• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

If you posted elsewhere then you wouldn't get a responce as this is the support topic.

What server type are you on?

If rewrites don't work then it is only one of a few things which are all mentioned somewhere in this topic.

I'm using apache

Hi,

I have a similar problem it seems to some other people: With Ultimate SEO urls switched on it seems to stop the product_info.php.html (from STS) pages from working, and instead just displays the standard product_info.php layout.

I know for others the problem has been that they have HeaderTags installed and need to make the changes to $page in their header_tags.php file, but i dont even have the headertags contrib installed and im getting this problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks very much in advance.

Matt

Hi,

I have a similar problem it seems to some other people: With Ultimate SEO urls switched on it seems to stop the product_info.php.html (from STS) pages from working, and instead just displays the standard product_info.php layout.

I know for others the problem has been that they have HeaderTags installed and need to make the changes to $page in their header_tags.php file, but i dont even have the headertags contrib installed and im getting this problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks very much in advance.

Matt

FIX : If anyone else is having this problem i managed to fix it by turning on rewrite urls. no idea why this fixed it but it did! Maybe Rob has an idea?

FIX : If anyone else is having this problem i managed to fix it by turning on rewrite urls. no idea why this fixed it but it did! Maybe Rob has an idea?

I have a pretty good idea and it is in line with the other problems experienced.

When using "standard seo uris" $PHP_SELF/$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] on some servers contains the seo url and not the expected filename, PHP_SELF should not be used in any script as it is unreliable and hack/spoofable.

I don't use STS and have no intention of doing so, which means that I cannot test directly, but I would imagine that somewhere STS uses PHP_SELF .. osCommerce relies on PHP_SELF which is one of the reasons the "experimental search engine friendly urls" do not work.

Hi Robert,

When I first go to my site with USU installed and click on one of the links, the friendly URL does NOT show up. But if I click on the link a second time or click on a different link the friendly URLs start working. This only happens the first time I click on a link.

For example, the first time I click it shows as - http://usgc.fewtureweb.com/apple-toner-car...f921f2bbe32ab1b

But if I click on any link on the page after that, the friendly URLs work. Eg - http://usgc.fewtureweb.com/apple-toner-cartridge-c-3.html

The store is running on Oscommerce v2.2 RC1. Can you please advice? Thanks.

Hi Robert,

When I first go to my site with USU installed and click on one of the links, the friendly URL does NOT show up. But if I click on the link a second time or click on a different link the friendly URLs start working. This only happens the first time I click on a link.

For example, the first time I click it shows as - http://usgc.fewtureweb.com/apple-toner-car...f921f2bbe32ab1b

But if I click on any link on the page after that, the friendly URLs work. Eg - http://usgc.fewtureweb.com/apple-toner-cartridge-c-3.html

The store is running on Oscommerce v2.2 RC1. Can you please advice? Thanks.

I don't see your problem .. both links are correct seo links the first simply has the session appended as it should on first visit.

Further to the issue I reported a few weeks ago, I started getting errors that appear to be related to the cache:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 44 bytes) in [snip]/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 32, referer: [snip]/create_account_success.php

I had enabled this contribution for a few days and it appears that there are memory issues.

Any ideas anyone?

Further to the issue I reported a few weeks ago, I started getting errors that appear to be related to the cache:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 44 bytes) in [snip]/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/classes/Usu_Cache_FileSystem.php on line 32, referer: [snip]/create_account_success.php

I had enabled this contribution for a few days and it appears that there are memory issues.

Any ideas anyone?

I'll try to have a look at this tonight .. what is the size of the cache file when this error occurs and can you email me a copy please? admin(at)<my forum name>(dot)co(dot)uk

Thanks Robert. Did not realize that was by design. Sounds good to me.

I had one other question - is there any sitemap contribution that you endorse? I would like to install sitemap code that pulls in the URLs generated by USU. Thanks again for your great code and excellent support.

I don't see your problem .. both links are correct seo links the first simply has the session appended as it should on first visit.

Any ideas anyone?

I have identified an issue with HUGE numbers of categories/products and will look into it.

I just spent an hour loading up the cache with your 389 categories and 4527 products .. uggggh had to click every category then click through the paging for each category .. not much fun!!!

