• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Yes, and have also now have it disabled.

Robert, In regards to Mark's issue, I noted that you can manually edit the parent category in the url and make pendants appear under LED lighting for example:

http://www.lightingathome.co.uk/ceiling-lights/pendants-c-159_267.html

So I believe this implies this is independent of cache.

If you choose to rename pendants to blahdeblah, a redirect takes place and pendants shows up:

http://www.lightingathome.co.uk/ceiling-lights/blahdeblah-c-159_267.html

No response necessary, just thought I'd pass this on..

If you choose to rename pendants to blahdeblah, a redirect takes place and pendants shows up:

Entering blahblahblah simply forces USU5 to 301 redirect to the correct URI for that category.

Entering blahblahblah simply forces USU5 to 301 redirect to the correct URI for that category.

Yup, should have said that, the second case works as expected (does the correct thing and redirects, though still in LED because I forgot to remove the parent category change) the first case doesn't do the redirect to the correct parent category which is unexpected.

My thoughts were that the first case should act like the second and redirect to the correct parent category.

For those using the sitemaps extra

Please replace catalog/usu5_sitemaps/index.php with the attached.

Robert,

Not serious, but I noticed that empty categories get links in sitemapCategories.xml. So using standard osc install where "memory" and "cdrom drives" are both empty categories, you still get them showing up (and both go to the same "no products in this category" page):

<url>

<loc>http://127.0.0.1/test/hardware-memory-c-1_16.html</loc>

<lastmod>2011-02-21</lastmod>

<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>

<priority>0.5</priority>

</url>

<url>

<loc>http://127.0.0.1/test/hardware-cdrom-drives-c-1_17.html</loc>

<lastmod>2011-02-21</lastmod>

<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>

<priority>0.5</priority>

</url>

Again, not a big deal (most will not have empty categories), but thought I'd mention it so you know.

Just upgraded from USU5 to USU5 Pro and have this error when visiting the catalog:

Warning: include_once(includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*****/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 19

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/*****/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 19

Fatal error: Class 'usu' not found in /home/*****/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 20

Just upgraded from USU5 to USU5 Pro and have this error when visiting the catalog:

Warning: include_once(includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*****/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 19

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/*****/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 19

Fatal error: Class 'usu' not found in /home/*****/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 20

Nevermind. The files I was editing were not uploading to my server.

Thanks for the contribution, it's one of the best.

The upload was for a bug where multiple products were shown. About your problem I haven't a clue as I can't replicate it.

On my systems the language sitemaps are created correctly.

Yeah it's really strange - if I set english as a default language instead of german - it will create english URLS containing /en/ in all sitemap files

Anyone fancy trying some new language selector code for multi language? it keeps the user on the current page.

Robert

just wanted to report on the new sqlite.php file you've given me, it works well, I've had it for 48 hours and so far it hasn't given any errors.

Thanks very much. :)

What is this language selector you mention in your last post?

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

Robert

just wanted to report on the new sqlite.php file you've given me, it works well, I've had it for 48 hours and so far it hasn't given any errors.

Thanks very much. :)

What is this language selector you mention in your last post?

Well the USU5 PRO multi language system requires a totally different and more complex system of setting languages than osCommerce standard.

The current download offers a "language box" for either the 2.2. or 2.3 osCommerce versions but they both only allow a user to selct a new language redirecting to index.php .. there is nothing in place to ensure that the user stays on the same page when they choose a new language.

I had the same thing happen in my test setup which has the standard 3 osc languages installed and I got 3 entries generated per product. As with you, only in sitemapsProducts.xml (not sure why categories wasn't showing triplicates). Going into admin and deleting the unused 2 languages removed the extra entries and now have only 1 entry per product.

G.

I haven't been able to get a reply from Robert, but I just tried what you suggested and removed the other 2 languages and it is working correctly.

I haven't been able to get a reply from Robert, but I just tried what you suggested and removed the other 2 languages and it is working correctly.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/336702-ultimate-seo-urls-5-by-fwr-media/page__view__findpost__p__1573121

there is nothing in place to ensure that the user stays on the same page when they choose a new language.

hmmm....on my site I always stay on the same page when choosing a new language.

Anyone fancy trying some new language selector code for multi language? it keeps the user on the current page.

okay, I am willing to test it!

Testing the new language selector for the multi language module

This is an beta test and not a part of the contribution.

It is entirely up to you whether you wish to test this.

What it ( hopefully does ).

The current download offers a "language box" for either the 2.2. or 2.3 osCommerce versions but they both only allow a user to selct a new language redirecting to index.php .. there is nothing in place to ensure that the user stays on the same page when they choose a new language.

Instructions:

First add the attached file to catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/

Then choose where you want the language images to appear, for the purpose of testing I'll assume osCommerce version 2.3.1 and you are adding it to template_top.php.

Right at the top ( but always below the <?php and application_top.php include ) add: -

include DIR_WS_MODULES . 'ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/language_selection.php';

Then where ever you want the language images to appear add the following ( I have assumed it is going in an html block which is why the PHP tags ): -

<?php echo new FWR_Language_Selection( $navigation, $language, ( isset( $lng ) && ( $lng instanceof language ) ) ? $lng : false, $session_started ); ?>

The links will display as inline li

language_selection.php

Edited by FWR Media

Hello, I downloaded the new index.php and ran it but still got the duplicate entries so I just uninstalled the other languages and then ran the new index.php and it is working correctly.

I still need to update to the new Ultimate SEO though.

Hi my friend yes its working now, i created a greek character conversion file.... Do you want me to send it to you, to include it in next version.

I am currently using Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205 for 2.3.1

Did I thank you for this awesome contribution???

hello can sou send me the greek character conversion file..Thank you...

hello can sou send me the greek character conversion file..Thank you...

Sent you a PM with my email.

The file is credited to and generously contributed by Ioannis.

It is UTF-8 btw.

Edited by FWR Media

Your stylesheets are trying to load as e.g.

[some-site]/product_info.php/ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.6.css

Where this should be: -

[some-site]ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.6.css

This is because in your files you have deleted/commented out the standard osCommerce base href which should look like: -

<base href="http://www.some-site.com/">

This sets the base path for relative paths.

Make the relevant .htaccess changes as in the instructions then change the URI type to rewrite from standard in admin then this issue will disappear. ( assuming you are not on a WinDoze server and that mod_rewrite is compiled as it should be ).

BUT base href should still be there, there is no reason to remove it.

Hey again,

I've finaly got some time to get this working, sadly I'm completely lost.

I've got a .htaccess file in the root directory of the shop, then another one in the /includes/ folder, but I don't understand which one needs changing.

Which one has the code that's been edited out? Sorry if these are really basic questions, but I've literaly got no idea what I'm doing here... :(

Hey again,

I've finaly got some time to get this working, sadly I'm completely lost.

I've got a .htaccess file in the root directory of the shop, then another one in the /includes/ folder, but I don't understand which one needs changing.

Which one has the code that's been edited out? Sorry if these are really basic questions, but I've literaly got no idea what I'm doing here... :(

Basic questions are just fine .. we all started somewhere.

In the instructions: -

catalog/.htaccess ( only needed if you intend to use rewrite urls )

catalog relates to the osCommerce shop root .. because some users install into server root and others install into a directory like catalog or shop or other .. we use the term "catalog" to relate to wherever the osCommerce shop root may be.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by FWR Media

Robert

looking at my server's error log I noticed a lot of this kind of entries occuring when someone uses languages other than English:

[sat Mar 26 10:50:39 2011] [error] [client 124.115.0.28] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/fr, referer: h t t p ://w w w.mysite.com/fr/my-french-product-p-178.html

Is there a way to avoid that?

Edited by Biancoblu