• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

hello,

could someone please help? I have problems with the character_conversion_pack

do you know why does the characters conversion fails with these characters below? (but 'é' => 'e', 'á' => 'a' works)

other way I tried to install Google XML Sitemap SEO addon and worked but I got index.php?cPath=202 instead of the nice URLs (boxedproduct-c-202.html), how could I get nice URLs in XML sitemap files?

thanks

s

<?php
// Hungarian
$char_convert = array('ő' => 'o', 'ö' => 'o', 'ű' => 'u', 'ü' => 'u','Ű' => 'U','Ő' => 'O', 'Ö' => 'O' );
?>

hello,

could someone please help? I have problems with the character_conversion_pack

do you know why does the characters conversion fails with these characters below? (but 'é' => 'e', 'á' => 'a' works)

other way I tried to install Google XML Sitemap SEO addon and worked but I got index.php?cPath=202 instead of the nice URLs (boxedproduct-c-202.html), how could I get nice URLs in XML sitemap files?

thanks

s

<?php
// Hungarian
$char_convert = array('ő' => 'o', 'ö' => 'o', 'ű' => 'u', 'ü' => 'u','Ű' => 'U','Ő' => 'O', 'Ö' => 'O' );
?>

Re: Google XML SEO Sitemap there is a corrected file in the extras directory of the contribution .. basically the contribution hardcodes in seo urls 2 if it used the standard tep_href_link() there would be no problem.

With the character conversion pack the character conversion file .. let's guess at hungarian.php has to be saved as the same charset as the site is using. e.g. UTF-8

I have already tried to convert all my usu files to utf8 (including: character_conversion/hungarian.php) without luck :(

I am about to look after tep_href_link() in my xml seo code.

Many thanks

Re: Google XML SEO Sitemap there is a corrected file in the extras directory of the contribution .. basically the contribution hardcodes in seo urls 2 if it used the standard tep_href_link() there would be no problem.

With the character conversion pack the character conversion file .. let's guess at hungarian.php has to be saved as the same charset as the site is using. e.g. UTF-8

I have already tried to convert all my usu files to utf8 (including: character_conversion/hungarian.php) without luck :(

I am about to look after tep_href_link() in my xml seo code.

Many thanks

I have to confess that I am "not the best" when it comes to dealing with languages .. I would suggest recreating the hungarian.php fresh with a capable charset program like the free babelpad.

All you would need to do is create file like ..

<?php
/**
* ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5
* @package Ultimate Seo Urls 5
* @license http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.php GNU Public License
* @link http://www.fwrmedia.co.uk
* @copyright Copyright 2008-2009 FWR Media
* @copyright Portions Copyright 2005 Bobby Easland
* @author Robert Fisher, FWR Media, http://www.fwrmedia.co.uk 
* @lastdev $Author:: Rob                                              $:  Author of last commit
* @lastmod $Date:: 2009-06-29 12:53:24 +0100 (Mon, 29 Jun 20#$:  Date of last commit
* @version $Rev:: 87                                                  $:  Revision of last commit
* @Id $Id:: bulgarian.php 87 2009-06-29 11:53:24Z Rob                $:  Full Details   
*/

// Bulgarian Conversions for CAPITALS and regular blocks
 $char_convert = array();
?>

Then add your target => result special characters ensuring to save as the correct charset.

I know that there are Bulgarian/other unique charset users using this system successfully, it would be nice if one could add their advice.

Edited by FWR Media

with an older google xml sitemap version, changes in the extras folder worked fine - sitemap ok ;)

I opened phpmyadmin and added û=>u,õ=>o,á=>a,Á=>A,é=>e,É=>E,ó=>o,Ó=>O,ő=>o,ö=>o,Ő=>O,Ö=>O,ü=>u,Ü=>U,Ű=>U,ú=>u,Ú=>U,Í=>I,í=>i into the configuration settings directly, that works :)

problem could caused by iso-8859-2 vs UTF-8 conflict in my code

Thanks for this great tool again

Why do I get?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1310599 bytes) in /home/hosting/reflex/public_html/_aldomain/roller/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 32

Why do I get?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1310599 bytes) in /home/hosting/reflex/public_html/_aldomain/roller/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 32

Sounds like your system is going out of memory saving the registry using the FileSystem. How many categories/products does this site have?

