• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

This module rocks!

I use every aspect of the module! thanks a lot!

I am trying to adjust the URL when clicking on the category.

Now when i click it says: http://domainname.com/alfa-romeo-c-1.html

I want to change it into http://domainname.coml/alfa-romeo-tuning.html

I tried it in the .htacces by adding this: RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-tuning.html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]

But that won't work.

Does anyone know how you change it?

Thanks in advance!

Ultimate SEO Urls need the identifiers in the url..it will not work without them....

If you want urls without identifiers then you need to use another mod.

I have tried a lot of modules.. Do you know wich one can change http://domainname.com/alfa-romeo-c-1.html to http://domainname.coml/alfa-romeo-tuning.html?

Kind regards

Just click the appropriate links in my signature and read on.....

By the way...the id in the url has no "negative" effect SEO wise.. so it can just be left there unless you want it differently for purely cosmetic reasons...

Just click the appropriate links in my signature and read on.....

By the way...the id in the url has no "negative" effect SEO wise.. so it can just be left there unless you want it differently for purely cosmetic reasons...

Hi, thnx for taking the time to reply,

It is not for cosmetic reasons, the older version (2.2) did use a rewrite based script, so Google already knows the urls.

Thats why i want to change them excactly like the old links.

So i uninstalled the 'Ultimate SEO Urls 5' and installed from your topic the 'immit sef'.

in the install manual u have to disable sef in de config admin panel.

When i install the files and turn sef off the webpage gives a few errors like:

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/domainname.com/public_html/includes/nimmit_sef.php on line 19

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/domainname.com/public_html/includes/nimmit_sef.php on line 20

When i turn sef ON in the config admin panel the errors disappear, but the links do not change.

I think it is good to discuss the problem here because many more people install this contribution for only to get the links (see topic history)

and are having this problem and can't get it done.

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Open a new topic or go to the support topic for Nimmit SEF and post any questions related to that mod there. ( NIMMIT SEF is a old script and will need to be updated to work on PHP5.3 )

Hi, I have installed USU 5 Pro on a live website (RC2.2) which already had KISSMT Meta Tags (working perfectly) but all my links just keep re-directing to index.php.

I'm using mod_rewrite and have triple checked my .htaccess file and also checked my config file settings and all are correct. When I mouse over the items or categories, I get the correct link showing, however when I click on it, I just get redirected to my index.php page. I've been struggling with this for a couple of days now and disabled the SEO completely so my website works.

Can this be because of KISSMT? (only asking because KISSMT had a feature to not duplicate www.mysite.com & www.mysite.com/index.php)

Does anyone have any clue what can cause this or how I can troubleshoot this? I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Great contribution, especially the multi-language functionality.

My question is also about this specific functionality.

I am splitting our .com website in a .fr, .be etc. and would like to set the language per extension (french for .fr; french and dutch for .be, dutch for .nl etc...) according to a $locale we define in application_top.php.

I have been trying to change $language and $languages_id according to the $locale in application_top.php right before the initiation of Usu_Main but it seems like USU5 Pro is always reverting to the default language.

Any suggestions on how to tackle this?

Hi;

I've just installed your contribution in my store. It seems to be doing everithing else right.

The url for product is correct : product inffo.php/product name-p-1 also with other format category/product name-p-1

but it not works for the categories : shop.php?cPath=1

It seems the problem is because i don't use the index.php as the FILENAME DEFAULT in my store.

But I don't find where is the code to modify to fix it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Julio

Hi,

Great contribution, especially the multi-language functionality.

My question is also about this specific functionality.

I am splitting our .com website in a .fr, .be etc. and would like to set the language per extension (french for .fr; french and dutch for .be, dutch for .nl etc...) according to a $locale we define in application_top.php.

I have been trying to change $language and $languages_id according to the $locale in application_top.php right before the initiation of Usu_Main but it seems like USU5 Pro is always reverting to the default language.

Any suggestions on how to tackle this?

I found it,

you need to create a page into ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules like index but with your FILENAME_DEFAULT make changes from index to your filename_default.

And in htaccess add the RewriteRule for the new page.

Julio

Apparently Julio quoted the wrong issue - seeing the previous post it seems that my issue is solved but this is not the case

But, in the meantime we had some progress:

In application_top.php we have forced the right language like this:

Usu_Main::i()->initiate( $lng, $languages_id, $language, true );

This sets the right language however the URLs are not translated so instead of

http://www.site.com/fr/product-name-p-1.html all links are standard oscommerce links like:

http://www.site.ciom/product_info.php/fr?products_id=1

So just this last solution needed for our issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks all for this contribution and support; I was having problems with Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_11 so I decided to try this new one.

