• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Hi Robert,

Thank you for all your work!

Yesterday I installed ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r141_stable without any problems!

The product seemed to be working just fine until I noticed that the "buy now" button didn't work anymore.

I think there is a bug in the next modification:

catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

Find ...

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

Replace with ...

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

I think the line should be:

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

Hi Frans

Glad you like it.

Sorry you experienced a problem but the code is correct. You only have $listing[$x]['products_id'] because your products_listing.php file is modified.

Perhaps the instructions should be changed to search and replace just ..

tep_get_all_get_params(array('action'))

to ..

tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'products_id'))

the problem with doing this is that if I don't give the full line of code people/users tend to get it wrong as they don't understand embedding PHP within HTML.

Hi,

This is related to the extras, the Google XML SEO sitemap, i have noticed even if settings in admin are false for specials, manufacturers it still creates an XML page for them

Steve

Nothing to do with USU5 Steve, that contribution is supported by someone else, I just modified a couple of files in it so it would work with the correct tep_href_link() function.

Edited by FWR Media

This is what I'm getting now:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xxxxxxxxxxxx.db.xxx8511.hostedresource.com' (4) in /home/xxxx/public_html/ShoppingCart/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

This is what I'm getting now:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xxxxxxxxxxxx.db.xxx8511.hostedresource.com' (4) in /home/xxxx/public_html/ShoppingCart/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

John you say that as if it is something to do with USU5. It isn't.

osCommerce, or more accurately the mysql_connect() function within osCommerce cannot connect to your database.

Edited by FWR Media

John you say that as if it is something to do with USU5. It isn't.

osCommerce, or more accurately the mysql_connect() function within osCommerce cannot connect to your database.

I just moved this account to a new host last night...is that the hangup?

I just moved this account to a new host last night...is that the hangup?

This is off topic for this thread so please start a new topic in general support if this doesn't help.

Moving to a new server it is doubtful that the database access credentials will be the same. You need to adjust the includes/configure.php files .. both admin and catalog .. with the correct credentials to access your new database.

First thanks for the addon, it was a big help.

The issue I am having is this. I can not get rewrite url to work correctly. I have contacted my hosting company and they assured me that # mod_rewrite is enabled, # AllowOveride set to All, and I added the RewriteBase / command to the .htaccess file. I get an extended string of characters at the end of the url such as -

"http://www.golfcaraccessory.com/bumper-covers-c-15.html?osCsid=0c76322f88d7c299482804276a3c7651"

I am really puzzled, and would appreciate any help you might offer.

Glenn

Edited by gbolt

First thanks for the addon, it was a big help.

The issue I am having is this. I can not get rewrite url to work correctly. I have contacted my hosting company and they assured me that # mod_rewrite is enabled, # AllowOveride set to All, and I added the RewriteBase / command to the .htaccess file. I get an extended string of characters at the end of the url such as -

"http://www.golfcaraccessory.com/bumper-covers-c-15.html?osCsid=0c76322f88d7c299482804276a3c7651"

I am really puzzled, and would appreciate any help you might offer.

Glenn

Hi Glenn

You are talking of the ?osCsid=0c76322f88d7c299482804276a3c7651?

If so this is nothing to do with USU5.

The osCsid is necessary for osCommerce to maintain session state. What should happen is that on first arrival at your site the osCsid should be present, appended to the uri. After one click it should disappear ( saved to the users cookie ) if it does not disappear then you have a configuration issue ( includes/configure.php ).

Edited by FWR Media

Hi Glenn

You are talking of the ?osCsid=0c76322f88d7c299482804276a3c7651?

If so this is nothing to do with USU5.

The osCsid is necessary for osCommerce to maintain session state. What should happen is that on first arrival at your site the osCsid should be present, appended to the uri. After one click it should disappear ( saved to the users cookie ) if it does not disappear then you have a configuration issue ( includes/configure.php ).

Thanks for the quick response. What would I be looking for in the configure.php file?

Thanks for the quick response. What would I be looking for in the configure.php file?

This is a support thread for USU5 and people are looking here for support pertaining to USU5, me answering general osCommerce questions would make it very difficult for users to locate valid issues and solutions.

Could you post this question in general support please (where I'll happily answer).

Good Morning from Germany! :-)

USU5 is a really good contrib, thank you.

But now I have on Problem (how to cover it?)

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in xxxxxxxxx/includes/application_top.php on line 68

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at xxxxxxx/includes/application_top.php:68) in xxxxxxxx/includes/functions/general.php on line 1269

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /usr/www/users/wellness/includes/application_top.php:68) in xxxx/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 101

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /usr/www/users/wellness/includes/application_top.php on line 68

Here the Site Live: www.wellness-extrem.de

Please help, thank you!

Peter

Good Morning from Germany! :-)

USU5 is a really good contrib, thank you.

But now I have on Problem (how to cover it?)

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in xxxxxxxxx/includes/application_top.php on line 68

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at xxxxxxx/includes/application_top.php:68) in xxxxxxxx/includes/functions/general.php on line 1269

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /usr/www/users/wellness/includes/application_top.php:68) in xxxx/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 101

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /usr/www/users/wellness/includes/application_top.php on line 68

Here the Site Live: www.wellness-extrem.de

Please help, thank you!

Peter

Hi Peter

Have looked at the site but can't see the issue.

