• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

So does this mean, I have to ask the webhost to upgrade the php version to php 5.2 or can the filter be installed in php 5.1.4? Thx Robert.

There is no reason to have a php version less than 5.2.

5.2 was launched November 2006.

Hey guys!

How do I remove "p-44", "c-22" etc. at the end of the URLs?

You can't .. these refer to the auto incremented values for categories and products.

Hi

I have a problem with loading the database.

I get a message:

• All configuration values look good.
  • Configuration Group auto increment to start at 16
  • Tables look good to insert.
  • No tables to alter it seems.
  • No fields to insert it seems.
  • No fields to alter it seems.

No errors - we are in a position to continue the install.

When you click the install button it does not install the database.

Can you point me in the right direction to solve this.

Regards

Hi

I have a problem with loading the database.

I get a message:

• All configuration values look good.
  • Configuration Group auto increment to start at 16
  • Tables look good to insert.
  • No tables to alter it seems.
  • No fields to insert it seems.
  • No fields to alter it seems.

No errors - we are in a position to continue the install.

When you click the install button it does not install the database.

Can you point me in the right direction to solve this.

Regards

The instructions say "CLOSE ALL BROWSER WINDOWS" .. if you do you wont get a problem.

Edited by FWR Media

The instructions say "CLOSE ALL BROWSER WINDOWS" .. if you do you wont get a problem.

Hi

It made no difference.

I did a complete fresh install and dropped this onto it, same problem does not write to database.

Hi

It made no difference.

I did a complete fresh install and dropped this onto it, same problem does not write to database.

Clive

It writes to database.

The only thing that can happen is ..

a) You did not close all your browser windows then go directly to the installer

B) There are already entries in the database whereby the script will tell you.

Hi Robert,

My clients stupid web hosting company will not upgrade the PHP version from 5.1.4 to 5.2 and so I am not able to install USU!

Before I look for other solutions I am wondering if there is any way to make USU work on PHP 5.1.4. Thanks.

Clive

It writes to database.

The only thing that can happen is ..

a) You did not close all your browser windows then go directly to the installer

B) There are already entries in the database whereby the script will tell you.

Hi

I can assure you that I did close all browsers I even rebooted the machine to see if it made a difference. I will take your word that the database has been written. I assume then there is no admin side to this contrib like the Chemo SEO.

If I know enter the URL of the site http://www.printer-toners-4u.co.uk I get this in the title bar:

http://www.printer-toners-4u.co.uk/index.p...q418ko20m7b78f7

and the Page not Found.

If I enter the url http://www.printer-toners-4u.co.uk/index.php manually I get the index page of Oscommerce.

If you click on a link you get this in the title bar:

http://www.printer-toners-4u.co.uk/product...hkcgcsvbqg33p07 and the page not found.

If you click on the shop link in the Page not Found to take you back, you get in the title bar:

http://www.printer-toners-4u.co.uk/index.p...hkcgcsvbqg33p07 page not found

I am using the .htaccess that came with the contrib.

Any ideas?

Is it possible with this contribution to have categories separeted?

I mean instead of

catalog/tshirt-nice-love-p12.html

have

catalog/tshirt/nice-love.p12.html

?

No it isn't

I install your great contrib, but I still have osCsid in links ...

How can I fix that, to have only html in links?

Thanx in advance

F .Majer

osCsid is not something you can "fix" it is necessary for the functioning of the sessions in the cart and nothing to do with this contribution.

However, if the osCsid is persistent (never goes away) then you have configuration issues.

Hey Robert.

Thanks for a great contrib!

I have made some big changes to my osC installement.

Basically I have multi-level information pages, global functions/classes, stylesheet and the main index page at root level.

Then I have all shop related files (like index.php, product_info.php, shopping_cart.php and shop-specific classes and functions, etc.) in a folder called "Shop" and all article related files in a folder called "Articles".

So if one wants to read our articles one would goto: www.site.com/articles, and to shop: www.site.com/shop. (I also have a blog and a video manager (made from osC files) in their own folders, but not in use on this site).

I installed your contrib at root level (includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5...).

I changed the self::$usuPath to absolute:

DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR;.

And the $this->cache_path to:

self::$usuPath . 'cache' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR;.

I also added the folder names to the $url in each module (Usu_Products, Usu_Categories, Usu_Article_Info, etc). Like this:

$this->linkCreate(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'shop/' . $reg_item['link_text'], '-p-', $valuepair[1]);.

The .htaccess file also has folder names like this:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ shop/product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}.

I can get the seo URLs to work for all sections, except for this:

• If I clear the cache and surf my pages and products within and between the "shop" and "articles" folders everything works fine. The information pages at root level works fine too. But... if I go to a page at root level and THEN go back to a product (category) page I get a 404 error. This does not happen if I go from root level to an article page.

• The "301 redirect" and the "404 Not Found" only seems to work proper at root level.

My question is: Do you think it's even possible to get it to work this way? Or should I just stop experimenting and go to bed? :rolleyes:

/ I know I need to provide som links and code to get help but for now I would just like to know your thoughts on this.

osCsid is not something you can "fix" it is necessary for the functioning of the sessions in the cart and nothing to do with this contribution.

