• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Scott

I edited the above a few times in case you copied the original.

Many thanks Robert that did the job!! :)

No more error log entries, I always start panicking when I see an error log on the server!

Hi Scott

Well it is not an error to be fixed to be honest .. MSN has tried to access robots.txt via an odd and incorrect querystring.

Usu_Categories.php is currently set to trigger an E_USER_WARNING if cPath is passed an invalid parameter, and in this case, it is invalid, therefore the E_USER_WARNING is output.

I suppose if you wanted to suppress this error you could replace . .

trigger_error( __CLASS__ . ' Incorrect ' . self::DEPENDENCY . ' presented: ' . $valuepair[1], E_USER_WARNING );
      return false;

With ..

if ( false === headers_sent() ) {
        session_write_close();
        header("HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found");
        include_once usu::$usuPath . 'includes' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'notfound_404.php';
        exit;
      }
      //trigger_error( __CLASS__ . ' Incorrect ' . self::DEPENDENCY . ' presented: ' . $valuepair[1], E_USER_WARNING );
      return false;

Hello,

I just did a fresh install of Oscommerce v2.2 Release Candidate 2a.

Did the drop on top type of install for seo urls 5, installed the database without a hitch.

but I get this error when i access the web site running the store

Fatal error: Class 'Usu_Newsdesk_Reviews#7E8CCC' not found in /home/oldfoun1/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php on line 168

I don't know what it means,

Thank you for any ideas,

Jason

Hello,

I just did a fresh install of Oscommerce v2.2 Release Candidate 2a.

Did the drop on top type of install for seo urls 5, installed the database without a hitch.

but I get this error when i access the web site running the store

Fatal error: Class 'Usu_Newsdesk_Reviews#7E8CCC' not found in /home/oldfoun1/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/usu.php on line 168

I don't know what it means,

Thank you for any ideas,

Jason

WTF that's an odd one ROFLMAO!!

Look in catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/

Is there a file there called Usu_Newsdesk_Reviews#7E8CCC.php? because it certainly shouldn't be called that!

I know, I have no idea... I went to admin and deleted the included "review" of the included false product just to see if that helped, it didn't.

I'll look around for a file called that, but I'm sure I haven't seen anything like that,

Jason

WTF that's an odd one ROFLMAO!!

Look in catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/

Is there a file there called Usu_Newsdesk_Reviews#7E8CCC.php? because it certainly shouldn't be called that!

Hi, im having a problem with a website ive done:

http://sweetiedarling.host56.com/catalog/index.php

Ive just installed this contrib and although it seems to be working, every page is being "done but with errors" and ive noticed if i hover my mouse over a category link or product link, the link doesnt show the ".html" part, but does seem to work if you click the link?

How can i get this working 100%?

I installed and modified manually, its hosted on 000webhost where it seems supports everything required.

I have left the debugging on.

Thanks

Andy

Hi, im having a problem with a website ive done:

http://sweetiedarling.host56.com/catalog/index.php

Ive just installed this contrib and although it seems to be working, every page is being "done but with errors" and ive noticed if i hover my mouse over a category link or product link, the link doesnt show the ".html" part, but does seem to work if you click the link?

How can i get this working 100%?

I installed and modified manually, its hosted on 000webhost where it seems supports everything required.

I have left the debugging on.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

That link doesn't work.

If there is no .html then you haven't selected the rewrite method in admin.

Standard uris (not requiring *nix or .htaccess RewriteRules) look like ..

www.mysite.com/index.php/my-great-category-c-27

Rewrite uris look like ..

www.mysite.com/my-great-category-c-27.html

Hi Andy

That link doesn't work.

If there is no .html then you haven't selected the rewrite method in admin.

Standard uris (not requiring *nix or .htaccess RewriteRules) look like ..

www.mysite.com/index.php/my-great-category-c-27

Rewrite uris look like ..

www.mysite.com/my-great-category-c-27.html

Are you sure? The links seem to work fine for me? But here it is again

http://sweetiedarling.host56.com/catalog/

I have 100% selected rewrite in admin. It doesnt seem to be a "setup" problem, its a error.

Try the link again.

Thanks

Andy

Are you sure? The links seem to work fine for me? But here it is again

http://sweetiedarling.host56.com/catalog/

I have 100% selected rewrite in admin. It doesnt seem to be a "setup" problem, its a error.

Try the link again.

Thanks

Andy

It's not an error Andy as this contribution does not have such an error, but I can't check as yet .. that site auto redirects to a "Website Under Review by the system administrator of 000webhost.com" page.

