• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

This is a strange looking link. Anyone see a problem with it?

<a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id='.$p_id) . '">'.tep_image_button("button_details.gif").'</a><br />'.tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '5').'<br /><a href="'.tep_href_link("products_new.php","action=buy_now&products_id=".$p_id).'">'.tep_image_button('button_add_to_cart1.gif').'</a></td></tr>

Thanks Bo

This link is wrong ..

tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id='.$p_id)

It should be ..

tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $p_id )

The other link will work ..

tep_href_link("products_new.php","action=buy_now&products_id=".$p_id)

But should be ..

tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW, 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $p_id )

hello ther is a bug in Menu.

I have one categorie e four subcategories when I click in a categories open one windows with 4 subcategories when i click in one subcategories the menu on the left automatic close

sorry for my bad english

i hope someone help me

thak you

example

1categories---->

1subcategorie

2subcategorie

3subcategorie

4subcategorie

2categorie

3categorie

when i click in one subcategorie i go to the page of subcategorie but the menu automatic close for example

1categorie

2categorie

3categorie

the menu must be open!

thank you

I'm confused Mario, USU5 produces urls it has nothing to do with menus. As long as the menu is using the correct tep_href_link() function then USU5 will produce the correct urls.

I'm confused Mario, USU5 produces urls it has nothing to do with menus. As long as the menu is using the correct tep_href_link() function then USU5 will produce the correct urls.

ok sorry if you go to www[dot] pannello-solare-fotovoltaico[dot]com

you can view the bug click fotovoltaico

ok sorry if you go to www[dot] pannello-solare-fotovoltaico[dot]com

you can view the bug click fotovoltaico

I don't know how you've done it but those categories can't work, the categories are screwed up.

E.g. Kit Completi is cPath 26_27 but its parent category is 29 so your cPath should be 29_27.

Someone has manually modded the categories via the database it seems .. nothing to do with USU5 though.

Somehow you'll have to repair the category/parent relationship.

Edited by FWR Media

if i turn off in admin area seo urls 5 i don't have problem with menu

USU5 will have no effect on the cPath .. is it possible that you have moved the categories about but haven't reset the USU5 cache?

USU5 will have no effect on the cPath .. is it possible that you have moved the categories about but haven't reset the USU5 cache?

1146 - Table 'ECommerce.cache' doesn't exist

DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls%'

what's happened?

DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls%'

what's happened?

What are you doing?

If USU5 is installed properly you just need to go into admin ..

Configuration > Seo Urls 5 > Reset SEO URLs Cache (set to true)

What are you doing?

If USU5 is installed properly you just need to go into admin ..

Configuration > Seo Urls 5 > Reset SEO URLs Cache (set to true)

lol when i turned on in Configuration > Seo Urls 5 > Reset SEO URLs Cache, I had this

DELETE FROM cache WHERE cache_name LIKE '%seo_urls

??????

Mario you haven't followed the instructions properly .. you seem to have left in place the series 2 seo urls code. In the upgrade it states ..

catalog/ADMIN/categories.php

Find and remove ...

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1
// If the action will affect the cache entries
   if ( eregi("(insert|update|setflag)", $action) ) include_once('includes/reset_seo_cache.php');

6- Find ...

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

Replace with ...

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
   // ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 by FWR Media
   // If the action will affect the cache entries
   if ( $action == 'insert' || $action == 'update' || $action == 'setflag' ) {
     tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls('reset');
   }

You haven't done this .. you also haven't deleted the file admin/include/reset_seo_cache.php

I suggest you go back over the install in case you have missed anything else.

Oh and any more ????? posts and you get summarily ignored. I don't sit here all day waiting for Mario to post.

This link is wrong ..

tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id='.$p_id)

It should be ..

tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $p_id )

The other link will work ..

tep_href_link("products_new.php","action=buy_now&products_id=".$p_id)

But should be ..

tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW, 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $p_id )

Made the changes Robert but no change,it made no difference> Thanks for your time. Bo

tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $p_id ) . '">'.tep_image_button("button_details.gif").'</a><br />'.tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '5').'<br /><a href="'.tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW, 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $p_id ).'">'.tep_image_button('button_add_to_cart1.gif').'</a></td></tr>

Made the changes Robert but no change,it made no difference> Thanks for your time. Bo

tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $p_id ) . '">'.tep_image_button("button_details.gif").'</a><br />'.tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '5').'<br /><a href="'.tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW, 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $p_id ).'">'.tep_image_button('button_add_to_cart1.gif').'</a></td></tr>

Bo

My apologies I've only just remembered ... buy now links were never meant to have seo links, bots can't follow the link as they have no session to add to cart.

Having said that .. if you feel the need for these to be seo urls you can ..

open up catalog/products_new.php

about line 87 to 91 find ..

<tr>
           <td width="<?php echo SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH + 10; ?>" valign="top" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_new['products_image'], $products_new['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
           <td valign="top" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '"><b><u>' . $products_new['products_name'] . '</u></b></a><br>' . TEXT_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_long($products_new['products_date_added']) . '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURER . ' ' . $products_new['manufacturers_name'] . '<br><br>' . TEXT_PRICE . ' ' . $products_price; ?></td>
           <td align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a>'; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
         </tr>

change it to ..

