• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

I was searching through the support thread to see if anybody else was asking for this, and only found the one post. Is there an option to not display the manu_id like there is for cPath in Admin? Using the canonical tag does prevent duplicate content issues, but in my opinion it also prevents pagerank from passing to the URL you want.

Try the file located in extras/replacements in the download.

Try the file located in extras/replacements in the download.

If you select a manu from the drop down (after replacing with your file) should the id still appear in the URL? I am using spooks' modified product listing and I am wondering if it has something to do with that. I replaced the file now, and it still appears.

Well,

Was expecting a bit more due to the hype

Warning: include_once(includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/testsite.com/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 20

And yes vanilla install "drop on top"

uploaded admin and includes folders into root.

And no not the wrong (admin) folder literally in there double checked, line 20 in html_output.php

Latest download.

Well,

Warning: include_once(includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/testsite.com/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 20

And no not the wrong (admin) folder literally in there double checked, line 20 in html_output.php

Latest download.

Put the files in the right place and it will work.

I expect a bit more too .. like people following the instructions when I have taken great pains to make them clear.

Put the files in the right place and it will work.

I expect a bit more too .. like people following the instructions when I have taken great pains to make them clear.

FWR,

Downloaded latest version. unzipped uploaded includes and admin folders into the root. Created over 50 oscommerce stores. I'll look further into it... but out of the box "drop on top" does not work or files are in the wrong places in your actual mod.

Will look into it and post corrections.

Thanks

\ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r141_stable\drop_on_top\catalog\includes\functions\html_output.php

Line 20

include_once DIR_WS_MODULES . 'ultimate_seo_urls5' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'classes' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'usu.php';

Where is this file? usu.php

\drop_on_top\catalog\includes\modules\

Just has product_listing.php

FWR,

Downloaded latest version. unzipped uploaded includes and admin folders into the root. Created over 50 oscommerce stores. I'll look further into it... but out of the box "drop on top" does not work or files are in the wrong places in your actual mod.

Will look into it and post corrections.

Thanks

No corrections are needed, USU5 has no current issues.

Drop on Top is just the osCommerce files which are overwritten . .you also have to upload the USU5 files in the "uploads" directory.

New Installation

The uploads folder

Firstly upload the contents of the uploads folder maintaining the directory structure.

These are all new files and will not affect your existing osCommerce installation.

Two Types of install

There are two types of install.

* Drop on Top

* Manual install

Drop on Top

By far the easiest of the options. This option should only be used for fresh installs of osCommerce RC2a.

Drop on Top is what it suggests .. you simply drop the files on top of your osCommerce installation maintaining the directory structure.

In the first few lines of the instructions .. would have been nice if you had at least read the first 16 lines of the instructions before complaining of dissappointment.

Edited by FWR Media

No corrections are needed, USU5 has no current issues.

Drop on Top is just the osCommerce files which are overwritten . .you also have to upload the USU5 files in the "uploads" directory.

FWR,

Just did and that fixed it.

BTW instructions DID NOT mention this and for a true "drop on top" should have included includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/*

Hopefully this will help others and possibly you could fix on next package.

Thanks

Edited by misterbling

FWR,

Just did and that fixed it.

BTW instructions DID NOT mention this and for a true "drop on top" should have included includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/*

Hopefully this will help others and possibly you could fix on next package.

Thanks

ROFL .. just admit you cocked up for gods sake instead of trying to justify yourself by suggesting USU5 needs corrections.

These extremely difficult instructions amounted to ..

Upload the uploads directory

Upload the drop on top directory

Run installer.

If you can't do that perhaps you shouldn't be installing mods.

ROFL .. just admit you cocked up for gods sake instead of trying to justify yourself by suggesting USU5 needs corrections.

These extremely difficult instructions amounted to ..

Upload the uploads directory

Upload the drop on top directory

Run installer.

If you can't do that perhaps you shouldn't be installing mods.

WOW

OK here it is

Line from instructions

Drop on Top is what it suggests .. you simply drop the files on top of your osCommerce installation maintaining the directory structure.

Well no. There are additional files to upload, you could have put in "drop on top", you didn't. probably an oversight...whatever. Not a big deal, and hopefully others will be helped by this.

Well no. There are additional files to upload, you could have put in "drop on top", you didn't. probably an oversight...whatever. Not a big deal, and hopefully others will be helped by this.

I don't want to prolong this ridiculous conversation and I posted the exact TOP of the install instructions two posts up.

No one will be helped by this as previously no one has not bothered to read the first 16 lines of the instructions.