:( is that too much? 230 categories and 2400 product - I have just changed to database cache, working better without error

Sounds like your system is going out of memory saving the registry using the FileSystem. How many categories/products does this site have?

Edited by spuri

:( is that too much? 230 categories and 2400 product - I have just changed to database cache, working better without error

It's not too much for USU5 but the filesize combined with the gz functions and serialize are using up what was left of your allowed memory for PHP ( 16M ).

You would need to increase the memory allowance for PHP perhaps to 32M.

What is the size of the cache file please?

Your alternative was to do what you have done and switch to the Database cache method.

Edited by FWR Media

Dear all.

I have just installed the contribution and I have to say it has been really fast because the good documentation.

thank you.

my scenario is OSC and STS running, and it has begin working without problems.

I see only a little weird bahavior that I describe to have a look:

"I have lost ALL the 'V' letters".

I mean:

Video server is: ideo-ser-er

VN55CH is: n55ch

Venezuela is: enezuela.......

and

vavevivovu is: "-" (without quotes, it is empty)

Suggestions?????

I am sorry, I can't right now show you the examples.

Thank you.

Dear all.

I have just installed the contribution and I have to say it has been really fast because the good documentation.

thank you.

my scenario is OSC and STS running, and it has begin working without problems.

I see only a little weird bahavior that I describe to have a look:

"I have lost ALL the 'V' letters".

I mean:

Video server is: ideo-ser-er

VN55CH is: n55ch

Venezuela is: enezuela.......

and

vavevivovu is: "-" (without quotes, it is empty)

Suggestions?????

I am sorry, I can't right now show you the examples.

Thank you.

Letters/characters are only stripped in three instances

1) You have added those letters in the admin based character conversion

2) You have added those letters in the file based character conversion

3) The character was a special character and settings are for these to be removed.

Update to version 1.1 development

Path rewrite uri method:

The path rewrite method will create seo urls like ..

Categories:

Traditional seo url ( add category parent )

www.mysite.com/hardware-cdrom-drives-c-1_17.html

path_rewrite seo url

www.mysite.com/hardware/cdrom-drives-c-1_17.html

Products:

Traditional seo url

www.mysite.com/hard-with-vengeance-p-12.html

Path rewrite seo url (just adding the category)

www.mysite.com/action/hard-with-vengeance-p-12.html

Also don't forget there are tons of ways to write product uris with any combination of product name, category name, manufacturers name, product model

So a ridiculous example of a path_standard using all of them may look like ( can be in any order you wish )

www.mysite.com/fox/action/dvddhwv/hard-with-vengeance-p-12.html

FWR Media.

thank you for your response.

No, I haven't done anything. in fact I did conversion for "á,é,í,ó and ú" and I removed them when I was aware of it.

it is ONLY the letter "v"

:-O

I have never heard of this before and cannot replicate this as an issue. "Vv" shows just fine on all of my dev servers.

Thank you.

I have not enough knowledge about php but... can you direct me where can I debug the translation to see if I can discover what is happening?

regards,

1) Turn on debugging in admin

2) open file catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php

Find ..

//self::pa( self::$registry );

Change to ..

self::pa( self::$registry );

You will then be able to see how the link text is being saved in the registry.

3) catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/abstracts/aDataMap.php

protected function linkText($string){

Is where the character conversions take place.

Edited by FWR Media

About the "V"

it is interesting.

I have dona a "drop on top" install and it works well, without this problem

I don't know where is the "registry" you mention when debug (I am really newbie in php)

Thank you again

The registry output will be below your website if debugging is on in admin. But then again STS may be over riding the output.

I never have and never would use STS so I haven't a clue how it may affect things.

If I can't see the site I can't help further it is certainly not an issue of USU5.

Dear all!

