• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Hi Robert, great contribution.

I am relatively new, and this contribution was easy to install.

It works great with a "standard" URL rewrite type, but when i try "rewrite" i think i am missing something...

Do i have to install all the things in the "extra" folder? because i am getting 404 on all the products (my home page is fine).

Also when i change "add category parent" or "add cPath" in the admin panel it seems to have no effect (in both "standard" and "rewrite" URL rewrite type).

my php is 5.2.6

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Robert, great contribution.

I am relatively new, and this contribution was easy to install.

It works great with a "standard" URL rewrite type, but when i try "rewrite" i think i am missing something...

Do i have to install all the things in the "extra" folder? because i am getting 404 on all the products (my home page is fine).

Also when i change "add category parent" or "add cPath" in the admin panel it seems to have no effect (in both "standard" and "rewrite" URL rewrite type).

my php is 5.2.6

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Larry

Re: the rewrite method - did you read the instructions concerning the .htaccess file? in extras there is a file called htaccess the contents of this file need to be added to catalog/.htaccess and you need to be careful to correctly set RewriteBase.

Re: Category parents this works fine, if you click from a parent category to a child category the link of the child should contain the parent name, this does not happen with products (if that is what you were expecting).

Re:: Add cPath the cPath is permanent and shouldn't be, I will be uploading an upgrade today (hopefully) that will, amongst other things, remedy this.

UPGRADE to revision 89

No changes to osCommerce core files.

Changelog:

W3C option was not working on non seo urls.

Added bulgarian to character conversions pack (thanks garnet)

A few users were experiencing issues where incorrect cPaths were being entered into the registry

like 0_2_22_97. This update now creates a correct cPath within the code and therefore does

not rely on the validity of cPaths passed in by osCommerce.

Add cPath to product URLs? - was not working cPaths were always added to the product link.

Rewritten all modules - All modules now follow the same template ( see extras/module template (devs only) ).

This ensures that new modules are easily built and provides uniformity.

extras/module template (devs only) - Includes a blank module template and instructions for devs who wish to add a module.

Simple upgrade from r84

Upload the files found in directory extras/usu5_updates/r84_to_r89 maintaining the directory structure as always.

You should not have changed any files in the ultimate_seo_urls5 directory so there should be no conflicts.

*** IMPORTANT ***

Once you have uploaded the changed files you must immediately reset the cache admin>Configuration>Seo Urls 5>Reset SEO URLs Cache as there will be differences in the cached data.

Get the download:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6768

Edited by FWR Media

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/theurba4/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 320

Hi - i thought I'd installed everything ok, but when i click on a product I get this error, and cannot get back to main page. Also, when i ran the installer_class.php it said something about access denied...

Any advice?

Cheers & Thanks,

pete.

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/theurba4/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 320

Hi - i thought I'd installed everything ok, but when i click on a product I get this error, and cannot get back to main page. Also, when i ran the installer_class.php it said something about access denied...

Any advice?

Cheers & Thanks,

pete.

Any advice?

Cheers & Thanks,

pete.

That fatal error is a known osCommerce bug and nothing to do with this contribution (although there is probably an error that is kicking it off).

Re: installer_class.php you do not run that file you run installer.php only.

To get rid of the fatal error close all browsers and go back to the installer.

A couple of minor ommissions in the latest revision uploaded (r89) these changes will be in the next revision but if you want to apply them now .. here they are: -

Changelog:

Removed POSIX from abstracts/aDatamap.php for PHP5.3/PHP6 compatibility

Added $HTTP_GET_VARS to method extractByDirSeparator(){ in classes Usu_Validator.php

POSIX Removal:

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/abstracts/aDatamap.php

Find ..

// Remove special characters
   $pattern = (defined('SEO_REMOVE_ALL_SPEC_CHARS') && SEO_REMOVE_ALL_SPEC_CHARS == 'true') ?  "([^[:alnum:]])+" : "([[:punct:]])+";
   $link_text = ereg_replace($pattern, '', strtolower($string));
   $pattern = "([[:space:]]|[[:blank:]])+";
   $link_text = ereg_replace($pattern, '-', $link_text);

Replace with ..

// Remove special characters
   $pattern = (defined('SEO_REMOVE_ALL_SPEC_CHARS') && SEO_REMOVE_ALL_SPEC_CHARS == 'true') ?  "@[^\sa-z0-9]@i" : "@[!#\$%&'\"()\*\+,\-\./:;<=>\?\@\[\]\^_`\{|\}~]+@";
   $link_text = preg_replace($pattern, '', strtolower($string));
   $link_text = preg_replace("@[\s\v]+@", '-', $link_text);

$HTTP_GET_VARS addition:

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Validator.php

Find ..

// extract _GET from the "experimental" osC search engine friendly urls
   private function extractByDirSeparator(){  
     $tmp = explode('/', $this->filestring);
     $count = count($tmp);
     for ( $i=0; $i<$count; $i=$i+2 ){
       $newget[filter_var($tmp[$i], FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING)] = usu::cleanse($tmp[$i+1]);
       // assign cleansed key=>value pair to _GET
       $_GET[filter_var($tmp[$i], FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING)] = usu::cleanse($tmp[$i+1]);
     }
     // Newly created _GET array added to the querystring and converted to _GET string
     $getstring = http_build_query($newget) . '&' . $this->querystring;
     $this->querystring = rtrim($getstring, '&');
   }

Replace with ..

// extract _GET from the "experimental" osC search engine friendly urls
   private function extractByDirSeparator(){
   global $HTTP_GET_VARS;  
     $tmp = explode('/', $this->filestring);
     $count = count($tmp);
     for ( $i=0; $i<$count; $i=$i+2 ){
       $newget[filter_var($tmp[$i], FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING)] = usu::cleanse($tmp[$i+1]);
       // assign cleansed key=>value pair to _GET
       $_GET[filter_var($tmp[$i], FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING)] = usu::cleanse($tmp[$i+1]);
       $HTTP_GET_VARS[filter_var($tmp[$i], FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING)] = usu::cleanse($tmp[$i+1]);
     }
     // Newly created _GET array added to the querystring and converted to _GET string
     $getstring = http_build_query($newget) . '&' . $this->querystring;
     $this->querystring = rtrim($getstring, '&');
   }

Edited by FWR Media

Hi Larry

Re: the rewrite method - did you read the instructions concerning the .htaccess file? in extras there is a file called htaccess the contents of this file need to be added to catalog/.htaccess and you need to be careful to correctly set RewriteBase.

Re: Category parents this works fine, if you click from a parent category to a child category the link of the child should contain the parent name, this does not happen with products (if that is what you were expecting).

Re:: Add cPath the cPath is permanent and shouldn't be, I will be uploading an upgrade today (hopefully) that will, amongst other things, remedy this.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for quick reply.

Re: the rewrite method: My .htaccess file was changed as per instructions, but i didn't do other changes from the extra folder. Also i don't know how to set RewriteBase correctly.

Re: Category parents - i have products separated into categories. I thought that it would show category-name.product-name but it only shows product-name.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Also i don't know how to set RewriteBase correctly.

It is in the instructions

UPDATE Revision 96

Sorry for creating an update so quickly but there were some corrections in the contribution modules that needed to be addressed.

No changes to osCommerce core files.

Error free error_reporting( E_ALL | E_STRICT ) PHP5.3

Changelog:

Removed POSIX from abstracts/aDatamap.php for PHP5.3/PHP6 compatibility

Added $HTTP_GET_VARS to method extractByDirSeparator(){ in classes Usu_Validator.php

Modification to catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/abstracts/aDatamap.php to match changed modules

All modules updated

Changed Files: -

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/abstracts/aDatamap.php

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Validator.php

catalog/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/<all modules>

*** Upgrade instructions: ***

extras/usu5_updates/r89_to_r96

Upload all files maintaining the directory structure

Don't forget to delete the existing cache via admin.

