• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Hi there

I've just installed this excellent contrib and have a 404 error when I click on any category - this is the URL:

http://www.mysite.co.uk/index.php/categoryname-c-56?infoBox=0&osCsid=8fj4976ms5hsi4k5v2r5dueum6

Any insight would be gratefully received.

thanks, project2016

I would assume that it is products as well as categories. It means that either you haven't added the .htaccess code correctly or that your host does not support RewriteRules. All the information you need is in this thread.

i got a problem installing when i goto installer.php i get this error

Notice: Use of undefined constant E_DEPRECATED - assumed 'E_DEPRECATED'

in line 21 in installer.php

Ok you have an old(ish) version of PHP5 open up the installer.php file.

Find (near the top)..

error_reporting( E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED );

Replace with ..

if ( defined( 'E_DEPRECATED' ) ) {
 error_reporting( E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE ^ E_DEPRECATED );
} else {
 error_reporting( E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE );
}

Thanks for pointing it out I'll change it on newer versions.

Ok you have an old(ish) version of PHP5 open up the installer.php file.

Find (near the top)..

error_reporting( E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED );

Replace with ..

if ( defined( 'E_DEPRECATED' ) ) {
 error_reporting( E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE ^ E_DEPRECATED );
} else {
 error_reporting( E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE );
}

Thanks for pointing it out I'll change it on newer versions.

just some extra info. (incase it helps with bug finding

my php is 5.2.6

on windows iis 6

(it may of been cuased due to the fact that i have not got the configure.php file in the includes folder.)

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

I modified the .htacces and moved it to website.ext/oscommerce/catalog

and in the .htacces i did: /oscommerce/catalog.

Now if i enable it and click on a prodcut i get a 404 error?

What must i do to fix this!?

the instructions are clear on RewriteBase

and in the .htacces i did: /oscommerce/catalog.

did what where? nowhere in the instructions does it say to do anything like /oscommerce/catalog

If you are talking about RewriteRules and your shop is accessed like www.mysite.com/oscommerce/catalog/

Then the RewriteBase would be (as in the instructions)

RewriteBase /oscommerce/catalog/

just some extra info. (incase it helps with bug finding

my php is 5.2.6

on windows iis 6

I'm not aware of any bugs to find.

it may of been cuased due to the fact that i have not got the configure.php file in the includes folder

osCommerce simply wont function without that file.

I would assume that it is products as well as categories. It means that either you haven't added the .htaccess code correctly or that your host does not support RewriteRules. All the information you need is in this thread.

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply. From my front page (www.mysite.co.uk) when I click on the category I get the 404. This is what's displayed in the URL:

www-dot-mysite-dot-co-dot-uk/index.php/categoryname-c-56?infoBox=0&osCsid=fbjivgm1ncurd5lctgm3f7ub42

I'm happy using Standard Seo Urls for now (does not require mod_rewrite), so I understand from reading the instructions very slowly and very carefully that I don't need to modify .htaccess. I therefore assume that my host does not need to support RewriteRules if I am happy using the Standard Seo URLs. But after it didn't work, I did update .htaccess anyway - I renamed mine (full of security fixes) and uploaded yours, with RewriteBase / as my site is in the root (see below).

Before installing yours I deinstalled SEO URLs 2 manually, by reversing the instructions to install, replacing the code, then using your tool to remove the db tables. I have a heavily customised site so using the original files is not really an option.

So, I still get the 404. Can you offer any further suggestions - anything gratefully received.

Project2016

this is my .htaccess (same as yours funnily enough!)

# If you are getting errors you may need to comment this out like ..

# Options +FollowSymLinks

Options +FollowSymLinks

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase instructions

# Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.

# http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/

# Change RewriteBase using the instructions above

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Articles contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Information pages

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Links contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Newsdesk contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

</IfModule>

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply. From my front page (www.mysite.co.uk) when I click on the category I get the 404.

With standard uri .htaccess is irrelevant, I would need to see your site as there are no currently known issues.

Try accessing your site like www.mysite.com/index.php/test

If you get a 404 your hosting does not allow path based uris

Edited by FWR Media

I just tried www.mysite.com/index.php/test and I get the 404. I would be surprised if GoDaddy didn't allow path based urls. The only other thing I can think of is that I have lots of contribs installed. Particular ones that come to mind that might interfere are Mopics and More Categories, hence the infobox=0 and infobox=1 in the URL, etc. Any thoughts?

