• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Not sure what you mean tbh, the corrected file was for the contribution Google XML sitemap seo.

Yes that was the contribution I was referring to. When I replaced that file with yours the googlesitemap/index.php and sitemap.class the googlesitemap/index.php does not display properly.

If you would like I can post a screen shot.

Thanks

Eric

What I mean is, the SSL is a different web domain to mine, so is it possible to rewrite it as my domain name using USU5?

The ans to that is no. This only rewrites the extraordinarily long url for products and such. Once a user go to a ssl page they are not viewing any product page so no seo url will change that.

Further more there is no way to change the your url with a shared ssl cert. eg. https://yourhost.com/~myuser/ unless you do a <frame> page but here isn't the board to discuss that. Even if you did a frame page you still wouldn't get the result one typically would be looking for, and as a customer really wouldn't be looking for.

I hope that clears it up a little.

Eric

Edited by matrix2223

Take a look in ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/ all of the modules are in there like information pages/articles/newsdesk etc. I don't see the point of links manager.

True on the links manager, however its not by me thats requesting it.

With the urls I have in the admin>config use category in url set to true but it is still only showing only the product only.

eg. it only show /my-product

O, BTW I applaud you on get the url to nix out the p-2.html nicely done.

Thanks for your time,

Eric

I don't know if this future exist so here is my question:

Let say u added a product in your catalog with name: adidas shoes the link will be generated and crawled by google.

After a month u decided to change the name of the product: let say adidas men shoes link will be generated and crawled by google and u get duplicate content

I think the seo url class should add a 301 redirect sau google will know that this is the same page.

Hello, anybody can get a help Hello, when i open google webmater tool, found there is thousand of duplicate meta tag, some page come with 30 different url for same contetn page, and the code in url are very strange, don't know where it come from, the url is like below for same url, the seo url i am using is umliate seo url and header tag seo and canonical_links, anybody know why so much strange url for same content page. Please help.

domain/shoes-c-33.html?%252525252525253Blanguage=en

domain/shoes-c-33.html?%2525252525253Bcurrency=GBP?cPath

domain/shoes-c-33.html?;language=en%3F%253Blanguage%3Den?cPath

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=1&%25253Blanguage=en%253FcPath%253D33%3FcPath&sort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=11&%25253Bcurrency=GBP%252525253FcPath%252525253D33%25253FcPath%25253D33&sort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=11&;currency=CAD&;amp;language=en%3FcPath%3D33&sort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=2&;language=en&sort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=2&sort=2a&%3Bsort=2a%2525253FcPath%2525253D33%253FcPath%253D33

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=3&%25253Bcurrency=GBP&%25253Bamp%25253Blanguage=en%3FcPath%3D33&sort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=3&%25253Blanguage=en%253FcPath%253D33%3FcPath&sort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=3&sort=2a&%3Bsort=2a%2525253FcPath%2525253D33%253FcPath%253D33

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=4&%25253Blanguage=en%253FcPath%253D33%3FcPath&sort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=4&sort=2a&%2525253Bsort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=5&%25253Blanguage=en%253FcPath%253D33%3FcPath&sort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=6&%25253Bcurrency=GBP%252525253FcPath%252525253D33%25253FcPath%25253D33&sort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=6&%25253Blanguage=en%253FcPath%253D33%3FcPath&sort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=7&;currency=CAD&;amp;language=en%3FcPath%3D33&sort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=9&%25253Bcurrency=GBP%252525253FcPath%252525253D33%25253FcPath%25253D33&sort=2a

domain/shoes-c-33.html?page=9&;currency=CAD&;amp;language=en%3FcPath%3D33&sort=2a

I noticed 1 page ago that Jason was posting his website here, so I visited it.

Can you tell me how he makes the URL's look like this?

h*tp://www.sweetpaperlane.com/chatsworth-collection

there is no p-3268 or no numbers or anything in his URLs, only category name and product name.

Is he using USU5?

there is no p-3268 or no numbers or anything in his URLs, only category name and product name.

Is he using USU5?

