• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

Hello,

After installing this contribution We have OSCSID in the URL and its not going after several clicks too.

is there any way we can figured it out....?

Please help.

Thanks,

Hardik Vyas

HV InfoTech

Hello,

After installing this contribution We have OSCSID in the URL and its not going after several clicks too.

is there any way we can figured it out....?

Please help.

Thanks,

Nothing to do with this contribution is is your configure settings.

I have an extremely modified osC 2.2 RC1. I keep a test install of this on a subdomain, so I can test out contributions and my own scripts. Anyway I tested this out on my test site and all was well. In fact it was amazingly easy, however; I missed a step when I installed this contribution on the live site. I didn't close my browser prior to the db install. Now I have the session variable in all of the urls. Very similar to the above post, maybe even identical. I have checked my configurations and nothing there that would cause this issue. Pretty much identical to the test site configurations, except the paths lead to copies of the files in the subdomain. Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Edited by jsalis

I run a completely customized osC2.2 RC1 shop with mostly custom modifications that replicate the features of many contributions available except in a way that the data is more easily synced with Quickbooks on a continuous basis.

I have an extremely modified osC 2.2 RC1. I keep a test install of this on a subdomain, so I can test out contributions and my own scripts. Anyway I tested this out on my test site and all was well. In fact it was amazingly easy, however; I missed a step when I installed this contribution on the live site. I didn't close my browser prior to the db install. Now I have the session variable in all of the urls. Very similar to the above post, maybe even identical. I have checked my configurations and nothing there that would cause this issue. Pretty much identical to the test site configurations, except the paths lead to copies of the files in the subdomain. Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Please forgo responding to this post as I have no idea how, but I have apparently resolve the issue or it has resolved itself or it was simply my imagination. Rarely do I let something go unexplained, but I am going to let this one go.

You may however be interested to know that I have experimented with this contribution, just a tad. On my test site I am using it in conjunction with Thickbox to display the product descriptions via AJAX. Works quite nicely in all browsers, except IE so far. IE is omitting the <form> tag causing the the add to cart button not to work. This of course is an issue with Thickbox not your code or mine. Anyway mod was quite simple I just went into the product listing module and added the thickbox class and request to the product page links, put the script and link tags in the header and adjusted my product_info.php script to only display the actual product description (omit the header, column left, column right, and footer) when the thick box variables are present. this enables use of the the google sitemap for product pages, so people can still get the full page when arriving from google or elsewhere and landing directly on a product page. My main motivation for this was to cut down on the php parsing and db queries needed to get the product information (the side benefit is that it also looks pretty slick). You can check it out here http://test.49ercommunications.com/store

I run a completely customized osC2.2 RC1 shop with mostly custom modifications that replicate the features of many contributions available except in a way that the data is more easily synced with Quickbooks on a continuous basis.

Did you mean "and supports my view that our code is LIKELY to be the problem" because where you say "I have applied the potential fix in my test environment in which I cannot reproduce this problem" suggests that, as on my local site where I have your categories and products installed, the problem does not exist.

Just trying to get a handle on it.

I meant that my code and your contribution work fine in my test environment but there are issues, as reported, in my live environment. This leads me to conclude that my code is unlikely to be the problem and that, perhaps due to the high volume of calls to this contrib in the live environment, some corruption occurs.

You haven't mentioned the code that I sent you to attempt to solve it for you?

I tested the code you sent but had to switch it off minutes later because I was seeing category links like:

--c-0_1190.html?page=3

--c-0_1150_2030.html

--c-0_1210.html

which implied that the category name was being dropped and the problematic leading zero was still evident.

Any other ideas?

This leads me to conclude that my code is unlikely to be the problem and that, perhaps due to the high volume of calls to this contrib in the live environment, some corruption occurs.

Nope .. I think your code is almost definately the problem as no one else is experiencing this issue .. and .. as I've stated before .. the cache that you sent me was not corrupt .. it was perfect.

I can't test robustly on your live site so can't help.

Edited by FWR Media

Ive tried searching for a solution to this because it seems to me that I must have missed one little thing but cant find any related articles.

When I enable SEO URLS every link I click from the main page (products, manufacturers) take me to a 404 Page Not Found. When its disabled it works perfectly again with the standard URL's. I have come to believe that it may be an issue with my .htaccess file but I cant figure out what exactly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ive tried searching for a solution to this because it seems to me that I must have missed one little thing but cant find any related articles.

