Thanks in advance for every reply to this :)

Hi, I installed SEO PRO 5, but when I turn "true" gives me in error in a subpages

"The requested URL / catalog / Ã?? Â'Ã?? Â ¾ Ã?? Â'Ã?? Â ½ Ã?? Â ¸-Ã?? Â ¿Ã?? Â ¾ Ã?? Â ¼ Ã?? Â ¿Ã?? Â ¸ -c-2.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. '

I did step by step, but after installation shows only the main page, others pages url is "'Ã?? Â ¾ Ã?? Â'Ã?? Â ½". When off SEO URL 5 working normally. Any ideas?

Thank you.

P.S Site is bulgarian www.agrotehnika.bg

Hi, I installed SEO PRO 5, but when I turn "true" gives me in error in a subpages

"The requested URL / catalog / Ã?? Â'Ã?? Â ¾ Ã?? Â'Ã?? Â ½ Ã?? Â ¸-Ã?? Â ¿Ã?? Â ¾ Ã?? Â ¼ Ã?? Â ¿Ã?? Â ¸ -c-2.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. '

I did step by step, but after installation shows only the main page, others pages url is "'Ã?? Â ¾ Ã?? Â'Ã?? Â ½". When off SEO URL 5 working normally. Any ideas?

Thank you.

P.S Site is bulgarian www.agrotehnika.bg

You need to create a character conversion set.

See the files in extras/character_conversion_pack/

One more doubt:

I have edited the original osCommerce code and I'm using $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] and $HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'] many times to do different other things. If I install this contibution by FWR Media, will there be any affect on these?

I think after installing this addon, the URL will become something like this:

http://example.com/catalog/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-p-20.html

I don't see any products_id being set in the URL, so if I use $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] in my code on products page, will it work?

Thank you.

USU5 PRO has no current issues, try it.

Hello,

When would there be an page module for faqdesk.

is it simple to edit newsdesk module for it?

regards Marco

There is support for newsdesk but not faqdesk .. it's easy to create though there is a devs template in the download.

Thanks FWR,

I will start with the devs template (faqdesk_index.php already tested and working)

Will do the rest faqdesk_info faqdesk_reviews ... soon.

another question:

* Force www.mysite.com/index.php to 301 redirect to www.mysite.com/
   * @uses str_replace()
   * @uses htmlspecialchars_decode()
   * @[member='access'] private
   * @[member='Return'] mixed - bool false / void
   */
   private function homePageRedirect() {
  if ( false !== do_homepage_redirect() ) {
    $this->redirect( str_replace( FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', htmlspecialchars_decode( tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT ) ) ) );
  }
  return false;
   } // end method;
 } // end class

This is causing an error also on newsdesk_index.php en faqdesk_index.php

this is because we do an str_replace on the index.php en replace it to ' ' <=nothing ;-)

so the index.php is cut off newsdesk_ en faqdesk_ resulting in a redirect to homepage.

Do you have an other approach for this redirect (lets say exclude _index.php) <= notice to underscore

Regards Marco

Hi, I've been looking for help everywhere but I can't get to my answer.

I want to configure Ultimate SEO Urls 5 with choose uri format = rewrite, but when I do that I get 404 errors, I've read that I have to configure my .htaccess file but I don't know how. Can you help me plase?

Hi, I've been looking for help everywhere but I can't get to my answer.

I want to configure Ultimate SEO Urls 5 with choose uri format = rewrite, but when I do that I get 404 errors, I've read that I have to configure my .htaccess file but I don't know how. Can you help me plase?

documentation\install_files\install_complete.htm

I would like to put a new page to "includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/", such as "specials.php"

Have done:

1/. replicated "product_info.php" to "specials.php",

2/. class module name Specials_Page_module,

3/. add "-s-" marker tag,

4/. modified Table names, column names.

What else missed, the "specials.php/..." won't show-up URL field ?

It will be appreciated, if somebody can quote the pointer link which posted topic has the similar before?

Thanks a lot indeed!

:x

YaNotCook !!

Hello

I have installed this contrib in osc2.3.3, but can't see "Seo Url" link in admin panel (Configuration).

I ve tried in different ways: on clear install (from /drop_on_top), by modification by steps .. nothing (

What may be I wrong ? need help

10x in advance

Hi and thanks for a great contrib that has done wonders to my google ranking!! However Im using multilanguage support witch adds a country code after my image names like image1.jpg/cs.. when I use jquery for lightboxes and Jq zoom etc.. This is resulting in a page not found error when the site is used in the secondary language

Is there any way to fix this crusual error that makes a modern jquery packed site totally useless with this contrib??

Thanks in advance

Rob