• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QuickBooks Contrib

VyReN

Just a heads up for everyone --

I am currently modifying QuickBooks IIF creation osc 2.2 v1.2 to ensure it will work with QuickBooks 2002 and 2003 and so it will work with OSC 2.2 MS1.

I will hold a final release until OSC 2.2 MS1 is released, but anyone willing to test this new contrib (ie: screw up your OSC and QuickBooks database) please let me know, as I only have QuickBooks 2000 and 2002 to test the IIF files. Input as what store owners need is welcome as well.

Right now I sorting out the code so it is a bit easier to work with, and getting everything to work with a post Nov-1 snapshot. I'm assuming all will be well with any snapshot after that -- but to be sure I'm going to make sure it works with MS1.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there,

I'm very new the board but am looking for a solution to getting data from the Canadian version of Quickbooks Pro online. Would you know if there are significent differences in the sructure of their IIF files?

Thanks to Tom from Betterthannature.com it seems the contrib works fairly well. There is a problem with the tax handling, but other than that, it would appear he still has a online store! :) I'll be working on this issue today (hopfully - If my 11 m/o daughter will permit it).

Any more input is more than welcome!!

:) OK, can you tell me what this is --->

<option value="BTN">Better Than Nature</option>

<option value="NAGS">North American</option>

and why it shows up in a sky blue color that I can barely see?

I've been working on my store all morning so perhaps I'm just too tired to figure this one out! HELP!

BTN and NAGS are the QuickBooks CLASS for each item. If I understand correctly, most people will only have one CLASS. I am just learning QuickBooks so I could be wrong.

They are sky blue because the origional contrib defines them as such. If you remove

<font face="<? echo TEXT_FONT_FACE; ?>" size="<? echo TEXT_FONT_SIZE; ?>" color="<? echo TEXT_FONT_COLOR; ?>">

from admin/categories.php (It will appear 4 times) it should take care of that sky blue color.

Classes are a way of tracking things in quickbooks.... so a brick and mortar store might have classes for different divisions...BTN and NAGS are a way to track who the sale was for.....You have an option inside of quickbooks to use classes. Both these features used together will help you with better tracking of sales.

Well this is how I think of it.

Now with the taxes not working its more I'm finding if I set an option in quick books to track taxes separately and state tax separately i find that quickbooks IIF import is unable to fill these fields...I have the same problem with the test_sales_tax.iif from quickbooks website.

crshNbrn

crshNbrn living on the edge.....

The admin edit are not really needed .... if you are only going to use 1 class and all sales will be marked as invoice, you really do not need to do the admin edits. Setting the 2 fields in the DB products_qb_sales_account and products_qb_sales_class to have a default of "MYCLASS" and "INVOICE" will be good enough.....off to the catalog install if you do not need this functionality and beauty in the admin.

crshNbrn living on the edge.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey glen...I have your contribution downloaded and I was looking over everything. did you happen to ever get the contribution out of beta?

I will be running 2.2 ms1 and quickbooks 2003 -- so I was curious if it was almost full version or going to be beta for a bit longer. so I don't install it once and have to redo it later.

thanks and I am looking forward to using another great contribution for osc.

Reyak

~Reyak's Card~ to be established soon

That'd be great....I'm in the same situation as Dylan...

I have Quickbooks 2003 and I am running the 2/17/2003 snapshop......is there hopes for a new Quickbooks IIF release soon?

Greetings all!

I have not had any E-Mails from people having problems with the beta version. The only comments I have recieved are ways to make the code easier to modify, and one about a problem with overseas (From the US) curriencies. I have been waiting to release a next version until a problem comes up, since I'd only be changing the version name and re-posting it. I've been using it, as well as 20 others (That I have heard from) and not any problems.

Go ahead and install the Beta version, it works fine. But - If you do have a problem -- LET ME KNOW!

Does your contribution work with QuickBooks Accountant Edition 2002?

I believe so. I think the IFF is good for all versions of QuickBooks (2000+).

Hello,

I just installed and everything seemed to go ok. The .iff is created as it should, but when I go to import the it into Quickbooks Premier 2002 - Accountant Edition I get errors.

When importing a new customer, I get no errors, but some of the information is missing:

- Company Name

- Date of Birth

- Mr / Ms

Everything else shows up fine.

Here's the trouble...When Importing an order I get this:

:!: Error on Line 7: Can't record invalid transaction.

The error on line # changes depending on the order and gives multiple errors if there is more than one order in the .iff. But then it tells me that my information has been imported, and part of it has.

The item list has been updated and shows the model number and shipping as separate items, but no order has been recorded.

Any ideas out there?

Question: Should I have the customers and sales written to separate iff files? Or are they supposed to be imported at the same time. Also should I delete them from my web site after importing?

Thanks!

Mary

O.K.

When importing a new customer, I get no errors, but some of the information is missing:  

- Company Name  

- Date of Birth  

- Mr / Ms

I see no reason why the DOB is not being entered. But I will address this later in this message. The Company Name and Mr/Ms was not being included in the IFF. It is now. :)
Here's the trouble...When Importing an order I get this:  

Error on Line 7: Can't record invalid transaction.  

The error on line # changes depending on the order and gives multiple errors if there is more than one order in the .iff. But then it tells me that my information has been imported, and part of it has.

This puzzles me. Can you please send me a copy of an IFF and the error and line number of said error as a result of that IFF? I'd love to see what is going on. Either post it or (Prefered) E-Mail it to me at: [email protected]
Question: Should I have the customers and sales written to separate iff files? Or are they supposed to be imported at the same time. Also should I delete them from my web site after importing?
Customers and sales are written to seperate files. After you import an IFF to your QuickBooks, DELETE IT! Otherwise the cart will keep appending info, and you will start importing duplicate data.

After I see your IFF and make any fixes I will finaly take this baby out of Beta. Woot woot. :)

If anyone else is having these problems, please speak up!!

I'm using the newest version of the contrib with QuickBooks v5.0 (from 1998)

I get an error when importing the IFF file telling me that "The Tax field can not be left blank..." I noticed that in the file there is no lineitem for tax. I'm not real familiar with the IFF format, but should there be a line for sales tax, if sales tax was charged?

The customer data import works fine, I just can't import the invoices.

Thanks,

John

• 2 weeks later...

If I understand the Quickbooks mod, the customer file populates the Customer List in QB, right? It doesn't actually populate an invoice/receipt? So, if I simply wanted to use the mod to import customer info and then manually handle our sales, I can do that?

Thanks!

-shaun