When I enable SEO URLS every link I click from the main page (products, manufacturers) take me to a 404 Page Not Found. When its disabled it works perfectly again with the standard URL's. I have come to believe that it may be an issue with my .htaccess file but I cant figure out what exactly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

What type of server are you on *nix or WinDoze?

When you experience this issue is it with rewrite seo urls or standard seo urls or both?

Can you post here one of the urls that is causing a 404.?

Is there a site for me to see?

Rob,

I am putting together a very simplistic contribution that I would like to integrate a "drop on top" file-set for USU5.

The idea is based on those members who wish to expand their product_description based on further information they have to impart on their customer base, without the wish to have an "expanded" product_info page or "bamboozle" the customer. The code allows an if NOT NULL "Read more..." text link through to a stand-alone file whereby more information can be accessed via the specific product_id.

I have (locally) just used the /includes/module/Ultimate_Seourls5/modules/Usu_Products.php as the file to produce my -prm- indicator. I was, however wanting (for modular purposes) to provide a simple addon /.../Usu_Read_More.php so as to reduce the need to edit your code.

However, is the product_id dependancy available to use for modules outside the Usu_Products.php file? I have attempted to "clone" the Usu_Products.php logic, omitting references to product_reviews etc, but have found an error 404 when I do. I can a only assume that this is due to the product_id previously being declared?

Would you be able to suggest a work-around? Or if the product_id is a dependant, is the only way to integrate a new module, to provide an amended Usu_Products.php file?

Kind regards,

James

Can someone point out the key issues that define the re-write in the two contributions:

SEO URL: /hewlett-packard-laserjet-1100xi-p-27.html

SEO-G: /hewlett-packard-laserjet-1100xi.html

Just a few ideas buzzing in my head and wanted to double check before experimenting. Thanks.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

What type of server are you on *nix or WinDoze?

When you experience this issue is it with rewrite seo urls or standard seo urls or both?

Can you post here one of the urls that is causing a 404.?

Is there a site for me to see?

Hey Robert, thanks so much for your prompt response!

It running on Linux. The site is on maintenance mode so unless I turn it off you would not be able to actually see what's going on. However, it still has all the stock pages and products so hopefully that will simplify things a bit.

With Ultimate SEO URLs disabled I click 'There is Something About Mary" from the reviews box I go to:

http://mysite.com/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=19&reviews_id=1

However if I click it when Ultimate SEO URLs is enabled it takes me to this link which consequently is a 404 Error, Page not Found:

http://mysite.com/theres-something-about-mary-pri-19.html?reviews_id=1

Same for any page from the index. Here are a couple of more examples:

Manufacturer Canon

Disabled:

http://mysite.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=6

Enabled:

http://mysite.com/canon-m-6.html

Category Hardware

Disabled:

http://mysite.com/index.php?cPath=1

Enabled:

http://mysite.com/hardware-c-1.html

Pages like contact us and the like still function as expected when Ultimate SEO URLs is enabled.

Let me know if you think you got this one figured out or if you need more information.

Edited by inalilbubble

Hey Robert, thanks so much for your prompt response!

It running on Linux. The site is on maintenance mode so unless I turn it off you would not be able to actually see what's going on. However, it still has all the stock pages and products so hopefully that will simplify things a bit.

With Ultimate SEO URLs disabled I click 'There is Something About Mary" from the reviews box I go to:

http://mysite.com/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=19&reviews_id=1

However if I click it when Ultimate SEO URLs is enabled it takes me to this link which consequently is a 404 Error, Page not Found:

http://mysite.com/theres-something-about-mary-pri-19.html?reviews_id=1

Same for any page from the index. Here are a couple of more examples:

Manufacturer Canon

Disabled:

http://mysite.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=6

Enabled:

http://mysite.com/canon-m-6.html

Category Hardware

Disabled:

http://mysite.com/index.php?cPath=1

Enabled:

http://mysite.com/hardware-c-1.html

Pages like contact us and the like still function as expected when Ultimate SEO URLs is enabled.

Let me know if you think you got this one figured out or if you need more information.

Those links are all fine so it is a .htaccess issue .. try removing all entries in .htaccess except for those required by this contribution and see if that works .. basically the job of .htaccess is to transform the seo url into a standard osCommerce url thereby adding the relevant key => value pairs to _GET

Rob,

I am putting together a very simplistic contribution that I would like to integrate a "drop on top" file-set for USU5.