It's not an error Andy as this contribution does not have such an error, but I can't check as yet .. that site auto redirects to a "Website Under Review by the system administrator of 000webhost.com" page.

Sorry, i dont mean an error in your code... what i mean is... im getting an error in result of installing this contrib and therefore after a bit of advise where or what went wrong. The error im getting is the little yellow "!" sign and the general IE error saying "done, but with errors on the page".

And also from the index page, the category links have the extra long numbers on, this correct? E.G:

/catalog/lollipops-c-21.html?osCsid=2a70c6530e2648a433f992cbd7e68efb

And yes i apologise, they do this on new sites... just happenes to be now for this one.

Andy

Edited by g18rst

Sorry, i dont mean an error in your code... what i mean is... im getting an error in result of installing this contrib and therefore after a bit of advise where or what went wrong. The error im getting is the little yellow "!" sign and the general IE error saying "done, but with errors on the page".

And also from the index page, the category links have the extra long numbers on, this correct? E.G:

/catalog/lollipops-c-21.html?osCsid=2a70c6530e2648a433f992cbd7e68efb

And yes i apologise, they do this on new sites... just happenes to be now for this one.

Andy

The ! sign is an html error and this contribution doesn't touch html.

BUT osCommerce itself, header tags and a range of other contributions sadly use PHP_SELF which incorrectly reports filenames, I'd imagine this is your error.

If you have rewrite set as the uri type then links would show with .html appended the only time this wouldn't happen is if the database was not installed correctly and the system was defaulting to the file based settings.

Open up catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/Usu_Init.php and change ..

@define('SEO_URLS_TYPE', 'standard'); // Recommended rewrite

To ..

@define('SEO_URLS_TYPE', 'rewrite'); // Recommended rewrite

and post back what happens.

The ! sign is an html error and this contribution doesn't touch html.

BUT osCommerce itself, header tags and a range of other contributions sadly use PHP_SELF which incorrectly reports filenames, I'd imagine this is your error.

If you have rewrite set as the uri type then links would show with .html appended the only time this wouldn't happen is if the database was not installed correctly and the system was defaulting to the file based settings.

Open up catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/includes/Usu_Init.php and change ..

@define('SEO_URLS_TYPE', 'standard'); // Recommended rewrite

To ..

@define('SEO_URLS_TYPE', 'rewrite'); // Recommended rewrite

and post back what happens.

Well at the moment that doesnt seem to have made any difference, but then again, no one else bar me seems to be able to view the site, which makes me wonder if im seeing the true update version. Hmmm...

Anything else i could try in the mean time?

Andy

Well at the moment that doesnt seem to have made any difference, but then again, no one else bar me seems to be able to view the site, which makes me wonder if im seeing the true update version. Hmmm...

Anything else i could try in the mean time?

Andy

Just checked .. the site is up and usu5 urls look fine.

Just checked .. the site is up and usu5 urls look fine.

Hi, thanks, it is back up, but on my other computer now, i still get the "done but with errors on the page", what browser are you using, i am using IE.

Thanks

Andy

Hi, thanks, it is back up, but on my other computer now, i still get the "done but with errors on the page", what browser are you using, i am using IE.

Thanks

Andy

I use a proper browser :) Firefox

I thought you had issues with USU5 but you seem just to have html issues.

USU5 produces uris/urls this has no affect on base html.

The one thing that would produce validation errors is the debug info as it outputs after close of </html>. As it is for debugging and not live sites it wasn't worth including it within the valid html.

I use a proper browser :) Firefox

I thought you had issues with USU5 but you seem just to have html issues.

USU5 produces uris/urls this has no affect on base html.

The one thing that would produce validation errors is the debug info as it outputs after close of </html>. As it is for debugging and not live sites it wasn't worth including it within the valid html.

Morning, im sure im getting on your nerve by now. lol. I know its not directy caused by USU5, but the HTML errors developed immidiatly after installing USU5, so its somthing either ive done whilst modding the files, or somthing that the WORKING USU5 is causing. Can you think of anything i "could" have done to cause this? Or forgot to do? Ive double checked everything, but not ruling it out!

Ive turned off debugging, but still the same which i new would happen as i turned debugging because of this.

Thanks

Andy

Edited by g18rst

Morning, im sure im getting on your nerve by now. lol. I know its not directy caused by USU5, but the HTML errors developed immidiatly after installing USU5, so its somthing either ive done whilst modding the files, or somthing that the WORKING USU5 is causing. Can you think of anything i "could" have done to cause this? Or forgot to do? Ive double checked everything, but not ruling it out!

