The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Hi

I have the following problem with this addon:

Link to product page works fine:

domain*com/aviator-piloten-sonnenbrille-transparent-p-725.html

Link to categorie looks like that:

domain*com/?cPath=106_107

I checked and tried different settings, but with no success.

how can i remove the cpath in categories?

Any ideas?

thank you

marcel

Edited by akropolis

Hi,

OK, I have install this add-on and at start everything seems alright. But when I try some links that have especial characters I see that I have something missing.

Back to add-on package and find in the extras the character_conversion_pack and put the conversion file inside catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/character_conversion. I put the file named exactly the same as my language file.

This is the content of my file:

<?php $char_convert = array('à' => 'a', 'â' => 'a', 'á' => 'a', 'ã' => 'a', 'ê' => 'e', 'ë' => 'e', 'é' => 'e', 'ô' => 'o', 'ó' => 'o', 'õ' => 'o', 'ö' => 'o', 'ú' => 'u', 'ü' => 'u', 'í' => 'i', 'ç' => 'c', 'ñ' => 'n', 'À' => 'A', 'Â' => 'A', 'Á' => 'A', 'Ã' => 'A', 'Ê' => 'E', 'Ë' => 'E', 'É' => 'E', 'Ô' => 'O', 'Ó' => 'O', 'Õ' => 'O', 'Ö' => 'O', 'Ú' => 'U', 'Ü' => 'U', 'Í' => 'I', 'Ç' => 'C', 'Ñ' => 'N', 'ª' => 'a', 'º' => 'o'); ?>

I enable the variable report and see this result:

[character_conversion] => Array
	 (
			 [�] => a
			 [�] => a
			 [�] => a
			 [�] => a
			 [�] => e
			 [�] => e
			 [�] => o
			 [�] => o
			 [�] => o
			 [�] => u
			 [�] => i
			 [�] => c
			 [�] => A
			 [�] => A
			 [�] => A
			 [�] => A
			 [�] => E
			 [�] => E
			 [�] => O
			 [�] => O
			 [�] => O
			 [�] => U
			 [�] => I
			 [�] => C
			 [�] => a
			 [�] => o

Remove the character file from folder and and adding manual on admin it works ok.

[character_conversion] => Array
	 (
			 [à] => a
			 [â] => a
			 [á] => a
			 [ã] => a
			 [ê] => e
			 [é] => e
			 [ô] => o
			 [ó] => o
			 [õ] => o
			 [ú] => u
			 [í] => i
			 [ç] => c
			 [À] => A
			 [Â] => A
			 [Á] => A
			 [Ã] => A
			 [Ê] => E
			 [É] => E
			 [Ô] => O
			 [Ó] => O
			 [Õ] => O
			 [Ú] => U
			 [Í] => I
			 [Ç] => C
			 [ª] => a
			 [º] => o

Theres something that don't read well my convert file variables.

In meantime I have another problem.

My site look like www.mysite.com/index.php/hardware-c-1 and I want to look lik look like www.mysite.com/hardware-c-1.

I read the documentation and and the .htaccess to my root folder with the follow code:

# If you are getting errors you may need to comment this out like ..
# Options +FollowSymLinks
Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
# RewriteBase instructions
# Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.
# http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /
# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/
# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/
# Change RewriteBase using the instructions above
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php [NC,L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php [NC,L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
# Articles contribution
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php [NC,L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-au-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php [NC,L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
# Information pages
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php [NC,L,QSA]
# Links contribution
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php [NC,L,QSA]
# Newsdesk contribution
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php [NC,L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php [NC,L,QSA]
</IfModule>

I already change in Admin the force option to true, but it stays the same. Don't see where I made a wrong turn.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a problem

I have a difference between the url and the test. Have you an answer concerning that ?

My url : http://www.clicshopping.com/test-p-51.html?OSCsid=64r7usmtkv202ckqdpo1tl3qe7

the canonical url is good :http://www.clicshopping.com/test-p-51.html

Thanks

the test

[initiated] => 1

[request_compare_in] => /test-p-51.html

[page_not_found] =>

[request_compare_new] => /test-p-51.html

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

ok found, just an actualisation on memcache to filesand files to memcache !! Not more ! Oups !

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

I started at "Start Here" on the start_here.html page in the documentation folder in the download.

I did a "3 minute install to fresh osCommerce files" installation and it partly works.

