• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

My bad - here is more info about the problem. The url rewrite works fine when I select the "standard" method. But the links stop working when I use "rewrite" method. So for example, the following link works - http://usgc.fewtureweb.com/index.php/apple...tridge-c-3.html

But this one is NOT working - http://usgc.fewtureweb.com/apple-toner-cartridge-c-3.html

I added the .htaccess file from the extra folder of the USU install folder, but that did not work either. So I have removed it. The only difference between having the .htaccess and deleting it, is that when its deleted, the error page shown is the one from FWR media. If the htaccess file is available in the catalog folder, then the default Apache error page shows up.

- Raheem

That just means that your server is not allowing RewriteRules

1) Make sure RewriteBase is correct

2) Try commenting out Options +FollowSymLinks

So

#Options +FollowSymLinks

If that doesn't work you either do not have mod_rewrite compiled with apache or AllowOveride is not set to ALL.

That just means that your server is not allowing RewriteRules

1) Make sure RewriteBase is correct

2) Try commenting out Options +FollowSymLinks

So

#Options +FollowSymLinks

If that doesn't work you either do not have mod_rewrite compiled with apache or AllowOveride is not set to ALL.

Hi Robert,

Yes, the problem was with the RewriteBase file but not the symlinks part - it was the "RewriteBase" line. I removed the catalog folder from the line "RewriteBase /" and its all working. Thanks for your help.

- Raheem

Hi,

I am having two problems, both problems go away when I turn off Ultimate SEO 5 and then are back when I turn it on. I would really like to use this program, as it is really cool!

Background: I have installed STSv4.5.8, Ultimate SEO 5.0, and HeaderTags SEO V 3.1.5. I started with a clean install of oscommerce, dropped STS directly over it (so their shouldn't be any mistakes with that part) and then altered the various many pages for the other two. So far all of the programs are working well except....

Problem: With STS you can alter the product_info page so that you get it to look the way you want it but it uses the c path which Ultimate changes. Also the popup boxes work, but something else pops up instead of the picture, again, I am pretty sure it is because STS pulls from the c path and the c path has been changed.

Any clues?

Thanks to all of the many people who help the people like me who don't have a clue!

Hi,

I am having two problems, both problems go away when I turn off Ultimate SEO 5 and then are back when I turn it on. I would really like to use this program, as it is really cool!

Background: I have installed STSv4.5.8, Ultimate SEO 5.0, and HeaderTags SEO V 3.1.5. I started with a clean install of oscommerce, dropped STS directly over it (so their shouldn't be any mistakes with that part) and then altered the various many pages for the other two. So far all of the programs are working well except....

Problem: With STS you can alter the product_info page so that you get it to look the way you want it but it uses the c path which Ultimate changes. Also the popup boxes work, but something else pops up instead of the picture, again, I am pretty sure it is because STS pulls from the c path and the c path has been changed.

Any clues?

Thanks to all of the many people who help the people like me who don't have a clue!

Header tags and STS issues have already been covered in this support thread .. read them and see if they cover your issues.

Hi,

But my problem is NOT with the HeaderTags it is with the Ultimate SEO. The header tags are working great and as far as I can see there is no problems.

When Ultimate SEO is turned on in the admin panel NONE of the product_info.php.html pages work.

Thanks.

Hi,

But my problem is NOT with the HeaderTags it is with the Ultimate SEO. The header tags are working great and as far as I can see there is no problems.

When Ultimate SEO is turned on in the admin panel NONE of the product_info.php.html pages work.

Thanks.

The problem IS with header tags .. this contribution produces uris via the correct tep_href_link() function ... header tags breaks because it uses $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] to assertain the filename which is known to be unreliable and hackable .... header tags "assumes" PHP_SELF contains the filename but often with seo urls it contains /my-great-product-c-33.

As I said before .. read the previous posts.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi,

I use PC as local host.

===============================

Server Host: (192.168.0.17) Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)

Server OS: Database: MySQL 5.0.67-community-nt

Server Date: 07/10/2009 22:37:46 Datebase Date: 07/10/2009 22:37:46

Server Up Time:

HTTP Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1

PHP Version: 5.2.6 (Zend: 2.2.0)

===============================

I installed osc with /catalog/diretory. I installed SEO Urls 5 with upload the files and manually changed the files following "install_modify_files.html".