First of all, I really like this contribution. Well programmed, easy to install and brillant support.

Unfortunately, I have use this support now. So here is my problem, rather difficult to describe:

Installed the latest USU5 version successfully and it's working for the most of it.

The URLs of splitting of the categories in n-pages are still containing "amp%3B"s or "amp;"s.

I tried your patch and new revision 96 but didn't change anything.

After modifying the output in the includes/classes/split_page_results.php, I got to the point to be able to switch through the pages again.

But if an asc/desc or manufacturers filter is used the URL after the redirect/load again has these "amp%B"s in it. So nothing gained.

So even if it would work as soon as another site produces a link with "amp;"s, my creepy workaround would be useless.

My development skills aren't that good to see what caused the problem in the first place and hopefully I made myself clear. ;)

I'm wondering where these "amp%3B"s are created. Has it something to do with the PHP version? (in this case PHP Version 5.2.9-1nmm1)

The shop, I had to take over, is modified in so much ways, I just hope that no other contribution messes this up.

Thank you in advance. Any advice might be useful.

Regards!

Dear all!

First of all, I really like this contribution. Well programmed, easy to install and brillant support.

Unfortunately, I have use this support now. So here is my problem, rather difficult to describe:

Installed the latest USU5 version successfully and it's working for the most of it.

The URLs of splitting of the categories in n-pages are still containing "amp%3B"s or "amp;"s.

I tried your patch and new revision 96 but didn't change anything.

After modifying the output in the includes/classes/split_page_results.php, I got to the point to be able to switch through the pages again.

But if an asc/desc or manufacturers filter is used the URL after the redirect/load again has these "amp%B"s in it. So nothing gained.

So even if it would work as soon as another site produces a link with "amp;"s, my creepy workaround would be useless.

My development skills aren't that good to see what caused the problem in the first place and hopefully I made myself clear. ;)

I'm wondering where these "amp%3B"s are created. Has it something to do with the PHP version? (in this case PHP Version 5.2.9-1nmm1)

The shop, I had to take over, is modified in so much ways, I just hope that no other contribution messes this up.

Thank you in advance. Any advice might be useful.

Regards!

USU5 code even handles where hardcoded & is incorrectly in the files.

& should be converted to & if the W3C option is set to true in admin.

The opposite is true when the link is going to use a header redirect which is why a part of the installation code replaces the tep_redirect function.

If this is not happening for you then you have some code in your site that is manipulating the tep_href_link() as USU5 will produce it correctly.

Check your files for the use of urlencode() as this would convert & to %26amp%3B

USU5 code even handles where hardcoded & is incorrectly in the files.

& should be converted to & if the W3C option is set to true in admin.

The opposite is true when the link is going to use a header redirect which is why a part of the installation code replaces the tep_redirect function.

If this is not happening for you then you have some code in your site that is manipulating the tep_href_link() as USU5 will produce it correctly.

Did I told you how brilliant this support thread is. :) Thanks!

Will give it another try to modify it or find that crappy piece of code that spoils the URLs. Of course, I let you know if it's successfull, maybe it's of any use.

I'm glad that I worked on the right end of the problem for the last hours. Even though this is another proof this shop is way over-modified and hasn't been validated.

Regards!

Does anyone know why when a customer comes to my site for the first time and clicks on a product they get

?osCsid (right before the .html) so looks something like this... my-product-222?osCsid.html

Then they are dirrected to a product not found page.. If they refresh the page and the ?osCsid dissapears and everything works... Its only on that first click..

I've been fighting this for about a week now.. Can't seem to figure it out..

Any and all help is greatly appreciated..

Does anyone know why when a customer comes to my site for the first time and clicks on a product they get

?osCsid (right before the .html) so looks something like this... my-product-222?osCsid.html

Then they are dirrected to a product not found page.. If they refresh the page and the ?osCsid dissapears and everything works... Its only on that first click..

I've been fighting this for about a week now.. Can't seem to figure it out..

Any and all help is greatly appreciated..

You asked this in the old series 2 support thread, you are not using USU5!