The URL looks like this: http://www.mysite.com/index.php/weight-management-c-31

When I click on one of the product && Category links it says "No input file specified" on the page. for admin setting Choose the uri format == standard

When I click on one of the product && Category links it says "404 error page" on the page. for admin setting Choose the uri format == rewrite

I uploaded the files in the uploads directory: 1) Uploads Directory

I installed the files in the drop on top step: 2) Drop on Top Directory

Now, I am stuck on the next page where it says "Install Complete." I am not sure what to put in the catalog/.htaccess file.

I have a GoDaddy hosting. On the page where I am stuck it says that GoDaddy won't allow path based querystrings. That could be part of the problem.

Will Seo Urls 5 work with a GoDaddy hosting?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Hi

I have just upgraded to 2.3.3.4 and am getting the following listing in my error log.

It doesn't occur all the time, but there must be some pages which are producing this error.

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /pathtoroot/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/product_info.php on line 102

and

PHP Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to aPage_Modules::linkText() must be an array, null given, called in /pathtoroot/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/product_info.php on line 170 and defined in /pathtoroot/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/abstracts/page_modules.php on line 338

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice to offer? Please, any help will be gratefully received.

Debbie Harrison

• 2 weeks later...

Redirect child path to full path

--

Combined with KISS meta tags I've been receiving duplicate meta tags when the child path is accessed without the parent id. I'm not sure how this happens but I can re-create it manually and Google seems to take notice as well.

Example: parent id = 21, child category = 23

-c-21_23.html

-c-23.html

The above links both go to active pages with the same meta title, desc, and keywords. Instead, it should always be -c-21_23. How can this be done?

Redirect child path to full path

--

Combined with KISS meta tags I've been receiving duplicate meta tags when the child path is accessed without the parent id. I'm not sure how this happens but I can re-create it manually and Google seems to take notice as well.

Example: parent id = 21, child category = 23

-c-21_23.html

-c-23.html

The above links both go to active pages with the same meta title, desc, and keywords. Instead, it should always be -c-21_23. How can this be done?

Why it's occurring I don't know.

See this post by Gergely, it fixed the same situation I had.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Why it's occurring I don't know.

See this post by Gergely, it fixed the same situation I had.

Altoid,

Thanks for the help! I'll install it tomorrow and let everyone know the result.

I posted it under this topic because I noticed Chemo's SEO modification handled this problem. I thought it would be of interest to FWR to take a look at.

Altoid,

Thanks for the help! I'll install it tomorrow and let everyone know the result.

I posted it under this topic because I noticed Chemo's SEO modification handled this problem. I thought it would be of interest to FWR to take a look at.

You're welcome. Took 6-8 weeks for google to work its way back around and finally remove the dupes. Since then I've removed seo urls 5 and gone with the version Jack maintains.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Gergely

Due to a conflict with another add on I had to switch from FWR medias USU over to the Chemo based USU maintained by Jack_MCS.

is the code you provided over in the SEO forum to deal with duplicate content compatible with the Chemo seo urls add on?

Since changing from FWR media to Chemo's version I am back to getting a lot of duplicate content in google webmaster tools, most coming from categories that have been deleted are now being 302 redirected to the index which give the duplicate content.

I'm looking for a place to start looking to try to fix this. Thanks

@Gergely

example for the above:

/product-category-c-133_90_266_273.html

/product-category-c-90_266_273.html

both redirect to index with the 302 status code.

In this case neither file path exists.

Steve - When you say duplicate content, do you mean duplicate titles or descriptions? They are not the same. I'm not aware of anywhere in webmaster tools where they list duplicate content pages but I suppose there could be. But if you have items that no longer exist, I suggest you install the Header Status Handler. It will return the correct status for those missing pages.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Steve - When you say duplicate content, do you mean duplicate titles or descriptions? They are not the same. I'm not aware of anywhere in webmaster tools where they list duplicate content pages but I suppose there could be. But if you have items that no longer exist, I suggest you install the Header Status Handler. It will return the correct status for those missing pages.

@@Jack_mcs

Hi Jack, what I've observed is I am getting duplicate title and description for certain type categories that not longer exist. (this is for a shop I've been doing a major overhaul on).