Note about contributions: -

The contribution modules now do not accept long paths (like 5_23_52)

This functionality can be easily added back in by stopping the module stripping the long path (5_23_52) back to the base path (52).

The reason behind this is that I noticed that contributions like articles create a long path not based on a parent structure (like osC categories) but simply to highlight the topic menu, this results in two urls. e.g

topic23-t-23.html and topic23-2_5_23.html dependent on where you are viewing it .. this is duplicate content pure and simple. In the case of articles I would suggest not using the column_left/right menu at all.

Edited by FWR Media

If you really want one of the contribution modules to accept underscores you can do the following to any of them: -

Find ..

private $installed = false; // Unless it is a core module $installed should only be true if the contribution is installed ( e.g. articles or links manager etc )

Add immediately below ..

private $suppress_underscores = false; // Set to true Produce only base paths like -t-32 not parent paths like 3_5_23

Find ...

if ( false !== strpos( $valuepair[1], '_' ) ) { // It is a path with parents? ( has underscores )
      $base_path = ltrim( strrchr( $valuepair[1], '_' ), '_' ); // Grab the base path which is the number at the end of a path with parents ( e.g. 2_23_37_52 = 52 ) 
    }
    // Sanity check - if the $base_path is not numeric then we dump it
    if ( false === is_numeric( $base_path ) ) {
      trigger_error( __CLASS__ . ' Incorrect ' . self::DEPENDENCY . ' presented: ' . $valuepair[1], E_USER_WARNING );
      return false;
    }

Replace with

if ( false === $this->suppress_underscores ) {
      if ( false !== strpos( $valuepair[1], '_' ) ) { // It is a path with parents? ( has underscores )
        $base_path = ltrim( strrchr( $valuepair[1], '_' ), '_' ); // Grab the base path which is the number at the end of a path with parents ( e.g. 2_23_37_52 = 52 ) 
      }
    }
    // Sanity check - if the $base_path is not numeric then we dump it
    if ( false === is_numeric( str_replace( '_', '', $base_path ) ) ) {
      trigger_error( __CLASS__ . ' Incorrect ' . self::DEPENDENCY . ' presented: ' . $valuepair[1], E_USER_WARNING );
      return false;
    }

Edited by FWR Media

First of all, thank you for making this great addon!

I have installed it and I have an issue where my URLs show up as:

http://www.atlascuttingtools.com/index.php/burs-solid-carb-double-type-cylindrical-c-738_739?osCsid=f5169598a895f81e08f7b404578f9682

Is it possible to get them to show up without the random numbers/letters at the end? If so, how?

Thanks!

First of all, thank you for making this great addon!

I have installed it and I have an issue where my URLs show up as:

http://www.atlascuttingtools.com/index.php/burs-solid-carb-double-type-cylindrical-c-738_739?osCsid=f5169598a895f81e08f7b404578f9682

Is it possible to get them to show up without the random numbers/letters at the end? If so, how?

Thanks!

The osCsid is essential to osCommerce but is nothing to do with this contribution, if it does not disappear after a couple of clicks then you have a configuration issue.

Try searching the main forum.

Hi Robert

This is a possible fix (I can't see it covered elsewhere) for people using Ultimate Seo Urls 5 AND Article Manager WITH Articles at level 0 ie. not under any Topic .

It looks like naughty article manager does NOT provide a tId (topic ID) if you have only top level articles, and no topics for them. In theory, this topic id (tId) should be zero '0', but this only happens when you create topics (wtf). Instead, with no topics, tId is blank ie. ''. This bombs out SEO URL Usu_articles.php at line 129 because the base_path test fails (it's not a number, not even zero, just blank).

A possible fix: Just before

if ( false === is_numeric( $base_path ) ) {

insert the line:

if ($base_path=='') $base_path=0;

This straightens out the tId=0 issue when the tId is empty before the sanity check, and the site works again. Note only top level articles ie. ones under no topic cause this problem.

