• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

It was an extra ")" in the new fuction. However, once I removed it I noticed it did not work :/

New Link:

http://www.13thgreen.com/-slider-shorts-black-p-502.html

You can see the manufacturers name is missing.

there is no extra brace in the function the function is fine.

It was an extra ")" in the new fuction. However, once I removed it I noticed it did not work :/

New Link:

http://www.13thgreen.com/-slider-shorts-black-p-502.html

You can see the manufacturers name is missing.

You have to reset the cache in admin to see new results.

Aaaah there was an extra parenthesis ..

private function getManufacturersName( $mid )) {

Edited by FWR Media

Robert,

private function getManufacturersName( $mid [b])[/b]) {
   $query = "SELECT manufacturers_name FROM " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " WHERE manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$mid . "'";
   $result = usu::query( $query );
   $row = tep_db_fetch_array( $result );
   tep_db_free_result( $result );
   return $row['manufacturers_name'];
 } // end method

When I removed this parenthesis the syntax error disappeared.

$url = $this->linkCreate(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, $reg_item['manufacturers_name'] . '-' . $reg_item['link_text'], '-p-', $valuepair[1]);

I think the original post you posted "$reg_item['manufacturers_id']", when I went back to verify I realized it should have been _name so I re copied it and pasted. Now everything works. Your the MAN! I really think others could benefit from this. Your modification is for SEO, maybe there are other people who feel the brand name would help greatly!

Robert,

private function getManufacturersName( $mid [b])[/b]) {
   $query = "SELECT manufacturers_name FROM " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " WHERE manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$mid . "'";
   $result = usu::query( $query );
   $row = tep_db_fetch_array( $result );
   tep_db_free_result( $result );
   return $row['manufacturers_name'];
 } // end method

When I removed this parenthesis the syntax error disappeared.

$url = $this->linkCreate(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, $reg_item['manufacturers_name'] . '-' . $reg_item['link_text'], '-p-', $valuepair[1]);

I think the original post you posted "$reg_item['manufacturers_id']", when I went back to verify I realized it should have been _name so I re copied it and pasted. Now everything works. Your the MAN! I really think others could benefit from this. Your modification is for SEO, maybe there are other people who feel the brand name would help greatly!

and I probably will

Update on 1.1 progress

With the addition of manufacturers name there are now 49 different ways to write seo uri products text

•  
  • p = products name (always included )
  • c = categories name ( optional )
  • m = product model (optional )
  • b = (brand) manufacturers name ( optional )

Any combination can be used in any order e.g. to give a ridiculous example: -

Choosing bmcp ( brand, model, category, product )

Would give ( using the path_standard uri module ) ..

www.mysite.com/product_info.php/hewlett-packard/hplj1100xi/printers/hewlett-packard-laserjet-1100xi/-p-/27

Of course no-one should use all options but as an example it shows the flexibility.

I would prefer to have a rewritten URL look like www.mystore.com/one-of-my-products-238.html where the 238 is the product id. Is there anyway of removing the -p- and -c- in the rewritten URL (can't seem to find where the URL rewrite rule is in the scripts)?

I realise that the URL requires the id number, but does it need the p and c to preceed it?

My latest osCommerce work in progress

no outside links in signatures allowed, see PM

I would prefer to have a rewritten URL look like www.mystore.com/one-of-my-products-238.html where the 238 is the product id. Is there anyway of removing the -p- and -c- in the rewritten URL (can't seem to find where the URL rewrite rule is in the scripts)?

I realise that the URL requires the id number, but does it need the p and c to preceed it?

There needs to be something in the uri to tell the script which type of _GET variable we are dealing with.

Without the -p-/-c-/-m- etc the script would not know whether we are dealing with a cPath/producs_id or manufacturers_id. Also because osCommerce is not monolithic it also needs to be told which page to load.

Hi Robert,

Before I take the plunge I'm curious...

I have 2.1d updated installed.

Just downloaded your revision 96.

If I follow the directions in the Upgrade.html, will I be up-to-date and current with your contribution?

Or will I need to browse the topic discussion for any recent edits?

I already saved the info you posted regarding how to fix Google XML Sitemap SEO.

I believe I read there should be no problems with = More Category Boxes or Header Tags SEO contributions.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Hi Robert,

Before I take the plunge I'm curious...

I have 2.1d updated installed.

Just downloaded your revision 96.

If I follow the directions in the Upgrade.html, will I be up-to-date and current with your contribution?

Or will I need to browse the topic discussion for any recent edits?

I already saved the info you posted regarding how to fix Google XML Sitemap SEO.

I believe I read there should be no problems with = More Category Boxes or Header Tags SEO contributions.

Header tags seo (and other contributions) use PHP_SELF incorrectly which creates issues with standard seo urls, look back a few pages in this thread where I created a patch. Other than that all is current.

Well except for the new version 1.1 which is in development.

Edited by FWR Media

I could not figure out how to post this question under this topic so just hit reply and here is my question....

I get the following error on my admin sign in page

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/mygra3/public_html/antiqueshop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1308

My Os Commerce site is www.mygrannysatticantiques.com/antiqueforum

I am not sure what to do as I am not familiar with php coding so I have changed nothing so far. I did follow all directions and the database updated without any errors.

Thank you,

Michelle

I could not figure out how to post this question under this topic so just hit reply and here is my question....

I get the following error on my admin sign in page

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/mygra3/public_html/antiqueshop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1308

My Os Commerce site is www.mygrannysatticantiques.com/antiqueforum

I am not sure what to do as I am not familiar with php coding so I have changed nothing so far. I did follow all directions and the database updated without any errors.

Thank you,

Michelle

Hi Michelle

If you get a parse error adding this contribution then you have simply added code incorrectly when copying and pasting.

there is only one modification to admin/includes/functions/general.php which is to add a single function to the very bottom so it is actually rather difficult to make a mistake here .. have a look at the code you added against the instructions, I would bet you left off the final } at the bottom.

Hello,

I installed this great contribution today. Unfortunately I am not able to get it working.

My shop is a quite uptodate oscommerce 2.2rc. Everytime I enable the module the frontend tells me that (categorie- or product-) site cannot be found.

The file .htaccess is edited properly (I´m quite sure about that)

The rest of the mods are also correct installed as I do not get any errors. I followed the instructions step by step.

mod_rewrite is enabled (phpinfo tells me so)

The cache is deleted.

Is there anything else I have to take a look at. I´m stuck right now.

I installed in my (older) oscommerce shop chemos contrib for SEO and there it works (so no need to change something)

But now... Any help is greatly appreciated.

here my .htaccess :

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Articles contribution
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Information pages
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Links contribution
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Newsdesk contribution
RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} 

Edited by tosam

Hello,

I installed this great contribution today. Unfortunately I am not able to get it working.

My shop is a quite uptodate oscommerce 2.2rc. Everytime I enable the module the frontend tells me that (categorie- or product-) site cannot be found.

The file .htaccess is edited properly (I´m quite sure about that)

The rest of the mods are also correct installed as I do not get any errors. I followed the instructions step by step.

mod_rewrite is enabled (phpinfo tells me so)

The cache is deleted.

Is there anything else I have to take a look at. I´m stuck right now.

I installed in my (older) oscommerce shop chemos contrib for SEO and there it works (so no need to change something)

But now... Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ok let's take this step by step as it will be simple.

You mentioned the old series 2 seo urls is this currently installed on the same server? and working?

Can I see a link to the shop in question?

Is the shop installed in the root? e.g. www.mysite.com/ not www.mysite.com/catalog/?

Robert,

Again I want to thank-you for your help with the manufacturer's update. You really know your stuff when it comes to search engine optimization. Although loosely related I had some ideas I wanted to shoot by you that really could improve the community. Because of the success, and ease of use of USU5 I really think on you free time developing a bundle would be appropriate and would help the community a lot. Here's what I was thinking.

1. A site modification that adheres to Sitemap Protocol 0.9 (the universal sitemap) . Currently you support chemo's mod which only supports Google using sitemap 0.84. A site map with universal acceptance would be key to improving rankings for everyone that uses USU5

2. Google Shopping contribution. With this users of USU5 would be able to submit there products to Google with the updated URLS. Again this would dramatically help. Currently if someone uses USU5 and they have a google feed all the google feed products get a 301 to the new url. However, each time they are submitted they are re-submitted with the old link. Just something to think about.

What do you think?

Ryan

Robert,

Again I want to thank-you for your help with the manufacturer's update. You really know your stuff when it comes to search engine optimization. Although loosely related I had some ideas I wanted to shoot by you that really could improve the community. Because of the success, and ease of use of USU5 I really think on you free time developing a bundle would be appropriate and would help the community a lot. Here's what I was thinking.

1. A site modification that adheres to Sitemap Protocol 0.9 (the universal sitemap) . Currently you support chemo's mod which only supports Google using sitemap 0.84. A site map with universal acceptance would be key to improving rankings for everyone that uses USU5

2. Google Shopping contribution. With this users of USU5 would be able to submit there products to Google with the updated URLS. Again this would dramatically help. Currently if someone uses USU5 and they have a google feed all the google feed products get a 301 to the new url. However, each time they are submitted they are re-submitted with the old link. Just something to think about.

What do you think?

Ryan

Good points Ryan

The thing is that I wanted to keep USU5 clean and focussed, all of the things you mention above are seperate contributions, this I wanted to keep to producing reliable and flexible seo uris.

I did write a contribution some time ago (although PHP5 code) called multilayer seo pop out menu, this menu system also includes sitemaps and an RSS2.0 feed.

The contributions that are out there really should work with USU5 anyway, why? because it simply uses tep_href_link() to produce the uris. As long as the contributions are using this function they will work.

Sadly some are hardcoded to use specific url contributions which is madness.

Robert,

Yes you are right, they should be desperate modifications. Maybe you would add them to the extras folder. I have put in a request with Jack_mcs to help make the automatic google feeder compatible with USU5. I noticed the links were hard coded. I attempted to convert it myself but failed due to lack of understanding of the SQL statement. With a little luck he will help out. I'm not asking at this point for your help but I thought I might as well post the code.

<?php
// Title: Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder 1.03
// Author: Calvin K
// Contact: [email protected]
//	Organization: Conceptual Networking
// Last Update: 07/15/09 by Jack_mcs at oscommerce-solution.com

/*************** BEGIN MASTER SETTINGS ******************/

define('SEO_ENABLED','true');	//Change to 'false' to disable if Ultimate SEO URLs is not installed
define('FEEDNAME', 'your-outfile.txt'); 	//from your googlebase account
define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.yourwebsite.com'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)
define('FTP_USERNAME', 'googleFTP-username'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_PASSWORD', 'googleFTP-password'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_ENABLED', '1'); 	//set to 0 to disable
define('CONVERT_CURRENCY', '0'); //set to 0 to disable - only needed if a feed in a difference currecny is required
define('CURRENCY_TYPE', 'USD'); //(eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1); //Change this to the id of your language. BY default 1 is english

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_AGE_RANGE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CONDITION', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CURRENCY', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_LANGUAGE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_MANUFACTURE_ID', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_QUANTITY', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MADE_IN', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MANUFACTURER', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_TYPE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_SHIPPING', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_UPC', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_WEIGHT', 0);

//the following only matter if the matching option is enabled above. 
define('OPTIONS_AGE_RANGE', '0-9');
define('OPTIONS_BRAND', '');
define('OPTIONS_CONDITION', 'New'); //possible entries are New, Refurbished, Used
define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_CURRENCY', 'USD');
define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_FEED_LANGUAGE', 'en');
define('OPTIONS_LOWEST_SHIPPING', ''); //this is not binary. Custom Code is required to provide the shipping cost per product. ###needs to be an array for per product.
define('OPTIONS_MADE_IN', 'USA');
define('OPTIONS_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED_METHODS', ''); //Acceptable values: cash, check, GoogleCheckout, Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, Discover, wiretransfer
define('OPTIONS_WEIGHT_ACCEPTED_METHODS', 'lb'); //Valid units include lb, pound, oz, ounce, g, gram, kg, kilogram.

/*************** END MASTER SETTINGS ******************/ 

/*************** NO EDITS NEEDED BELOW THIS LINE *****************/

require_once('../includes/configure.php');

if (! function_exists("tep_not_null"))
{
function tep_not_null($value) {
if (is_array($value)) {
	if (sizeof($value) > 0) {
	return true;
	} else {
	return false;
	}
} else {
	if (($value != '') && (strtolower($value) != 'null') && (strlen(trim($value)) > 0)) {
	return true;
	} else {
	return false;
	}
}
}
}

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
//********************
// Modification for SEO
// Since the ultimate SEO was only installed on the public side, we will include our files from there.
require_once('../includes/filenames.php');
require_once('../includes/database_tables.php');

include_once('../' .DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');
$seo_urls = new SEO_URL(DEFAULT_LANGUAGE);

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {
	global $seo_urls;
	return $seo_urls->href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id);
}
}

//********************
// Start TIMER
// -----------
$stimer = explode( ' ', microtime() );
$stimer = $stimer[1] + $stimer[0];
// -----------

$OutFile = "../feeds/" . FEEDNAME; 
$destination_file = FEEDNAME; 
$source_file = $OutFile;
$imageURL = 'http://' . DOMAIN_NAME . '/images/';
if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
$productURL = 'product_info.php'; // ***** Revised for SEO
$productParam = "products_id="; // ***** Added for SEO
}else{
$productURL = 'http://' . DOMAIN_NAME . '/product_info.php?products_id=';
}

$already_sent = array();
$taxRate = 0; //default = 0 (e.g. for 17.5% tax use "$taxRate = 17.5;")
$taxCalc = ($taxRate/100) + 1; //Do not edit

if(CONVERT_CURRENCY)
{
if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
	$productParam="currency=" . CURRENCY_TYPE . "&products_id=";
}else{
	$productURL = "http://" . DOMAIN_NAME . "/product_info.php?currency=" . CURRENCY_TYPE . "&products_id="; //where CURRENCY_TYPE is your currency type (eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
}
}

$feed_exp_date = date('Y-m-d', time() + 2592000 );

if (!($link=mysql_connect(DB_SERVER,DB_SERVER_USERNAME,DB_SERVER_PASSWORD)))
{
echo "Error when connecting itself to the data base";
exit();
}
if (!mysql_select_db( DB_DATABASE , $link ))
{
echo "Error the data base does not exist";
exit();
}

$sql = "
SELECT concat( '" . $productURL . "' ,products.products_id) AS product_url,
products_model AS prodModel,
manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName,
manufacturers.manufacturers_id,
products.products_id AS id,
products_description.products_name AS name,
products_description.products_description AS description,
products.products_quantity AS quantity,
products.products_status AS prodStatus,
products.products_weight AS prodWeight,
FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * " . $taxCalc . ",2) AS price,
CONCAT( '" . $imageURL . "' ,products.products_image) AS image_url,
products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID,
categories.parent_id AS catParentID,
categories_description.categories_name AS catName
FROM (categories,
categories_description,
products,
products_description,
products_to_categories)

left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id )
left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date is NULL) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) )

WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id
AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id
AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id
AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id
ORDER BY
products.products_id ASC
";

$catInfo = "
SELECT
categories.categories_id AS curCatID,
categories.parent_id AS parentCatID,
FROM
categories,
categories_description
WHERE categories.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id
";

function findCat($curID, $catTempPar, $catTempDes, $catIndex)
{
if( (isset($catTempPar[$curID])) && ($catTempPar[$curID] != 0) )
{
	if(isset($catIndex[$catTempPar[$curID]]))
	{
		$temp=$catIndex[$catTempPar[$curID]];
	}
	else
	{
		$catIndex = findCat($catTempPar[$curID], $catTempPar, $catTempDes, $catIndex);
		$temp = $catIndex[$catTempPar[$curID]];
	}
}
if( (isset($catTempPar[$curID])) && (isset($catTempDes[$curID])) && ($catTempPar[$curID] == 0) )
{
	$catIndex[$curID] = $catTempDes[$curID];
}
else
{
	$catIndex[$curID] = $temp . ", " . $catTempDes[$curID];
}
return $catIndex;

}

$catIndex = array();
$catTempDes = array();
$catTempPar = array();
$processCat = mysql_query( $catInfo )or die( $FunctionName . ": SQL error " . mysql_error() . "| catInfo = " . htmlentities($catInfo) );
while ( $catRow = mysql_fetch_object( $processCat ) )
{
$catKey = $catRow->curCatID;
$catName = $catRow->catName;
$catParID = $catRow->parentCatID;
if($catName != "")
{
	$catTempDes[$catKey]=$catName;
	$catTempPar[$catKey]=$catParID;
}
}

foreach($catTempDes as $curID=>$des) //don't need the $des
{
$catIndex = findCat($curID, $catTempPar, $catTempDes, $catIndex);
}

$_strip_search = array(
"![\t ]+$|^[\t ]+!m", // remove leading/trailing space chars
'%[\r\n]+%m'); // remove CRs and newlines
$_strip_replace = array(
'',
' ');
$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "®" => "", "™" => "", "™" => "", "\t" => "", "	" => "");

if ( file_exists( $OutFile ) )
unlink( $OutFile );

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprice\timage_link\tproduct_type\tid";

//create optional section
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED == 1)
{
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_AGE_RANGE == 1)
	$output .= "\tage_range";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND == 1)
	$output .= "\tbrand";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_CONDITION == 1)
	$output .= "\tcondition";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_CURRENCY == 1)
	$output .= "\tcurrency";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_LANGUAGE == 1)
	$output .= "\tlanguage";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_MANUFACTURER_ID == 1)
	$output .= "\tmanufacturer_id";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_QUANTITY == 1)
	$output .= "\tquantity";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_MADE_IN == 1)
	$output .= "\tmade_in";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_MANUFACTURER == 1)
	$output .= "\tmanufacturer";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED == 1)
	$output .= "\tpayment_accepted";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_TYPE == 1)
	$output .= "\tproduct_type";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_SHIPPING == 1)
	$output .= "\tshipping";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_UPC == 1)
	$output .= "\tupc";
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED_WEIGHT == 1)
	$output .= "\tweight";
}
$output .= "\n";

$result=mysql_query( $sql )or die( $FunctionName . ": SQL error " . mysql_error() . "| sql = " . htmlentities($sql) );

//Currency Information
if(CONVERT_CURRENCY)
{
$sql3 = "
SELECT
currencies.value AS curUSD
FROM
currencies
WHERE currencies.code = '" . CURRENCY_TYPE . "'";

$result3=mysql_query( $sql3 )or die( $FunctionName . ": SQL error " . mysql_error() . "| sql3 = " . htmlentities($sql3) );
$row3 = mysql_fetch_object( $result3 );
}

$loop_counter = 0;

while( $row = mysql_fetch_object( $result ) )
{
if (isset($already_sent[$row->id])) continue; // if we've sent this one, skip the rest of the while loop

if( $row->prodStatus == 1 || (OPTIONS_ENABLED == 1 && $quantity == 1) )
{
	if (CONVERT_CURRENCY)
	{
		$row->price = ereg_replace("[^.0-9]", "", $row->price);
		$row->price = $row->price * $row3->curUSD;
		$row->price = number_format($row->price, 2, '.', ',');
	}

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
	$output .= tep_href_link($productURL,$productParam . $row->id) . "\t" .
	preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->name, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .
	preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->description, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .
	$feed_exp_date . "\t" .
	$row->price . "\t" .
	$row->image_url . "\t" .
	$catIndex[$row->prodCatID] . "\t" .
	$row->id;
}else{
			$output .= $row->product_url . "\t" .
			preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->name, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .
			preg_replace($_strip_search, $_strip_replace, strip_tags( strtr($row->description, $_cleaner_array) ) ) . "\t" .
			$feed_exp_date . "\t" .
			$row->price . "\t" .
			$row->image_url . "\t" .
			$row->id;
}

//optional values section
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED == 1)
{
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_AGE_RANGE;
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_BRAND;
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_CONDITION;
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_DEFAULT_CURRENCY;
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_DEFAULT_FFEED_LANGUAGE;
		$output .= " \t " . $row->prodModel;
		$output .= " \t " . $row->quantity;
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_MADE_IN; 
		$output .= " \t " . $row->mfgName;
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED_METHODS;
	{
		$catNameTemp = strtolower($catName);
		$output .= " \t " . $row->catName;
	}
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_LOWEST_SHIPPING;
		$output .= " \t " . "Not Supported";
		$output .= " \t " . $row->prodWeight . ' ' .OPTIONS_WEIGHT_ACCEPTED_METHODS;
}
$output .= " \n";
}
$already_sent[$row->id] = 1;

$loop_counter++;
if ($loop_counter>750) {
$fp = fopen( $OutFile , "a" );
$fout = fwrite( $fp , $output );
fclose( $fp );
$loop_counter = 0;
$output = "";
}
}

fclose( $fp );
echo "File completed: <a href=\"" . $OutFile . "\" target=\"_blank\">" . $destination_file . "</a><br>\n";
chmod($OutFile, 0777);

//Start FTP

function ftp_file( $ftpservername, $ftpusername, $ftppassword, $ftpsourcefile, $ftpdirectory, $ftpdestinationfile )
{
// set up basic connection
$conn_id = ftp_connect($ftpservername);
if ( $conn_id == false )
{
echo "FTP open connection failed to $ftpservername <BR>\n" ;
return false;
}

// login with username and password
$login_result = ftp_login($conn_id, $ftpusername, $ftppassword);

// check connection
if ((!$conn_id) || (!$login_result)) {
echo "FTP connection has failed!<BR>\n";
echo "Attempted to connect to " . $ftpservername . " for user " . $ftpusername . "<BR>\n";
return false;
} else {
echo "Connected to " . $ftpservername . ", for user " . $ftpusername . "<BR>\n";
}

if ( strlen( $ftpdirectory ) > 0 )
{
if (ftp_chdir($conn_id, $ftpdirectory )) {
echo "Current directory is now: " . ftp_pwd($conn_id) . "<BR>\n";
} else {
echo "Couldn't change directory on $ftpservername<BR>\n";
return false;
}
}

ftp_pasv ( $conn_id, true ) ;
// upload the file
$upload = ftp_put( $conn_id, $ftpdestinationfile, $ftpsourcefile, FTP_ASCII );

// check upload status
if (!$upload) {
echo "$ftpservername: FTP upload has failed!<BR>\n";
return false;
} else {
echo "Uploaded " . $ftpsourcefile . " to " . $ftpservername . " as " . $ftpdestinationfile . "<BR>\n";
}

// close the FTP stream
ftp_close($conn_id);

return true;
}

if (FTP_ENABLED)
ftp_file( "uploads.google.com", FTP_USERNAME, FTP_PASSWORD, $source_file, "", $destination_file);

//End FTP

// End TIMER
// ---------
$etimer = explode( ' ', microtime() );
$etimer = $etimer[1] + $etimer[0];
echo '<p style="margin:auto; text-align:center">';
printf( "Script timer: <b>%f</b> seconds.", ($etimer-$stimer) );
echo '</p>';
// ---------

?>

Again, I think this is something I or jack might get figured out. It seems to me that $product_url just needs to be changed to tep_href_link in the output section. With a little luck things will work out.

Again, I think this is something I or jack might get figured out. It seems to me that $product_url just needs to be changed to tep_href_link in the output section. With a little luck things will work out.

The reason that these contributions tend to hardcode stuff in and use native MySQL functions instead of e.g. tep_db_query etc is that standard cron jobs fail when there are included files. The solution to this is simply to use wget to access the cron file then includes can be used just fine.

e.g.

* * * * * * wget -q http://www.mysite.com/<path>/somefile.php >/dev/null

Edited by FWR Media

Robert,

Yes you are right, they should be desperate modifications. Maybe you would add them to the extras folder. I have put in a request with Jack_mcs to help make the automatic google feeder compatible with USU5. I noticed the links were hard coded. I attempted to convert it myself but failed due to lack of understanding of the SQL statement. With a little luck he will help out. I'm not asking at this point for your help but I thought I might as well post the code.

<?php
// Title: Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder 1.03
// Author: Calvin K
// Contact: [email protected]
//	Organization: Conceptual Networking
// Last Update: 07/15/09 by Jack_mcs at oscommerce-solution.com

/*************** BEGIN MASTER SETTINGS ******************/

define('SEO_ENABLED','true');	//Change to 'false' to disable if Ultimate SEO URLs is not installed
define('FEEDNAME', 'your-outfile.txt'); 	//from your googlebase account
define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'www.yourwebsite.com'); //your correct domain name (don't include www unless it is used)
define('FTP_USERNAME', 'googleFTP-username'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_PASSWORD', 'googleFTP-password'); //created from within your googlebase account
define('FTP_ENABLED', '1'); 	//set to 0 to disable
define('CONVERT_CURRENCY', '0'); //set to 0 to disable - only needed if a feed in a difference currecny is required
define('CURRENCY_TYPE', 'USD'); //(eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE', 1); //Change this to the id of your language. BY default 1 is english

define('OPTIONS_ENABLED', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_AGE_RANGE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_BRAND', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CONDITION', 1);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_CURRENCY', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_LANGUAGE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_MANUFACTURE_ID', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_FEED_QUANTITY', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MADE_IN', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_MANUFACTURER', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_PRODUCT_TYPE', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_SHIPPING', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_UPC', 0);
define('OPTIONS_ENABLED_WEIGHT', 0);

//the following only matter if the matching option is enabled above. 
define('OPTIONS_AGE_RANGE', '0-9');
define('OPTIONS_BRAND', '');
define('OPTIONS_CONDITION', 'New'); //possible entries are New, Refurbished, Used
define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_CURRENCY', 'USD');
define('OPTIONS_DEFAULT_FEED_LANGUAGE', 'en');
define('OPTIONS_LOWEST_SHIPPING', ''); //this is not binary. Custom Code is required to provide the shipping cost per product. ###needs to be an array for per product.
define('OPTIONS_MADE_IN', 'USA');
define('OPTIONS_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED_METHODS', ''); //Acceptable values: cash, check, GoogleCheckout, Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, Discover, wiretransfer
define('OPTIONS_WEIGHT_ACCEPTED_METHODS', 'lb'); //Valid units include lb, pound, oz, ounce, g, gram, kg, kilogram.

/*************** END MASTER SETTINGS ******************/ 

/*************** NO EDITS NEEDED BELOW THIS LINE *****************/

require_once('../includes/configure.php');

if (! function_exists("tep_not_null"))
{
function tep_not_null($value) {
if (is_array($value)) {
	if (sizeof($value) > 0) {
	return true;
	} else {
	return false;
	}
} else {
	if (($value != '') && (strtolower($value) != 'null') && (strlen(trim($value)) > 0)) {
	return true;
	} else {
	return false;
	}
}
}
}

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
//********************
// Modification for SEO
// Since the ultimate SEO was only installed on the public side, we will include our files from there.
require_once('../includes/filenames.php');
require_once('../includes/database_tables.php');

include_once('../' .DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');
$seo_urls = new SEO_URL(DEFAULT_LANGUAGE);

function tep_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true, $search_engine_safe = true) {
	global $seo_urls;
	return $seo_urls->href_link($page, $parameters, $connection, $add_session_id);
}
}

//********************
// Start TIMER
// -----------
$stimer = explode( ' ', microtime() );
$stimer = $stimer[1] + $stimer[0];
// -----------

$OutFile = "../feeds/" . FEEDNAME; 
$destination_file = FEEDNAME; 
$source_file = $OutFile;
$imageURL = 'http://' . DOMAIN_NAME . '/images/';
if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
$productURL = 'product_info.php'; // ***** Revised for SEO
$productParam = "products_id="; // ***** Added for SEO
}else{
$productURL = 'http://' . DOMAIN_NAME . '/product_info.php?products_id=';
}

$already_sent = array();
$taxRate = 0; //default = 0 (e.g. for 17.5% tax use "$taxRate = 17.5;")
$taxCalc = ($taxRate/100) + 1; //Do not edit

if(CONVERT_CURRENCY)
{
if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
	$productParam="currency=" . CURRENCY_TYPE . "&products_id=";
}else{
	$productURL = "http://" . DOMAIN_NAME . "/product_info.php?currency=" . CURRENCY_TYPE . "&products_id="; //where CURRENCY_TYPE is your currency type (eg. USD, EUR, GBP)
}
}

$feed_exp_date = date('Y-m-d', time() + 2592000 );

if (!($link=mysql_connect(DB_SERVER,DB_SERVER_USERNAME,DB_SERVER_PASSWORD)))
{
echo "Error when connecting itself to the data base";
exit();
}
if (!mysql_select_db( DB_DATABASE , $link ))
{
echo "Error the data base does not exist";
exit();
}

$sql = "
SELECT concat( '" . $productURL . "' ,products.products_id) AS product_url,
products_model AS prodModel,
manufacturers.manufacturers_name AS mfgName,
manufacturers.manufacturers_id,
products.products_id AS id,
products_description.products_name AS name,
products_description.products_description AS description,
products.products_quantity AS quantity,
products.products_status AS prodStatus,
products.products_weight AS prodWeight,
FORMAT( IFNULL(specials.specials_new_products_price, products.products_price) * " . $taxCalc . ",2) AS price,
CONCAT( '" . $imageURL . "' ,products.products_image) AS image_url,
products_to_categories.categories_id AS prodCatID,
categories.parent_id AS catParentID,
FROM (categories,
categories_description,
products,
products_description,
products_to_categories)

left join manufacturers on ( manufacturers.manufacturers_id = products.manufacturers_id )
left join specials on ( specials.products_id = products.products_id AND ( ( (specials.expires_date > CURRENT_DATE) OR (specials.expires_date is NULL) OR (specials.expires_date = 0) ) AND ( specials.status = 1 ) ) )

WHERE products.products_id=products_description.products_id
AND products.products_id=products_to_categories.products_id
AND products_to_categories.categories_id=categories.categories_id
AND categories.categories_id=categories_description.categories_id
ORDER BY
products.products_id ASC
";

$catInfo = "
SELECT
categories.categories_id AS curCatID,
categories.parent_id AS parentCatID,
FROM
categories,
categories_description
WHERE categories.categories_id = categories_description.categories_id
";

function findCat($curID, $catTempPar, $catTempDes, $catIndex)
{
if( (isset($catTempPar[$curID])) && ($catTempPar[$curID] != 0) )
{
	if(isset($catIndex[$catTempPar[$curID]]))
	{
		$temp=$catIndex[$catTempPar[$curID]];
	}
	else
	{
		$catIndex = findCat($catTempPar[$curID], $catTempPar, $catTempDes, $catIndex);
		$temp = $catIndex[$catTempPar[$curID]];
	}
}
if( (isset($catTempPar[$curID])) && (isset($catTempDes[$curID])) && ($catTempPar[$curID] == 0) )
{
	$catIndex[$curID] = $catTempDes[$curID];
}
else
{
	$catIndex[$curID] = $temp . ", " . $catTempDes[$curID];
}
return $catIndex;

}

$catIndex = array();
$catTempDes = array();
$catTempPar = array();
$processCat = mysql_query( $catInfo )or die( $FunctionName . ": SQL error " . mysql_error() . "| catInfo = " . htmlentities($catInfo) );
while ( $catRow = mysql_fetch_object( $processCat ) )
{
$catKey = $catRow->curCatID;
$catName = $catRow->catName;
$catParID = $catRow->parentCatID;
if($catName != "")
{
	$catTempDes[$catKey]=$catName;
	$catTempPar[$catKey]=$catParID;
}
}

foreach($catTempDes as $curID=>$des) //don't need the $des
{
$catIndex = findCat($curID, $catTempPar, $catTempDes, $catIndex);
}

$_strip_search = array(
"![\t ]+$|^[\t ]+!m", // remove leading/trailing space chars
'%[\r\n]+%m'); // remove CRs and newlines
$_strip_replace = array(
'',
' ');
$_cleaner_array = array(">" => "> ", "®" => "", "®" => "", "™" => "", "™" => "", "\t" => "", "	" => "");

if ( file_exists( $OutFile ) )
unlink( $OutFile );

$output = "link\ttitle\tdescription\texpiration_date\tprice\timage_link\tproduct_type\tid";

//create optional section
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED == 1)
{
	$output .= "\tage_range";
	$output .= "\tbrand";
	$output .= "\tcondition";
	$output .= "\tcurrency";
	$output .= "\tlanguage";
	$output .= "\tmanufacturer_id";
	$output .= "\tquantity";
	$output .= "\tmade_in";
	$output .= "\tmanufacturer";
	$output .= "\tpayment_accepted";
	$output .= "\tproduct_type";
	$output .= "\tshipping";
	$output .= "\tupc";
	$output .= "\tweight";
}
$output .= "\n";

$result=mysql_query( $sql )or die( $FunctionName . ": SQL error " . mysql_error() . "| sql = " . htmlentities($sql) );

//Currency Information
if(CONVERT_CURRENCY)
{
$sql3 = "
SELECT
currencies.value AS curUSD
FROM
currencies
WHERE currencies.code = '" . CURRENCY_TYPE . "'";

$result3=mysql_query( $sql3 )or die( $FunctionName . ": SQL error " . mysql_error() . "| sql3 = " . htmlentities($sql3) );
$row3 = mysql_fetch_object( $result3 );
}

$loop_counter = 0;

while( $row = mysql_fetch_object( $result ) )
{
if (isset($already_sent[$row->id])) continue; // if we've sent this one, skip the rest of the while loop

if( $row->prodStatus == 1 || (OPTIONS_ENABLED == 1 && $quantity == 1) )
{
	if (CONVERT_CURRENCY)
	{
		$row->price = ereg_replace("[^.0-9]", "", $row->price);
		$row->price = $row->price * $row3->curUSD;
		$row->price = number_format($row->price, 2, '.', ',');
	}

if(SEO_ENABLED=='true'){
	$output .= tep_href_link($productURL,$productParam . $row->id) . "\t" .
	$feed_exp_date . "\t" .
	$row->price . "\t" .
	$row->image_url . "\t" .
	$row->id;
}else{
			$output .= $row->product_url . "\t" .
			$feed_exp_date . "\t" .
			$row->price . "\t" .
			$row->image_url . "\t" .
			$row->id;
}