I try to access the front page http://localhost/catalog/index.php?osCsid=...gfl77a4ug2fl580

It shows "Page not found".

Your help is very appreciated.

Thanks,

Can someone advise what Tables are used for this contrib. I got side tracked when I first installed and made some errors. A second try gave me the "At least one of the tables to insert already exists!" error when running the /installer.php file.

There is no tables with 'seo' included so I do not know what other tables are part of it.

Thanks,

Nav

Hi,

I have looked through all of the pages and from what I can tell is that the guy whole wrote the Headers add-on uses hardwired links and when you have a addon that changes the links problems are caused. Which must drive those who do follow the standards nuts....

I don't know php that well to go through his code by myself and change it to the oscommerce standards.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks

Is anyone out there able to address this issue of what tables are being used by Ultimate Seo Urls 5? I am stuck with a partial install and no answers to fix it so I can complete the install. I have removed all tables with 'SEO' and 'FWR' referenced but I still get a "At least one of the tables to insert already exists!". The installation does not refer to this error, nor does it give any heads-up on how to work around it. I really do not want to start randonly deleting table to see what works.

Nav

Can someone advise what Tables are used for this contrib. I got side tracked when I first installed and made some errors. A second try gave me the "At least one of the tables to insert already exists!" error when running the /installer.php file.

There is no tables with 'seo' included so I do not know what other tables are part of it.

Thanks,

Nav

Thanks Alea, thats the table that needed to be deleted. It's now installed correctly.

Nav

Sorry for my not answering NavCopy, been a bit busy on commercial stuff, glad you got it sorted.

Hi,

I'm in the process of building oscommerce shop and from previous experience now take a different approach. I first install all contribs one by one before changing the look and adding products.

Now already installed a few things (not alot) but did install header tags seo from jack_mcs. Now i wanted to install this one but read through the support thread first.

Now i really want this contrib and a header tag contrib. I dont want to do burts solution as it leaves the more weak basename. Is there another header tag solution that will work or is there a way to get the headertag seo to work with your basename solution?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm in the process of building oscommerce shop and from previous experience now take a different approach. I first install all contribs one by one before changing the look and adding products.

Now already installed a few things (not alot) but did install header tags seo from jack_mcs. Now i wanted to install this one but read through the support thread first.

Now i really want this contrib and a header tag contrib. I dont want to do burts solution as it leaves the more weak basename. Is there another header tag solution that will work or is there a way to get the headertag seo to work with your basename solution?

Thanks

Most of the people I know, including professionals, use cDynamic meta tags .. you can't set the tags yourself but they are fully automated and it is far far "less fat" than the header tags contrib.

If you send me a personal email I can direct you to a newer version of it.

admin (at) <my forum name> dot co dot uk

Hi,

Thanks for the great contribution, works a treat. I do have a problem though. I bought a template from template monster and assumed it would be an after install like with Zen Cart templates. However, it's the full OSC package. So, I installed it for a fresh site and when I dropped the Ultimate SEO files on top, it kind of killed the template layout. Is there a recommended way to make this contribution work with Template Monster templates?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Paiger

Hi,

Thanks for the great contribution, works a treat. I do have a problem though. I bought a template from template monster and assumed it would be an after install like with Zen Cart templates. However, it's the full OSC package. So, I installed it for a fresh site and when I dropped the Ultimate SEO files on top, it kind of killed the template layout. Is there a recommended way to make this contribution work with Template Monster templates?

Thanks in advance.

When adding contributions to a Monster Template version, or other template versions, you can not drop over and replace files ... you will have to install the contributions manually and add in the required code changes by using text or php editor like notepad, crimson editor ++

You can also use programs like Winmerge and beyond compare to compare code differences in the files.

When adding contributions to a Monster Template version, or other template versions, you can not drop over and replace files ... you will have to install the contributions manually and add in the required code changes by using text or php editor like notepad, crimson editor ++

You can also use programs like Winmerge and beyond compare to compare code differences in the files.

Thanks, I'll give that a go. Just done a fresh install of the template. I plan on istnalling the meta tags contribution as well, I guess thats the same procedure?

Most of the people I know, including professionals, use cDynamic meta tags .. you can't set the tags yourself but they are fully automated and it is far far "less fat" than the header tags contrib.