Have you heard of this issue before (I couldn't find it in search)? If you think it's real issue, you could use my code fix, or perhaps you've got a better idea to sort it out (mine was a quickie). A proper solution would probably see article manager changed ie. fixed, but maybe it's just worth a note in the install.

ps. Thanks for SEO URL's - I love the way it's easy to install, and sorry this posting wasn't one of those clueless "I did everything the manual said and it worked like a charm except my site has disappeared what have I done wrong? Plzzzz hlp...sumbudy" postings that we all love.

Pete

Edited by p2409

OSC User Definitions

"I can add modules to OSC" = I can search, cut and paste. But not well, or I wouldn't be here.

"I start my posting with 'works like a charm' = I'm letting you down gently, nothing works and I have no idea why

"I finish postings with "plzzzz....hlp" = My installation is buggered and I know I'm going to have to pay someone, but I really, really don't want to.

Hi Robert

This is a possible tip (I can't see it covered elsewhere) for people using Ultimate Seo Urls 5 AND Article Manager.

It looks like naughty article manager does NOT provide a tId (topic ID) if, for your very first article, you don't put it into a topic and it's a top level article ie. it's a topic level 0.

This bombs out SEO URL Usu_articles.php at line 129 because the base_path test fails (it's not a number, not even zero, just blank).

To Fix (without stuffing around with the main problem in article manager): Go ahead and add a topic, put your top level article under it, then move it back to the top level and delete the topic (if you don't want it). Now it gets a proper tId=0 in its link. Voila - SEO URL's will work again.

If you've heard of this before, or anyone can confirm it happening on their site too, maybe it's worth a quick note in the install notes sometime (I'll put a note up on the contribution page if you want - but wanted to get your view first).

Thanks for SEO URL's - I love the way it's easy to install, and sorry this posting wasn't one of those clueless "I did everything the manual said and it worked like a charm except my site has disappeared what have I done wrong? Plzzzz hlp...sumbudy" postings that we all love.

Pete

Thanks for taking the time to tell us Pete, this will certainly help users of article manager.

You even located why USU5 was rejecting the input and where the issue arose .. excellent!

I would rather that articles manager was edited rather than Usu_Articles.php though because it is perfectly valid to reject the empty input, it simply shouldn't have been passed through as empty.

Edited by FWR Media

Thanks for taking the time to tell us Pete, this will certainly help users of article manager.

You even located why USU5 was rejecting the input and where the issue arose .. excellent!

I would rather that articles manager was edited rather than Usu_Articles.php though because it is perfectly valid to reject the empty input, it simply shouldn't have been passed through as empty.

Thank goodness for xdebug eh? As we agree, the problem really is in Article Manager - sending no topic id is just silly! If I get a spare 1/2 hr I might take a quick look and post back.

ps. People who want to make the change above, use my previous P2409 posting - Robert snuck in an quoted an earlier, incorrect one I had up there....

Cheers

Pete

OSC User Definitions

"I can add modules to OSC" = I can search, cut and paste. But not well, or I wouldn't be here.

"I start my posting with 'works like a charm' = I'm letting you down gently, nothing works and I have no idea why

"I finish postings with "plzzzz....hlp" = My installation is buggered and I know I'm going to have to pay someone, but I really, really don't want to.

Hi,

Many thanks for this great SEO URLs contribution, I've been wanting to add one of these modules to our store

for a while but didn't know which of the contributions to choose!

This one turned out to be really simple to install and works great! :)

I was wondering how easy it would be to also include the category (also possibly the category parent) in

the products URL along with product name? For our site it's the category name which is more keyword

rich then the product itself so this would be a really useful feature.

I guess the only problem is with making the URL too long, and also that a single product can belong

to multiple categories. Has anyone managed to do this?

Thanks again for all your great work!