The duplicates (title and description) are arising because in my reorganizing site categories and products some of these were apparently indexed along the way so now even though they no longer exist, google thinks that the redirects for example

/product-category-c-133_90_266_273.html (original category tree)

/product-category-c-90_266_273.html (subsequent category tree but then altogether removed a bit later)

is temporary but in fact they are completely gone.

This 302 code redirect seems to be only occurring where a category has been completely removed from the shop. If the category is still valid but been moved elsewhere, the previous category is correctly being redirected to where it should be with a 301.

From what I understand the 302 tells Google this is just a temporary change and google will keep the deleted category as valid. So unless I manually do a 301 redirect in htaccess that deleted category will remain incorrectly in the google system.

I do have header status handler installed and that is working for missing products but does not seem to be working for a completely missing category.

I hope that all makes sense.

Edited by altoid

This really shouldn't be discussed in this thread since it isn't about this addon. But I will say that the Header Status Handler should handle missing categories. Although if they are gone and there are not too many of them, it might be just as easy to add a 301 redirect in the .htaccess file. This won't help with future deletions though so if that is a possibility, fixing HSH is the better solution. I should add that there may be code in SEO 5 that is overriding HSH's ability to catch the missing category. I don't use SEO 5 and didn't test my addon with it enabled. It might be worth the time to turn SEO 5 off and then see if the missing category is caught by HSH.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack, I posted here pure on a hunch that if USU5 was somehow tied into my situation with the duplicate content as USU5 has been related to other issues as noted in the previous pages. These matters only showed up in this one shop I had USU5 installed on. Maybe be coincidence though..I just am not sure.

USU5 has been removed and the SEO urls that you maintain replaced this.

I'll carry this on over in HTH for the category issues as noted keeping an eye on the categories issue. Thanks

@@altoid and @@Jack_mcs

The categorie's link technic not so good but we have a fix point the latest category id in the link (end point). the end point never change we can find the real product. If the category moved somewhere the endpoint (categorie_id) bring to the new place. Very hard to validate all categories at all page so I worked out a cPath cache solution. See on github. did Steve uninstall this? I think 302 is not SEO addon problem. Most of the oscommerce sites have the same behaviour.

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@Gergely @Jack_mcs

Because it seems that what I am reporting is not related to USU5 I will move over to Jack's HSH support area for starters. Here

I use ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 PRO as well as Custom HTTP Error Page

I like the http error page as it logs the http errors so I can correct/manage them, but SEO Urls has it own 404 page so I made a simple change in includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/notfound_404.php

If you use the same set up, just copy the code below and paste over your existing file.

<?php
/**
* ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 PRO ( version 1.1 )
* @package USU5_PRO
* @[member='licensed2kill'] http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.php GNU Public License
* @[member='Link'] http://www.fwrmedia.co.uk
* @[member='copyright'] Copyright 2008-2009 FWR Media
* @[member='copyright'] Portions Copyright 2005 ( rewrite uri concept ) Bobby Easland
* @[member='author'] Robert Fisher, FWR Media, http://www.fwrmedia.co.uk
* @lastdev $Author:: Rob											 $: Author of last commit
* @lastmod $Date:: 2010-12-21 22:45:02 +0000 (Tue, 21 Dec 2010)	 $: Date of last commit
* @version $Rev:: 196												 $: Revision of last commit
* @Id $Id:: notfound_404.php 196 2010-12-21 22:45:02Z Rob			 $: Full Details
*/

/**
* Page not found html with 404 header
* @package USU5_PRO
* @var array $text - array of text strings to be used in the html
*/	
header( "HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found" );
header('Location: http_error.php?error_id=404&FWR-URL='. $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']); ?>

It will still log the proper 404 header as well as inform you the requested url in your log/txt file.

Also, I found a hidden gem, though I have not tried it yet:

includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/uri_redirects_array.php

Yes this work!

Example:

$usu5_uri_redirects = array(
						   'dvd-movies/science-fiction-c-3_113.html' => array('index.php', 'cPath=1'));

Just you have to set ".html" in the end of target links.

The example is bad in the file

Use rather this:

* @@Example Member 'hardware-c-99.html' => array( 'index.php', 'cPath=1' ) redirects the specific uri hardware-c-99.html to the current uri for cPath=1

Hello.

I have a small/big problem.

When I turn the add-on "on", left column and footer disappears. It looks like they can't be loaded on the start page.

On other pages (categories, product info) I can see everything fine just not on the main page.

Thanks for any help I can get

Edited by BadLuck