I have identified an issue with HUGE numbers of categories/products and will look into it.

I just spent an hour loading up the cache with your 389 categories and 4527 products .. uggggh had to click every category then click through the paging for each category .. not much fun!!!

Actually no I've identified no problem.

I thought I'd identified a problem because I saw cPaths like 0_1230_2370_2870_28703350

I therefore thought that 28703350 is an obvious error for a category id, but no, you actually have created categories with numbers like this in your database .. god knows why.

Somewhere in the script of your site links are being created appending 0_ to the beginning of the cPaths USU5 assumes it will receive a valid cPath from the script and so creates a new entry/seo url for it (as requested) this is happening multiple times and creating a memory leak. We could of course query every single cPath incoming from the script to ensure it is correct but that would defeat the object as we'd have a new query for every single cPath whether cached or not.

To summarise, at this stage I am seeing this as a localised issue as opposed to a problem/bug with USU5.

I have however sent you by email some code that may fix it locally for you.

Actually no I've identified no problem.

I thought I'd identified a problem because I saw cPaths like 0_1230_2370_2870_28703350

I therefore thought that 28703350 is an obvious error for a category id, but no, you actually have created categories with numbers like this in your database .. god knows why.

Somewhere in the script of your site links are being created appending 0_ to the beginning of the cPaths USU5 assumes it will receive a valid cPath from the script and so creates a new entry/seo url for it (as requested) this is happening multiple times and creating a memory leak. [snip]

Thanks for the update Robert.

I don't believe that my version of oscommerce is prefixing cPath with "0_". If it consistently did this for selected categories then I could investigate specifics but the prefix is applied at random (i.e. after clearing the cache and restarting the same link may or may not have the 0_ prefix) leading me to suspect cache issues.

I cannot risk using the contribution as is because the memory leak caused my live system to become unusable but I will try to modify the code to work around it because I would very much like to use this contribution in future.

Thanks for the update Robert.

I don't believe that my version of oscommerce is prefixing cPath with "0_". If it consistently did this for selected categories then I could investigate specifics but the prefix is applied at random (i.e. after clearing the cache and restarting the same link may or may not have the 0_ prefix) leading me to suspect cache issues.

I cannot risk using the contribution as is because the memory leak caused my live system to become unusable but I will try to modify the code to work around it because I would very much like to use this contribution in future.

It seems to happen at random because once a parent has 0_ appended then the children all suffer the same fate.

You haven't mentioned the code that I sent you to attempt to solve it for you?

It seems to happen at random because once a parent has 0_ appended then the children all suffer the same fate.

You haven't mentioned the code that I sent you to attempt to solve it for you?

@leafyglade

Also and for your information: -

The cache is not corrupted as you keep mentioning .. you sent me the cache file and it is perfectly formed.

When a gzdeflate(serialize( array is corrupt then it is CORRUPT it will not inflate and unserialize also when such a file corrupts it doesn't "neatly" append 0_ to array values.

You contacted me via email and I wrote a potential fix for the "what I believe to be" localised issues but you have not responded.

I am quite comfortable as of this moment that the issue is with the coding of your website and not with USU5.

@leafyglade

Also and for your information: -

The cache is not corrupted as you keep mentioning .. you sent me the cache file and it is perfectly formed.

When a gzdeflate(serialize( array is corrupt then it is CORRUPT it will not inflate and unserialize also when such a file corrupts it doesn't "neatly" append 0_ to array values.

You contacted me via email and I wrote a potential fix for the "what I believe to be" localised issues but you have not responded.

I am quite comfortable as of this moment that the issue is with the coding of your website and not with USU5.

Given the apparent unpredictability of the contribution in my environment after a period of time it seemed to me that a corrupt cache was the most likely issue but of course I accept your subsequent statement about the memory leak and agree that this explains the PHP error reported.

I have applied the potential fix in my test environment (in which I cannot reproduce this problem and supports my view that our code is unlikely to be the problem) and I will apply it to our live site later this week when I have time to monitor it hourly. Unfortunately, the memory leak that we experienced meant that customers were unable to complete orders until I switched off the contribution with significant consequences for us.

Lest my posts do not fully indicate it, I very much appreciate the attention you are giving to supporting your contribution and I am hopeful that this can be resolved and made permanently live on our site.

Given the apparent unpredictability of the contribution in my environment after a period of time it seemed to me that a corrupt cache was the most likely issue but of course I accept your subsequent statement about the memory leak and agree that this explains the PHP error reported.

I have applied the potential fix in my test environment (in which I cannot reproduce this problem and supports my view that our code is unlikely to be the problem) and I will apply it to our live site later this week when I have time to monitor it hourly. Unfortunately, the memory leak that we experienced meant that customers were unable to complete orders until I switched off the contribution with significant consequences for us.

Lest my posts do not fully indicate it, I very much appreciate the attention you are giving to supporting your contribution and I am hopeful that this can be resolved and made permanently live on our site.

I have applied the potential fix in my test environment (in which I cannot reproduce this problem and supports my view that our code is unlikely to be the problem)

Did you mean "and supports my view that our code is LIKELY to be the problem" because where you say "I have applied the potential fix in my test environment in which I cannot reproduce this problem" suggests that, as on my local site where I have your categories and products installed, the problem does not exist.

Just trying to get a handle on it.

Edited by FWR Media

Dunno if this was mentioned here before:

I installed this contrib, but then got error: "Unable to determine the page link!"

This was due to the Index fix applied.

I simply had to reverse the changes and it worked i.e

Changed require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT_HOME);

to

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);

Hi,

I'm in the process of installing this impressive contribution and I have general problem:

My store is Multilanguage store (hebrew,english,arabic)

1.The site always reverts back to the English language. I can start with Hebrew on a such as:

http://www.my_store.com/catalog/index.php?language=en

but when clicking a category link the path changes to:

http://www.my_store.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

At this point the language is still Hebrew, but if I wait for a while an hit "Refresh" the store will jump back to English, regardless of Default language settings.

As a result of 1. wouldn't that cause me trouble with google indexing? - If a page will always be indexed without the ?language= parameter Customers will never be able to reach my Hebrew or Arabic pages directly from the Google search.

So:

I would like to display all links with the language parameter, no matter where:

http://www.my_store.com/catalog/index.php?...amp;language=he

Can this contribution help me with that?

I have posted this question in two more places but got no answer and a little at lost here.

Please,

Thank you,

Eyal

How About an Open Source Car?

Hi,

I can't seem to get ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 to work for me. (RCA2)

installer.php went fine and all code replaced and uploaded.

If "Choose URL Rewrite Type = rewrite" - (I understand that I have to use rewrite because I have Header tags SEO installed) the page gives an error : "Redirect Loop"

If "Choose URL Rewrite Type = standard" the I get the "FWR MEDIA - Page not found" message.

When Setting Enable SEO URLs?=false, I get products missing images and 0.00 for prices

This is the second attempt of installing it and with the same results.

Confused,

Thank you,

Eyal

Eyal

Can this contribution help me with that?

I have posted this question in two more places but got no answer and a little at lost here.

At the moment no .. the default set up of osCommerce is really not set up for the individual indexing of multi languages.

Hi,

I can't seem to get ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 to work for me. (RCA2)

installer.php went fine and all code replaced and uploaded.

If "Choose URL Rewrite Type = rewrite" - (I understand that I have to use rewrite because I have Header tags SEO installed) the page gives an error : "Redirect Loop"

If "Choose URL Rewrite Type = standard" the I get the "FWR MEDIA - Page not found" message.

When Setting Enable SEO URLs?=false, I get products missing images and 0.00 for prices

This is the second attempt of installing it and with the same results.

Confused,

Thank you,

Eyal

Without viewing a site I haven't a clue as the contribution does not suffer such a problem.

I presume you are running PHP5.2+?

At the moment no .. the default set up of osCommerce is really not set up for the individual indexing of multi languages.

Thank you so much for your answer!

I will continue this topic in

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=341368

I hope you don't ,mind but I have quoted you there.

Edited by eyal_barouk

Eyal

Thank you so much for your answer!

I will continue this topic in

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=341368

I hope you don't ,mind but I have quoted you there.

I think the issue may be related to incorrect settings in your includes/configure.php file

could you post the first 9 defines from that file please.

Edited by FWR Media