• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Hi you are aware that you cannot use the rewrite method on a Windows server unless you have ISAPI rewrite and use a .htaccess equivalent?

You can however use the standard method, one of the earlier posts here was a user who used ISAPI rewrite and even posted the file.

Actually what would really help me would be if you could send to me (admin(at)fwrmedia(dot)co(dot)uk) a print_r() of $_SERVER as I have limited (virtually no) access to Windows servers and need to be sure the key => values are what I expect.

Yes I found out about the IIS modual for v2.1 and it was running fine till the upgrade.

Yes I found out about the IIS modual for v2.1 and it was running fine till the upgrade.

I am getting confused here what was working fine until the upgrade? I have yet to see an IIS install fail when using the Standard method.

and why have you sent me three osC files .. I don't want to see your files I wanted a printout of $_SERVER.

Can I also have a link to the site.

Edited by FWR Media

I am getting confused here what was working fine until the upgrade? I have yet to see an IIS install fail when using the Standard method.

and why have you sent me three osC files .. I don't want to see your files I wanted a printout of $_SERVER.

Can I also have a link to the site.

I PMed you the printout from the server but I sent you those files for the code. I had mode rewrite working with v2.1 on the windows server. The ling to my site www.excelitservices.co.uk but you won't be able to access the windows server as that has been taken out untill this is fixed.

I have found a temp fix in usu.php line 128

$this->validate();

I commented out.

I am guessing the validation check for the file doesn't work.

$this-validate() is essential and cannot be removed. I think we are having trouble here replicating $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] on your server, have sent you a new Usu_Validator file to try out.

It fixed it but broke being able to add products to the cart on the unix box.

It won't have affected that .. works on a fresh install. Do you have a link?

Nothing to do with USU5, Your site coding has issues.

Your buy now buttons have links like ..

https://www.excelitservices.co.uk/shop/computers-laptops-c-26_167.html?sort=3a

Where they should be ..

https://www.excelitservices.co.uk/shop/computers-laptops-c-26_167.html?sort=3a&products_id=3457&action=buy_now

Found out this was cause by the R in a circul

Yes the link you provided was a bad link containing the ® symbol.

Oggster... any luck on the fix for this. My custom error page is overridden too. I am also having no luck with this tip... I get the Google Oops! page too.

My 404-error.php is in the catalog folder and htaccess is directed to use it, but it is now sometimes overridden by ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 404 page.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

No luck as of yet.. Just don't want to bother FWR Media to much.. I will spend a bit of time on it today and let you know what I find out..

hello,

I have installed ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r96_rc.Now My site url looks like

//localhost/shum1/catalog/index.php/women-skincare-c-25?osCsid=a1487e86fb3d05bb40ed7db3048dd923

I feel something wrong in this URL.and actually i dnt know what it is..

Did i installed the contrib wrongly.

Thanks for replies..

hello,

I have installed ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r96_rc.Now My site url looks like

//localhost/shum1/catalog/index.php/women-skincare-c-25?osCsid=a1487e86fb3d05bb40ed7db3048dd923

I feel something wrong in this URL.and actually i dnt know what it is..

Did i installed the contrib wrongly.

Thanks for replies..

I'll split this into two parts General and USU5

General:

You are using localhost as your domain and like this cookies cannot be saved therefore you will have a permanent osCsid on the end of the uri. On a real server with a real domain the osCsid would disappear after the first click (if the config is correct).

USU5

As shown in the instructions there are two types of seo urls (soon to be 4 in version 1.1)

Standard type:

www.mysite.com/index.php/women-skincare-c-25

Rewrite type:

www.mysite.com/women-skincare-c-25.html

Warning: file_put_contents(/shumnew/catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache/1_usucache.cache) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/shumnew/catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 35

Wat is this problem???

n

FWR..Above problem of Oscid did not resolve..after launching the site live.. Pls help me to solving this problem..

Thanks!

Warning: file_put_contents(/shumnew/catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/cache/1_usucache.cache) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/shumnew/catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 35

Wat is this problem???

n

FWR..Above problem of Oscid did not resolve..after launching the site live.. Pls help me to solving this problem..

Thanks!

1) Persistent osCsid is nothing to do with USU5, please search the general forums.

2) The cache file is not being found because in includes/configure.php the following is incorrect DIR_FS_CATALOG

DIR_FS_CATALOG should be a FULL PATH .. something like '/home/myhosting/public_html/catalog/'

1) Persistent osCsid is nothing to do with USU5, please search the general forums.

2) The cache file is not being found because in includes/configure.php the following is incorrect DIR_FS_CATALOG

DIR_FS_CATALOG should be a FULL PATH .. something like '/home/myhosting/public_html/catalog/'

Hello Robert!

