• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Not sure I understand where you see a problem.

The contribution is not attempting to hide PHP it provides a better uri than ?cPath=47 for human users and for bots.

There is absolutely no reason to change privacy.php to privacy.html and therefore USU5 doesn't change it.

Didn't understand the comment about duplicate content as there is none.

Ahh ok, no problem, I just wasnt sure if it was meant to also change anything using the tep_href_function to auto convert .php to .html and I was seeing a problem my end, but obviously its OK then.

How could I achieve that though like seo-g does?

Also what I meant about duplicate content was if you could access both privacy.html and privacy.php.

Thanks for your quick response, excellent work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Robert,

I came up with a fix (hack) for shopping_cart.php

Basically my issue was that I did not like the attributes tags attached to the links in shopping cart and seo url would not kick in if there were attributes.

So in shopping_cart.php

Around line 72:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
     echo '          <tr>';

After that I added this:

//BOF: Attribute Fix
                   if (urldecode($products[$i]['id'])){
                       $prodID = urldecode($products[$i]['id']);
                       //Split the attributes from the product ID:
                       $prodAttr = substr( $prodID, strpos($prodID, "{"));
                       $prodID = substr( $prodID, 0, strpos($prodID, "{"));
                       $products[$i]['id'] = $prodID;
                   }
                   //EOF: Attribute Fix

This has fixed my problem. Please note that I took part of the code from original Chemo's seo url fix for attributes and just made it to work here.

I just wanted to confirm if by using this fix there would be any issues?

Thanks

We go buy our self a template monster template and it sure is nice looking. Then we decide to add some seo like Seo Urls5 by Robert and it is a super one. We make the modifications to the files and upload the new files. The install went great because of the easy to install instruction. Then you hit a category link and it just redirects back to the index.php.

Find this in /includes/header.php

print("<script type='text/javascript'>window.location='index.php';</script>");

Replace with

//print("<script type='text/javascript'>window.location='index.php';</script>");

Everything looks great then you hit the details button and all you see is product not found.

By this time your brain is dead.

Find in products_new.php,new_products.php and products_listing.php,specials.php and maybe a few others.

tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id='.$p_id)

Replace with

tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $p_id )

Find

tep_href_link("products_new.php","action=buy_now&products_id=".$p_id)

Replace with

tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW, 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $p_id )

I just though I would put this all in the same place so others will not have to look for it.

I still haven't sorted out why the specials.php still shows product not found, but I am working on it. I will post when I find the solution.

Just a little update for the newer template monster Templates. You hit a product or category link and wow back to the index.php it went. Well you find this buggy javascript in the includes/header.php ---print("<script type='text/javascript'>window.location='index.php';</script>"); and change it to //print("<script type='text/javascript'>window.location='index.php';</script>"); and you see the product when you hit a link and now you don't. That went away fast. Well seems they are getting creative over there and stick some of that junk in the includes/footer.php too. So do the same for the footer and comment it out. Well hope this helps someone.

Badbo

Just a little update for the newer template monster Templates. You hit a product or category link and wow back to the index.php it went. Well you find this buggy javascript in the includes/header.php ---print("<script type='text/javascript'>window.location='index.php';</script>"); and change it to //print("<script type='text/javascript'>window.location='index.php';</script>"); and you see the product when you hit a link and now you don't. That went away fast. Well seems they are getting creative over there and stick some of that junk in the includes/footer.php too. So do the same for the footer and comment it out. Well hope this helps someone.

Badbo

Robert this may be beyond the scope for your help, but when I kill the sloppy javascript so the pages are not looping back to the index all is well, but when http://mysite.com is typed in browser header image will not show, if I type in http://mysite.com/index.php header images do show. Seemes like I changed the breadcrumbs list time to cure the problem,but I guess I am getting to old to think. At 61 I probably should give this stuff up. LOL!!! Also working on some rewrites for your fine work for windows platform using reverse proxy. I will post them when I am done.