Ive turned off debugging, but still the same which i new would happen as i turned debugging because of this.

Thanks

Andy

It has nothing whatsoever to do with USU5 as I've mentioned. USU5 produces urls you have an html/javascript error which is totally unrelated.

So... if i reverse the installation of USU5 and errors dissapear what will that mean?

Andy

It would mean that the error was caused by USU5 but that isn't happening because you haven't tried it.

I viewed source and it is a javascript error related to Google Analytics. I am more than happy to support USU5 but it really annoys me that you make comments like ..

So... if i reverse the installation of USU5 and errors dissapear what will that mean?

When you obviously haven't done that.

Sort out your JS error it is NOT USU5.

It would mean that the error was caused by USU5 but that isn't happening because you haven't tried it.

I viewed source and it is a javascript error related to Google Analytics. I am more than happy to support USU5 but it really annoys me that you make comments like ..

When you obviously haven't done that.

Sort out your JS error it is NOT USU5.

If you read back, over my posts, you will see that i was not directly saying it was a problem with USU5, but more a problem I HAVE done whilst installing it, and knowing you out of anyone would know better to what i "may" have done whilst installing it to cause the error.

And i never said i HAD reversed it, hence i said "IF I..."

Anyways, besides that, i to have realsied it is that, which is strange as it wasnt doing this before. Anyways, after removing the analytics codes, everything seem sto work apart from if you hover over categoris, the link is SEO'd?

Andy

Anyways, besides that, i to have realsied it is that, which is strange as it wasnt doing this before. Anyways, after removing the analytics codes, everything seem sto work apart from if you hover over categoris, the link is SEO'd?

Andy

Yes when wiewing the home page the category link is ..

http://sweetiedarling.host56.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21

Clicking anywhere else the category shows the correct seo url

My guess is that you have the osCommerce category cache enabled and the cache is showing legacy data. Try resetting the osCommerce cache.

Btw your site just died.

Yes when wiewing the home page the category link is ..

http://sweetiedarling.host56.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21

Clicking anywhere else the category shows the correct seo url

My guess is that you have the osCommerce category cache enabled and the cache is showing legacy data. Try resetting the osCommerce cache.

Btw your site just died.

Yes, your possibly right about the cache.

Unfortunatly, i just rewrote over the configure file in "includes" with the blank one.... bugger. Is there a way to "reconfigure" that file? (i know its now off topic)

EDIT: Ok ive reconfigured it. Ill try resetting the cache.

Also, when you say the oScommerce cache, is that NOT the USU5 cache?

EDIT: Ok ,done, all working after resetting the categories cache, no html errors. Thanks again for your help, sorry for the earlier miss-understanding.

Thanks

Andy

Edited by g18rst

Robert,

New Problem:

[b]Warning[/b]: Usu_Links2 Incorrect lPath presented: m28 in [b]/home/c.n.r./public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_Links2.php[/b] on line [b]126

[/b]http://www.13thgreen.com/beyond-the-links-m-28.html

This could be preexisting or recent. It is the oddest error. This error only occurs for one brand page. And this error displays for all the products of that brand.

Warning: Usu_Links2 Incorrect lPath presented: 661truckerhatcamop485 in /home/c.n.r./public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_Links2.php on line 126

http://www.13thgreen.com/beyond-the-links-661-trucker-hat-camo-p-485.html

Robert,

New Problem:

[b]Warning[/b]: Usu_Links2 Incorrect lPath presented: m28 in [b]/home/c.n.r./public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_Links2.php[/b] on line [b]126

[/b]http://www.13thgreen.com/beyond-the-links-m-28.html

This could be preexisting or recent. It is the oddest error. This error only occurs for one brand page. And this error displays for all the products of that brand.

Warning: Usu_Links2 Incorrect lPath presented: 661truckerhatcamop485 in /home/c.n.r./public_html/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_Links2.php on line 126

http://www.13thgreen.com/beyond-the-links-661-trucker-hat-camo-p-485.html

Not your fault and not the fault of USU5 the author of the links contribution, in their wisdom, steared away from the best practise of 1 letter seo markers ( like -c- or -m- ) and made the links contribution marker -links- which is of course a word in its own right .. doh :rolleyes:

If you take a look at that uri it has -links- beyond-the-links-m-28.html this is being taken as an seo marker as opposed to what it actually is, a part of the manufacturers name.

My suggestion would be to open up Usu_Links2.php and change the marker from -links- to -l-( small L ) then in .htaccess change ..

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

To

RewriteRule ^(.*)-l-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Then reset the USU5 cache.

Edited by FWR Media