Problem of error message(DIR_FS_CATALOG) is solved by as u mention..Thanks

But Problem of Oscid is didn't resolve yet. I true the value of 'force use cookies' from admin panel,problem solved of oscid.but when i want to purchased,a page appear to show "you should enable cookis on your browser" even if i have cookies enabled browser.this messege shown on 3 differnt browser's. one more message is displayed regarding security issue of cookis which not seems to be good for customer.

What i do?

Thanks.

Hello Robert!

Problem of error message(DIR_FS_CATALOG) is solved by as u mention..Thanks

But Problem of Oscid is didn't resolve yet. I true the value of 'force use cookies' from admin panel,problem solved of oscid.but when i want to purchased,a page appear to show "you should enable cookis on your browser" even if i have cookies enabled browser.this messege shown on 3 differnt browser's. one more message is displayed regarding security issue of cookis which not seems to be good for customer.

What i do?

Thanks.

I already said, persistent osCsid is nothing to do with USU5 you should look for support with this in the general forums.

It's not that I don't want to help but this support topic is for USU5 and clogging it up with general support issues will make it hard for USU5 users to find topics related to this contribution.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi,

My shop - oscommerce v2.2 rca2 - is hosted on a shared server. Everything was working fine, however recently I noticed a problem with three add-ons. Since I wasn't modifying anything (either files, or database) I am guessing something changed on the shared server.

- Ultimate SEO URLS v 5 - example product page url looks like this: www.website.com/product_info.php/product-name-product-model-p-XX

Plus for some odd reason when I go to Configuration -> SEO URLS 5, there is just an empty table (no errors). Tried reinstalling database entries from the provided php script, but the script says the entries already exist. I have no idea what/how to remove manually.

The other two add-ons that don't work (For reference, in case they have some hosting requirement in common with Ultimate Seo Urls):

- Header Tags SEO v3.1.5 - doesn't work on product_info.php and on index.php. When I view page source the tags that are there are global tags, not page specific tags.

- Who's online enhancement v3.6.5 - doesn't show the cart anymore

Any idea how to fix/address this issue?

-- thanks, ania

Hi,

My shop - oscommerce v2.2 rca2 - is hosted on a shared server. Everything was working fine, however recently I noticed a problem with three add-ons. Since I wasn't modifying anything (either files, or database) I am guessing something changed on the shared server.

- Ultimate SEO URLS v 5 - example product page url looks like this: www.website.com/product_info.php/product-name-product-model-p-XX

Plus for some odd reason when I go to Configuration -> SEO URLS 5, there is just an empty table (no errors). Tried reinstalling database entries from the provided php script, but the script says the entries already exist. I have no idea what/how to remove manually.

The other two add-ons that don't work (For reference, in case they have some hosting requirement in common with Ultimate Seo Urls):

- Header Tags SEO v3.1.5 - doesn't work on product_info.php and on index.php. When I view page source the tags that are there are global tags, not page specific tags.

- Who's online enhancement v3.6.5 - doesn't show the cart anymore

Any idea how to fix/address this issue?

-- thanks, ania

Hi Ania

I doubt very much your host did anything based on the information you give.

If Seo Urls 5 shows as an option under Configuration, what this means is that ONE aspect of the USU5 admin install is in place. This is the entry in configuration_group.

When you click on any item in Configuration it is automated in osCommerce to then gather all entries from the configuration table that have the same configuration_group id.

In your scenario it is blank .. therefore there are no entries in the configuration table that match the configuration_group id of Seo Urls 5.

This is impossible via the USU5 installer so someone or something deleted the configuration entries for usu5. As for the other contributions I haven't a clue.

I have no clue what could have happened to the database then :( I am the only person with access. Since the store went live couple of months back, I haven't messed either with the php files nor database and everything worked correctly till now. As all I know about php and mysql comes from this forum and from the add-on install instructions, my knowledge is limited.

I made a backup of the sql file, opened it, and these are the only entries concerning USU5 in the database that I found (I corelated them with the installer.php script):

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` (`configuration_group_id`, `configuration_group_title`, `configuration_group_description`, `sort_order`, `visible`) VALUES (...),(..),(41,'Seo Urls 5','Options for ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 by FWR Media',99,1),(..)

and

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `usu_cache`;
/*!40101 SET @saved_cs_client     = @@character_set_client */;
/*!40101 SET character_set_client = utf8 */;
CREATE TABLE `usu_cache` (
 `cache_name` varchar(32) NOT NULL,
 `cache_data` mediumtext NOT NULL,
 `cache_date` datetime NOT NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY  (`cache_name`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
/*!40101 SET character_set_client = @saved_cs_client */;

--
-- Dumping data for table `usu_cache`
--

LOCK TABLES `usu_cache` WRITE;
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `usu_cache` DISABLE KEYS */;
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `usu_cache` ENABLE KEYS */;
UNLOCK TABLES;

Would it be possible to edit the installer.php script in order to load up the missing database entries?