• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

I haven't had time to think about this properly Kevin but it is certainly not an issue with a standard osCommerce installation.

I would imagine that the products id containing the attributes 5{6}7{8} etc is being url encoded and passed as such through to USU5 which would not reject it as {} is not present.

When using 2.1 everything worked perfectly....what I tried to do was change the index.php redirect in the .htaccess file back to what was in 2.1, and it did stop the 'page not found' error, and forwarded you to the shopping cart, but it did not add a new product to the cart...

Our website does have quite a few modifications to it.....so is there any code from my website that I could post that would help at all?

Kevin Wilson

http://www.ginger6.com

When using 2.1 everything worked perfectly....what I tried to do was change the index.php redirect in the .htaccess file back to what was in 2.1, and it did stop the 'page not found' error, and forwarded you to the shopping cart, but it did not add a new product to the cart...

Our website does have quite a few modifications to it.....so is there any code from my website that I could post that would help at all?

Kevin Wilson

http://www.ginger6.com

Try turning the W3C setting to off.

ok well, i decided it was best to start with a clean install, so i totally removed my install, new db, new install of rc2.2a and then dropped on top the version of this add on, cant access anything

catalog i get this

Warning: include_once(includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wwwjas/public_html/oscommerce/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 20

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wwwjas/public_html/oscommerce/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 20

Fatal error: Class 'usu' not found in /home/wwwjas/public_html/oscommerce/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 21

trying to access admin i get this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/wwwjas/public_html/oscommerce/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1211

any ideas?

There are no errors with a drop on top install . . you are modifying files incorrectly creating errors.

As I mentioned before if .htaccess causes 500 server errors then your server is not set up correctly for RewriteRules.

thanks,

its a dedicated server so I can change whatever it is I need to change, I have redone all the files once, I have the 500 error now, so what do I need to change?

thanks

Edited by jason4656

Hi again.

To clarify a bit this mess.....my hosting was saying in a panel that was using php 5.12 but after checking deeply i discovered that was 4.4, so that was the error.

Now this contribution is working fine and online.

A thought dough,

) The - and / seems to be missing in url, not biggie, just asking if is ok.

Nice contribution, very easy to install.

Thank you.

Hi again.

To clarify a bit this mess.....my hosting was saying in a panel that was using php 5.12 but after checking deeply i discovered that was 4.4, so that was the error.

Now this contribution is working fine and online.

A thought dough,

) The - and / seems to be missing in url, not biggie, just asking if is ok.

Nice contribution, very easy to install.

Thank you.

When you say "The - and / seems to be missing in url" what do you mean exactly? all foreign characters are removed from the text and gaps in text are separated by - ( hyphen )

thanks,

its a dedicated server so I can change whatever it is I need to change, I have redone all the files once, I have the 500 error now, so what do I need to change?

thanks

Well your 500 error you said relates to both admin and catalog. The .htaccess for USU5 would only affect the catalog side so it sounds like you have a general server problem.

no i can access the admin now, just the front end that has the error, so what do i need to change?

thanks

sorry just double checked and your right, admin is same error, it must be a per account as i have about 10 accounts on our dedicated server and some of the others run .htaccess rewrite as i have just checked, i am just not sure how it is I need to set this up

thanks

When you say "The - and / seems to be missing in url" what do you mean exactly? all foreign characters are removed from the text and gaps in text are separated by - ( hyphen )

If I have something like a CC/CC converter (electronics) or 24/12-5A it converts to CCCC and 24125a. What do you think google likes more?

Thanks

If I have something like a CC/CC converter (electronics) or 24/12-5A it converts to CCCC and 24125a. What do you think google likes more?

Thanks

PD. Sorry I forgot to mention that when SU5 is on the link just above the footer "Currently viewing": .. just displays the shop name but not the product itself.

Hi,

I use Ultimate SEO 5 with usu5_sitemap_create.php to generate a sitmap.

It work fine but it generate only links (in sitemapProducts.xml) in my current language (French).

I use French, English, German and Spanish language.

And all my link are generate 4 time in french

http://www.leshoppingdezoe.com/sitemapProducts.xml

ie: http://www.leshoppingdezoe.com/product_info.php/poussette-double-eani-meeni-miney-cosatto-p-147 (4 time) in sitemapProducts.xml

instead of:

http://www.leshoppingdezoe.com/product_info.php/double-stroller-eani-meeni-miney-cosatto-p-147 (for english)

http://www.leshoppingdezoe.com/product_info.php/doppelkinderwagen-eani-meeni-miney-cosatto-p-147 (german)

http://www.leshoppingdezoe.com/product_info.php/doble-cochecitoeani-eani-meeni-miney-cosatto-p-147 (spanish)

Thanks for your help

I moved my website to a other domain and host. What must I change now to get my links to cat's and product's working? I've tradiotional rules. What are the files that are needing to change?

I'm getting errors like this when i enable seo urls 5:

---

Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

---

When i disable it it is working good.

Got this error at the bortom of my site:

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/minkyshop/domains/minkyshop.nl/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache/4_usucache.cache) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/minkyshop/domains/minkyshop.nl/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 35

HOWTO FIX?

When I reset the cahce in the admin i GET this error:

Warning: unlink(/home/minkyshop/domains/testshop.nl/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache/4_usucache.cache) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/minkyshop/domains/minkyshop.nl/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1331

When I reset the cahce in the admin i GET this error:

Warning: unlink(/home/minkyshop/domains/testshop.nl/public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache/4_usucache.cache) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/minkyshop/domains/minkyshop.nl/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1331

In the instructions is states ...

Using your FTP client or other chosen method ensure that the directory

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache

is writeable .. this maybe 0755 or 0777 dependent on your server settings.

In the instructions is states ...

And yes that directory is 777. But still have the error :o

when i click on RESET. That is working now! Thanks:) (error when moved my website) Problems fixed now.

A question:

What Header Tags addons should i use that is the most compatible with this addon?

Kiss?HTC?

What Sitemap is the most compatible with this one?

I'm using information pages unlimited? That links from that addon aren't SEO. Is there a alternative which this addon makes SEO links from a other addon or a modificicatiopn so it works with information pages unlimited?

Edited by kanata_82

I am having trouble getting this to work. Everytime I install it, my images go away and will not show up past the first page. I installed this twice. All the options show up in admin, and everything else seems to work. Just no images. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I just installed the great package.

However, I don't see any new section under admin->configuration

When I go to installer.php it says:

Installer Messages: Stage - 1

* All configuration values look good.

* Configuration Group auto increment to start at 16

* Tables look good to insert.

* No tables to alter it seems.

* No fields to insert it seems.

* No fields to alter it seems.

But when I click the Install Database Settings, nothing happen and it stays at the same page with the same content.

Any ideas?

thanks

Hi,

I just installed the great package.

However, I don't see any new section under admin->configuration

When I go to installer.php it says:

Installer Messages: Stage - 1

* All configuration values look good.

* Configuration Group auto increment to start at 16

* Tables look good to insert.

* No tables to alter it seems.

* No fields to insert it seems.

* No fields to alter it seems.

But when I click the Install Database Settings, nothing happen and it stays at the same page with the same content.

Any ideas?

thanks

ok, I solved this one.

For some reason, when I press the Install Database Settings button, it doesn't go to stage 2 so it never enters

elseif( $installer->stage == '2' )

in installer.php.

I had to change the elseif statement and now it works and the database is updated.

Anyway, I didn't figure out why manageStage doesn't increment $this->stage to 2.