• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

I've tried searching but it comes up with 7 pages of stuff that doesn't relate to all products SEO regardless of what I search.

If I change all-products.php to all_products.php what else will I have to change?

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/336702-ultimate-seo-urls-5-by-fwr-media/page__view__findpost__p__1463806

Hey, thanks for the awesome contribution guys. I have a minor bug to report. I have a product in my inventory that is named "New York Girl Catalog". The problem is that when I'm using this plugin and click on it I get the notfound_404.php page. I reset the cache and renamed the item to "New York Girl Cat." and the problem went away. So I'm certain the problem is that the word catalog was included in the url and it bugged out. I'm going to rename it back to its original name and just try not to reset the cache as a workaround for now. Thanks again guys!

I found the error. It was my fault, sorry.

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /..../..../public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 71

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/..../public_html/includes/application_top.php:71) in /..../..../public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /..../..../public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 71

Hi Robert,

Sorry to bug you with perhaps a repeat question as I know several people have asked something similar over the last couple of months in here. I just installed and was testing out the PayPal Website Payments Pro module 1.08 and when I click on the 'What's this?' button (includes/paypal_wpp/cvv2info.php) that shows a pop-up explaining what a CVV is I get the error above at the top of the page. I've looked at some of the fixes you'd mentioned:

- There is no reference to USU in my footer.

- I added '-' to preg_match( '@[a-z0-9_-] in application_top.php even though I agree it's bad form to change a working file to fix a bad one.

- I don't see any filenames with a hyphen in them anywhere in the newly created paypal directories.

- I triple-checked my initial installation of USU5, especially the application_top.php file and found no issues.

- I've been using USU5 rev141 the whole time.

- I'm not sure what role the tep_href_link() function plays here.

As I'm just in early PayPal testing and I'm not that my sandbox account or API is set up correctly, could that be my problem?...that it's requesting some link that's not properly set up with PayPal as of yet? I'll post the top of cvv2info.php where the problem resides:

<?php

chdir('../..');

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'paypal_wpp/languages/' . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CVV2INFO);

?>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//Dtd HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo PAGE_TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<style type="text/css">

html,body {background-color:#fff}

</style>

</head>

<body>

Thanks for all your help here,

Nick

Edited by longhorn1999

Thanks for the link, so I went through and changed everything and now its working properly. For those who may run into this problem in the future here is what I had to do.

I have All Products SEO V1.2 for reference

Changed the following files from all-products.php to all_products.php in

Catalog/

Catalog/includes/functions/

Catalog/includes/boxes/

Catalog/includes/languages/english/

Catalog/includes/modules/

Catalog/admin/

Catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/

Changed all-products.php to all_products.php inside the following files

Catalog/includes/filenames.php

Catalog/includes/column_left.php

Catalog/admin/includes/english/english.php

Catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

Hi,

I just ran the install, I got it working locally on my system using MAMP. I then uploaded the files to my server and when I click on a category or a manufacturer, I'm getting the following error. Blank page with "No input file specified." written. The install ran correctly and it said there were no errors. Any ideas?

BOLO

Hey Robert... Site has been working for past month.. Then all the sudden the url rewrite is not working.. Nothing has changed with my site files.. Meaning I have not made any changes..

Do you have any ideas what caused this suddenly to happen..

Thanks

Settings are.... And have been working fine..

Seo Urls 5

Title Value Action

Add category parent to beginning of URLs? false

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Enable SEO URLs? true

Filter Short Words 1

Output W3C valid URLs? true

Choose URL Rewrite Type rewrite

Enter special character conversions

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false

Set the number of days to store the cache. 7

Reset SEO URLs Cache

Turn degug reporting on/off. false

Select caching system. FileSystem

Funny thing is.. I also just checked my dev server and it is doing the same thing there...

Edited by Oggster

Hi,

I just ran the install, I got it working locally on my system using MAMP. I then uploaded the files to my server and when I click on a category or a manufacturer, I'm getting the following error. Blank page with "No input file specified." written. The install ran correctly and it said there were no errors. Any ideas?

BOLO

Linux or Windows Server?

What is the PHP version?

What is the rewite type you are using?

Hey Robert... Site has been working for past month.. Then all the sudden the url rewrite is not working.. Nothing has changed with my site files.. Meaning I have not made any changes..

Do you have any ideas what caused this suddenly to happen..

Thanks

Settings are.... And have been working fine..

Seo Urls 5

Title Value Action

Add category parent to beginning of URLs? false

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Enable SEO URLs? true

Filter Short Words 1

Output W3C valid URLs? true

Choose URL Rewrite Type rewrite

Enter special character conversions

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false

Set the number of days to store the cache. 7

Reset SEO URLs Cache

Turn degug reporting on/off. false

Select caching system. FileSystem

Funny thing is.. I also just checked my dev server and it is doing the same thing there...

It doesn't just "stop working" some file must have changed somewhere losing the USU5 code, perhaps includes/application_top.php or includes/functions/html_output.php.

What have you changed recently?

STS works fine with USU5 as all it does is create links .. what I am uncertain of is whether we have any instances of people using "standard" mode seo urls with STS.

Almost certainly the problem will be that standard mode seo urls are path based e.g.

/index.php/something_here

Any contribution that attempts to extract a filename from such a link using basename( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ) or basename( $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'] ) will fail as PHP_SELF does not return a filename for such a link.

your options are ..

1) See if you can find such instances in the contribution and change them.

2) Install ( unless the server already has it ) a Windows rewrite moduule like ISAPI rewrite or "the other one which I forget" there is a post in this thread somewhere and it was free.

I am using the "standard" mode, and will give it a try on "traditional" and use ISAPI Rewrite or the other method you said was mentioned earlier. I will report with my findings and/or errors/problems. Thanks for the Help and suggestions:)

Edited by acer88

Linux or Windows Server?

