• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

This was discussed here before.

I am using the Link Manager II contrib in the latest version and your SEO URLs at the same time.

Since I changed to the SEO URLs 5, my links categories are no longer accessible.

The links category overview is shown, but when clicking on one of the links, I get an error

about the URL can`t be found.

I have already checked this thread but haven`t found an answer working for my problem, as the

links URLs seems to be right:

.net/links.php?&lPath=0_2

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thank you

Yes I've seen this before the links contribution has an error in the code producing links.php?&lPath=0_2. You would need to ask for a solution in the thread for that contribution.

I've installed this contrib and the standard setting works. However the rewrite setting does not. I get a 404 not found error on the page when I click any links within the page. I emailed my hosting and they say that AllowOveride is set to all and mod_rewrite is on. My hosting server is a shared Linux box. I can't seen to find what you want me to change in the .htaccess file. Can you help?

I've installed this contrib and the standard setting works. However the rewrite setting does not. I get a 404 not found error on the page when I click any links within the page. I emailed my hosting and they say that AllowOveride is set to all and mod_rewrite is on. My hosting server is a shared Linux box. I can't seen to find what you want me to change in the .htaccess file. Can you help?

you have not added the required code to the root .htaccess file it seems.

The code to add to catalog/.htaccess is in the file extras/htaccess.txt beware of the RewriteBase setting.

Is there any google feed module that works with ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5? I have been using GoogleBase V 2.5 and it was working with Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-5 previously. The images are not shown up on Google. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Any contribution which uses the correct tep_href_link() function to produce links will work with USU5.

googlefeeder is yet another contribution hijacked by Jack that doesn't use the correct osCommerce functionality. In this case he has hardcoded in series 2 seo urls again just like he did with the XML sitemap.

The XML sitemap I have corrected and the revised files can be found in the contribution, I'll probably have to do the same with this.

I feel like I spend more time correcting the contributions he has mucked around with than writing my own.

Edited by FWR Media

Thanks for the quick reply.

Any contribution which uses the correct tep_href_link() function to produce links will work with USU5.

googlefeeder is yet another contribution hijacked by Jack that doesn't use the correct osCommerce functionality. In this case he has hardcoded in series 2 seo urls again just like he did with the XML sitemap.

The XML sitemap I have corrected and the revised files can be found in the contribution, I'll probably have to do the same with this.

I feel like I spend more time correcting the contributions he has mucked around with than writing my own.

Is there any google feed module that works with ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5? I have been using GoogleBase V 2.5 and it was working with Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-5 previously. The images are not shown up on Google. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have added a new googlefeeder.php file. (just the one file not a complete package) to the googlefeeder contribution, I have also added this changed file to the extras folder of future USU5 and 5 PRO packages.

It was a bit "thrown together" but should achieve the following: -

Includes the correct application_top and application_bottom files and therefore can use all standard functions including any other url rewriter (like ultimate seo urls 5) not just the old series 2 seo urls.

The only change needed other than swapping out this file would be the way you write the cron job as follows: -

* * * * * wget -q http://www.mysite.com/possible_directory/googlefeeder.php >/dev/null

Edited by FWR Media

It's not working. There is no output file.

when you say there is no outfile what do you mean exactly?

is there no file in the root /feeds/ directory or was it just the link to the file?

There is no output file in the /feeds/ directory.

Did you get any errors, it works on my system.

you have not added the required code to the root .htaccess file it seems.

The code to add to catalog/.htaccess is in the file extras/htaccess.txt beware of the RewriteBase setting.

Thanks! I wasn't sure where the code was. But now I've added it and it works perfectly! You're a savior.

jailshell-3.2$ wget -q http://www.XXXXXX.com/XXXXXX/googlefeeder.php >/dev/null

jailshell: !/googlefeeder.php: event not found

I got the above error. The path is correct. I do not want to reveal my domain and admin directory so I replace it with Xs for this post.

no need to reveal your Xs it works the same as a browesr as it is http.

If you can browse to http://www.XXXXXX.com/XXXXXX/googlefeeder.php then wget can access it.

Take out the `!` in the password --- it's a reserved character, like > | % etc.

Edited by FWR Media

Re: information pages you are using a very old version.

Re:all products

There is a known error in all products see post ..

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/336702-ultimate-seo-urls-5-by-fwr-media/page__view__findpost__p__1463806

Re: Google XML Sitemap SEO

There are two replacement files for this in the extras directory.