<tr>
           <td width="<?php echo SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH + 10; ?>" valign="top" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_new['products_image'], $products_new['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>'; ?></td>
           <td valign="top" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '"><b><u>' . $products_new['products_name'] . '</u></b></a><br>' . TEXT_DATE_ADDED . ' ' . tep_date_long($products_new['products_date_added']) . '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURER . ' ' . $products_new['manufacturers_name'] . '<br><br>' . TEXT_PRICE . ' ' . $products_price; ?></td>
           <td align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a>'; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
         </tr>

A word of warning though .. at the cart pressing the "continue shopping" button will return a customer to that product and NOT back to products_new

Bo

My apologies I've only just remembered ... buy now links were never meant to have seo links, bots can't follow the link as they have no session to add to cart.

Having said that .. if you feel the need for these to be seo urls you can ..

open up catalog/products_new.php

about line 87 to 91 find ..

<tr>
           <td align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a>'; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>

change it to ..

<tr>
           <td align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $products_new['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART) . '</a>'; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>

A word of warning though .. at the cart pressing the "continue shopping" button will return a customer to that product and NOT back to products_new

Thanks Robert, I did not make the last changes you suggested for hitting the return back to the new_products, but instead I used your first suggestions and changed the first code you gave me in three files products_new.php,new_products.php and products_listing.php and all is well. The details links now show html links and the continue button at the cart returns to the new_product.php. You are a saint. If you need a windoz or nix server to test with let me know. I will set a cpanel for you and I have both free of charge. Pm me

Thanks Bo

Thanks Robert, I did not make the last changes you suggested for hitting the return back to the new_products, but instead I used your first suggestions and changed the first code you gave me in three files products_new.php,new_products.php and products_listing.php and all is well. The details links now show html links and the continue button at the cart returns to the new_product.php. You are a saint. If you need a windoz or nix server to test with let me know. I will set a cpanel for you and I have both free of charge. Pm me

Thanks Bo

You are welcome Bo, glad to have helped and that you seem happy with USU5.

Re: servers, I have them coming out of my ears .. but what I don't have is a WinDoze server to test on. So at some stage I may come knocking at your door :)

Edited by FWR Media

Thanks Bo

Thanks again just shoot me a line if you need to use one. You can use my private server it is not shared one or rented just one in the office that I do most of my work on. Have a couple sites on it but thinking about moving them to another.

Thanks Bo

Hi,

yesterday I installed this contri. All seemed to work fine.

Today I noticed it won`t work on Google Chrome. It just keeps loading, productinfo pages never show. If i turn USU off, pages show again.

Works fine in IE 8 and Firefox 3.5.3 though.

Already tried clearing all the cache and deleting Chrome cache.

Any ideas?

site www.horsewellness.nl

edit: works on my laptop with windows XP and just installed Chrome.

I use windows 7 on my desktop, maybe that's the problem. But i still don`t have a clue why...

Edited by Onnootje

Hi,

yesterday I installed this contri. All seemed to work fine.

Today I noticed it won`t work on Google Chrome. It just keeps loading, productinfo pages never show. If i turn USU off, pages show again.

Works fine in IE 8 and Firefox 3.5.3 though.

Already tried clearing all the cache and deleting Chrome cache.

Any ideas?

site www.horsewellness.nl

edit: works on my laptop with windows XP and just installed Chrome.

I use windows 7 on my desktop, maybe that's the problem. But i still don`t have a clue why...

USU5 creates urls/uris it has no effect on html and its display whatsoever.

I notice that you are using the standard seo urls as opposed to rewrite .. are you on a Windows server?

The only times where I have seen html issues are where contributions use PHP_SELF to return a filename .. PHP_SELF is the wrong variable to use for this purpose as it often incorrectly returns path based uris .. in this case the contribution (not USU5) may return incorrect html. The usual contribution causing such issues is header tags.

In header tags seo latest version there are 50 instances of the use of PHP_SELF.

Another thing that doesn`t seem to work correctly is the short words filter. It is set to "1", but 2 and 3 letter words are also filtered.

I can't replicate this .. works perfectly on all test systems.

Did you reset the cache after changing from the default 3?

Ok thanks! You`re right about the PHP_SELF usage, maybe I`ll change to another dynamic meta tag contri.

Weird thing is that sometimes everthing works fine on Chrome, but sometimes it doesn`t...

The site is not on a windows server, but the rewrite option didn`t work. The server is not mine, and isn`t a standard host server, but one i share with friends. So maybe server settings are the problem, but i cannot change them.

About the short words filter... I`ve never set it to 3, only tried 1 and 2. Also reset the cache, but it isn`t that big of a problem. It's still a great contribution ;-).

Ok thanks! You`re right about the PHP_SELF usage, maybe I`ll change to another dynamic meta tag contri.

Weird thing is that sometimes everthing works fine on Chrome, but sometimes it doesn`t...

The site is not on a windows server, but the rewrite option didn`t work. The server is not mine, and isn`t a standard host server, but one i share with friends. So maybe server settings are the problem, but i cannot change them.

About the short words filter... I`ve never set it to 3, only tried 1 and 2. Also reset the cache, but it isn`t that big of a problem. It's still a great contribution ;-).

Well you could beta test KissMT Dynamic Seo Meta Tags

It is ridiculously easy to install. Let me know if interested and I'll send you a download link.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi,

Please tell me the link. I can't make SEO Ultimate works on my site due to strange way I have to handle my creditcard payments!!

Regards

Lars

Well post in the thread .. the link is in the post above. Remember Lars .. it is a beta test.