Thanks Bo

Hi folks, I have a strange and puzzling quirk

I have 4 databases on my hosting package, OSC, a Recipe database, a CMS database and a spare one

The CMS and recipe database are currently in development, when anyone runs SQL on the databases, my SEO URLs 5 disappeared from the configuration menu in OSC Admin.

I have to go into the OSC database, run the SQL then go back into admin/configuration to reconfigure my special characters (my site is in Spanish) then turn on rewrite again

Is there any explanation for this?

Thanks

Johnny

Hi folks, I have a strange and puzzling quirk

I have 4 databases on my hosting package, OSC, a Recipe database, a CMS database and a spare one

The CMS and recipe database are currently in development, when anyone runs SQL on the databases, my SEO URLs 5 disappeared from the configuration menu in OSC Admin.

I have to go into the OSC database, run the SQL then go back into admin/configuration to reconfigure my special characters (my site is in Spanish) then turn on rewrite again

Is there any explanation for this?

Thanks

Johnny

It has nothing to do with USU5 and therefore support here.

What must be happening is that you are somehow deleting the configuration_group.

Hey Robert. Thanks for your reply.

But I don't understand what you mean when you say "It has nothing to do with USU5 and therefore support here."

Had I said "My hifi makes a humming noise when my fridge's condenser cuts in" then yes I'd agree, that would have nothing to do with USU5, but as it stands, I have a configuration problem with USU5, this is the OSC forum and unless I am mistaken, this is the support thread for USU5.

I think it is perfectly reasonable on that basis to ask if other users have experienced similar problems and how they resolved it.

It is by no means a criticism of your mod, I love it, it works a treat when it works, but as I said above, I have a problem with it disappearing when someone configures another of the databases. it leaves me completely puzzled how activity on a completely separate database (on the same server) can affect the function of Ultimate SEO URLs 5 on my OSC site.

Thanks and greetings from Colombia

Johnny

Hey Robert. Thanks for your reply.

But I don't understand what you mean when you say "It has nothing to do with USU5 and therefore support here."

Had I said "My hifi makes a humming noise when my fridge's condenser cuts in" then yes I'd agree, that would have nothing to do with USU5, but as it stands, I have a configuration problem with USU5, this is the OSC forum and unless I am mistaken, this is the support thread for USU5.

I think it is perfectly reasonable on that basis to ask if other users have experienced similar problems and how they resolved it.

It is by no means a criticism of your mod, I love it, it works a treat when it works, but as I said above, I have a problem with it disappearing when someone configures another of the databases. it leaves me completely puzzled how activity on a completely separate database (on the same server) can affect the function of Ultimate SEO URLs 5 on my OSC site.

Thanks and greetings from Colombia

Johnny

Robert is correct it has nothing to do with this mod. I don't know where you host are what type of database you are using but this mod will not change the database unless you do it by hand. Maybe you should ask the people that are

making changes to the databases what they are doing or ask your hosting company to fix it because this mod is not at fault. I have installed this mod a hundred times for free all over the world and have never seen such. It sounds like cross scripting but who knows.

Badbo

Edited by badbo

Robert is correct it has nothing to do with this mod. I don't know where you host are what type of database you are using but this mod will not change the database unless you do it by hand. Maybe you should ask the people that are

making changes to the databases what they are doing or ask your hosting company to fix it because this mod is not at fault. I have installed this mod a hundred times for free all over the world and have never seen such. It sounds like cross scripting but who knows.

Badbo

Thanks Badbo, like I said, I was in no way criticising the mod, just looking for guidance on what might cause such a problem and this thread seemed like the logical place to ask such a question. I searched the thread beforehand and no such quirk exists in 120 pages of delighted users.