Thank You, information pages now work.

But 3 Points:

1. allprods.php: It´s a own version, with no entry in filenames.php or a language file:

Here the source:

<body  bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<?php
     $products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added from (" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p , " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c) left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '2' left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id and products_status = '1' order by pd.products_name");
     while($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query))
           { 
           $artikelnummer = $products['products_id'] + 100000;
           echo $artikelnummer .' - <a href="'. tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id='. $products['products_id']). '">' . $products['products_name'].'</a><br>';
             }        
?> 
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?>

</body> 

Can you please explain me, why this doesn´t work? Also to know it for the future and other contribs, so I don´t have to ask anymore.

2. GoogleSitemaps: For which Contrib are the both files? If I start the www.testhop/googlesitemap/index.php nothing happens. Where should the XML File be or need this both files another files from an existing contribution?

My Google Sitemap, what I use till now, is only 1 file.

3. text markers, ankers (sorry, I don´t know the english word for it) only works on the second klick on it. So the FAQ-Desk Contrib doesn´t work very well.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your invaluable contributions and concise instructions.

The unexpected tidbit on adding www.localdev.com to host was very

astute and makes me ironically grateful for the snafu that led

me here, which is, when testing locally, (using rc2a and SEO 5 r141)

on the manufacturers page, the buy now button generates this querystring:

http://www.localdev.com/public_html/microsoft-m-2.html?products_id=26&action=buy_now&sort=2a.

This fails to add the product to the cart. When the amp; is

removed from the string (both), it does work. When SEO 5 is disabled, the

querystring does not have the amp; occurences. Is this because xampp uses

php 5.3 or did I goof up somewhere? (I've made a career of doing that!)

Also in regards to updating from r84, is it necessary to do it incrementally

r84 to r89 to r96 to r119 to r141 or can it be done in one fell swoop,

r84 to r141? Having taken the scenic route for the localhost site, I'm

wondering if I could have taken the Express. Thanks for your insight.

jk

the buy now button generates this querystring:

http://www.localdev.com/public_html/microsoft-m-2.html?products_id=26&action=buy_now&sort=2a.

This fails to add the product to the cart. When the amp; is

removed from the string (both), it does work. When SEO 5 is disabled, the

querystring does not have the amp; occurences.

I have seen this issue before which was double encoding of & I have yet to find the contribution that is causing the issue and would like to get it sorted .. could you run some tests for me please?

P.S: Is it possible to reduce this Contrib only for the catalog sites (index.php and product_info.php) and no rewrite for all contribs?

Yes you just remove the modules from the modules directory . . USU5 only creates seo urls for the modules in place, although why you would want to do this escapes me.

Thank You, information pages now work.

But 3 Points:

1. allprods.php: It´s a own version, with no entry in filenames.php or a language file:

Here the source:

<?php
     $products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added from (" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p , " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c) left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '2' left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id and products_status = '1' order by pd.products_name");
           { 
           $artikelnummer = $products['products_id'] + 100000;
           echo $artikelnummer .' - <a href="'. tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id='. $products['products_id']). '">' . $products['products_name'].'</a><br>';
             }        
?> 
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE) . '</a>'; ?>

</body> 

Can you please explain me, why this doesn´t work? Also to know it for the future and other contribs, so I don´t have to ask anymore.

2. GoogleSitemaps: For which Contrib are the both files? If I start the www.testhop/googlesitemap/index.php nothing happens. Where should the XML File be or need this both files another files from an existing contribution?

My Google Sitemap, what I use till now, is only 1 file.

3. text markers, ankers (sorry, I don´t know the english word for it) only works on the second klick on it. So the FAQ-Desk Contrib doesn´t work very well.

1) What do you mean "doesn't work? that's not descriptive enough to comment. If this is a root file it is not even including the required bootstrap (includes/application_top.php and application_bottom.php,

2) The contribution is http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6583

3) FAQ desk does not currently have a module to produce seo urls so should currently just produce standard urls, I'll write a module for this one soon.

although why you would want to do this escapes me.

Because I don´t need it at all contributions and it would solve some troubles.

1) What do you mean "doesn't work? that's not descriptive enough to comment. If this is a root file it is not even including the required bootstrap (includes/application_top.php and application_bottom.php,

2) The contribution is http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6583

3) FAQ desk does not currently have a module to produce seo urls so should currently just produce standard urls, I'll write a module for this one soon.

1: Of course this is includet (the skript works normal with USU= off), the script is on www.testhop.cc/allprods.php.