The idea is based on those members who wish to expand their product_description based on further information they have to impart on their customer base, without the wish to have an "expanded" product_info page or "bamboozle" the customer. The code allows an if NOT NULL "Read more..." text link through to a stand-alone file whereby more information can be accessed via the specific product_id.

I have (locally) just used the /includes/module/Ultimate_Seourls5/modules/Usu_Products.php as the file to produce my -prm- indicator. I was, however wanting (for modular purposes) to provide a simple addon /.../Usu_Read_More.php so as to reduce the need to edit your code.

However, is the product_id dependancy available to use for modules outside the Usu_Products.php file? I have attempted to "clone" the Usu_Products.php logic, omitting references to product_reviews etc, but have found an error 404 when I do. I can a only assume that this is due to the product_id previously being declared?

Would you be able to suggest a work-around? Or if the product_id is a dependant, is the only way to integrate a new module, to provide an amended Usu_Products.php file?

Kind regards,

James

Hi James

If you want to create a new module file I would suggest doing a file compare (WinMerge) of ..

Usu_Newsdesk_Info.php

and ..

Usu_Information.php

This assumes that the values you pass through (-prm-) will all be numeric and not like cPaths with _

Can someone point out the key issues that define the re-write in the two contributions:

SEO URL: /hewlett-packard-laserjet-1100xi-p-27.html

SEO-G: /hewlett-packard-laserjet-1100xi.html

Just a few ideas buzzing in my head and wanted to double check before experimenting. Thanks.

Hi Chooch

The key issue with the SEO-G approach is that it relies on pure text as an identifier which is open to misinterpretation/unreliable.

USU uses cPath/products_id etc .. these by their nature are auto increment values and are therefore 100% unique and directly reference the osCommerce database based on those values.

Rob,

The more I use this contribution the more I appreciate it. I haven't dug into your code to see if there is any room for improvement, but it is very fast and effective. I also use your Tax Exempt Contribution, however I modified that one pretty heavily to meet some of my unique needs. That was a nice bit of coding as well, by the way, however; I am not writing today to swell your head, but to give you some information. I have (since using this contrib) seen 160 404 errors in my Google webmaster tools reports. You can see the exported CSV file with all of the resulting urls. Most of them have to do with tell a friend or reviews pages. However there were some strange ones in there. here is the link to the CSV file: http://49ercommunications.com/seoURLerrors.csv

Care to share your thoughts on this?

-Jason

Rob,

The more I use this contribution the more I appreciate it. I haven't dug into your code to see if there is any room for improvement, but it is very fast and effective. I also use your Tax Exempt Contribution, however I modified that one pretty heavily to meet some of my unique needs. That was a nice bit of coding as well, by the way, however; I am not writing today to swell your head, but to give you some information. I have (since using this contrib) seen 160 404 errors in my Google webmaster tools reports. You can see the exported CSV file with all of the resulting urls. Most of them have to do with tell a friend or reviews pages. However there were some strange ones in there. here is the link to the CSV file: http://49ercommunications.com/seoURLerrors.csv

Care to share your thoughts on this?

-Jason

Hi Jason

Most of those errors seem to relate to the "non working" osCommerce "experimental" search engine safe urls .. I presume you had that activated prior to installing USU5.

If you take your front page .. the links listed are as above (like http://49ercommunications.com/store/index.php/cPath/80_83) so whenever Google visits it will be 301 redirected .. not good.

All of your links need to use the standard osC tep_href_link() function.

Edited by FWR Media

Those links are all fine so it is a .htaccess issue .. try removing all entries in .htaccess except for those required by this contribution and see if that works .. basically the job of .htaccess is to transform the seo url into a standard osCommerce url thereby adding the relevant key => value pairs to _GET

Thanks! However, did not work. I replaced the contents of my .htaccess file with the following:

#Ultimate SEO URLs BEGIN
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /directory/

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^options\=(.*)$
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2%1
RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# BOF: "Extra pages-info box w/ admin" support added by faaliyet
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# EOF: "Extra pages-info box w/ admin" support added by faaliyet
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Added polls and newsdesk
#RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# BOF: Faqdesk support added by faaliyet
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# EOF: Faqdesk support added by faaliyet
# Ultimate SEO URLs END