What is the PHP version?

What is the rewite type you are using?

I just checked, it's a linux server and PHP version 5. Hosting's by GoDaddy. I don't understand your question about the rewrite type...where do I find this information?

I just checked, it's a linux server and PHP version 5. Hosting's by GoDaddy. I don't understand your question about the rewrite type...where do I find this information?

There are other topics in this thread re: GoDaddy they have odd settings and may not even support RewriteRules in .htaccess, they also don't seem to allow path based URIs. ( standard urls )

Google:

site:oscommerce.com ultimate seo urls 5 godaddy

Hi Robert,

Everything works fine since a couple of weeks now.

One issue though I just discovered on Google Webmaster Tools. I get about 1000 404 errors of this kind:

http://www.xxx.com/-p-10298%3FosCsid%3Ddd127de0953c86958d63321b2d490136.html?language=en

Any idea where this could come from?

Andybird

Edited by Andybird

Hi Robert,

Everything works fine since a couple of weeks now.

One issue though I just discovered on Google Webmaster Tools. I get about 1000 404 errors of this kind:

http://www.xxx.com/-p-10298%3FosCsid%3Ddd127de0953c86958d63321b2d490136.html?language=en

Any idea where this could come from?

Andybird

Hi

I've seen similar to those ( osCsid before the .html ) in the support thread for the old series 2 seo urls ( 2.2-2d ) but that couldn't happen in USU5 to my current knowledge.

Can you replicate any of these urls on your site or could they be legacy (old) urls?

Hi

I've seen similar to those ( osCsid before the .html ) in the support thread for the old series 2 seo urls ( 2.2-2d ) but that couldn't happen in USU5 to my current knowledge.

Can you replicate any of these urls on your site or could they be legacy (old) urls?

Google got the error on January 23 this year. I actually never installed old series 2 seo urls. I installed USU 5 a couple of weeks ago...

What do you mean by replicating any of these urls?

Hi

Also got this kind of urls among the 404 Google errors:

http://www.xxx.com/-p-10161?osCsid.html

Also got this kind of urls among the 404 Google errors:

http://www.xxx.com/-p-10161?osCsid.html

Very odd indeed, obviously USU5 is correct to 404 these the question is where they came from.

Perhaps when you were first setting it up and had to sort out the language issues .. very bad luck to be indexed at that specific point. the ?osCsid.html concerns me though.

Could these links be in a sitemap?

Very odd indeed, obviously USU5 is correct to 404 these the question is where they came from.

Perhaps when you were first setting it up and had to sort out the language issues .. very bad luck to be indexed at that specific point. the ?osCsid.html concerns me though.

Could these links be in a sitemap?

Didn't supply any sitemap to Google yet...

Didn't supply any sitemap to Google yet...

Just looked through your site and can't see any issues there.

It doesn't just "stop working" some file must have changed somewhere losing the USU5 code, perhaps includes/application_top.php or includes/functions/html_output.php.

What have you changed recently?

Nothing was changed on my end... For some reason they (host) did an apache upgrade and didn't include the mod_rewrite... They installed that module and everything works again..

Oh to be able to get a private server..

Nothing was changed on my end... For some reason they (host) did an apache upgrade and didn't include the mod_rewrite... They installed that module and everything works again..

Oh to be able to get a private server..

Uggggh so you get a non working site for a couple of days .. just great service!!

Hello Robert,

I just implemented your contribution to my website and everything works perfectly with the exception now that whenever I click on the button details for each product it gives me "Product not found". My shop is not in the root of the website, is actually installed inside another directory, should this cause a problem or is something I did wrong on the code? Thanks for the help.

Roberto Filho

Hello Robert,

I just implemented your contribution to my website and everything works perfectly with the exception now that whenever I click on the button details for each product it gives me "Product not found". My shop is not in the root of the website, is actually installed inside another directory, should this cause a problem or is something I did wrong on the code? Thanks for the help.

Roberto Filho

I'm afraid I don't understand the problem "whenever I click on the button details for each product" makes no sense to me, does it work when you click on a category?

I'm afraid I don't understand the problem "whenever I click on the button details for each product" makes no sense to me, does it work when you click on a category?

Hi again Robert,

Sorry for the english, whenever I click on a menu category, it brings me ok to the right page with all the items for that category but when I click on "detail" to see more info about that item, it takes me to a "Product not found" page, even though the info is in the database and it was there before the implementation of the contribution. I am just wondering if I should make any other change to the Product_info.php page as well. Thank you for the fast reply.

You can see what I mena here:

http://www.accessories-iphone.com/iphoneaccessory/product_info.php

Roberto Filho

Edited by rmourao

Hi again Robert,

Sorry for the english, whenever I click on a menu category, it brings me ok to the right page with all the items for that category but when I click on "detail" to see more info about that item, it takes me to a "Product not found" page, even though the info is in the database and it was there before the implementation of the contribution. I am just wondering if I should make any other change to the Product_info.php page as well. Thank you for the fast reply.

You can see what I mena here:

http://www.accessories-iphone.com/iphoneaccessory/product_info.php

Roberto Filho

I can't see as seo urls are off.

Hi,

Sorry if I am repeating the question, but I could not find the answer anywhere in this thread.

I have just installed the latest version of Ultimate SEO Urls 5, everything appears to be working except that I am receiving at the bottom of the product info page the warning message:

Warning: file_put_contents(/.....includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache/1_usucache.cache) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /...../includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 35

I could not find the directory "cache" in the "uploads" folder, nor in the "drop on top" folder. I have read that the "cache" folder needs to be writeable but do I need to create the folder manually?

I expect it is something I have missed - as with most problems people have, but would love some advice please.

Many thanks