In your admin configuration setting set the USU5 setting to use standard seo urls and not traditional seo urls

if I change "Choose URL Rewrite Type" from rewrite to standard, it will look like this:

blabla.com/index.php/product-p-3

soo, this is not really the desired result and there is still the p-3 in it

Using the 'standard' vs 'rewrite' format, you are correct. It adds the #morepics at the end.

http://nalsworkshop.com/product_info.php/-p-212#morepics

However, when using the 'rewrite' format the links are:

http://nalsworkshop.com/-p-212#morepics.html

Any help would be greatly appreciative. Thank you in advance.

Naloomi

This may be too late, but you need to make the change to includes/modules/more_pics.php not in product_info.php

Have installed this mod to OSC to CSS ver 2.0. Have read your thread and there were many post regarding the rewrite mod. In the standard settings, the URL displays as in your instructions. As you can see below but while at product_listing, URL includes index.php:

Selecting a category:

http://www.greatdiscounts4u.com/osc_to_css/index.php/dvd-movies-c-3'>http://www.greatdiscounts4u.com/osc_to_css/index.php/dvd-movies-c-3

After selecting sub-category:

http://www.greatdiscounts4u.com/osc_to_css/index.php/dvd-movies-drama-c-3_15'>http://www.greatdiscounts4u.com/osc_to_css/index.php/dvd-movies-drama-c-3_15

URL at product_info:

http://www.greatdiscounts4u.com/osc_to_css/product_info.php/beloved-p-20'>http://www.greatdiscounts4u.com/osc_to_css/product_info.php/beloved-p-20

Now go to admin settings, I change standard to rewrite and insert the below in /osc_to_css/.htaccess:

# http://www.greatdiscounts4u.com/osc_to_css/ = rewritebase /osc_to_css/

RewriteBase /osc_to_css/

and edit the line of code located in /osc_to_css/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/Usu_Init.php to:

// Options rewrite and standard ( rewrite requires mods to .htaccess)

@define( 'SEO_URLS_TYPE', 'rewrite' ); // Recommended rewrite

The admin settings is as following:

Set the number of days to store the cache. 7

Turn debug reporting on true/false. false

Enter special character conversions.

Choose URL Rewrite Type rewrite

Output W3C valid URLs? true

Filter Short Words 1

Add category parent to beginning of URLs? true

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Enable SEO URLs 5? true

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? true

Reset SEO URLs Cache

Select caching system. FileSystem

And so after changing to rewrite, now when I select any category, I get the 404 Error page.

Is he using USU5?

I really like that too. I doubt this mod can accomplish something like that. All the urls are nice and clean such as shoppigng_cart login etc

Hey FWR Media:

I have a question for you. I create a separate column in products table in database. I will be using this column for url title. Here is what I mean:

Current setup:

The product name is included in the url with p-123 so basically nike-shoes-p-456.html for a product called "nike shoes"

What I would like to do is this:

Leave the product name "nike shoes" however, the url title (slug) will be "running nike shoes". My database column already has this. I would like the url to be running-nike-shoes-p456.html for the product called "nike shoes"

I tried modifying the Usu_Products.php file to have that. It worked fine for new products I created. However, existing products in the cart do not work like that. Why is that?

The url rewrites that you all are requesting is like an addon called "pretty urls" for another open source blog/cms. There isn't a free addon for oscommerce to give you such results.

The url that you all requesting would be something like www.mysite.com/your category/my cool product

That is if I am understanding correctly

Hi there

I have upgraded today a lot of things..., I did a clean install of OSCommerce to v2.2 RCA2a.1 as well as PHP to 5.2.14 this cleaned up a lot of issues I had with some SEO modules..., they are all working well. However I did have loaded Ultimate SEO url 2.2. everthing worked except that when I turned it on I had a loop back between the index.php and manufacturers=id. Anyway in my frustration, I came accross your version 5. I followed the instructions per upgrade from series 2. Everything I installed went well with no errors except the following code for includes/application_top.php

Your Code -

// ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 by FWR Media

if ( !isset($seo_urls) || !is_object($seo_urls) ){

include_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'ultimate_seo_urls5' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'classes' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'usu.php';

$seo_urls = new usu($languages_id, $request_type, $session_started, $SID);

}

$seo_urls->initiate($SID, $languages_id, $language);

I had to do the following so my page could be seen -

// ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 by FWR Media

if ( !isset($seo_urls) || !is_object($seo_urls) ){

include_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'ultimate_seo_urls5' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'classes' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'usu.php';

$seo_urls = new usu($languages_id, $request_type, $session_started, $SID);

$seo_urls->initiate($SID, $languages_id, $language);

}

I have had no errors on my install, on removing the 2.2 module.