If you send me a personal email I can direct you to a newer version of it.

admin (at) <my forum name> dot co dot uk

I, of course, disagree with this. I don't want to get into a "mine is better than yours" type of argument. It really doesn't matter to me which contribution is used. But it should be pointed out that the two contributions really aren't comparable. cDyanmic is a script to handle meta tags. The fact that it does it poorly is irrelevant for this point. Header Tags SEO handles meta tags but makes many other improvements that are needed for a site. I don't know what you mean by "less fat," but keep in mind that simpler doesn't mean better.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I, of course, disagree with this. I don't want to get into a "mine is better than yours" type of argument. It really doesn't matter to me which contribution is used. But it should be pointed out that the two contributions really aren't comparable. cDyanmic is a script to handle meta tags. The fact that it does it poorly is irrelevant for this point. Header Tags SEO handles meta tags but makes many other improvements that are needed for a site. I don't know what you mean by "less fat," but keep in mind that simpler doesn't mean better.

Jack

No offence intended Jack and certainly no "mine is better than yours" type argument as I have "as yet" not written a contribution to manage meta tags. I realise that a lot of effort and thought have gone into the various "header tags" contributions which should be applauded.

By "less fat" I mean that (for me) the header tags contribution just adds way to much complexity for what is effectively a simple addition (I am avoiding purposefully the added functionality) and I choose cDynamic (albeit my own version) adding the ability to "personalise" each tag is simple without adding "bloat".

Users will choose what they think best.

No offence intended Jack and certainly no "mine is better than yours" type argument as I have "as yet" not written a contribution to manage meta tags. I realise that a lot of effort and thought have gone into the various "header tags" contributions which should be applauded.

By "less fat" I mean that (for me) the header tags contribution just adds way to much complexity for what is effectively a simple addition (I am avoiding purposefully the added functionality) and I choose cDynamic (albeit my own version) adding the ability to "personalise" each tag is simple without adding "bloat".

Users will choose what they think best.

No offense taken. My point, though, wasn't to differentiate between how each handles meta tags. The purpose behnd both is to improve the SEO of the shop. cDynamic stops at meta tags. Header Tags goes a number of steps beyond. Your statement implied they did the same thing so I just wanted to point out that mistake since it could cause some shops to list more poorly.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

No offense taken. My point, though, wasn't to differentiate between how each handles meta tags. The purpose behnd both is to improve the SEO of the shop. cDynamic stops at meta tags. Header Tags goes a number of steps beyond. Your statement implied they did the same thing so I just wanted to point out that mistake since it could cause some shops to list more poorly.

Jack

I am interested in the original question of whether the 2 contibutions (Header Tags and this one) are at all possible to install together.

I have already installed the Header Tags, so may as well leave the extra functionality (a cop out for trying to un-install it!) if it is possible to install together. Also, it may be nice to have the extra functionality that Header Tags provides as well as this in more general terms.

Hello,

Didn't get any feedback AT ALL from a previous post category so I thought I would try it here. I have this contribution installed. It works perfectly in standard mode. But when I try to test it in rewrite mode, I face issues. I installed rc2a and it works great. I'm working from my catalog folder (mysite->catalog->all my files)

I have

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

in my .htaccess page, within my catalog directory, just to make sure I have mod_rewrite enabled.

I have AllowOverride set to "All" in my <Dicrectory "c:/.../htdocs"> block, located in my httpd.conf file.

So with all that said, when I land on my homepage everything works fine. But when I go away from it to any category or product page, I get...

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Didn't get any feedback AT ALL from a previous post category so I thought I would try it here. I have this contribution installed. It works perfectly in standard mode. But when I try to test it in rewrite mode, I face issues. I installed rc2a and it works great. I'm working from my catalog folder (mysite->catalog->all my files)

I have

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

in my .htaccess page, within my catalog directory, just to make sure I have mod_rewrite enabled.

I have AllowOverride set to "All" in my <Dicrectory "c:/.../htdocs"> block, located in my httpd.conf file.

So with all that said, when I land on my homepage everything works fine. But when I go away from it to any category or product page, I get...

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

If you posted elsewhere then you wouldn't get a responce as this is the support topic.

What server type are you on?

If rewrites don't work then it is only one of a few things which are all mentioned somewhere in this topic.