Edit found one ..

article-topics.php the filenames in osCommerce should be filenames.php or this_is_a_filename.php (underscores) that file has a hyphen article-topics.php if you read back a few pages in this thread there was the same issue and a solution for all-products.php

Edited by FWR Media

Sorry, Robert I´m still sleeping----------> I need more coffee :'(

here is the link:

http://www.wellness-extrem.de/article-topics.php

another question, how i can show the extra_info_pages as .html ?

In the downloaded contribution in the extras directory .. see module template (devs only)

You can make a module yourself and drop it into the ..

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules directory.

In the template there is commenting explaining how to make your own, although there is a bit of code there is in fact very little to change .. search for xxx in the file. Also compare it to another simple module file like Usu_Links2.php.

Edited by FWR Media

Thanks, Robert you are great :D

Thanks for the kind words. Let me know how you get on please.

Hi,

I installed latest ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 on my OSC 2.2MS2 shop.

Installation fairly easy - until i set Enable SEO URLs 5? TRUE in admin module - then NO catagori links or product links will work on the website - I get the Page not found message nomatter what setting I put to the SEO admin setting.

I go trough the hole installation but I can't find any errors. I put the danish conversion map in the correct folder as told.

Any hints??

Reagards

Lars

Sorry!! Making new problems before solving the AuctionTastic problems. I really want them both to work!

Hi,

I installed latest ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 on my OSC 2.2MS2 shop.

Installation fairly easy - until i set Enable SEO URLs 5? TRUE in admin module - then NO catagori links or product links will work on the website - I get the Page not found message nomatter what setting I put to the SEO admin setting.

I go trough the hole installation but I can't find any errors. I put the danish conversion map in the correct folder as told.

Any hints??

Reagards

Lars

Sorry!! Making new problems before solving the AuctionTastic problems. I really want them both to work!

Hi Lars :)

If the links do not work then it means you have chosen the rewrite method but either you did not set RewriteBase correctly in the .htaccess file or the server is not set up to allow .htaccess rewrites.

What happens when in admin you change the uri type to "Standard"?

Hi Lars :)

If the links do not work then it means you have chosen the rewrite method but either you did not set RewriteBase correctly in the .htaccess file or the server is not set up to allow .htaccess rewrites.

What happens when in admin you change the uri type to "Standard"?

Hi,

I started in standard mode - and I have been trying to change on all SEO setting in Admin - but no matter what I do the links ends blind!

Regards

Lars

Hi,

I started in standard mode - and I have been trying to change on all SEO setting in Admin - but no matter what I do the links ends blind!

Regards

Lars

What do you mean "the link ends blind"? is the server running PHP5?

I either need to see the links it is producing or see the site.

The current version has no known issues.

Edited by FWR Media

What do you mean "the link ends blind"? is the server running PHP5?

I either need to see the links it is producing or see the site.

The current version has no known issues.

Hi,

Blind ends = page not found.

If you at your PC next 15 minuttes - I will Enable SEO (set to true) in the Admin module.

But it's a live site - and the site will not work correct. I do it now please report as soon as you seen the problem - then I turn it back of.

Regards

Lars

Hi,

Sorry! Forgot the site:

It's www.dinmc.dk

These are the admin settings:

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Turn debug reporting on true/false. false Info

Reset SEO URLs Cache Info

Set the number of days to store the cache. 7 Info

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? true Info

Enter special character conversions. (Better to use the file bas Info

Choose URL Rewrite Type standard Info

Output W3C valid URLs? true Info

Filter Short Words 1 Info

Add category parent to beginning of URLs? true Info

Enable SEO URLs 5? true Info

Select caching system. FileSystem Info

Regards

Lars

Hi,

Sorry! Forgot the site:

It's www.dinmc.dk

These are the admin settings:

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Turn debug reporting on true/false. false Info

Reset SEO URLs Cache Info

Set the number of days to store the cache. 7 Info

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? true Info

Enter special character conversions. (Better to use the file bas Info

Choose URL Rewrite Type standard Info

Output W3C valid URLs? true Info

Filter Short Words 1 Info

Add category parent to beginning of URLs? true Info

Enable SEO URLs 5? true Info

Select caching system. FileSystem Info

Regards

Lars

Odd .. could you add the following temporary code and post here what it prints out when you get a 404 page.

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Validator.php

Find (line 212)

$this->error404();

Change to ..

// FWR START REMOVE ME
       die( 'FWR Debug: basename=' . $this->basename . 'Querystring = ' . $this->querystring . ' Compare = ' . $compare . '<br />' );
       // FWR END REMOVE ME
       $this->error404();

Odd .. could you add the following temporary code and post here what it prints out when you get a 404 page.

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Validator.php

Find (line 212)

$this->error404();

Change to ..

// FWR START REMOVE ME
       die( 'FWR Debug: basename=' . $this->basename . 'Querystring = ' . $this->querystring . ' Compare = ' . $compare . '<br />' );
       // FWR END REMOVE ME
       $this->error404();

After doing this change it says:

FWR Debug: basename=index.phpQuerystring = catalog=boltvarerc64 Compare = index.php

FWR Debug: basename=product_info.phpQuerystring = catalog=bsemagnettanktaskemodelmultip2268 Compare = product_info.php

each line represent one click! One click on a catagori, one click on a product.

Regards

Lars