However

The new path is not being written..., i've looked and looked and looked and can't see where I am out..., any suggestions where to start or info you would need to look at would be greatly appreciated

I await

Andy

Hi there

Everything I installed went well with no errors except the following code for includes/application_top.php

I have had no errors on my install, on removing the 2.2 module.

However

The new path is not being written..., i've looked and looked and looked and can't see where I am out..., any suggestions where to start or info you would need to look at would be greatly appreciated

I await

Andy

You don't need to change any code USU5 works and has no known issues ( excepting a cache issue on enormous shops which I have a patch for ).

If installed correctly it will work if installed incorrectly it will break but nothing in between, it will never do "nothing".

Have you added the changed tep_href_link() code to includes/functions/html_output.php?

Have you turned it on in admin?

Have you run the installer file?

Edited by FWR Media

Have installed this mod to OSC to CSS ver 2.0. Have read your thread and there were many post regarding the rewrite mod. In the standard settings, the URL displays as in your instructions. As you can see below but while at product_listing, URL includes index.php:

Now go to admin settings, I change standard to rewrite and insert the below in /osc_to_css/.htaccess:

# http://www.greatdisc...com/osc_to_css/ = rewritebase /osc_to_css/

RewriteBase /osc_to_css/

and edit the line of code located in /osc_to_css/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/Usu_Init.php to:

// Options rewrite and standard ( rewrite requires mods to .htaccess)

@define( 'SEO_URLS_TYPE', 'rewrite' ); // Recommended rewrite

The admin settings is as following:

And so after changing to rewrite, now when I select any category, I get the 404 Error page.

Why are you manually changing the init file? you should have run the installer and be running settings via admin.

Hey FWR Media:

I have a question for you. I create a separate column in products table in database. I will be using this column for url title. Here is what I mean:

Current setup:

The product name is included in the url with p-123 so basically nike-shoes-p-456.html for a product called "nike shoes"

Leave the product name "nike shoes" however, the url title (slug) will be "running nike shoes". My database column already has this. I would like the url to be running-nike-shoes-p456.html for the product called "nike shoes"

I tried modifying the Usu_Products.php file to have that. It worked fine for new products I created. However, existing products in the cart do not work like that. Why is that?

Hey FWR Media:

Current setup:

If new products work but old remain the same then I'd imagine that you didn't reset the cache. I can't comment otherwise on the functionality as it is obviously non standard.

If new products work but old remain the same then I'd imagine that you didn't reset the cache. I can't comment otherwise on the functionality as it is obviously non standard.

I have tried resetting the cache via the setting of "true" and also by emptying the mysql table.

Nothing seems to be working. Did I miss anywhere else it needs to be cleared?

You don't need to change any code USU5 works and has no known issues ( excepting a cache issue on enormous shops which I have a patch for ).

If installed correctly it will work if installed incorrectly it will break but nothing in between, it will never do "nothing".

Have you added the changed tep_href_link() code to includes/functions/html_output.php?

Have you turned it on in admin?

Have you run the installer file?

Hi Robert

Thanks for your reply...,

I very slowley went over my install instructions and ensured I had done everything by the book..., yes I did every step with the correct files, files have been removed where necessary and database has been update etc..,

My problem is my application.top file and I am lost.

I will list below my original application.top file. When I add your code I do receive the path being written correctly but when I click on any product I receive a web 404 error..., as soon as I turn it off my product comes back!

Many thanks

Andy

-------------------------------

?php

/*

$Id: application_top.php,v 1.280 2003/07/12 09:38:07 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// start the timer for the page parse time log

define('PAGE_PARSE_START_TIME', microtime());

// set the level of error reporting

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

// check if register_globals is enabled.