//optional values section
if(OPTIONS_ENABLED == 1)
{
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_AGE_RANGE;
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_BRAND;
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_CONDITION;
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_DEFAULT_CURRENCY;
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_DEFAULT_FFEED_LANGUAGE;
		$output .= " \t " . $row->prodModel;
		$output .= " \t " . $row->quantity;
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_MADE_IN; 
		$output .= " \t " . $row->mfgName;
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_PAYMENT_ACCEPTED_METHODS;
	{
		$catNameTemp = strtolower($catName);
		$output .= " \t " . $row->catName;
	}
		$output .= " \t " . OPTIONS_LOWEST_SHIPPING;
		$output .= " \t " . "Not Supported";
		$output .= " \t " . $row->prodWeight . ' ' .OPTIONS_WEIGHT_ACCEPTED_METHODS;
}
$output .= " \n";
}
$already_sent[$row->id] = 1;

$loop_counter++;
if ($loop_counter>750) {
fclose( $fp );
$loop_counter = 0;
$output = "";
}
}

fclose( $fp );
echo "File completed: <a href=\"" . $OutFile . "\" target=\"_blank\">" . $destination_file . "</a><br>\n";
chmod($OutFile, 0777);

//Start FTP

function ftp_file( $ftpservername, $ftpusername, $ftppassword, $ftpsourcefile, $ftpdirectory, $ftpdestinationfile )
{
// set up basic connection
$conn_id = ftp_connect($ftpservername);
if ( $conn_id == false )
{
echo "FTP open connection failed to $ftpservername <BR>\n" ;
return false;
}

// login with username and password
$login_result = ftp_login($conn_id, $ftpusername, $ftppassword);

// check connection
if ((!$conn_id) || (!$login_result)) {
echo "FTP connection has failed!<BR>\n";
echo "Attempted to connect to " . $ftpservername . " for user " . $ftpusername . "<BR>\n";
return false;
} else {
echo "Connected to " . $ftpservername . ", for user " . $ftpusername . "<BR>\n";
}

if ( strlen( $ftpdirectory ) > 0 )
{
if (ftp_chdir($conn_id, $ftpdirectory )) {
echo "Current directory is now: " . ftp_pwd($conn_id) . "<BR>\n";
} else {
echo "Couldn't change directory on $ftpservername<BR>\n";
return false;
}
}

ftp_pasv ( $conn_id, true ) ;
// upload the file
$upload = ftp_put( $conn_id, $ftpdestinationfile, $ftpsourcefile, FTP_ASCII );

// check upload status
if (!$upload) {
echo "$ftpservername: FTP upload has failed!<BR>\n";
return false;
} else {
echo "Uploaded " . $ftpsourcefile . " to " . $ftpservername . " as " . $ftpdestinationfile . "<BR>\n";
}

// close the FTP stream
ftp_close($conn_id);

return true;
}

if (FTP_ENABLED)
ftp_file( "uploads.google.com", FTP_USERNAME, FTP_PASSWORD, $source_file, "", $destination_file);

//End FTP

// End TIMER
// ---------
$etimer = explode( ' ', microtime() );
$etimer = $etimer[1] + $etimer[0];
echo '<p style="margin:auto; text-align:center">';
printf( "Script timer: <b>%f</b> seconds.", ($etimer-$stimer) );
echo '</p>';
// ---------

?>

I use the GoogleFeeder_V_2.4 with ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media and the URL's in my feed.txt are correct "http://www.mydollyandme.com.au/21australian-traffic-signs-p-121.html 21Australian Traffic Signs This is" etc. exactly as shown in the URL bar.

I use the GoogleFeeder_V_2.4 with ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media and the URL's in my feed.txt are correct "http://www.mydollyandme.com.au/21australian-traffic-signs-p-121.html 21Australian Traffic Signs This is" etc. exactly as shown in the URL bar.

So this sounds like GoogleFeeder_V_2.4 uses the correct functions.

Thanks for letting us know Graeme.

I am confused. I searched the contributions quite thoroughly (or at least I thought) and could not find this contribution. I even searched through google and could not find it. My question goes to Robert, did you make a googlefeed? Because the quote above says your the author. If not graeme can you please provide this for the general public ;)

Thanks my friend.

Ryan

Header tags seo (and other contributions) use PHP_SELF incorrectly which creates issues with standard seo urls, look back a few pages in this thread where I created a patch. Other than that all is current.

Well except for the new version 1.1 which is in development.

Thank you so much Rob for pointing that out.

I totally missed the patch for HT SEO... blush.gif

Thank you for taking the time to help straighten me out. wink.gif

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -