• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

22 minutes ago, DAVID3733 said:

Hi There

I have just spent a few hours trying to read all the posts and the only similar items i can find link to non existent pages so i will ask the question

I have 2.3.4BS with USU5 installed

All works as it should apart from child categories

example-c-123.html

and

example-c-123_456.html

both show as pages, the first having been moved to category 456 at a later stage, canonical is different for them so the first one is now duplicate data

I would have thought that the former should 301 to the latter but it does not

Does anybody know how i can fix this?

Thank you

David

sorry should have been

example-c-123.html

and

example-c-456_123.html

David

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the language files need to be updated for latest BS Edge unless i have done something wrong.

This is the error i get when i click on a product:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class language in /includes/classes/language.php on line 16

If i disable language support it works fine.

Also the Twitter Typeahead support. Where do i implement the code posted previously please.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys

i have been using  addon for  a very long time. 

Now I need to remove this addon.

when i disable this addon in the admin side the url revert back to original oscommerce format.

But when i click  on any spidered index html link it  doesn't load the product page, it goes straight to index page.

I think i need to rewrite the RewriteRule  

.Any help please..

@nafri

You should correct this soon because it's going to affect your ranking.  Off hand, you can make redirects in your htaccess like this.

Redirect 301 /spidered-link-p-865.html /oscommerce-link.php

This will be labor intensive to do by hand, but you can get a list of failing links at webmaster tools.  You can use a tool like regexbuddy or an editor and write a simple regex to capture the original link and create these rules.  If you don't know what i mean, post a couple examples of your old link and oscommerce link and I'll show you.

I'm not really a dog.

Hi All

I just wanted some advice on something, I installed SEO URL's and obtained this error: 

Warning: Can not find cache system: sqlite - supported in /home/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php on line 521

Fatal error: Call to a member function retrieve() on boolean in /home/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php on line 531

After which, I changed the cache system from sqllite to mysql and the error disappeared. So my question is, would changing the caching system affect how the add-on would work in any way? Significantly or insignificantly?

9 hours ago, John W said:

@nafri

You should correct this soon because it's going to affect your ranking.  Off hand, you can make redirects in your htaccess like this.

Redirect 301 /spidered-link-p-865.html /oscommerce-link.php

This will be labor intensive to do by hand, but you can get a list of failing links at webmaster tools.  You can use a tool like regexbuddy or an editor and write a simple regex to capture the original link and create these rules.  If you don't know what i mean, post a couple examples of your old link and oscommerce link and I'll show you.

i tried this and it works . is this correct.

RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2 [R=301,NC,L,QSA]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am using Ultimate Seo Urls 5 for Responsive Oscom (https://apps.oscommerce.com/Hj4y0&ultimate-seo-urls-5-for-responsive-oscom) and have not encountered any issues with it.  However, one of my languages is Japanese, which is a multi-byte language.  When I had all special characters filtered out, the URLs basically have nothing left but something like "-c-5_9.html".

Is it possible to force all languages to use and only use the SEO URLs of the default language (English)?  Since Japanese SEO URLs still have /ja/ as part of the URL, (I think) the Japanese pages will still be properly indexed.

Thanks in advance if anyone could give me some ideas on how to do this.

Cheers, Eddy

• 2 months later...

Hi nice Addon. Works like a charm in the english version. But I also have a shop in polish language and the character conversion doesn't seem to be working properly. Some special characters are not displayed correctly and will be replaced by a "?". See attached screenshot below

bug.JPG

On 25.1.2018 at 4:10 AM, leatherdealer said:

The file based character conversion also doesn't work... Not even with german language. 

Read this please:

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

8 hours ago, leatherdealer said:

Okay that fixed it for me. 

But I have a further question. Does anybody know how to remove the .html and -p / -c from the url ? 

This should not be changed, if you have products with the same name and you put away the 'p' than the link is not correct. 'p' is the unique products number.

To change the .html you have to change the code, but in my opinion you should not change that.

The 'c'  you can configure in your adminarea. Go to configuration-> SEO urls 5. Further i recommand you, read the manuel for the SEO url 5.

• The clever one learn from everything and from everybody
  • The normal one learn from his experience
  • The silly one knows everything better

[socrates, 412 before Christ]

Computers help us with the problems we wouldn't have without them!
99.9% of the bugs sit in front of the computer!
My programmed add-ons: WDW EasyTabs 1.0.3, WDW Facebook Like 1.0.0

if(isset($this) || !isset($this)){ // that's the question...

@Psytanium

I found this on the forum a long time ago:

In includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/index.php find

if ( false === $text_array ) {

and change it to

// Change to fix PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/user/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/index.php on line 111
      //if ( false === $text_array ) {
      if ( false == $text_array ) {

I haven't had any problems since then.

Edited by frankl

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup: