• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

I have updated php on my sever and now I am seeing some errors. I think I have fixed them all but I cant seem to figure this one out.

error:

PHP Notice:  Undefined property: SEO_URL::$keep_in_memory in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1957

Line 1957 has this:

if ( $this->keep_in_memory || $local_memory ) {

Any help would be appreciated (sorry if its already been addressed and I missed it)

I have updated php on my sever and now I am seeing some errors. I think I have fixed them all but I cant seem to figure this one out.

error:

PHP Notice:  Undefined property: SEO_URL::$keep_in_memory in /home/xxx/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1957

Line 1957 has this:

if ( $this->keep_in_memory || $local_memory ) {

Any help would be appreciated (sorry if its already been addressed and I missed it)

That is Chemos old 2002 code not USU5.

well i upgraded and now I get this error and the site wont load:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SQLiteException' with message 'SQLiteDatabase::__construct() [<a href='sqlitedatabase.--construct'>sqlitedatabase.--construct</a>]: unable to open database: /home/track/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite/usu_cache.db' in /home/track/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php:99 Stack trace: #0 /home/track/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php(99): SQLiteDatabase->__construct('/home/track/pub...', 438, 'unable to open ...') #1 /home/track/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php(66): Sqlite_Cache_Module::createDatabase() #2 [internal function]: Sqlite_Cache_Module::i() #3 /home/track/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php(515): call_user_func(Array) #4 /home/track/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php(86): Usu5_Bootstrap->cacheSystem() #5 /home/track/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/usu5.ph in /home/track/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache_system/sqlite.php on line 99

ok, my program wasnt allowing me to copy an empty folder. I created the folders and changed them to 777.

Also, where is the manufacturer files? I have 4 manufacturer places and need to duplicate the code so that I will have urls for all 4 of them.

Edited by theantiquestore

Also, where is the manufacturer files? I have 4 manufacturer places and need to duplicate the code so that I will have urls for all 4 of them.

extras/module_template.php/Usu_Template.php

Is a blank template for devs, look for xxx XXX

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/index.php has code to produce manufacturers name although it differs from the template as it has more than one dependency.

extras/module_template.php/Usu_Template.php

Is a blank template for devs, look for xxx XXX

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/page_modules/index.php has code to produce manufacturers name although it differs from the template as it has more than one dependency.

got the manufacturers to work, now to figure out how to get the htaccess to work with the old urls (from chemos USEO contrib).

I am also getting the redirect loop when trying to set it to rewrite. (although it looks like the url would be correct). I have the force www to false.

Here is what I have in my .htaccess:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mysite.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.mysite.com/$1 [R=301,L]
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m2-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers2_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m3-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers3_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m4-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers4_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Did I do something wrong?

@

Got a link? PM me if you want kept secret.

Is it all looping or just the ones you created?

Edited by FWR Media

PHP 5.4.5 compatible

Just to confirm that I have just tested USU5 PRO on osCommerce 2.3.2 with the server running PHP 5.4.5 and all works as intended.

ok, have it resolved, my htaccess was incorrect. It now looks like this:

Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Articles contribution
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-au-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Information pages
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Links contribution
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Newsdesk contribution
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php [NC,L,QSA]
 # Manufacturers
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-m2-([0-9]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-m3-([0-9]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]
 RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9/-]+)-m4-([0-9]+).html$ index.php [NC,L,QSA]

ETA: I have the rewrite set in the URI format in the admin.

Hello FWR,

It seems that the url validation isn't working for categories in categories.

first we have this breadcrumb

categorie1 (21) >> product listing (71)> product info

lets say with url: productname-c-21_71.html

we have moved categorie1 into a new categorie because of the many products (more sorted out)

so now we have this breadcrumb

categorie1 (86) >> categorie2 (21) >> product listing (71) > product info

with url: productname-c-86_21_71.html

same as:

categorie-c-70.html

categorie-c-86_70.html

but now both urls are available (this gives duplicate content in google)

any solution would be nice..

regards Marco

Hello FWR,

It seems that the url validation isn't working for categories in categories.

That doesn't make sense Marco you mention productname-c- which never happens it can only be categoryname-c-

If you have categories in two locations there is nothing USU5 can do except create the URLs you have asked it to produce, you HAVE created pure duplicate content, 2 pages the same with two different links, there's nothing USU5 can do about it.

If you really must have categories in two locations then you need the same canonical element for both pages which links to one of the URLs which thereby notifies the search engines that the two pages should be taken as a single page.