So far everything seems to work except iam missing all the graphics & Images will not display, upon further investigation found that the path look like

http://mysite.comdir_ws_catalog/images/spi****.jpg

should be

http://mysite.com/catalog/images/spi****.jpg

I am new to all this, can some one help, not sure if I have to add a line to .htaccess or make changes to my configure.php

Thanks in advance

ANY ONE!!! PLEASE HELP

Hi,

Thanks for this very usefull contribution.

I have one small issue

OSC 2.3.1 and Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205

Error: Undefined index: products_model

File: includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/product_info.php

Line: 189

line 189 is $text_types = array( 'p' => $details['products_name'], 'c' => $details['categories_name'], 'm' => $details['products_model'] ); in function

private function linkTextOrder( array $details = array() ) {
  $text_types = array( 'p' => $details['products_name'], 'c' => $details['categories_name'], 'm' => $details['products_model'] );
  // manufacturers_name is gained through a left join and may not exist
  array_key_exists( 'manufacturers_name', $details ) ? $text_types['b'] = $details['manufacturers_name'] : null;
  // Products name MUST be present, if not we force it to the end
  if ( false === stripos( USU5_PRODUCTS_LINK_TEXT_ORDER, 'p' ) ) {
	 $admin_order = str_split( USU5_PRODUCTS_LINK_TEXT_ORDER . 'p' );
  } else $admin_order = str_split( USU5_PRODUCTS_LINK_TEXT_ORDER );
  // Split the string value entered in admin ( like mcp etc ) to an array
  $text_order = array_flip( $admin_order ); // Flip key => value to value => key
  $text_to_format = array_intersect_key( $text_types, $text_order ); // return only those key => value pairs that match the admin selection
  $link_text_count = count( $admin_order );
  $ordered_array = array();
  for ( $i=0; $i<$link_text_count; $i++ ) {
  if ( ( array_key_exists( $admin_order[$i], $text_to_format ) && tep_not_null( $text_to_format[$admin_order[$i]] ) ) ) { // If a value is empty then we don't want to add it to the link text
	  $to_seperate[] = $text_to_format[$admin_order[$i]]; // Create an array where the  link text is in the same order as the admin selection
    }
  }
  return $to_seperate; 
   } // End method

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Since yesterday evening my website is down. I made a change on the files of my shop when suddenly you return to the catalog and I see this error message:

Warning: can not find the Usu5 full filepath, please Ensure That DIR_FS_CATALOG in configure.php contains a FULL path in / homez.33/xxxxxx/www/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php on line 198

Warning: File_Cache_Module checkCacheWriteable :: Could not make the Cache directory writable, You Will Need to do this Manually.

includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/cache / in / on line 134 homez.33/xxxxxx/www/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/file.php

Warning: require (includes / languages ​​/ english / FILENAME_DEFAULT) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in / homez.33/xxxxxx/www/index.php on line 36

Fatal error: require () [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes / languages ​​/ english / FILENAME_DEFAULT' (include_path = '. :/ Usr / local / lib / php') in / homez.33/xxxxxx/www / index.php on line 36

What I do not understand is that prior to start of file mofications I took care to make a backup of the database as well as my www directory (which worked perfectly).

I even tried to restore a city with a bdd a slightly older version of my site, and I always get this error message ... I frankly do not see or it can come ... if you have a track I'm really sold.

Edited by kervano

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

When I activate multi language support in the admin I get a problem with my images. When in the default language the images load correctly with Ultimate Images but if I change the language to nederlands the rewrite function adds /nl to the end of the image link so the image does not load. Is this an Ultimate Images code problem or USU5 rewrite problem? Do you know of a fix?

Hi

I have downloaded Oscommerce 2.3.1 and it is up and running. I have installed Site Monitor, Site Pro and Easy Populate all working perfectly.

I have installed this contrib three times over the past few hours but it is not giving me an admin panel and the catalog side is only giving me blank white pages.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this.

Regards

I would suspect you have created errors in your install

Check your error log, enable error display if not already done.

Ensure your using a decent editor and aren't creating any 'white space' issues

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hi all gurus..

I`m trying to install that contribution, but i have problem with index.php file.

Manual says that u need to edit index.php file:

But on my index.php there is no line like that...

What should i do?

2) catalog/index.php

Find ( this is within a block of code ) ...

tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get')

Replace with ...

tep_draw_form('filter', tep_href_link( FILENAME_DEFAULT ), 'get')

Hi

I have done a complete new fresh install of oscommerce 2.3.1.