I didn't install the Mod myself, I had someone put it in there during some custom development. I have to run the following SQL each time. Have I at least got the right SQL? Thanks

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES
(277, 'Enable SEO URLs 5?', 'SEO_URLS_ENABLED', 'true', 'Turn Seo Urls 5 on', 17, 1, '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''), '),
(278, 'Add cPath to product URLs?', 'SEO_URLS_ADD_CPATH_TO_PRODUCT_URLS', 'false', 'This setting will append the cPath to the end of product URLs (i.e. - some-product-p-1.html?cPath=xx).', 17, 3, '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''), '),
(279, 'Add category parent to beginning of URLs?', 'SEO_URLS_ADD_CAT_PARENT', 'true', 'This setting will add the category parent name to the beginning of the category URLs (i.e. - parent-category-c-1.html).', 17, 2, '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''), '),
(280, 'Filter Short Words', 'SEO_URLS_FILTER_SHORT_WORDS', '1', '<b>This setting will filter words.</b><br>1 = Remove words of 1 letter<br>2 = Remove words of 2 letters or less<br>3 = Remove words of 3 letters or less<br>', 17, 5, '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''1'', ''2'', ''3''), '),
(281, 'Output W3C valid URLs?', 'SEO_URLS_USE_W3C_VALID', 'true', 'This setting will output W3C valid URLs.', 17, 4, '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''), '),
(282, 'Choose URL Rewrite Type', 'SEO_URLS_TYPE', 'rewrite', 'Choose SEO URL format:<br><b>rewrite</b><br>mysite.com/great-product-p-3.html<br><b>standard</b><br>mysite.com/product_info.php/great-product-p-3<p><i>Note: mod_rewrite has to be enabled for the rewrite option and AllowOveride set to all.</i></p>', 17, 6, '2010-09-25 13:59:40', '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''rewrite'', ''standard''), '),
(283, 'Enter special character conversions. (Better to use the file based character conversions.See extras/character_conversion_pack/instructions.txt)', 'SEO_URLS_CHAR_CONVERT_SET', 'Á=>a,á=>a,é => e,ú=>u,í=>i,ó=>o,ñ=>n,ü=>u', 'This setting will convert characters.<br><br>The format <b>MUST</b> be in the form: <b>char=>conv,char2=>conv2</b>', 17, 7, '2010-09-25 14:34:52', '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '', ''),
(284, 'Remove all non-alphanumeric characters?', 'SEO_URLS_REMOVE_ALL_SPEC_CHARS', 'false', 'This will remove all non-letters and non-numbers. If your language has special characters then you will need to use the character conversion system.', 17, 8, '2010-09-25 13:57:40', '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''), '),
(285, 'Set the number of days to store the cache.', 'SEO_URLS_CACHE_DAYS', '7', 'Set the number of days you wish to retain cached data, after this the cache will auto reset.', 17, 11, '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '', ''),
(286, 'Reset SEO URLs Cache', 'SEO_URLS_CACHE_RESET', 'false', 'This will reset the cache data for SEO', 17, 12, '2010-09-25 14:33:43', '2010-09-25 18:56:04', 'tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''reset'', ''false''), '),
(287, 'Turn debug reporting on true/false.', 'SEO_URLS_OUPUT_PERFORMANCE', 'false', '<span style="color: red;">Debug reporting should <b>NOT</b> be set to ON on a live site</span><br>It is for dev reporting re: performance and queries.', 17, 14, '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''), '),
(288, 'Select caching system.', 'SEO_URLS_CACHE_SYSTEM', 'FileSystem', '<b>Filesystem:</b><br>Zero queries after cache load.<br><b>Database:</b><br>One query after cache load<br><b>Memcached:</b><br>Requires memcached in apache and php.ini.', 17, 10, '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '2010-09-25 18:56:04', '', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''FileSystem'', ''Database'', ''Memcached''), ');

--
-- Table structure for table `usu_cache`
--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `usu_cache`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `usu_cache` (
 `cache_name` varchar(32) collate utf8_spanish_ci NOT NULL,
 `cache_data` mediumtext collate utf8_spanish_ci NOT NULL,
 `cache_date` datetime NOT NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY  (`cache_name`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_spanish_ci;

--
-- Dumping data for table `usu_cache`
--

Thanks Badbo, like I said, I was in no way criticising the mod, just looking for guidance on what might cause such a problem and this thread seemed like the logical place to ask such a question. I searched the thread beforehand and no such quirk exists in 120 pages of delighted users.

I didn't install the Mod myself, I had someone put it in there during some custom development. I have to run the following SQL each time. Have I at least got the right SQL? Thanks

Just to clarify the reason I said what I said.

