• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

It is possible?

Ahh now I see.

You want conditions.php to be conditions.html

This is possible but not something I will add as I don't see the point, there is certainly no SEO benefit .. just the hiding of the script being parsed by PHP.

Edited by FWR Media

Hello,

I've just installed Ultimate SEO Urls 5 to a slightly modified 2.3.1 store, it seems it's not quite running properly.

Whenever the mod is turned on it changes the URLs correctly and the correst pages load, but it looks like they've ignored the Stylesheet. No images just the text all out of line on white space.

If I turn off the mod everything works as it did, turn it back on and I get this problem.

I've searched both topics on this mod and can't find a solution, if anyone knows what's causing this it would be a huge help for me :)

I'm going to go back through the instalation tutorial again and check I havn't missed a step, here's hoping it will be that simple to fix...

Hello,

I've just installed Ultimate SEO Urls 5 to a slightly modified 2.3.1 store, it seems it's not quite running properly.

Whenever the mod is turned on it changes the URLs correctly and the correst pages load, but it looks like they've ignored the Stylesheet. No images just the text all out of line on white space.

If I turn off the mod everything works as it did, turn it back on and I get this problem.

I've searched both topics on this mod and can't find a solution, if anyone knows what's causing this it would be a huge help for me :)

I'm going to go back through the instalation tutorial again and check I havn't missed a step, here's hoping it will be that simple to fix...

This is the correct support thread ( the other was the original dev thread ).

Please don't double post ( although in this case I can understand it as the two topics are combined by name ).

Please post a site link or if this is not something you want public then PM me a link.

Edited by FWR Media

Hello,

Sorry my mistake, I'll delete the other post now.

Also I'd much rather the site link stayed private if possible, I'll PM you now.

Thanks for the fast response too!

*edit*

Also I just went through the instalation again, nothing's been missed :(

Edited by LewisM

Also I'd much rather the site link stayed private if possible, I'll PM you now.

Also I just went through the instalation again, nothing's been missed :(

Your stylesheets are trying to load as e.g.

[some-site]/product_info.php/ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.6.css

Where this should be: -

[some-site]ext/jquery/ui/redmond/jquery-ui-1.8.6.css

This is because in your files you have deleted/commented out the standard osCommerce base href which should look like: -

<base href="http://www.some-site.com/">

This sets the base path for relative paths.

Hmm OK, do you know which file it might be commented out on?

Is it even anything do do with this mod? I was only presuming so as the issue only shows up when it's turned on, but maybe a mistake made by the guy who designed the site?

Oh and once again thanks for the super-fast response! :D

Edited by LewisM

Hmm OK, do you know which file it might be commented out on?

Is it even anything do do with this mod? I was only presuming so as the issue only shows up when it's turned on, but maybe a mistake made by the guy who designed the site?

Oh and once again thanks for the super-fast response! :D

Make the relevant .htaccess changes as in the instructions then change the URI type to rewrite from standard in admin then this issue will disappear. ( assuming you are not on a WinDoze server and that mod_rewrite is compiled as it should be ).

BUT base href should still be there, there is no reason to remove it.

Edited by FWR Media

I have an addon to generate feeds for google products, bing, nextag, etc (feedmachine addon). This addon basically products a tab delimited text file feed of your products, and while doing that creates the links for your products as well... It has a web interface to create the feeds manually but you can also set a cron job to do it periodically. The manual creation of feeds work fine with USU5 Pro but when the thing is run as a cron job it gives the following error:

Fatal error</b>:  Call to a member function retrieveDependencies() on a non-object in <b>/home/..../includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php

I am guessing this is because it is not run in a browser. Is this the reason behind it or what can be the problem? Is there a work-around?

Doing a search for "cron" helped of course... and the answer is to use wget.

Robert, thank you for this and your other solid contributions. Love KissER! Planning on installing USU5pro, KissMT, and SecurityPro. Just now looking at your profile, FileSafe looks cool too.

1) Is there a define somewhere in the code to move the cache directory? I am a bit security paranoid and like to keep my includes dir 0750 and I like to keep things coded so that they can be easily ported to other hosts (where apache runs in my user's group or higher).

As far as changes to the Dec release, I've seen post_2483/pg_125 and post 2507/pg_126. (I've read from page 124 forward.) 2) Any other updates to be aware of, or should I wait for your next update?

Again, many thanks,

G.

Is there a define somewhere in the code to move the cache directory? I am a bit security paranoid

I don't use defines but the cache paths are set in the bootstrap.

Open includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php

Line 170

->setVar( 'cache_path', $usu_path . 'cache/' )

Just change the path to what you prefer.

Re: changes .. I'm not going to look back through the thread at this stage, assuming you have .. just make the current changes and await a revised package.

