• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

I am trying to setup psudo pages ( from header tags seo ) on my links manager ii and in the instructions for that are as follows

(The page name must be entered as it appears on the page, with the root page included. For example, if Articles Manager is installed, the root page for articles is article_info.php. The additional articles would have an ID, like articles_id=2. So to add such a page, you would enter article_info.php?articles_id=2.)

so why i am asking here i tried to disable ultimate seo urls so that i couold see what the actual url is to create the psudo pages and i get this error on my site

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

when i asked jack about it he said i had to disable ultimate seo urls but cant seem do that.

so my question is how can i find out what the true url is for my links pages or what do i need to do to set up psudo pages for the links pages if i am using ultimate seo url's

thanks in advance

I am trying to setup psudo pages ( from header tags seo ) on my links manager ii and in the instructions for that are as follows

(The page name must be entered as it appears on the page, with the root page included. For example, if Articles Manager is installed, the root page for articles is article_info.php. The additional articles would have an ID, like articles_id=2. So to add such a page, you would enter article_info.php?articles_id=2.)

so why i am asking here i tried to disable ultimate seo urls so that i couold see what the actual url is to create the psudo pages and i get this error on my site

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

when i asked jack about it he said i had to disable ultimate seo urls but cant seem do that.

so my question is how can i find out what the true url is for my links pages or what do i need to do to set up psudo pages for the links pages if i am using ultimate seo url's

thanks in advance

Hi I can't comment on Jacks contribution but when you say ..

i tried to disable ultimate seo urls so that i couold see what the actual url is to create the psudo pages and i get this error on my site

Error! Unable to determine the page link!

How exactly did you disable USU5?

The correct method is admin > Configuration > Seo Urls 5 > Enable SEO URLs 5? > false

Made the changes Robert but no change,it made no difference> Thanks for your time. Bo

tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $p_id ) . '">'.tep_image_button("button_details.gif").'</a><br />'.tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '5').'<br /><a href="'.tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW, 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $p_id ).'">'.tep_image_button('button_add_to_cart1.gif').'</a></td></tr>

Robert the Feature is working well, but noticed the USPS mod is not working since I made these changes. Had sales on Friday using USPS so it was working before I made these last changes. I have doubled checked everything. Called uSPS to make syre production server was working. I will remove the last changes and will see if that fixes it. I looked at all the files and see no reason for it, but will post back later after I make the changes.

Thanks Bo

Edited by badbo

Robert the Feature is working well, but noticed the USPS mod is not working since I made these changes. Had sales on Friday using USPS so it was working before I made these last changes. I have doubled checked everything. Called uSPS to make syre production server was working. I will remove the last changes and will see if that fixes it. I looked at all the files and see no reason for it, but will post back later after I make the changes.

Thanks Bo

Those changes will not affect anything bar adding to cart Bo.

If USPS is not working than it suggests to me that it is being passed a link (return link?) using tep_href_link(). Have you tried USPS with the W3C option set to false?

Those changes will not affect anything bar adding to cart Bo.

If USPS is not working than it suggests to me that it is being passed a link (return link?) using tep_href_link(). Have you tried USPS with the W3C option set to false?

I know what it means but have no clue where to change it.

Thanks for your time Robert

Bo

I know what it means but have no clue where to change it.

Thanks for your time Robert

Bo

Bo I'm happy to help m8 but I have to draw the support line under things that are intrinsic to the install.

admin > Configuration > Seo Urls 5 > Output W3C valid URLs? > false

Bo I'm happy to help m8 but I have to draw the support line under things that are intrinsic to the install.

admin > Configuration > Seo Urls 5 > Output W3C valid URLs? > false

No problem I will look for the problem and see what I can come up with. I have nothing to do at nights anyway. at age 60 I forget lots of things.

Thanks Robert

Bo

No problem I will look for the problem and see what I can come up with. I have nothing to do at nights anyway. at age 60 I forget lots of things.

Thanks Robert

Bo

I'm no "spring chicken" :)

[edit]I forget we are not the same language[/edit]

Spring chicken

Edited by FWR Media

Hi I can't comment on Jacks contribution but when you say ..

How exactly did you disable USU5?

The correct method is admin > Configuration > Seo Urls 5 > Enable SEO URLs 5? > false

yepp that is exactly what i did then no matter what page i go to on my site i get the error no pages at all

yepp that is exactly what i did then no matter what page i go to on my site i get the error no pages at all

Bill .. I can't replicate this issue .. on a fresh RC2a install ( and all other installs I have *nix and WinDoze ) there is no problem it reverts to standard osC urls.

Is there a site I can view with the issue current?

Bill .. I can't replicate this issue .. on a fresh RC2a install ( and all other installs I have *nix and WinDoze ) there is no problem it reverts to standard osC urls.