However, if the osCsid is persistent (never goes away) then you have configuration issues.

Can you point where to search in configuration, please?

I wish you a nice day

F. Majer

hello would like to know if this is compatible with Independent SEO URL Validation which was meant for the original Ultimate SEO URLS

thanks

I wrote independent seo url validation for version 2 and it is not needed in USU5 as the functionality is incorporated.

Hey Robert.

Thanks for a great contrib!

I have made some big changes to my osC installement.

Basically I have multi-level information pages, global functions/classes, stylesheet and the main index page at root level.

Then I have all shop related files (like index.php, product_info.php, shopping_cart.php and shop-specific classes and functions, etc.) in a folder called "Shop" and all article related files in a folder called "Articles".

So if one wants to read our articles one would goto: www.site.com/articles, and to shop: www.site.com/shop. (I also have a blog and a video manager (made from osC files) in their own folders, but not in use on this site).

I installed your contrib at root level (includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5...).

I changed the self::$usuPath to absolute:

DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR;.

And the $this->cache_path to:

self::$usuPath . 'cache' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR;.

I also added the folder names to the $url in each module (Usu_Products, Usu_Categories, Usu_Article_Info, etc). Like this:

$this->linkCreate(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'shop/' . $reg_item['link_text'], '-p-', $valuepair[1]);.

The .htaccess file also has folder names like this:

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ shop/product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}.

I can get the seo URLs to work for all sections, except for this:

• If I clear the cache and surf my pages and products within and between the "shop" and "articles" folders everything works fine. The information pages at root level works fine too. But... if I go to a page at root level and THEN go back to a product (category) page I get a 404 error. This does not happen if I go from root level to an article page.

• The "301 redirect" and the "404 Not Found" only seems to work proper at root level.

My question is: Do you think it's even possible to get it to work this way? Or should I just stop experimenting and go to bed? :rolleyes:

/ I know I need to provide som links and code to get help but for now I would just like to know your thoughts on this.

The problem you will be facing is validation.

USU5 will take the incoming uri and strip it down to, in this case, products_id=123

It will then request a fresh uri based on tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=123' );

The returned uri will not match and therefore 404 page not found or a redirect.

Hi again Rob,

I have a slightly odd problem. My seourls were working great (i love this contrib!) but now thay have gone a little funny... When i click a link in my store it takes me to mystore.com/products_info.php?products_id=123 and not the seourl. But, if i type into the address bar mystore.com/product-name-p-123.html it also takes me to that products page (not by redirection, it stays as mystore.com/product-name-p-123.html in address bar) so its kind of half-working - if that makes sense?

I havnt really done very much to make this change happen (that i know of) - i did install a script to help keep my stock levels in line with my dropshipper and import new products but i cant see why that would have changed it.

Any ideas?

thanks loads in advance. Matt

The problem you will be facing is validation.

USU5 will take the incoming uri and strip it down to, in this case, products_id=123

It will then request a fresh uri based on tep_href_link( FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=123' );

The returned uri will not match and therefore 404 page not found or a redirect.

Is it possible to add the current folder name to the returned uri using $current_folder = basename(dirname(__FILE__)); or something.

Hi again Rob,

I have a slightly odd problem. My seourls were working great (i love this contrib!) but now thay have gone a little funny... When i click a link in my store it takes me to mystore.com/products_info.php?products_id=123 and not the seourl. But, if i type into the address bar mystore.com/product-name-p-123.html it also takes me to that products page (not by redirection, it stays as mystore.com/product-name-p-123.html in address bar) so its kind of half-working - if that makes sense?

I havnt really done very much to make this change happen (that i know of) - i did install a script to help keep my stock levels in line with my dropshipper and import new products but i cant see why that would have changed it.

Any ideas?

thanks loads in advance. Matt

Hi Matt

this sounds odd.

Re:

When i click a link in my store it takes me to mystore.com/products_info.php?products_id=123

You haven't mentioned what the link IS that takes you to the standard osC uri.

Is it possible to add the current folder name to the returned uri using $current_folder = basename(dirname(__FILE__)); or something.

__FILE__ returns the path of the file where the code containing __FILE__ exists so no this would be useless.

the USU5 tep_href_link function (replacement) would need to be coded to recognise if and when it needed to append the relevant paths.

I don't mind answering questions like this but please don't fill up support with further references to personal needs.

hi

I'd like to ask whether it's possible to make my store urls, for example :

domain/category1/subcategory1/product-name.html

I am using Ultimate SEO URL, but the url displayed :

domain/manufacture-product-name-p-12.html

Is there any contributions that can make my store URLS like i mentioned above ?

thanks

hi

I'd like to ask whether it's possible to make my store urls, for example :

domain/category1/subcategory1/product-name.html

I am using Ultimate SEO URL, but the url displayed :

domain/manufacture-product-name-p-12.html

Is there any contributions that can make my store URLS like i mentioned above ?

thanks

This support topic is for USU5 general enquiries should be directed at the general forum.