I have done a drop_on_top install of this contrib.

I still do not have SEO in admin and I still have blank white screens on the catalog side.

The error log is showing:-

[sat Apr 14 20:05:02 2012] [error] [client 172.16.1.16] PHP Warning: include(includes/configure.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 28

[sat Apr 14 20:05:02 2012] [error] [client 172.16.1.16] PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'includes/configure.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 28

[sat Apr 14 20:05:02 2012] [error] [client 172.16.1.16] PHP Warning: require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONScompatibility.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 41

[sat Apr 14 20:05:02 2012] [error] [client 172.16.1.16] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_FUNCTIONScompatibility.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 41

any help would be much appreciated.

Just to check the drop_on_top instructions do not mention the directory ultimate_seo_urls5 nor is it included in the fuiles you have to drop_on_top I take it this directory is needed as is the file bm_languages.php.

regards

Hi, I have a new website at www.just-smartphones.co.za (still work in progress, but basics are up). I have Seo urls installed, but no idea what version or what to do next.

Can someone please advise 1. How do I find out what version I have (in code I see pro, on admin screen just SEO urls)? 2. Is there any documentation on the parameter settings and how best to config this add-ons.

Many Thanks.

ps - these long long threads need a break section (say ever 3 pages) to update the key topics discussed. I spend hours reading threads and honestly they confuse me more than when I start! be good to have an update every once in a while. Just a thought!

J.

@@Dum Dum

Check your installing in the right place your error says you have a catalog folder (ie not a root install) but do you have that? or is it really a root install?

The drop in files are in a catalog folder for a root install you remove/ignore that folder.

@@ja1nsa

If its a new site how come u don't remember which u used! I don't believe Robert included any version idents, check you app top but otherwise do a file compare.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Any thoughts why when creating a file for google I woulkd get this error message.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 577951 bytes) in /home/content/52/7491052/html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/mysql.php on line 82

Cheers

Geoffrey

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Resolved it by bumping up the values in php.ini (or php5.ini on Go Daddy).

A record for the highest numbered product record had been output to the file so still intrigued by what could have caused it.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hi

I am having the same problem as DumDum at the top of this thread......

I have a completely fresh install of Oscommerce and I have then followed

Drop on Top Quick Install ( requires an untouched osCommerce installation )

using Drop on Top v2.3 directory

when I log into admin the Ultimate SEO URL is not appearing in my Admin menu and when I click on Online Catalog I get the white screen of death.......

My error log file comes back with the following error messages

Thu Apr 19 12:39:02 2012] [error] [client 172.16.1.16] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php on line 274, referer: http://www.test2.co.uk/admin/index.php

[Thu Apr 19 12:39:02 2012] [error] [client 172.16.1.16] PHP Warning: include_once(page_modules.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php on line 339, referer: http://www.test2.co.uk/admin/index.php

[Thu Apr 19 12:39:02 2012] [error] [client 172.16.1.16] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'page_modules.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php on line 339, referer: http://www.test2.co.uk/admin/index.php

[Thu Apr 19 12:39:02 2012] [error] [client 172.16.1.16] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Directory name must not be empty.' in /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/usu_general_functions.php:244\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/usu_general_functions.php(244): DirectoryIterator->__construct('')\n#1 /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php(340): usu_dir_iterator(false)\n#2 /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php(83): Usu5_Bootstrap->loadPageModules()\n#3 /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php(119): Usu5_Bootstrap->bootStrapper(Array)\n#4 /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/includes/application_top.php(314): Usu_Main->initiate(Array, '1', 'english')\n#5 /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/index.php(13): require('/var/www/html/t...')\n#6 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/test2.co.uk/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/usu_general_functions.php on line 244, referer: http://www.test2.co.uk/admin/index.php

As this is a brand new FRESH install in a completely clean directory and the instructions are so simple and straight forward I am stumped for what to try next.

Any assistance gratefully accepted

Cheers

Hello,

Can i know what is the fix to display correct seo url instead of /index.php/atv-c-28 ?

I have seen a previous post saying to modify the html_output.php, which i have looked in for the said code, unfortunatelly i don't have the same code.

Here is what i have in my html_output.php file:

/**
 * ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 PRO by FWR Media
 * Replacement for osCommerce href link wrapper function
 */
 require_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.php';

function tep_href_link( $page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true ) {
   return Usu_Main::i()->hrefLink( $page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id, $search_engine_safe );
 }

Any recommandations? Regards.