Kind regards

Scott

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5

by FWR Media

New - Modern - More Efficient - Faster - Compatible - Less Queries

Author: Robert Fisher - www.fwrmedia.co.uk

Thanks to the beta testers:

Tom Hodges-Hoyland, Jan Zonjee, toyicebear, GLCustoms

Requirements:

Server: *nix or Windows/IIS

PHP requirements:

Version: 5.2.0+ (actually 5.1.3+ I believe at time of launch)

Zlib

filter_var

SPL (Standard PHP Library)

Traditional Rewrite URIs require:

*nix server (Windows/IIS does not have mod_rewrite)

mod_rewrite (as part of the apache build)

AllowOveride All (php.ini setting)

Compatibility:

MySQL 5 (Strict Trans Tables)

Traditional rewrite uris (*nix) produce exactly the same uris as the old 2 series (assuming the same settings)

The above means that should you upgrade from 2 series you don't have to worry about changed links

Installation difficulty:

There are only eight small changes to just seven files so this is easy and quick. (2 minute "drop on top" install for devs/testers)

Simple database installer.

Upgrade from old series 2 seo urls:

Upgrade instructions included.

Removal script for old database entries.

Simple database installer.

New:

Works on Windows/IIS (BETA at time of launch due to lack of extensive testing)

Two seo uri choices .. standard and rewrite .. Windows/IIS can only use standard

error free - error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT)

Modular design

Plug in modules for contributions

Simple database installer

Inbuilt uri validation

301 redirects

Custom 404 Page not found

Zero queries or database use after cache fully loaded

Cache saving is sequential rather than one big DB hit

Admin selectable debug output

File (array) based character conversion (BETA at time of launch)

Simple cache life in admin based on "cache days"

Extensive security measures to safeguard the querystring

Series 2 database removal tool

Ability to switch between uri types via admin without changing any code as below:

On: standard seo uris - rewrite seo uris

Off: standard osC uris - experimental search engine safe uris

Included Modules:

Products

Categories

Manufacturers

Popup image

Included contribution modules (ALPHA at time of release as untested):

Information Pages

Articles, Article Info

Links

Newsdesk Index, Newsdesk Info, Newsdesk Reviews Info, Newsdesk Reviews Article

Features Removed (from old 2 series):

Page cache compatibility - the original author suggests that this should not be installed.

The contribution can be found at: -

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6768

Hi,

Many thanks for this great SEO URLs contribution, I've been wanting to add one of these modules to our store

for a while but didn't know which of the contributions to choose!

This one turned out to be really simple to install and works great! :)

I was wondering how easy it would be to also include the category (also possibly the category parent) in

the products URL along with product name? For our site it's the category name which is more keyword

rich then the product itself so this would be a really useful feature.

I guess the only problem is with making the URL too long, and also that a single product can belong

to multiple categories. Has anyone managed to do this?

Thanks again for all your great work!

Kind regards

Scott

Hi Scott

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like it.

I had considered adding the option of the category name before the product name but it holds seo penalties, I'll explain.

As you mentioned ..

a single product can belong to multiple categories

This could lead to several urls all pointing to the same product/content .. e.g.

cat1-my-great-product-p-32.html

cat2-my-great-product-p-32.html

cat2-my-great-product-p-32.html

This unfortunately is duplicate content.

I loaded the latest version of SEO 2.2 over the weekend and found that it wouldn't turn off to normal Oscommerce paths, so I reverted back, and used the usu2 removal tool in SEO5. I installed Ultimate SEO Urls 5 today, but, when turned on, all I get is page not found errors. It's as if nothing is being redirected. SEO 2.2 worked, meaning I did get .html links. I did reset the cache after installing SEO 5.

Here is my Admin for Seo Urls 5:

Seo Urls 5

Title Value Action

Select caching system. FileSystem Info

Enable SEO URLs? true

Add category parent to beginning of URLs? true Info

Filter Short Words 3 Info

Output W3C valid URLs? true Info

Choose URL Rewrite Type standard Info

Enter special character conversions Info

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false Info

Set the number of days to store the cache. 7 Info

Reset SEO URLs Cache Info

Turn degug reporting on/off. false Info

Add cPath to product URLs? false

Here is my .htaccess:

# $Id: .htaccess 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

#

# This is used with Apache WebServers

#

# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to

# the AllowOverride configuration

#

# Example:

#

# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

# AllowOverride Options

# </Directory>

#

# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the

# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet

# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>

<IfDefine SSL>

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \

nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \

downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

</IfDefine>

</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the

# following Apache configuration parameter

AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values

# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain

# servers)

# php_value session.use_trans_sid 0

# php_value register_globals 1

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Articles contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Information pages