With USU=On, the site needs some seconds, than the browser says ready, but nothing to see.

2: Thank you, I will install this version

3: I have seen now, this is also with USU=off. Ok, I have to search on other place.

Hi Robert,

I'm running Chemos ultimate SEO Url v2.xx on a production Store.

I've URL like : http://mystore.com/parentcat/childcat/product-p-123.html

The version I have is too old and dont let me make a redirect when the product name change or the category name. I've tested newer versions but without luck to have the same like before for me (I've tweaked it and can't do the same on newer versions)

So why not trying your contribution USU 5 PRO.

1- do you think I could make URLs like I want (little shortest)with USU 5 ? :

Product URL : http://mystore.com/childcat/product-p-123.html

Childcategory URL : http://mystore.com/parentcat/childcat-c-15_46.html

Parent Category URL : http://mystore.com/Parentcat-c-15.html

2- Have I to use USU 5 Pro (where to download it ? On your contribution page I dont see the Pro version ? )

or the Ultimate Seo url v2.1d Stable Final r164 ?

Thanks!

Seb

Osc 2.2 MS2

Hi Robert,

I'm running Chemos ultimate SEO Url v2.xx on a production Store.

I've URL like : http://mystore.com/parentcat/childcat/product-p-123.html

The version I have is too old and dont let me make a redirect when the product name change or the category name. I've tested newer versions but without luck to have the same like before for me (I've tweaked it and can't do the same on newer versions)

So why not trying your contribution USU 5 PRO.

1- do you think I could make URLs like I want (little shortest)with USU 5 ? :

Product URL : http://mystore.com/childcat/product-p-123.html

Childcategory URL : http://mystore.com/parentcat/childcat-c-15_46.html

Parent Category URL : http://mystore.com/Parentcat-c-15.html

2- Have I to use USU 5 Pro (where to download it ? On your contribution page I dont see the Pro version ? )

or the Ultimate Seo url v2.1d Stable Final r164 ?

Thanks!

Seb

Hi Seb

You would need Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO, it is currently in development but at the release stage.

If you fancy testing it go here

If you post there I'll pm you a link to download.

Being french you may also make good use of the multi language SEO features.

Re: Ultimate Seo url v2.1d Stable Final r164 this is just a stabilised version of the old seo urls which in my opinion is dead, you need PHP5.2.X to run USU5.

This google_sitemap Contrib also works only with USU off.....

I have uploadet the two files from the extras/googlesitemap.

Again the question: Why does such a simple script not work (I need to know it for the future for my own coded scripts):

alleprodukte.php:

<?php require('includes/application_top.php'); ?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> 
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>> 
<head><title>Alle Produkte</title></head>
<?php
echo 'Test';
           {
           echo $products['products_id'] .' - <a href="'. tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id='. $products['products_id']). '">' . $products['products_name'].'</a><br>';
           }
?> 
</body></html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?> 

With USU off it´s work, with USU on there is nothing to see in the browser, also no echo 'Test' will be executed.

Why does tep_href_link in this little skript stop all echo´s?

I have seen this issue before which was double encoding of & I have yet to find the contribution that is causing the issue and would like to get it sorted .. could you run some tests for me please?

Yes, happy to... which ones? Just a wild guess,

should there be something in htaccess to remove amp; for manufacturers page?

Also noticed a problem with hyphenated names (eg all-products.php)

I changed the name to all_products_seo.php and it works.

Also getting an error for articles box

Warning: Usu_Articles Incorrect tPath presented: in C:\server\xampp\htdocs\public_html\includes\modules\ultimate_seo_urls5\modules\Usu_Articles.php on line 126

(this is the code block in Usu_Articles.php that includes line 126)

// Sanity check - if the $base_path is not numeric then we dump it

if ( false === is_numeric( $base_path ) ) {

(line 126) trigger_error( __CLASS__ . ' Incorrect ' . self::DEPENDENCY . ' presented: ' . $valuepair[1], E_USER_WARNING );

return false;

}

I suspect it may be due to another hyphenated name: articles-topics.php

and rather than changing that name, thought there might be a more

all-encompassing solution to accommodate hyphenated names.

If there are any specific tests, please let me know, meanwhile I'll continue to look for

a remedy on my end and in case of a miracle will post tout suite

also can r84 be updated to r141 without, as the hitchhikers guide puts it,

"all the tedious mucking about in hyperspace" ?

jk