Edited by FWR Media

Hello fw,

is it possible to have a summary on the different modification on the latest code ?

i see in this post differents little bug discover and you have include solutions.

A little summary will be intereting occasionnaly. that's a suggestion.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

Hello fw,

is it possible to have a summary on the different modification on the latest code ?

i see in this post differents little bug discover and you have include solutions.

A little summary will be intereting occasionnaly. that's a suggestion.

I appreciate that it's a suggestion but the answer has to be no.

The bugs/necessary changes have been logged in this thread and the changes made in my repository, I will however update the package in osCommerce downloads as soon as I have the time available.

Open includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/main/bootstrap.php

Line 170

->setVar( 'cache_path', $usu_path . 'cache/' )

Thanks very much Robert, that worked great and I've now got it installed and working (using rewrite if you're interested).

Could you point me to where in the code you build the product name that goes into the url?

The reason for me needing this is as follows: I'd like to make a small hack so that I can shrink my very long descriptive product names to something shorter for the url by grabbing from the beginning of the product name string up until the separator (likely a ':') character. So for example if I had a product name like:

ShortVersion ProductName: Extra long description of the product giving more detail for the category view

then the url would become

mysite.com/ShortVersion-ProductName-p-18.html

instead of

mysite.com/ShortVersion-ProductName-Extra-long-description-product-giving-more-detail-category-view-p-18.html

If you can point me towards the file to start my search it would be very helpful. I'll post what I come up with if you think others would be interested.

Thanks,

G.

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO ( r205 )

Please visit osCommerce addons to upgrade to this latest revision.

Compatibility:

PHP 5.2/5.3 ( PHP 4 will NOT work )

osCommerce 2.2

osCommerce 2.3.X

*nix and IIS servers

Old seo urls can be replicated ( USU5 or Chemos series 2 ) so you do not lose current indexing.

This revision involved 37 updated files and numerous updates/changes.

The initial release of USU5 PRO has suffered only a few issues since released on 22nd December 2010 which proves it is very solid, this revision includes all fixes and updates since that date. ( to 21st March 2011 ).

Main changes ( this list is not inclusive )

• Fixed SSL bug and corrected .htaccess.
  • Bug fixes and changes to 26th January 2011.
  • Improved the installer functionality.
  • Modified the sitemap to produce corrected indexes.
  • Added multi language functionality to the sitemaps
  • Modified SQLite to better truncate the database.
  • Improved and fixed the SQLite truncate functionality, SQLite is once again the recommended cache strategy.
  • Fixed a bug where a non numeric _GET value was allowed to create an error.
  • Added upgrade instructions, updated the install instructions and drop on top files.

Upgrading however from r197 involves modifying only two files so should only take two minutes.

in version r197 there was cache_system>sqlite>usu_cache.db

File usu_cache.db is not present in version r205....is that normal?

Edited by Biancoblu

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

in version r197 there was cache_system>sqlite>usu_cache.db

File usu_cache.db is not present in version r205....is that normal?

Yes it's normal.

so should I delete it?

Just update as per the instructions.

I have updated as per instructions, filezilla wouldn't overwrite the cache and sqlite directories.....so I deleted my whole ultimate_seo_urls5 folder and uploaded the new one. I added my character conv. files and htaccess in cache directory, and didn't know what to do about usu_cache.db?

I have updated as per instructions, filezilla wouldn't overwrite the cache and sqlite directories.....so I deleted my whole ultimate_seo_urls5 folder and uploaded the new one. I added my character conv. files and htaccess in cache directory, and didn't know what to do about usu_cache.db?

You didn't have to do anything, just follow the instructions .. it doesn't matter if the cache/ or sqlite/ directories were or were not overwritten so long as they remain writeable.

Edited by FWR Media

it doesn't matter if the cache/ or sqlite/ directories were or were not overwritten so long as they remain writeable.

I didn't know that, I thought it did matter. I assume what I did is ok though.

Please help, This is what i get if a category or products has greek characters

seo_wrong.jpg

if i copy the link and paste it somewhere get something like this /product_info.php/%C3%8E%C2%92%C3%8E%C2%95%C3%8E%C2%A1%C3%8E%C2%95%C3%8E%C2%A3/braxioli1/sadadsad-p-29

and general i get this error message from browser

net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

if not greek characters-words works fine...

Please help if you can....

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

Please help, This is what i get if a category or products has greek characters

seo_wrong.jpg

if i copy the link and paste it somewhere get something like this /product_info.php/%C3%8E%C2%92%C3%8E%C2%95%C3%8E%C2%A1%C3%8E%C2%95%C3%8E%C2%A3/braxioli1/sadadsad-p-29

and general i get this error message from browser

net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

if not greek characters-words works fine...

Please help if you can....

Have you created a greek character_conversion file and saved it as the correct charset?

And which version of USU5 are you using?

Edited by FWR Media