// since this is a temporary measure this message is hardcoded. The requirement will be removed before 2.2 is finalized.

if (function_exists('ini_get')) {

ini_get('register_globals') or exit('Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.');

}

// Set the local configuration parameters - mainly for developers

if (file_exists('includes/local/configure.php')) include('includes/local/configure.php');

// include server parameters

require('includes/configure.php');

if (strlen(DB_SERVER) < 1) {

if (is_dir('install')) {

header('Location: install/index.php');

}

}

// define the project version

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2');

// set the type of request (secure or not)

$request_type = (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ? 'SSL' : 'NONSSL';

// set php_self in the local scope

if (!isset($PHP_SELF)) $PHP_SELF = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'];

if ($request_type == 'NONSSL') {

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG);

} else {

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG);

}

// include the list of project filenames

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'filenames.php');

// include the list of project database tables

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'database_tables.php');

// include the IP Trap

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'secret.php');

// customization for the design layout

define('BOX_WIDTH', 221); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

define('BOX_WIDTH2', 185); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

// include the database functions

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'database.php');

// make a connection to the database... now

tep_db_connect() or die('Unable to connect to database server!');

// set the application parameters

$configuration_query = tep_db_query('select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from ' . TABLE_CONFIGURATION);

while ($configuration = tep_db_fetch_array($configuration_query)) {

define($configuration['cfgKey'], $configuration['cfgValue']);

}

// FWR Media Security Pro

if ( defined('FWR_SECURITY_PRO_ON') && FWR_SECURITY_PRO_ON === 'true' ) {

$fwr_security_excludes = array();

if ( defined('FWR_SECURITY_PRO_FILE_EXCLUSIONS_ON') && FWR_SECURITY_PRO_FILE_EXCLUSIONS_ON === 'true' )

$fwr_security_excludes = explode(',', FWR_SECURITY_PRO_FILE_EXCLUSIONS);

if ( !in_array(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), $fwr_security_excludes) )

include('includes/functions/security.php');

}

if ( function_exists('tep_clean_get__recursive') ) {

// Recursively clean $HTTP_GET_VARS and $_GET

// There is no legitimate reason for these to contain anything but ..

// A-Z a-z 0-9 -(hyphen).(dot)_(underscore) {} space

$HTTP_GET_VARS = tep_clean_get__recursive($HTTP_GET_VARS);

$_GET = tep_clean_get__recursive($_GET);

$_REQUEST = $_GET + $_POST; // $_REQUEST now holds the cleaned $_GET and std $_POST. $_COOKIE has been removed.

fwr_clean_global($_GET); // Change the $GLOBALS value to the cleaned value

}

// END - FWR Media Security Pro

// if gzip_compression is enabled, start to buffer the output

if ( (GZIP_COMPRESSION == 'true') && ($ext_zlib_loaded = extension_loaded('zlib')) && (PHP_VERSION >= '4') ) {

if (($ini_zlib_output_compression = (int)ini_get('zlib.output_compression')) < 1) {

if (PHP_VERSION >= '4.0.4') {

ob_start('ob_gzhandler');

} else {

include(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'gzip_compression.php');

ob_start();

ob_implicit_flush();

}

} else {

ini_set('zlib.output_compression_level', GZIP_LEVEL);

}

}

// set the HTTP GET parameters manually if search_engine_friendly_urls is enabled

if (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') {

if (strlen(getenv('PATH_INFO')) > 1) {

$GET_array = array();

$PHP_SELF = str_replace(getenv('PATH_INFO'), '', $PHP_SELF);

$vars = explode('/', substr(getenv('PATH_INFO'), 1));

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($vars); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (strpos($vars[$i], '[]')) {

$GET_array[substr($vars[$i], 0, -2)][] = $vars[$i+1];

} else {

$HTTP_GET_VARS[$vars[$i]] = $vars[$i+1];

}

$i++;

}

if (sizeof($GET_array) > 0) {

while (list($key, $value) = each($GET_array)) {

$HTTP_GET_VARS[$key] = $value;

}

}

}

}

// define general functions used application-wide

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'general.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'html_output.php');

