• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Dear FWR,

I am having the folling error when I run cron of usu5_sitemaps/index.php:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function retrieveDependencies() on a non-object in /....l/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/uri_modules/rewrite.php on line 84

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.6

Thanks

Hello! I just recently installed this module and I have a question about escaping characters. I have product names that use the '/' character and it is stripping it out of the url's, so '1/2 Yard' now reads '12 Yard' in the url. I have Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? set to False but it is still stripping it out. I also added this line to Special Character Conversions '/=>/' and no luck. I also added a special character file as instructed and that is not doing anything, although my site only displays in English. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Regards,

Heather

www.girlcharlee.com

Grapesmuggler, if you disable USU5 does it still remove the / ? Was just wondering if that was a osCommerce function that does that.

-Bill

Hi Bill,

No it is def the module that does it as without it there is no name in the URL string, just the usual product_info.php?product_id etc. Thanks!

Regards,

Heather

No luck with that as it strips out the from the entity code /. I am confused why it does strip it as I have it set to allow special characters in admin. Will step through the module code to see if I can see where it is happening and maybe comment it out. If anyone has any ideas please do post!

Thanks!

Heather

I have installed this mod but there is a problem with the 'HeaderTags SEO V 3.2.6'. If I turn on the Seo URL 5, the title is the same name in all the pages, not the pages in concrete.

I am testing it in www.vinotecaurederra.com/tienda/index.php

As you can see the title is always 'Vinoteca Urederra' no more. Ig I disable the Seo URL 5, the titles return to the tags of the HeaderTags SEO.

The key is in the application_top.php file but I dont know how to puit it right. Anybody can take a look? Thanks.

The code that "disable" the Header Tags Titles is the following one.

/**

* ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 PRO by FWR Media

* function to return the base filename

*/

function usu5_base_filename() {

// Probably won't get past SCRIPT_NAME unless this is reporting cgi location

$base = new ArrayIterator( array( 'SCRIPT_NAME', 'PHP_SELF', 'REQUEST_URI', 'ORIG_PATH_INFO', 'HTTP_X_ORIGINAL_URL', 'HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL' ) );

while ( $base->valid() ) {

if ( array_key_exists( $base->current(), $_SERVER ) && !empty( $_SERVER[$base->current()] ) ) {

if ( false !== strpos( $_SERVER[$base->current()], '.php' ) ) {

preg_match( '@[a-z0-9_]+\.php@i', $_SERVER[$base->current()], $matches );

if ( is_array( $matches ) && ( array_key_exists( 0, $matches ) )

&& ( substr( $matches[0], -4, 4 ) == '.php' )

&& ( is_readable( $matches[0] ) ) ) {

return $matches[0];

}

}

}

$base->next();

}

// Some odd server set ups return / for SCRIPT_NAME and PHP_SELF when accessed as mysite.com (no index.php) where they usually return /index.php

if ( ( $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] == '/' ) || ( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] == '/' ) ) {

return 'index.php';

}

// Return the standard RC3 code

return ( ( ( strlen( ini_get( 'cgi.fix_pathinfo' ) ) > 0) && ( (bool)ini_get( 'cgi.fix_pathinfo' ) == false ) ) || !isset( $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] ) ) ? basename( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ) : basename( $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] );

} // End function

// set php_self in the local scope

$PHP_SELF = usu5_base_filename();

I'm still having this issue after several weeks of testing settings:

Every morning, all my admin settings go back to the default ones.

I need my uri format to stick to rewrite (Google started indexing standard uri, I don't want that )

Please let me know if you experienced similar behavior.

Thank you!

Hi thanks for a great contrib it does wonders for seo however

my popup images does not work in my second language setting.. in default it all works fine..

the link is: mens/mens_pant.jpg in my second language it adds a /cs at the end like: mens/mens_pant.jpg/cs

how can I get rid off the /cs in the link name?? it is clearly seo url that causes this

thanks for a fast reply... losing a lot of customers here

Hi. Thanks for this great contribution! Recently I upgraded my site from 2.2 to 2.3. SEO Url's was working perfectly in 2.2 but I'm having an issue in 2.3. My manufacturer pages have reverted from:

www.subcitizen.com/ames-bros-m-12.html

to this

www.subcitizen.com/?manufacturers_id=12

I changed this setting in admin to true

Add category parent to begining of URLs?

and nothing changed. Am I missing something?

Thanks so much,

Jason

osCommerce apparently allows categories id's to be added to no end in the url. I have around 1,000 categories 3 levels deep and around 20,000 products. I've had page load times in excess of 5 minutes, which seem to be caused by the caching system (speeds increased after cache has been deleted). After more insight from problems every 3 months at the start, and more frequent as time went on I've came to notice an interesting trend. For some reason the web crawlers just start adding categories such as: 22_34_78_79_99 and so on! I now have around 90k pages indexed at Google, LOL. I'm going to have a lot of pages not found for quite awhile to come. As long as the last two are valid osCommerce category id's the site accepts the entry and displays the last category id.

Many of the cached entries had category depths as high as 5 levels deep or more?

This becomes a serious issue in USU5 because of the size of the cache (seek times in sqlite are enormous, file seek times are impossible, I never tried mysql caching), with google indexing around 90k pages and crawling an amazing amount of pages and continually adding random add-on categories. I was desperate and made a change to the tep_parse_category_path function in general.php, this fixed the caching problem from osCommerce's cache, but did nothing for the problem with caching in USU5. In order to stop USU5 from caching these invalid url's, I tried to modify the index.php in the page modules directory and couldn't figure out how. So instead I was able to modify the hrefLink function in usu5.php file in the main directory like this:

public function hrefLink( $page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id, $search_engine_safe ) {
 // Badly coded shops often pass in odd characters

if (sizeof($parameters)>2){
  $parameters = array_slice ($parameters, -3);	
  return osc_href_link( $page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id, $search_engine_safe );
 }

I'm not sure if this is the most elegant way to fix this problem or if there is a better way!

-Bill

I had the same issue with manufacturers_id appended to the rewritten URL... not often, but some were showing up.

Perhaps my way is not the most elegant way either, but it will quickly remove them from being indexed and send the proper header to avoid duplicate content issues.

This was my fix to catch them; you can tweak my rewrite to fix your categories issue too.

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^GET\ /.*\.html\?manufacturers_id=.*\ HTTP/

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !^$

RewriteRule .* http://yoursite.com%{REQUEST_URI}? [R=301,L]

Notice how it only addresses the rewritten (html) pages.

...index.php?manufacturers_id=

is required when viewing page 2, 3, 4 etc.

Perhaps this has already been addressed, but why doesn't this (Seo Urls 5) rewrite manufacturers pages on split page results?

Debs

Hello friends,

This is my website: www.estereomicroscopio.com.br.

It was working fine till today.

Now for some ocult reason, instead of my store, it shows only this error message:

[b]Fatal error[/b]: Call to undefined method stdClass::merge() in[b]/home/estereom/public_html/catalogo/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_PopUpImage.php[/b] on line [b]37[/b]

I don't know what happened. As far as I know nothing was changed.

What can I do?

Thanks for your time

E-commerce?

No external links please.

Hello,

I've installed this contribution to replace Chemo's seo urls,

because that one was modified by me and wanted to try this clean and more flexible one.

I'm looking for a way to create the category urls without *.html on the end,

and want to replace it with a /.

What is the best way, or where do I have to dive into the code to make that possible, only for the category urls?

I've seen some different functions that add '.html' onto the end of the url,

but want it implemented as clean as possible.

For example the file 'path_rewrite.php' has the functions:

- createLinkString()

- isValidUri()

- parsePath()

that add or check for .html

But I doubt this is the only file I have to modify.

My 'goal' is to add a 'filter' on the category pages, and the used filters will be added after the slash of the category url.

So if you are in the category computers:

www.site.com/category-c-123/

And in that category you add the filter "AMD" , you will get an url like this:

www.site.com/category-c-123/amd/

Can you please advise me on where to modify this contribution?

That will save me lots of learning time !

Thanks in advance,

Leo Zandvliet

Edited by Piemol

Anyone? Bueller?

I also couldn't find that statement in index.php, but the contribution is working.

Allthough I don't have 'buy this' buttons on the categorypages.

Haven't found something yet what isn't working.

Is there any 'FILENAME_DEFAULT' in index.php, and that's not an argument of tep_href_link() ?

Edited by Piemol

Well I saw that statement on my index.php

I will reproduce:

LINE 243

echo '            <td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';

E-commerce?

No external links please.

I also couldn't find that statement in index.php, but the contribution is working.

Allthough I don't have 'buy this' buttons on the categorypages.

Haven't found something yet what isn't working.

Is there any 'FILENAME_DEFAULT' in index.php, and that's not an argument of tep_href_link() ?

I did find the following with FILENAME_DEFAULT

Line 33:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);

Line 56 and 57:

$tab_sel = tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT);

$current_page = FILENAME_DEFAULT;

I was just very cautious as this was the first step and I was not finding anything remotely close to what was mentioned in the instructions.

Thanks so much for your help.

Edited by mvanderhoff

Hi,

I have a fresh install of osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1 and SEO URL 5. My problem is that while the products listings work when an image is clicked on the index page however a page not found error occurs when clicking any of the category links.

My Htaccess file is as follows.

# If you are getting errors you may need to comment this out like ..
# Options +FollowSymLinks
Options +FollowSymLinks
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 RewriteEngine On
 # RewriteBase instructions
 # Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.
 # http://www.myfairhands.co.uk = RewriteBase /
 # http://www.myfairhands.co.uk/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/
 # http://www.myfairhands.co.uk/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/
 # Change RewriteBase using the instructions above
 RewriteBase /
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 # Articles contribution
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 # Information pages
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 # Links contribution
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 # Newsdesk contribution
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
</IfModule>

Please can anyone help with this.

Many thanks

Edited by harperk

Hello harperk,

How do the urls to a category look like in the browser?

Can you maybe try remove the underscore after "0-9" in this line, the second rewriterule:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I'm not a rewrite expert, but i mostly do this on a "try and error" basis :).

Do the category urls work then? Do you maybe get an other error?

Okay,

Change the htaccess file back please then :)

What type of url rewriting did you chose in de admin?

There are four different types, is none working for the categories?