Is there a site I can view with the issue current?

yes absolutly if you will contact me via email at [email protected] i will share my login info so you can take a look

Hi, I too like this contribution and have installed it locally before moving it to the live site. I am having to ask a follow up question to the one as quoted below (couple of pages back) because I am seeing similar behavour but the recommended solution does not resolve the issue

Hi Frans

Glad you like it.

Sorry you experienced a problem but the code is correct. You only have $listing[$x]['products_id'] because your products_listing.php file is modified.

Perhaps the instructions should be changed to search and replace just ..

tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))

to ..

tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id'))

the problem with doing this is that if I don't give the full line of code people/users tend to get it wrong as they don't understand embedding PHP within HTML.

For me the Buy Now didn't work either.

Action taken: Replaced products_listing.php file in my installation with drop-on-top products_listing.php file from contribution

Behaviour: Clicking 'Buy Now' refreshes the index.php with 'bought now' product name at the top of the list but does not add to shopping cart (in fact it doesn't even move to shopping cart)

Action taken: Added [$x] to (drop-on-top) producst_listing.php file

Behaviour: Shopping cart appears but does not add selected product to it (so empty shopping cart stays empty, existing shopping cart stays as it was).

Action taken: Scratch head and ask support forum - I think it may have to do with application_top (which in my site is also modified)

Any ideas? Would love to get this working on my site.

Hi, I too like this contribution and have installed it locally before moving it to the live site. I am having to ask a follow up question to the one as quoted below (couple of pages back) because I am seeing similar behavour but the recommended solution does not resolve the issue

For me the Buy Now didn't work either.

Action taken: Replaced products_listing.php file in my installation with drop-on-top products_listing.php file from contribution

Behaviour: Clicking 'Buy Now' refreshes the index.php with 'bought now' product name at the top of the list but does not add to shopping cart (in fact it doesn't even move to shopping cart)

Action taken: Added [$x] to (drop-on-top) producst_listing.php file

Behaviour: Shopping cart appears but does not add selected product to it (so empty shopping cart stays empty, existing shopping cart stays as it was).

Action taken: Scratch head and ask support forum - I think it may have to do with application_top (which in my site is also modified)

Any ideas? Would love to get this working on my site.

1) Take the products_listing file back to how it was before adding USU5

2) Hover over a buy_now button and post here the full url with all querystring.

Edited by FWR Media

First, thanks for superquick reaction.

OK - have taken products_listing back to what it was.

With SEO URLs 5 turned on:

Buy Now points to: http://localhost:8080/catalog/index.php/witte-wijnen-c-26?products_id=43&action=buy_now&sort=2a&osCsid=d0cae1543e22efed2079cb3434741515 (this doesn't achieve desired behaviour i.e. adding product(s) to shopping cart)

With SEO URLs 5 turned off: Buy Now points to: http://localhost:8080/catalog/index.php?cPath=26&sort=2a&action=buy_now&products_id=43&osCsid=d0cae1543e22efed2079cb3434741515 (this does add product(s) to shopping cart).

Thanks

First, thanks for superquick reaction.

OK - have taken products_listing back to what it was.

With SEO URLs 5 turned on:

Buy Now points to: http://localhost:8080/catalog/index.php/witte-wijnen-c-26?products_id=43&action=buy_now&sort=2a&osCsid=d0cae1543e22efed2079cb3434741515 (this doesn't achieve desired behaviour i.e. adding product(s) to shopping cart)

With SEO URLs 5 turned off: Buy Now points to: http://localhost:8080/catalog/index.php?cPath=26&sort=2a&action=buy_now&products_id=43&osCsid=d0cae1543e22efed2079cb3434741515 (this does add product(s) to shopping cart).

Thanks

The problem link has &amp; where it should be & (in source). The script doesn't create this so there must be some hardcoded & in your code.

Something like ..

tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '?products_id=yy&action=buy_now&sort=zz'

If you look at the actual source ..

<a href='http://localhost:8080/catalog/index.php/witte-wijnen-c-26?products_id=43&amp;action=buy_now&amp;sort=2a&osCsid=d0cae1543e22efed2079cb3434741515' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow'>http://localhost:808...079cb3434741515</a>

& has been double encoded.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi Robert,

you are quite right - removing (twice) the 'amp;' from the '&' from the (non-functioning URL) does result in a URL producing the correct behaviour...

Strange thing is - I cannot fathom where in the code the superfluous 'amp;' gets added...

I have isolated the code in products_listing I think does this (but only with the contribution switched on (when not on, it works correctly).

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
           $lc_align = 'center';
           $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
           break;

Hi Robert,

you are quite right - removing (twice) the 'amp;' from the '&' from the (non-functioning URL) does result in a URL producing the correct behaviour...

Strange thing is - I cannot fathom where in the code the superfluous 'amp;' gets added...

I have isolated the code in products_listing I think does this (but only with the contribution switched on (when not on, it works correctly).

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
           $lc_align = 'center';
           $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
           break;

how about further down where it is actually added to the $list_box_contents.