// set the cookie domain

$cookie_domain = (($request_type == 'NONSSL') ? HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN : HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN);

$cookie_path = (($request_type == 'NONSSL') ? HTTP_COOKIE_PATH : HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH);

// include cache functions if enabled

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') include(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'cache.php');

// include shopping cart class

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shopping_cart.php');

// include navigation history class

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'navigation_history.php');

// some code to solve compatibility issues

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'compatibility.php');

// check if sessions are supported, otherwise use the php3 compatible session class

if (!function_exists('session_start')) {

define('PHP_SESSION_NAME', 'osCsid');

define('PHP_SESSION_PATH', $cookie_path);

define('PHP_SESSION_DOMAIN', $cookie_domain);

define('PHP_SESSION_SAVE_PATH', SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY);

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'sessions.php');

}

// define how the session functions will be used

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'sessions.php');

// set the session name and save path

tep_session_name('osCsid');

tep_session_save_path(SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY);

// set the session cookie parameters

if (function_exists('session_set_cookie_params')) {

session_set_cookie_params(0, $cookie_path, $cookie_domain);

} elseif (function_exists('ini_set')) {

ini_set('session.cookie_lifetime', '0');

ini_set('session.cookie_path', $cookie_path);

ini_set('session.cookie_domain', $cookie_domain);

}

// set the session ID if it exists

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS[tep_session_name()])) {

tep_session_id($HTTP_POST_VARS[tep_session_name()]);

} elseif ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[tep_session_name()]) ) {

tep_session_id($HTTP_GET_VARS[tep_session_name()]);

}

// start the session

$session_started = false;

if (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'True') {

tep_setcookie('cookie_test', 'please_accept_for_session', time()+60*60*24*30, $cookie_path, $cookie_domain);

if (isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['cookie_test'])) {

tep_session_start();

$session_started = true;

}

} elseif (SESSION_BLOCK_SPIDERS == 'True') {

$user_agent = strtolower(getenv('HTTP_USER_AGENT'));

$spider_flag = false;

if (tep_not_null($user_agent)) {

$spiders = file(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'spiders.txt');

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($spiders); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (tep_not_null($spiders[$i])) {

if (is_integer(strpos($user_agent, trim($spiders[$i])))) {

$spider_flag = true;

break;

}

}

}

}

if ($spider_flag == false) {

tep_session_start();

$session_started = true;

}

} else {

tep_session_start();

$session_started = true;

}

// set SID once, even if empty

$SID = (defined('SID') ? SID : '');

// verify the ssl_session_id if the feature is enabled

if ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && (SESSION_CHECK_SSL_SESSION_ID == 'True') && (ENABLE_SSL == true) && ($session_started == true) ) {

$ssl_session_id = getenv('SSL_SESSION_ID');

if (!tep_session_is_registered('SSL_SESSION_ID')) {

$SESSION_SSL_ID = $ssl_session_id;

tep_session_register('SESSION_SSL_ID');

}

if ($SESSION_SSL_ID != $ssl_session_id) {

tep_session_destroy();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SSL_CHECK));

}

}

// verify the browser user agent if the feature is enabled

if (SESSION_CHECK_USER_AGENT == 'True') {

$http_user_agent = getenv('HTTP_USER_AGENT');

if (!tep_session_is_registered('SESSION_USER_AGENT')) {

$SESSION_USER_AGENT = $http_user_agent;

tep_session_register('SESSION_USER_AGENT');

}

if ($SESSION_USER_AGENT != $http_user_agent) {

tep_session_destroy();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN));

}

}

// verify the IP address if the feature is enabled

if (SESSION_CHECK_IP_ADDRESS == 'True') {

$ip_address = tep_get_ip_address();

if (!tep_session_is_registered('SESSION_IP_ADDRESS')) {

$SESSION_IP_ADDRESS = $ip_address;

tep_session_register('SESSION_IP_ADDRESS');

}

if ($SESSION_IP_ADDRESS != $ip_address) {

tep_session_destroy();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN));

}

}

// create the shopping cart & fix the cart if necesary

if (tep_session_is_registered('cart') && is_object($cart)) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

$broken_cart = $cart;

$cart = new shoppingCart;