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Links contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Newsdesk contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

The site is not a live shop yet. I am still working on it at http://www.natureguystudio.com/catalog

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Bruce

I loaded the latest version of SEO 2.2 over the weekend and found that it wouldn't turn off to normal Oscommerce paths, so I reverted back, and used the usu2 removal tool in SEO5. I installed Ultimate SEO Urls 5 today, but, when turned on, all I get is page not found errors. It's as if nothing is being redirected. SEO 2.2 worked, meaning I did get .html links. I did reset the cache after installing SEO 5.

The site is not a live shop yet. I am still working on it at http://www.natureguystudio.com/catalog

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Bruce

This suggests to me that your includes/configure.php is incorrect as usu5 uses the configuration values.

Post it here xxxing out any sensitive info.

The below is an example of how it should look:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

This is further proven by the following: -

I can access your site at ..

http://www.natureguystudio.com/catalog/index.php

But not at ..

http://www.natureguystudio.com/catalog/

When the page is refreshed the osCsid remains persistent which again means your configuration values are incorrect.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi

I have just installed ULTIMATE_Seo_Urls_5_r96_rc

Now the button add to cart (in the product page) does not work.

Does turning off SEO from admin, the button works again

Can you help?

Thanks

I can't help based on that info as there is no problem with this, it must be local.

View source on the product page and see what the code is. On my local server it looks like ..

<td class="main" align="right"><input type="hidden" name="products_id" value="20"><input type="image" src="includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_in_cart.gif" border="0" alt="Add to Cart" title=" Add to Cart "></td>

Or maybe it's the form .. mine is like ..

<form name="cart_quantity" action="http://www.localdev.com/usu5/product_info.php/beloved-p-20?action=add_product" method="post">

Edited by FWR Media

This suggests to me that your includes/configure.php is incorrect as usu5 uses the configuration values.

Post it here xxxing out any sensitive info.

The below is an example of how it should look:

This is further proven by the following: -

I can access your site at ..

http://www.natureguystudio.com/catalog/index.php'>http://www.natureguystudio.com/catalog/index.php

But not at ..

http://www.natureguystudio.com/catalog/

When the page is refreshed the osCsid remains persistent which again means your configuration values are incorrect.

Ok, I corrected that. The site is now available at natureguystudio.com/catalog/, but I still have troubles. Maybe there is something else messed up in the includes/configure.php?

When I click to view a product, http://www.natureguystudio.com//catalog/nature-sound-c-21.html?osCsid=783cabe1a1c8abff784b1db78bc5d5b0, FireFox errors: The page isn't redirecting properly, Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Here is the includes/configure.php file:

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.natureguystudio.com/'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.natureguystudio.com/'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.natureguystudio.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.natureguystudio.com');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '***********');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '************');

define('DB_DATABASE', '******_natureguystore');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

Thanks for the help!

Edited by natureguy

Ok, I corrected that. The site is now available at natureguystudio.com/catalog/, but I still have troubles. Maybe there is something else messed up in the includes/configure.php?

When I click to view a product, http://www.natureguystudio.com//catalog/nature-sound-c-21.html?osCsid=783cabe1a1c8abff784b1db78bc5d5b0,'>http://www.natureguystudio.com//catalog/nature-sound-c-21.html?osCsid=783cabe1a1c8abff784b1db78bc5d5b0, FireFox errors: The page isn't redirecting properly, Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Here is the includes/configure.php file:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.natureguystudio.com/'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.natureguystudio.com/'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.natureguystudio.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.natureguystudio.com');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '***********');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '************');

define('DB_DATABASE', '******_natureguystore');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

Thanks for the help!

Yes you still had some issues ..

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.natureguystudio.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.natureguystudio.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.natureguystudio.com');
define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.natureguystudio.com');

It was the / at the end of the urls causing the issue ..

http://www.natureguystudio.com/

Edited by FWR Media