I agree. In the future I'd suggest to just include it in the "drop on top" everyone and their mother realizes it would just work that way. Just a suggestion, happy to play around with this and compare to the original ULTIMATE SEO URLS.

Thanks

I agree. In the future I'd suggest to just include it in the "drop on top" everyone and their mother realizes it would just work that way. Just a suggestion, happy to play around with this and compare to the original ULTIMATE SEO URLS.

Thanks

Yes I can see how the "drop on top" may sound self explanatory on first glance. By way of explanation, I excluded the USU5 files from drop on top because to do otherwise would have been making the download larger for no reasonable reason as these files have to be separate also for the non "drop on top" install.

Also if you are in "drop on top" test mode you may fancy visiting the USU5 PRO development thread where I'll be making a drop on top only version available for testing again.

Edited by FWR Media

OK I'm honestly very impressed by this system.

The reason for switching over was due to urls going to a file system other than database requirements by others. Had no idea memcache was also an option. Kudos.

DO you see any complications with eaccelerator and memcache?

Thanks

Edited by misterbling

Well,

Latest download.

Why cry and whine and piss and moan about everything... ask more from yourself. What type of person can receive free goods and then complain?

geeeeez

DO you see any complications with eaccelerator and memcache?

Thanks

Missed this post change.

No .. eaccelerator is an opcode cache .. memcache is a memory based caching system which offers no conflict to my current knowledge.

Be aware though that I doubt the memcache option is very much tested .. should work fine but hasn't been looked into in great depth ( although I use it myself ). E.g. memcache flushes when the cache is reset in admin whereas it really should be unset by value.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi Rob

Some people were pming me for USU5 PRO beta testing, since i also asked it lol in forums, which you arent sending to them

if you are going to release it consider there are people willing to testing (its ashame people didnt support your dev thread for USU5 PRO much)

Here is the link for people who can properly beta testing-> USU5 PRO SEO URLS FOR PROFESSSIONAL SHOPOWNERS anyway lobbying

Cheers

Franc

Edited by Francys

hi friends:

how i can, uninstall this contribution???? dont likeme and make it my site more slowly

thanks for your help.

spanish -------

hola amigos:

como puedo desinstalar esta contribucion???? no me gusto y ademas hizo mi sitio muy lento

gracias por su ayuda

atte

susu

hi friends:

how i can, uninstall this contribution???? dont likeme and make it my site more slowly

thanks for your help.

spanish -------

hola amigos:

como puedo desinstalar esta contribucion???? no me gusto y ademas hizo mi sitio muy lento

gracias por su ayuda

atte

susu

USU5 should not slow down your site unless you have a huge site with thousands of products.

If you have thousands of products PM me with your email address and I'll send you some files that do not cache the products. This has been tested on shops with 50,000 products +

USU5 PRO uses a different caching strategy that should be fine for huge shops.

Edited by FWR Media

I'm about to install USU5 on a new 2.2 install and would like to know which Google Sitemap mod you recommend to go with it. I noticed that you have some provision for using modified files with Chemo's old offering. Is this the one you prefer to use in tandom with USU5? If so, which release? There seem to be a few. I was hoping to go to the source to avoid conflicts from the start. I like your work -- nice, tight code and easy to install.

Thanks for your time!

Hi, I installed this contribution and pack for cyrillic, but I need it to be instead utf8 encoding in windows-1251. Can you tell me where to modify?

To convert it to another character set perhaps use something like BabelPad.

When I use cyrillic for names in my site, in url is like index.php/òåñòåðè-c-19?osCsid=a4e3e0d293d9799e19f241f79b8b6f52.

òåñòåðè this is the problem. My encoding in language files is windows-1251, the cyrillic pack for this contribution is made for utf-8 encoding. My question is is there a way to change the code somewhere to display properly characters in windows 1251 in browser`s url field.

When I use cyrillic for names in my site, in url is like index.php/òåñòåðè-c-19?osCsid=a4e3e0d293d9799e19f241f79b8b6f52.

òåñòåðè this is the problem. My encoding in language files is windows-1251, the cyrillic pack for this contribution is made for utf-8 encoding. My question is is there a way to change the code somewhere to display properly characters in windows 1251 in browser`s url field.

Yes I know .. the thing is that I can't create language packs for every encoding, UTF-8 is the current standard.

Just create a new file on your desktop ( presuming your desktop is CP1251 ).

All it needs to contain is ..

<?php

$char_convert = array( '' => '' );

Then fill in the array with the characters and their replacements.

Edited by FWR Media