# Block Bad Bots
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^BlackWidow [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Bot\ mailto:[email protected] [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^ChinaClaw [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Custo [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^DISCo [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Download\ Demon [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^eCatch [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^EirGrabber [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^EmailSiphon [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^EmailWolf [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Express\ WebPictures [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^ExtractorPro [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^EyeNetIE [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^FlashGet [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^GetRight [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^GetWeb! [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Go!Zilla [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Go-Ahead-Got-It [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^GrabNet [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Grafula [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^HMView [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} HTTrack [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Image\ Stripper [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Image\ Sucker [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} Indy\ Library [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^InterGET [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Internet\ Ninja [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^JetCar [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^JOC\ Web\ Spider [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^larbin [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^LeechFTP [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Mass\ Downloader [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^MIDown\ tool [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Mister\ PiX [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Navroad [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^NearSite [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^NetAnts [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^NetSpider [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Net\ Vampire [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^NetZIP [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Octopus [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Offline\ Explorer [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Offline\ Navigator [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^PageGrabber [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Papa\ Foto [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^pavuk [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^pcBrowser [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^RealDownload [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^ReGet [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^SiteSnagger [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^SmartDownload [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^SuperBot [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^SuperHTTP [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Surfbot [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^tAkeOut [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Teleport\ Pro [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^VoidEYE [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Web\ Image\ Collector [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Web\ Sucker [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebAuto [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebCopier [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebFetch [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebGo\ IS [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebLeacher [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebReaper [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebSauger [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Website\ eXtractor [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Website\ Quester [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebStripper [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebWhacker [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebZIP [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Wget [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Widow [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WWWOFFLE [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Xaldon\ WebSpider [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Zeus
RewriteRule .* - [F]

Hi Chooch

The key issue with the SEO-G approach is that it relies on pure text as an identifier which is open to misinterpretation/unreliable.

USU uses cPath/products_id etc .. these by their nature are auto increment values and are therefore 100% unique and directly reference the osCommerce database based on those values.

Thanks for the reply FWR, I was trying to compare certain aspects of the two ;)

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Thanks! However, did not work. I replaced the contents of my .htaccess file with the following:

You didn't do what I asked .. I said to replace ALL of .htaccess with JUST the entries required by this contribution.

The following is ( I imagine ) wrong

RewriteBase /directory/

the instructions clearly define how to set RewriteBase

You didn't do what I asked .. I said to replace ALL of .htaccess with JUST the entries required by this contribution.

The following is ( I imagine ) wrong

RewriteBase /directory/

the instructions clearly define how to set RewriteBase

Thanks so much! I knew it must have been something small i missed. Works perfectly now.

Hello, I have been using ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 and i think its great.

I have a question. When I click a category that has several pages the link to page 2 for example is www.mysite.com/nicecategoryname.html?page=2&sort=2a .

When I click this link the link back to www.mysite.com/nicecategoryname.html?page=1&sort=2a

I would prefer this to just say www.mysite.com/nicecategoryname.html for the first link because google could see this as duplicate content.

This also applies to the prev link.

Has anyone else solved this problem?

Thanks

Hello, I have been using ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 and i think its great.

I have a question. When I click a category that has several pages the link to page 2 for example is www.mysite.com/nicecategoryname.html?page=2&sort=2a .

When I click this link the link back to www.mysite.com/nicecategoryname.html?page=1&sort=2a

I would prefer this to just say www.mysite.com/nicecategoryname.html for the first link because google could see this as duplicate content.

This also applies to the prev link.

Has anyone else solved this problem?

Thanks

Hi Huntz

Glad you like USU5, re: your problem I uploaded a contribution to combat this some time ago.

You can find it here

Hello Robert,

I am trying to install USU 5 and when I run installer.php I get the following error:

"You cannot install this script as the function filter_var() does not exist in your PHP set up"

I have php 5 running. Can you please help? Thanks.

Edited by raheemm

Hello Robert,

I am trying to install USU 5 and when I run installer.php I get the following error:

"You cannot install this script as the function filter_var() does not exist in your PHP set up"

I have php 5 running. Can you please help? Thanks.

Yup check phpinfo() and you'll see that filters are not enabled in your PHP5 set up .. madness as it is a security set of filters.

Yup check phpinfo() and you'll see that filters are not enabled in your PHP5 set up .. madness as it is a security set of filters.

So does this mean, I have to ask the webhost to upgrade the php version to php 5.2 or can the filter be installed in php 5.1.4? Thx Robert.