• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 - by FWR Media

The site won't even load.

I believe the site is working now as traffic is being shown in the logs.

I do not think the problem is with the contrib it appears to be the Firefox browser for some reason.

I have check the old server which also uses Firefox and although it works with the Chemo contrib it will not work with this contrib likewise the contrib FWR seo validation and the code change for Googlesitemaps which I took off of here last night all stop working when viewed in Firefox.

Lastly can you tell me which document list the items for sale ie which page processes the information if you wish to view an item.

I thank you for your help.

I believe the site is working now as traffic is being shown in the logs.

I do not think the problem is with the contrib it appears to be the Firefox browser for some reason.

I have check the old server which also uses Firefox and although it works with the Chemo contrib it will not work with this contrib likewise the contrib FWR seo validation and the code change for Googlesitemaps which I took off of here last night all stop working when viewed in Firefox.

Lastly can you tell me which document list the items for sale ie which page processes the information if you wish to view an item.

I thank you for your help.

No it is not that .. in fact it works perfectly .. UNTIL .. when you hover over the categories you get the wrong domain ..

http://www.test.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=3_13

I think you are saving the osCommerce cache of several shops to the same location and they are crossing over/conflicting. (remember I am talking of the osCommerce cache not the usu5 cache)

Turn the osCommerce cache off .. if it all works then change your cache path in admin to a cache folder local to the site.

No it is not that .. in fact it works perfectly .. UNTIL .. when you hover over the categories you get the wrong domain ..

I think you are saving the osCommerce cache of several shops to the same location and they are crossing over/conflicting. (remember I am talking of the osCommerce cache not the usu5 cache)

Turn the osCommerce cache off .. if it all works then change your cache path in admin to a cache folder local to the site.

I have turned the cache off in the osCommerce cache and it makes no difference.

On this machine there is only one shop installed and working, so there can be no cross over conflicting.

I have spent a number of hours researching the problem with Firefox now that I know it could be the browser and not oscommerce or its contribs, there does appear to be many many other people with the same problem albeit theirs are to do with Yahoo and Wordpress with many remedies that do not work for me ie clearing the cookies history.

One of the remedies that has been put forward is with PHP5 in the php.ini , register_long_arrays is set to off by default.

I will try changing that and see if it works.

regards

I have turned the cache off in the osCommerce cache and it makes no difference.

On this machine there is only one shop installed and working, so there can be no cross over conflicting.

I have spent a number of hours researching the problem with Firefox now that I know it could be the browser and not oscommerce or its contribs, there does appear to be many many other people with the same problem albeit theirs are to do with Yahoo and Wordpress with many remedies that do not work for me ie clearing the cookies history.

One of the remedies that has been put forward is with PHP5 in the php.ini , register_long_arrays is set to off by default.

I will try changing that and see if it works.

regards

Well ok but that still won't explain why the categories have entirely the wrong domain address.

Has the domain www.test.co.uk which should be www.homes-direct2u.co.uk

Whatever it is it certainly doesn't seem to be related to this contribution.

Hi there

just installed this contri

everything works fine except my buttons in the what new box on the index it just give me the old url

the rest is fine

Any ideas

help please

danta67

They must be cached or not using tep_href_link().

thank you for your answer

they are al using tep-href_link

what you mean with cached

thank you

danta67

If you don't know what "cached" means then it is unlikely that it is cached. In which case unless I can view the site I have to assume that the buttons causing the problem are not using the correct tep_href_link function .. because if they were the same links would be produced as everywhere else.

i found out what you meant with the tep_href

i correct the thing and al is ok now

thank you FWR

Ok Dan you are welcome.

I'd be tempted to have those buy now buttons using FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO rather than FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW so that they also have seo links too.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi Everybody!

I installed Multi-stores (Multistores v2.0 with corrections V2.0 16 may 2009 With one database and one admin you can make lot's of oscommerce store. You can define configuration database table for each store- configuration1, conf2 and so on ) and after Ultimate SEO Urls ( 2.1e ORIGINAL updated 14 Jun 2009) too. The problem is, if I would like to configure SEO url-s I can configure only one store and the others not.

The store I can configure is always other. I have no idea what to do. I need search engine safe urls.

If anybody can help please don't hesitate :)

I have osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2 Released

Zsolt

Edited by gombszorp

Hi Everybody!

I installed Multi-stores (Multistores v2.0 with corrections V2.0 16 may 2009 With one database and one admin you can make lot's of oscommerce store. You can define configuration database table for each store- configuration1, conf2 and so on ) and after Ultimate SEO Urls ( 2.1e ORIGINAL updated 14 Jun 2009) too. The problem is, if I would like to configure SEO url-s I can configure only one store and the others not.

The store I can configure is always other. I have no idea what to do. I need search engine safe urls.

If anybody can help please don't hesitate :)

I have osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2 Released

Zsolt

Wrong support topic .. you are talking about the old seo urls .. this topic is about the new version 5.

Hi Robbert,

I installed this version on my other site, instead of the Ultimate seo urls, like you suggested in the Ultimate seo urls forum. With the isapi rewrite I have your version working, (the rewrite version). I did have to change a little bit of the httpd.ini code. It's also working with the Header tags seo.

But with the standard version it's not working with the Header tags seo, that breaks it, and it's moving my right column to the bottom of my page.

So I'm glad it's working but think it's strange that the standard version breaks with Header tags.

I don't know if you are intrested in the code of the httpd.ini file that I use for your contrib, but here it is:

[iSAPI_Rewrite]

UriMatchPrefix /catalog/

UriFormatPrefix /catalog/

# From Ultimate SEO URLs

RewriteRule [^?]*-p-([0-9]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /product_info.php\?products_id=$1?2&$2[i,L]

RewriteRule [^?]*-c-([0-9_]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /index.php\?cPath=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

RewriteRule [^?]*-m-([0-9]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /index.php\?manufacturers_id=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

RewriteRule [^?]*-pr-([0-9]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /product_reviews.php\?products_id=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

RewriteRule [^?]*-pri-([0-9]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /product_reviews_info.php\?products_id=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

RewriteRule [^?]*-pi-([0-9]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /popup_image.php\?pID=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

# Articles contribution

RewriteRule [^?]*-t-([0-9_]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /articles.php\?tPath=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

RewriteRule [^?]*-a-([0-9]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /article_info.php\?articles_id=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

# Information pages

RewriteRule [^?]*-i-([0-9]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /information.php\?info_id=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

# Links contribution

RewriteRule [^?]*-links-([0-9_]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /links.php\?lPath=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

RewriteRule [^?]*-n-([0-9]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /newsdesk_info.php\?lPath=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

RewriteRule [^?]*-nc-([0-9]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /newsdesk_index.php\?lPath=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

RewriteRule [^?]*-nri-([0-9]+)\.html(?:\?(.*))? /newsdesk_reviews_info.php\?lPath=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

RewriteRule [^?]*-nra-([0-9]+))\.html(?:\?(.*))? /newsdesk_reviews_article.php\?lPath=$1?2&$2 [i,L]

UriMatchPrefix

UriFormatPrefix

On this site I'm not using the article manager or newsdesk, so I can't test if that's working too

Hi Robbert,

I installed this version on my other site, instead of the Ultimate seo urls, like you suggested in the Ultimate seo urls forum. With the isapi rewrite I have your version working, (the rewrite version). I did have to change a little bit of the httpd.ini code. It's also working with the Header tags seo.

But with the standard version it's not working with the Header tags seo, that breaks it, and it's moving my right column to the bottom of my page.

So I'm glad it's working but think it's strange that the standard version breaks with Header tags.

I don't know if you are intrested in the code of the httpd.ini file that I use for your contrib, but here it is:

On this site I'm not using the article manager or newsdesk, so I can't test if that's working too

Hi Clau123 this is extremely interesting and thank you very much for taking the time to post it.

Re: header tags .. I had a brief look at the latest version (don't use it myself) I think header tags may not like a "directory structure URI" perhaps.

But I have to say that the job of this contribution is to reliably produce the correct seo uris via the standard tep_href_link() function .. if contributions break due to this then they are faulty. (my guess would be that they are hardcoded to make assumptions based on the old seo urls).

I am very interested in the code by the way .. pm me please or if you can understand it my email is admin at <myforum name (no spaces)> dot co dot uk

Edited by FWR Media

Hi Rob and Claudia,

Just reading the last two post above re: USU5 and Header Tags 3.1.5 - I have both the contributions working together with no loss of column_right structure/placement on the page whilst using both rewrite and standard USU5 methods.

One note to mention is that I have spent (and will need to revisit the code with introducing more contributions) a lot of time trying to bring the Header Tags code to W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional standards (along with a great number of other contributions). I found that on a vanilla install, Header Tags (and others) did have a tendancy to throw the column_right out of place. I therefore would suggest (although don't quote me on it!) that it's not an incompatibility issue with the two contributions - rather a need to 'sort' the HTML display out.