$cart->unserialize($broken_cart);

}

} else {

tep_session_register('cart');

$cart = new shoppingCart;

}

// include currencies class and create an instance

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');

$currencies = new currencies();

// include the mail classes

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'mime.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'email.php');

// set the language

if (!tep_session_is_registered('language') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('language')) {

tep_session_register('language');

tep_session_register('languages_id');

}

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'language.php');

$lng = new language();

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {

$lng->set_language($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']);

} else {

$lng->get_browser_language();

}

$language = $lng->language['directory'];

$languages_id = $lng->language['id'];

}

// include the language translations

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

// currency

if (!tep_session_is_registered('currency') || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['currency']) || ( (USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY == 'true') && (LANGUAGE_CURRENCY != $currency) ) ) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('currency')) tep_session_register('currency');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['currency'])) {

if (!$currency = tep_currency_exists($HTTP_GET_VARS['currency'])) $currency = (USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY == 'true') ? LANGUAGE_CURRENCY : DEFAULT_CURRENCY;

} else {

$currency = (USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY == 'true') ? LANGUAGE_CURRENCY : DEFAULT_CURRENCY;

}

}

if (!$_SESSION['currency']) { $currency = "CAD"; tep_session_register('currency');}

// navigation history

if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

$broken_navigation = $navigation;

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

$navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);

}

} else {

tep_session_register('navigation');

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

}

$navigation->add_current_page();

// Shopping cart actions

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'])) {

// redirect the customer to a friendly cookie-must-be-enabled page if cookies are disabled

if ($session_started == false) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_COOKIE_USAGE));

}

if (DISPLAY_CART == 'true') {

$goto = FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART;

$parameters = array('action', 'cPath', 'products_id', 'pid');

} else {

$goto = basename($PHP_SELF);

if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'buy_now') {

$parameters = array('action', 'pid', 'products_id');

} else {

$parameters = array('action', 'pid');

}

}

switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) {

// customer wants to update the product quantity in their shopping cart

case 'update_product' : for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (in_array($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i], (is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_delete']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_delete'] : array()))) {

$cart->remove($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i]);

} else {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

// if PHP3, make correction for lack of multidimensional array.

reset($HTTP_POST_VARS);

while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

if (is_array($value)) {

while (list($key2, $value2) = each($value)) {

if (ereg ("(.*)\]\[(.*)", $key2, $var)) {

$id2[$var[1]][$var[2]] = $value2;

}

}

}

}

$attributes = ($id2[$HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i]]) ? $id2[$HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i]] : '';

} else {

$attributes = ($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'][$HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i]]) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'][$HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i]] : '';

}

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i], $HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_quantity'][$i], $attributes, false);

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters)));

break;

// customer adds a product from the products page

case 'add_product' : if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

}

break;

// performed by the 'buy now' button in product listings and review page

case 'buy_now' : if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

} else {

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])+1);

}

}

break;

case 'notify' : if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

$notify = $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'];

} elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['notify'])) {

$notify = $HTTP_GET_VARS['notify'];

} elseif (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'])) {

$notify = $HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'];

} else {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'notify'))));

}

if (!is_array($notify)) $notify = array($notify);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($notify); $i<$n; $i++) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_NOTIFICATIONS . " where products_id = '" . $notify[$i] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['count'] < 1) {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_NOTIFICATIONS . " (products_id, customers_id, date_added) values ('" . $notify[$i] . "', '" . $customer_id . "', now())");

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'notify'))));

} else {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

break;

case 'notify_remove' : if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_NOTIFICATIONS . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['count'] > 0) {

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_NOTIFICATIONS . " where products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))));

} else {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

break;

case 'cust_order' : if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {

if (tep_has_product_attributes($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pid']));

} else {

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'], $cart->get_quantity($HTTP_GET_VARS['pid'])+1);

}

}

break;

}

}

// include the who's online functions

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'whos_online.php');

tep_update_whos_online();

// include the password crypto functions

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'password_funcs.php');

// include validation functions (right now only email address)

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'validations.php');

// split-page-results

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'split_page_results.php');

// infobox

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'boxes.php');