Users of this contribution use this support topic solve problems they are having that relate directly to this contribution and its functionality.

Although it is the USU5 database entries that are "disappearing" it is not a bug in the contribution that is causing them to disappear.

You stated ..

when anyone runs SQL on the databases, my SEO URLs 5 disappeared from the configuration menu in OSC Admin.

Which must be incorrect .. it suggests that ANY SQL run on the database at all deletes the USU5 data which can't be and isn't happening.

Somewhere in your website code something is being run that is overwriting USU5 .. it is not however USU5 that is doing it.

I don't want to sound like a complete lettuce but could it be that I am having a problem with Ultimate SEO URLs 5 because the guy that installed it also left the regular SEO URLs running in my OSC?

I have turned it off now, is it safe to remove it altogether? Sorry to be a novice, I am just looking for a bit of guidance

Thanks

Johnny

I don't want to sound like a complete lettuce but could it be that I am having a problem with Ultimate SEO URLs 5 because the guy that installed it also left the regular SEO URLs running in my OSC?

I have turned it off now, is it safe to remove it altogether? Sorry to be a novice, I am just looking for a bit of guidance

Thanks

Johnny

The old series 2 must be removed or it reinstalls itself. Whoever did the install didn't understand the fundamental basics.

Actually no I've identified no problem.

I thought I'd identified a problem because I saw cPaths like 0_1230_2370_2870_28703350

To summarise, at this stage I am seeing this as a localised issue as opposed to a problem/bug with USU5.

I have however sent you by email some code that may fix it locally for you.

Could you share this code I believe I've got the same problem.

TIA

Geoffrey

Edited by geoffreywalton

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Could you share this code I believe I've got the same problem.

TIA

Geoffrey

Hi Geoffrey

I never retained the code.

The issue was caused where cPath=0 is used to display the parent categories. cPath=0 was never designed to be used and when it is it creates a new layer to the category path.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi!

I need help... my site continuesly write out .../index.php. I installed twice the whole site. But even always get this error. The SEO links is ok but if I click one of them the start page comes out.

All install step was OK with manual editing.

This site: http://www.bukosisakwebaruhaz.hu

Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) PHP/5.2.13

MySQL: 5.0.45

.htaccess is from your htaccess.txt

Settings:

Enable SEO URLs 5? true

Turn debug reporting on true/false. true

Reset SEO URLs Cache Info

Set the number of days to store the cache. 1

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? true

Choose URL Rewrite Type rewrite

Output W3C valid URLs? true

Filter Short Words 1

Add category parent to beginning of URLs? false

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Select caching system. Database

Please help! Thank you Robert!

Edited by vapro

Hi!

I need help... my site continuesly write out .../index.php. I installed twice the whole site. But even always get this error. The SEO links is ok but if I click one of them the start page comes out.

All install step was OK with manual editing.

This site: http://www.bukosisakwebaruhaz.hu

Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) PHP/5.2.13

MySQL: 5.0.45

.htaccess is from your htaccess.txt

Settings:

Enable SEO URLs 5? true

Turn debug reporting on true/false. true

Reset SEO URLs Cache Info

Set the number of days to store the cache. 1

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? true

Choose URL Rewrite Type rewrite

Output W3C valid URLs? true

Filter Short Words 1

Add category parent to beginning of URLs? false

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Select caching system. Database

Please help! Thank you Robert!

My guess would be it is a Template Monster Template these often include some bad javascript that redirects to index.php.

There are posts covering it in this support thread.

Edited by FWR Media

There is no reason for an updated version for 2.3.1 since USU works flawlessly with 2.3 and 2.3.1

Hi spoofy,

While installing USU5 to my new 2.3.1 install I noticed that text in catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php below is not found?

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> '; 

To be replaced with

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> '; 

Everything else was found and replaced.

Please advice

Edited by pederb

The bug fix remains ..

Find ...

tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))

Replace with ...

tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id'))

The bug fix remains ..

Find ...

tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))

Replace with ...

tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id'))

Thank you, Sir

Cheers