If you try (and I haven't done it in a while) installing HTSEO first on a vanilla install and see what the output is, you should find that there will be a display error, thus it not being USU5.

If necessary I'll switch my USU5 URI's to 'standard' for you guys to have a look.. just give me a shout.

Regards,

James

Good day,

I've just installed this new wonderful addon. I upgraded from your previous 2.1 version and didn't install any other update, so I'm glad you made an updated version now.

Two question about this. From the download on the oscommerce site, are there any small updates to be done? I've seen you have mentioned some things, but are those in the download already?

Then, I see you mention "built in url validator". Does this mean I can uninstall the "Indepented SEO URL Validator" you created for the 2 series?

Thanks for all the great work!

Hi Francesco

Two question about this. From the download on the oscommerce site, are there any small updates to be done? I've seen you have mentioned some things, but are those in the download already?

The current revision has no outstanding issues the updates are for previous revisions.

Then, I see you mention "built in url validator". Does this mean I can uninstall the "Indepented SEO URL Validator" you created for the 2 series?

Yes, USU5 has built in validation there is no need (nor is it compatible) for additional validation

Thanks for all the great work!

My pleasure

Hi ! This is a great contribution but i have a problem with the installation . I have made all the changes you indicated but when i wanted to make the database install i got over this warnings :

•At least one of the configuration values already exists!

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Documents and Settings\darth sidious\My Documents\xampp\htdocs\osc\installer_class.php on line 439

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Documents and Settings\darth sidious\My Documents\xampp\htdocs\osc\installer_class.php on line 443

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in C:\Documents and Settings\darth sidious\My Documents\xampp\htdocs\osc\installer_class.php on line 74

•Tables look good to insert.

•No tables to alter it seems.

•No fields to insert it seems.

•No fields to alter it seems.

There was at least one error, we therefore cannot install.

Database cartea-noua has not been touched.

Please check database cartea-noua against the contribution for conflicts.

What should i do because i can't get over it by myself . thank you in advance .

Hi

Google say that they could not follow some links in my shop.. for example:

www. mydomain. com/index.php?manufacturers_id=

when i click that link i come to a:

Page not found

The page you were looking for could not be found. Please click the below link to return to

since FRWmedia name is showing i assume that this problem has to be with this contrib?

Can you please tell me what to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance..

Hi

Google say that they could not follow some links in my shop.. for example:

when i click that link i come to a:

Page not found

The page you were looking for could not be found. Please click the below link to return to

since FRWmedia name is showing i assume that this problem has to be with this contrib?

Can you please tell me what to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance..

is not a valid link there is no manufacturers_id

if there was a manufacturers_id it would be converted and 301 redirected to an seo url.

Hi ! This is a great contribution but i have a problem with the installation . I have made all the changes you indicated but when i wanted to make the database install i got over this warnings :

•At least one of the configuration values already exists!

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Documents and Settings\darth sidious\My Documents\xampp\htdocs\osc\installer_class.php on line 439

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\Documents and Settings\darth sidious\My Documents\xampp\htdocs\osc\installer_class.php on line 443

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in C:\Documents and Settings\darth sidious\My Documents\xampp\htdocs\osc\installer_class.php on line 74

•Tables look good to insert.

•No tables to alter it seems.

•No fields to insert it seems.

•No fields to alter it seems.

There was at least one error, we therefore cannot install.

Database cartea-noua has not been touched.

Please check database cartea-noua against the contribution for conflicts.

What should i do because i can't get over it by myself . thank you in advance .

Well i've never seen that MySQL error before .. very odd .. you have some seo urls entries already in the database configuration table try running the usu2_removal.php script.

USU 5 and lightbox on Windows server problem

Good morning

IF USU 5 is turned of, light box is working just the way it should. Turned on and clicking on an image on product_info, the window that was showing this page will turn into a picture. I need the back button to go back to the store. The link connected to the image is in depended of turning on/off USU5

I know we don’t have many Windows server users, but has anyone this problem and maybe found a solution?

Peter

USU 5 and lightbox on Windows server problem

Good morning

IF USU 5 is turned of, light box is working just the way it should. Turned on and clicking on an image on product_info, the window that was showing this page will turn into a picture. I need the back button to go back to the store. The link connected to the image is in depended of turning on/off USU5

I know we don’t have many Windows server users, but has anyone this problem and maybe found a solution?

Peter

PM me your web address again Peter and I'll take a look.