// auto activate and expire banners

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'banner.php');

tep_activate_banners();

tep_expire_banners();

// auto expire special products

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'specials.php');

tep_expire_specials();

// calculate category path

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'])) {

$cPath = $HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'];

} elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) && !isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

$cPath = tep_get_product_path($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);

} else {

$cPath = '';

}

if (tep_not_null($cPath)) {

$cPath_array = tep_parse_category_path($cPath);

$cPath = implode('_', $cPath_array);

$current_category_id = $cPath_array[(sizeof($cPath_array)-1)];

} else {

$current_category_id = 0;

}

// include the breadcrumb class and start the breadcrumb trail

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'breadcrumb.php');

$breadcrumb = new breadcrumb;

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG, tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));

// add category names or the manufacturer name to the breadcrumb trail

if (isset($cPath_array)) {

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($cPath_array); $i<$n; $i++) {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$cPath_array[$i] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($categories_query) > 0) {

$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);

$breadcrumb->add($categories['categories_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . implode('_', array_slice($cPath_array, 0, ($i+1)))));

} else {

break;

}

}

} elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($manufacturers_query)) {

$manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query);

$breadcrumb->add($manufacturers['manufacturers_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']));

}

}

// add the products model to the breadcrumb trail

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

$model_query = tep_db_query("select products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($model_query)) {

$model = tep_db_fetch_array($model_query);

$breadcrumb->add($model['products_model'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

}

}

// initialize the message stack for output messages

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'message_stack.php');

$messageStack = new messageStack;

// set which precautions should be checked

define('WARN_INSTALL_EXISTENCE', 'true');

define('WARN_CONFIG_WRITEABLE', 'true');

define('WARN_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE', 'true');

define('WARN_SESSION_AUTO_START', 'true');

define('WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE', 'true');

// Start - CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Contribution

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php');

// End - CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Contribution

?>

Hi Robert

Thanks for your reply...,

I very slowley went over my install instructions and ensured I had done everything by the book..., yes I did every step with the correct files, files have been removed where necessary and database has been update etc..,

My problem is my application.top file and I am lost.

I will list below my original application.top file. When I add your code I do receive the path being written correctly but when I click on any product I receive a web 404 error..., as soon as I turn it off my product comes back!

Many thanks

Andy

No please do not post entire files here, it makes the support topic unreadable for others.

Just to reiterate USU5 has no major code issues so it is pointless to look for them.

If this happens with the standard settings then you are on a server that doesn't accept path based uris .. e.g.

Let's say your site url is www.mysite.com/catalog/

If you try to access the site as www.mysite.com/catalog/index.php/test

Do you get an FWR Media 404, a site 404 or do you see the correct page?

Why are you manually changing the init file? you should have run the installer and be running settings via admin.

With the settings in ADMIN set at rewrite and the rewrite inserted in .htaccess, at /osc_to_css/ because that's the location of the test store, I would get page not found whenever I clicked a category. That's why I did that, but still it did not change anything, so I changed it back to the way it was.

Install was very easy and I did run the installer.

With the settings in ADMIN set at rewrite and the rewrite inserted in .htaccess, at /osc_to_css/ because that's the location of the test store, I would get page not found whenever I clicked a category. That's why I did that, but still it did not change anything, so I changed it back to the way it was.

Install was very easy and I did run the installer.

Then very simply your server is not set up correctly for RewriteRules.

Try replacing Options +FollowSymLinks with Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

If that doesn't work ..

Occasionally commenting out ..

#Options +FollowSymLinks in .htaccess works due to httpd.conf settings.

Is mod_rewrite compiled in apache?

AllowOverride in httpd.conf allows or disallows settings in .htaccess "ALL" is a pretty standard setting.

Updated this post a few times

Edited by FWR Media

Security Notice

Actually the above post reminded me that I had intended a security post.. a point for everyone using USU5 and potentially any url rewriter

There has been a notice that

Options +FollowSymLinks

In certain circumstances can provide a security breach.

In .htaccess try replacing

Options +FollowSymLinks

with

Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

If it works then fantastic .. if not you'll have to stay with Options +FollowSymLinks

Edited by FWR Media