Would switching on debug reporting help?

Graham

I just tried www.mysite.com/index.php/test and I get the 404. I would be surprised if GoDaddy didn't allow path based urls. The only other thing I can think of is that I have lots of contribs installed. Particular ones that come to mind that might interfere are Mopics and More Categories, hence the infobox=0 and infobox=1 in the URL, etc. Any thoughts?

Would switching on debug reporting help?

Graham

Nope .. if index.php/test doesn't work then you either have to live without path based uris or get another host.

Nope .. if index.php/test doesn't work then you either have to live without path based uris or get another host.

Ok thanks for your reply Robert, by the way the old version of SEO URLs (chemo) didn't work either which is why I ungraded to php5.2.5 and installed yours!

Has anyone else got this contribution working on a GoDaddy hosted server?

Thanks,

Project2016

Ok thanks for your reply Robert, by the way the old version of SEO URLs (chemo) didn't work either which is why I ungraded to php5.2.5 and installed yours!

Has anyone else got this contribution working on a GoDaddy hosted server?

Thanks,

Project2016

Change hosts, the web is full of GoDaddy not working for rewrites etc.

Change hosts, the web is full of GoDaddy not working for rewrites etc.

Thanks for the advice, its not the first time I've been on the point of moving away from GoDaddy due to some other issues. But if I'm not using rewrites in .htaccess, standard path based urls should work no?

***** is the time for the cron to run, in most panels you just need to add the wget bit as the times are done separately.

Ok that makes sense, is this the correct command?

wget -q http://www.tougetuning.com/testsite/googlesitemap/index.php >/dev/null 2>&1

99375522.png

after i click Install nothing happens.

I've closed all windows before this and then i went directly to installer.php

I have no examples of this happeneing except where browser windows are still open and therefore the session retained.

Try making the change in this post

Thanks for the advice, its not the first time I've been on the point of moving away from GoDaddy due to some other issues. But if I'm not using rewrites in .htaccess, standard path based urls should work no?

Yes it should. BUT .. as we established .. your host does not accept path based uris.

And where must i copy the code? the htaces file?

In my root of my website or in my Catalog directory?

If in Catalog map, must i overwrite it then? Or must i compare them?

Presuming you are talking about the changes to .htaccess, these are done in your SHOP root directory (where product_info.php lives)

Ok that makes sense, is this the correct command?

wget -q http://www.tougetuning.com/testsite/googlesitemap/index.php >/dev/null 2>&1

Yup .. looks fine.

Hi guys,

I've got a liltle question, I have installed Ultimate SEO Url 5, but I get a small problem, i follow the installguide but something is wrong.

After I open the shop, i see only an empty site, without any error messages. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

This files make this:

-html_output.php

-application_top.php

btw:

sry for than english is not good i know^^

Hi guys,

I've got a liltle question, I have installed Ultimate SEO Url 5, but I get a small problem, i follow the installguide but something is wrong.

After I open the shop, i see only an empty site, without any error messages. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

This files make this:

-html_output.php

-application_top.php

btw:

sry for than english is not good i know^^

A blank site tells me nothing except that you obviously made an error in the install somewhere.

To attempt to see errors try turning Gzip off in admin and temporarily do the following in catalog/includes/application_top.php

Find ..

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

Change (TEMPORARILY) to ..

//error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);
 // REMOVE ME
 error_reporting( E_ALL | E_STRICT );
 // REMOVE ME

Your site should then output errors.

I have no examples of this happeneing except where browser windows are still open and therefore the session retained.

Try making the change in this post

no i have such an error

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(C:\xampp\tmp/sess_63856960d496d8c4ec7382637c502a7f, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /installer.php on line 27

some of the files were modified on my local installation. I use for it Appache firends Xamp.

can you help me with that

A blank site tells me nothing except that you obviously made an error in the install somewhere.

To attempt to see errors try turning Gzip off in admin and temporarily do the following in catalog/includes/application_top.php

Find ..

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

Change (TEMPORARILY) to ..

//error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);
 // REMOVE ME
 error_reporting( E_ALL | E_STRICT );
 // REMOVE ME

Your site should then output errors.

Hi thx for help,

but I take an older vision, it works yet.