• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

That means that the character conversion file is not being loaded and therefore the replacements are not being made.

After which all non ASCII characters are removed by the system.

Try the following to debug it ..

includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php

Find ..

private static function characterConversionSet(){
   // Check to see if there is a character conversion language file before trying the admin settings
   $character_conv_filepath = self::$usuPath . 'includes' .  DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR  . 'character_conversion' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . self::$language . '.php';
   if ( is_readable( $character_conv_filepath ) ) {
     include_once $character_conv_filepath;
     if ( isset( $char_convert ) && is_array( $char_convert ) && !empty( $char_convert ) ) {
       return $char_convert;
     }
   }
   if ( defined( 'SEO_URLS_CHAR_CONVERT_SET' ) && tep_not_null( SEO_URLS_CHAR_CONVERT_SET ) ) {
     self::$character_conversion = array();
     $comma_separation = explode( ',', SEO_URLS_CHAR_CONVERT_SET );
     foreach ( $comma_separation as $index => $value_pairs ) {
       $pairs = @explode( '=>', $value_pairs );
       self::$character_conversion[trim($pairs[0])] = trim($pairs[1]);
     }
     return self::$character_conversion; 
   }
   return self::$character_conversion = false;
 } // End method

Change TEMPORARILY to ..

// Check to see if there is a character conversion language file before trying the admin settings
   $character_conv_filepath = self::$usuPath . 'includes' .  DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR  . 'character_conversion' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . self::$language . '.php';
     if ( isset( $char_convert ) && is_array( $char_convert ) && !empty( $char_convert ) ) {
       return $char_convert;
     }
   }
   // REMOVE ME
   echo 'Character conversion file ' . $character_conv_filepath . ' did not load<br />Or $char_convert was not an array.';
   // REMOVE mE
   if ( defined( 'SEO_URLS_CHAR_CONVERT_SET' ) && tep_not_null( SEO_URLS_CHAR_CONVERT_SET ) ) {
     }
   }
 } // End method

Post back here what it prints out.

Nothing. No message printed. I refreshed the page, but nothing...

Nothing. No message printed. I refreshed the page, but nothing...

Ok now change it to ..

// REMOVE ME
       echo '<pre>' . print_r( $char_convert, true ) . '</pre>' . PHP_EOL;
       // REMOVE ME
       return $char_convert;
     }
   }
     }
   }
 } // End method

Very strange, the é from this is OK :

Gluck : Orphée et Eurydice. Alagna, Gamberoni. = gluck-orphee-et-eurydice-alagna-gamberoni-p-61980.html

While any other é like : Chopin : Préludes, op. 28. = chopin-prludes-op-28-p-62814.html

I post you the change in a minute.

Ok now change it to ..

// REMOVE ME
       echo '<pre>' . print_r( $char_convert, true ) . '</pre>' . PHP_EOL;
       // REMOVE ME
       return $char_convert;
     }
   }
     }
   }
 } // End method

I get the right conversion:

Array

(

[à] => a

[â] => a

[æ] => ae

[ç] => c

[é] => e

[è] => e

[ê] => e

[ë] => e

[î] => i

[ï] => i

[œ] => oe

[ô] => o

[ù] => u

[û] => u

[À] => A

[Â] => A

[Æ] => AE

[Ç] => C

[È] => E

[É] => E

[Ê] => E

[Ë] => E

[Î] => I

[Ï] => I

[Œ] => OE

[Ô] => O

[Ù] => U

[Û] => U

[€] => Euros

)

I have an odd feeling that I've missed the obvious :)

I bet the cache was already filled before you added the character conversions and you are therefore seeing legacy links.

Please remove the test code and reset the USU5 cache in admin.

I have an odd feeling that I've missed the obvious :)

I bet the cache was already filled before you added the character conversions and you are therefore seeing legacy links.

Please remove the test code and reset the USU5 cache in admin.

You were right, man! It worked... Bravissimo!

Thanks very much for the assistance.

Andybird.

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 r141 has no known issues

Just to confirm that the current version ..

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 version 1.0 [sTABLE] r141

Is entirely stable and has no known issues. This was uploaded on 10th of December 2009.

Edited by FWR Media

When I follow the corrected Googlefeeder file, I get the following error: (I didn't think I would see this after removing the 'trigger_error' line from application_top.php)

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /home/content/X/X/X/XXXXXXXX/html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 68

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/c/o/r/cornett1/html/catalog/includes/application_top.php:68) in /home/content/X/X/X/XXXXXXXX/html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/c/o/r/cornett1/html/catalog/includes/application_top.php:68) in /home/content/X/X/X/XXXXXXXX/html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /home/content/X/X/X/XXXXXXXX/html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 68

File completed: data_feed.txt

When I follow the corrected Googlefeeder file, I get the following error: (I didn't think I would see this after removing the 'trigger_error' line from application_top.php)

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/c/o/r/cornett1/html/catalog/includes/application_top.php:68) in /home/content/X/X/X/XXXXXXXX/html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/c/o/r/cornett1/html/catalog/includes/application_top.php:68) in /home/content/X/X/X/XXXXXXXX/html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

File completed: data_feed.txt

that text only exists in the application_top.php code

Hi Robert,

When adding an item with attributes to the cart,

then going to cart contents and clicking on it,

this is the resulting url:

http://www.localdev.com/public_html/product_info.php?products_id=1{4}1{3}5

which produces this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{4}1{3}5' at line 1

select * from products as p, products_description as pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.products_id = 1{4}1{3}5

[TEP STOP]

I did manage to find a "solution" from a google search but this was for SEO Urls 5 Pro for osCommerce (beta?)

involving:

Step 1: add a new true/false to the USU-init file...

@define('SEO_URLS_CART_RETURN', 'true'); // true or false

(and an additional change in shopping cart.php)

it didn't seem to work after implementing the code changes,

resetting the cache in admin/seo urls 5,

and really crossing my fingers

same url and sql error

only posting because the above "solution" suggested a possible connection

thanks for any guidance

jk

Hi Robert,

When adding an item with attributes to the cart,

then going to cart contents and clicking on it,

this is the resulting url:

http://www.localdev.com/public_html/product_info.php?products_id=1{4}1{3}5

which produces this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{4}1{3}5' at line 1

select * from products as p, products_description as pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.products_id = 1{4}1{3}5

[TEP STOP]

I did manage to find a "solution" from a google search but this was for SEO Urls 5 Pro for osCommerce (beta?)

involving:

Step 1: add a new true/false to the USU-init file...

@define('SEO_URLS_CART_RETURN', 'true'); // true or false

(and an additional change in shopping cart.php)

it didn't seem to work after implementing the code changes,

resetting the cache in admin/seo urls 5,

and really crossing my fingers

same url and sql error

only posting because the above "solution" suggested a possible connection

thanks for any guidance

jk

This issue is nothing to do with USU5 and no changes in USU5 code are necessary.

products_id in osCommerce looks like 1{4}1{3}5 when their are attributes, however when entering into a database field osCommerce code typecasts the value to INT .. like ..

(int)$products_id

This will convert 1{4}1{3}5 to (int)1

Your osCommerce code must be missing the type cast.

Hy I have a strange problem I have installed the contribution but product links are redirected to index

You can see this at: http://bit.ly/6aPwpE

The .htaccess

# If you are getting errors you may need to comment this out like ..

# Options +FollowSymLinks

Options +FollowSymLinks

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase instructions

# Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.

# http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/

# Change RewriteBase using the instructions above

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Articles contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Information pages

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Links contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Newsdesk contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

</IfModule>

Hy I have a strange problem I have installed the contribution but product links are redirected to index

You can see this at: http://bit.ly/6aPwpE

The .htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Articles contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Information pages

# Links contribution

# Newsdesk contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

</IfModule>

This is nothing to do with USU5, you have a badly written redirect script (.htaccess or other) that is redirecting www.mysite.com/ to www.mysite.com/index.php this script is also redirecting the seo urls.

I just had the following error oppening the large image popup, first when the small window has opened (no image dispayed, just the error), then on the whole site. I had to close the navigator and reopen it. I presume it has nothing to do with SEO, but more with the session expiration), although I didn't experienced this before installing SEO:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in xxxxxxxxxxx\includes\application_top.php on line 358

Here is my code:

if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

$broken_navigation = $navigation;

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

$navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);

}

} else {

tep_session_register('navigation');

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

}

$navigation->add_current_page();

I just recreated the error, by trying to open the popup after about 24 minutes of inactivity (my PHP session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440).

As an appendix, I remember having an issue long time ago with the session causing an Error of the same kind, by altering the follwing code as follows:

$back = count($navigation->path)-2;

/*if (isset($navigation->path[$back])) {*/

$button_continue = '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping1.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; /* } */

I have altered the code, because sometimes (I never understood why), the Continue button was not displayed, although there was certainly a history in navaigation as I had oppened several pages on the site before. After reverting, the error disapered. Never understood why either, as this code doesn't seem to write on the database but just to read the session history. There is certainly something I'm missing here...

Andybird

I just had the following error oppening the large image popup, first when the small window has opened (no image dispayed, just the error), then on the whole site. I had to close the navigator and reopen it. I presume it has nothing to do with SEO, but more with the session expiration), although I didn't experienced this before installing SEO:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in xxxxxxxxxxx\includes\application_top.

Andybird

Nothing to do with USU5 Andrei search Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in google.

Hi,

Is it possible to have the sql rather then using the php install.

With best regards

Fabian

I don't offer an sql install because it means selecting a ridiculous configuration group id and makes a mockery of the auto increment whereas the installer does this correctly.

Edited by FWR Media

I don't offer an sql install because it means selecting a ridiculous configuration group id and makes a mockery of the auto increment whereas the installer does this correctly.

Heh... we're on the same boat... You just hit the nail on the head for my reason to ask for the sql. I do sql's manually to keep every aspect clean. Maybe you could pm me with the file :thumbsup:

Cheers Fab

Heh... we're on the same boat... You just hit the nail on the head for my reason to ask for the sql. I do sql's manually to keep every aspect clean. Maybe you could pm me with the file :thumbsup:

Cheers Fab

There is no SQL file Fab it is all done by the installer .. don't fear :) it is well tested and won't hurt a database and your configuration_group auto increment will remain intact.

Edited by FWR Media

Thanks, I trust you on that.

Just the last quick question. Is it possible to have Jack's Header Tags SEO v3.1.8 running as well with your contrib.

Would it conflict.

I am just starting a new cart... to feature the latest do's :rolleyes: basis your contrib as a first... :D

Cheers Fab

Thanks, I trust you on that.

Just the last quick question. Is it possible to have Jack's Header Tags SEO v3.1.8 running as well with your contrib.

Would it conflict.

I am just starting a new cart... to feature the latest do's :rolleyes: basis your contrib as a first... :D

Cheers Fab

Header tags won't be affected by USU5. .. BUT :) you could beta test KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta Tags for me.

If you fancy trying it is a super quick install, post in the dev thread and I'll pm you a download link.

Thanks,

I have search all the files and i just cant find the script :-( much more strange is that no one had this problem :-?

Maby someone good in php knows why templatemonster and Ultimate Seo don't work together

Anyway - Thanks

This is nothing to do with USU5, you have a badly written redirect script (.htaccess or other) that is redirecting www.mysite.com/ to www.mysite.com/index.php this script is also redirecting the seo urls.

Thanks,

I have search all the files and i just cant find the script :-( much more strange is that no one had this problem :-?

Maby someone good in php knows why templatemonster and Ultimate Seo don't work together

Anyway - Thanks

It's possibly in .htaccess post the file here and I'll check.

It's possibly in .htaccess post the file here and I'll check.

Options +FollowSymLinks

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

# Articles contribution

# Information pages

# Links contribution

# Newsdesk contribution

</IfModule>

Options +FollowSymLinks

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

# Articles contribution

# Information pages

# Links contribution

# Newsdesk contribution

</IfModule>

No if that is your complete .htaccess then it is not in there, it is somewhere in the site coding, perhaps ask the template creators?