$list_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => $lc_align,
                                              'params' => 'class="productListing-data"',
                                              'text'  => $lc_text);

Are you sure yours doesn't have htmlspecialchars( $lc_text );

or

new productListingBox($list_box_contents); Does that perhaps have htmlspecialchars?

Another thing to check is the boxes class (includes/classes/boxes.php) Does that add htmlspecialchars to the output.

Edited by FWR Media

Robert, I sure appreciate your help on Christmas Eve (although I will shortly commence the festivities)

I really think the products_listing should be ok as I have taken it from the contribution but just to be on the safe side:

$list_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => $lc_align,
                                              'params' => 'class="productListing-data"',
                                              'text'  => $lc_text);
     }
   }

new productListingBox($list_box_contents);
 } else {
   $list_box_contents = array();

$list_box_contents[0] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');
   $list_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-data"',
                                  'text' => TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS);

new productListingBox($list_box_contents);
 }

Have replaced the boxes class by the clean osCommerce version - but alas to no avail... No doubt this will be a really simply thing, I just do not get it....

Ok, my original post got lost so writing again. Probably because I started a new topic under "/catalog/includes/configure.php error" instead of Adding a Reply?

Anyway, I'd like to thank FWR for another great contrib, easy instructions, smooth install. Thank you.

I'm getting the following WARNING on my shops front page:

"Warning: file_put_contents(/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache/1_usucache.cache) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 35"

I've done a search in this thread and have read the answer stating that DIR_FS_CATALOG should be FULL PATH in /catalog/includes/configure.php

However my path in the includes/configure.php is already "define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/');"

Could the above warning be occurring because I have;

a) A VPS? I am the admin/owner of that too,

b) /public_html has both an index.php file and a .htaccess file redirecting to http://example.com/catalog/ ?

Of relevance the cache installation went smoothly without errors, and I checked access to it by uploading a file via ftp.

Second question.

In your extras sitemap contribution you suggest adding the following to the cron jobs;

"wget -q http://www.somesite.com/folder/file.php >/dev/null 2>&1"

Do you mean for example,

"wget -q http://www.example.com/catalog/googlesitemap/index.php >/dev/null 2>&1"

and

"wget -q http://www.example.com/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php >/dev/null 2>&1"

Thank you, and merry festive season.

I'm fluent in gibberish. I've been reading gibberish since 1982.

Addendum to Second question in my post above:

I did not find instructions on how to run the sitemap extra, so I went to my sites url,

http://example.com/catalog/googlesitemap/index.php and got the following warnings

============= BEGIN WARNING MESSAGES =========================

Warning: fopen(/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/sitemapproducts.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 151

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Warning: fopen(/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/sitemapcategories.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 151

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Warning: fopen(/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/sitemapmanufacturers.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 151

ERROR: Google Manufacturers Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Google Sitemap Specials not generated - no specials found!

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 235

Warning: fopen(/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/sitemapindex.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 151

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 102

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 55

)

[MANUFACTURERS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 12

)

[sPECIALS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 0

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/sitemapmanufacturers.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[3] => Array

(

[file] => /home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/sitemapindex.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

)

)

============= END WARNING MESSAGES =========================

Aside from the mis-spelling of Categories above, I assume this is again related to whatever is causing problems with the Usu5 warnings as mentioned in my previous post above this.

Again my /includes/configure.php file reads

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/');

and similarly for the configure.php dir_fs_catalog lines in the admin folder

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/');

and

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/');

and

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/');

Should I be creating blank sitemapxxxx.xml files in the catalog folder? If so with what write permissions?

Thank you.

Should I be creating blank sitemapxxxx.xml files in the catalog folder? If so with what write permissions?

The sitemap files are replacements to two files in the SEO siteamp contribution .. you have to install that contribution if you want it to work.

I'm getting the following WARNING on my shops front page:

"Warning: file_put_contents(/home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache/1_usucache.cache) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxx/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 35"

As mentioned in the instructions .. the cache directory must be writeable.

As mentioned in the instructions .. the cache directory must be writeable.

Ok, this got me. I had the cache folder at 0755, and had tested it by writing files, editing the written files, saving them etc, all using ftp. Of course, I was logged in via the ftp :)

Well, I thought 0755 was adequate, but after your above post I went back to check your "start_here.html" instructions and it says either 0755, or 0777 depending on server. So I tried 0777 and hey presto the Warning messages have disappeared!

So thanks for the assistance. I will have to go figure what this means to my sites security, overall, but I'm hoping that because it is contained to only the cache folder, that it might be safe.

Also, it's nearly midnight here, and I will install the SEO sitemap contribution tomorrow, when I am rested, so that your extra contrib of Google sitemap also works. In your notes it states "Google XML Sitemap SEO by Chemo" which when entered into the Addons search yields contribution number http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6583. Is that the one?

Thanks again!

In your notes it states "Google XML Sitemap SEO by Chemo" which when entered into the Addons search yields contribution number http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6583. Is that the one?

Thanks again!

Yes that is Chemos contribution.