I dont understand it exactly,

but why is google complaining about duplicated content? double title's and descriptions..?

live preview: http://www.mangelot.nl/budget-webhosting-1-core-c-86_21_71.html

goes to the same page as http://www.mangelot.nl/budget-webhosting-1-core-c-21_71.html

so generates duplicate content both url have a own canonical link etc..

notice also the breadcrumb (categorie 86 "shared hosting" is missing in breadcrumb)

is there an simple solution that if page -c-21_71.html is called this redirects to -c-86_21_71.html?

regards Marco

I dont understand it exactly,

but why is google complaining about duplicated content? double title's and descriptions..?

Firstly this is not a subject for this support thread as it supports issues with USU5. you should ask this in the general forums.

Having said that I'll answer the question.

Google is complaining quite correctly as it IS duplicate content.

live preview: http://www.mangelot.nl/budget-webhosting-1-core-c-86_21_71.html

goes to the same page as http://www.mangelot.nl/budget-webhosting-1-core-c-21_71.html

so generates duplicate content both url have a own canonical link etc..

notice also the breadcrumb (categorie 86 "shared hosting" is missing in breadcrumb)

is there an simple solution that if page -c-21_71.html is called this redirects to -c-86_21_71.html?

regards Marco

If these seperate pages have canonical links that point to themselves then the canonical link is simply compounding the fact that you have duplicate content.

No you can't have a permanent 301 redirect from one to the other, your site is stating to the search engines that these pages exist ( they exist on your website ) so to permanently redirect them simply doesn't make sense ( and would be hurtful ).

As I said before, if you are going to create duplicate content like this then both pages need to have a canonical element that is THE SAME URI for both pages ( e.g. both -c-86_21_71.html ).

I also need to have the number 8 show up for 8 track tape, is there a way to turn off the filtering of 1 letter words?

I still havent found the page that controls this....anybody know?

ETA: I just changed the value in the database from 1 to 0 and it worked.

@ Isn't that the standard "number of characters" function in admin? has been there way back since Chemos original.

Usually it set to crop anything less than 3 as they tend to be of at or a etc.

Careful changing things now as many of your URIs will change.

Edited by FWR Media

I still havent found the page that controls this....anybody know?

ETA: I just changed the value in the database from 1 to 0 and it worked.

record: configuration >> USU5_FILTER_SHORT_WORDS

update column configuration_value to be 0

and change configuration_description to

<b>This setting will filter words.</b><br>0 = disabled <br><br>1 = Remove words of 1 letter<br>2 = Remove words of 2 letters or less<br>3 = Remove words of 3 letters or less<br>

also change "set_function" to be this " tep_cfg_select_option(array('0','1','2','3',), " (without the quotes) and you can change it in admin!

@@marcot I see that you are in at the code level Marco :)

record: configuration >> USU5_FILTER_SHORT_WORDS

update column configuration_value to be 0

and change configuration_description to

<b>This setting will filter words.</b><br>0 = disabled <br><br>1 = Remove words of 1 letter<br>2 = Remove words of 2 letters or less<br>3 = Remove words of 3 letters or less<br>

also change "set_function" to be this " tep_cfg_select_option(array('0','1','2','3',), " (without the quotes) and you can change it in admin!

Thanks Marco!

For some reason I was able to set it to zero or disable it in chemo's contrib. I did have Bobby do a lot of work for me on that site so maybe he had it set to 0, I dunno. But now its working and the urls are the same as they were before....its tough when you have such a heavily modified shop! Thanks for making it easy with great support for your products Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at a loss here. I installed this contribution and everything installed without a hitch. When I went to my shop to check it everything was fine until I clicked on one of my products, I then got a completely blank page with "No input file specified' in the top left corner. I went through your file changes at the top of this forum page but with no luck. I know it has to be something simple I'm overlooking and I'm going to slap myself when I realize what an idiot I am for overlooking it but since I've been staring at code for going on 12 hours now, it all kind of runs together. I would greatly appreciate an suggestions you might have to unstick my stupid!!!!

I don't know what this means if anything at all but per the installation instructions I typed the address www.mysite.com/index,php/test. The page that came up was the same page I get when using the contribution. A completely blank page with "no input file specified". I have been through this thread up, down, forwards and backwards. There are a couple of instances where someone is having the same problem I am but I can't find the solution anywhere in their conversations. Again, maybe I'm just stuck on stupid but I am unable to determine what is causing my problem. Since I can't figure out what's causing it, I can't figure out how to fix it. ANYBODY's help will be greatly appreciated. THANKS.