• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QuickBooks Contrib

VyReN

RECONCILING ACCOUNTS AND CREDIT CARDS PAYMENTS TO INVOICES A HEADACHE!

Any Ideas?

This isn't directly related to this contribution (though it may be), but I wanted to ask all of you how you reconcile (or whatever you call it) your invoices to the credit card payments you receive.  This is becoming a real headache for me.  My site accepts Visa, MC, Amex, Discover and PayPal.  I'm using Authorize.net as the payment gateway, and I get the credit card payments from customers deposited in batches daily into my company checking account.  I'm using the QuickBooks contribution to download orders into QuickBooks 2004.

Hey there, it took me quite some time to figure out how to go through and match everything up, but not that I have I can pretty much fly through this process.

It's a bit involved, and may be slightly different for each person. If you want, leave me a private message and we can arrange a time when I can walk you through what I do online.

If lots of people want to see it, I can type it all out here, but probably would work better one on one.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old contribution generates the iif "on the fly" and can only make an iif file for new orders.

The new contribution that I am working on uses the database and has the ability to make an iif from all orders. You'll need to just hold on a little longer and I'll have it ready!

Thanks,

Adam

I will be keeping an eager eye on this contribution :)

Thanks for your efforts.

Hello everyone...

Like many of you I am excited for Adams release of the new contribution. I recently spoke with him to try and narrow down and absolute release date and it sounds like he still has some work to do for a good release.

Athough I have not seen the code or the contribution in action, sounds like Adam has built in alot of good functions.

Well to the point... like many of the people who do contributions, they also work on other jobs. Well it is is hard to put off paying work for a OS freebie (espically right after x-mas). To help Adam free up some time I have agreed to provide him with a good sized donation to dedicate the time and get it done ASAP.

I am not sure of the logistics about this on the OSC forum - so if anyone else is interested in helping me help Adam... please send me an PM and I will get you his PayPal information and the donation I agreed to deliver.

I realize it is tought to donate to a contribution that is not done yet, but it looks like an excellent contribution and the longer it is on the shelf, the more work each of us are doing to process orders.

So again PM if interested in helping Adam free the time.

Chris

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

Chris count me in the Donation :)

But I wont be able to donate through Paypal since I am situated in United Arab Emirates and they do not accept payment from UAE

OK what method can you use?

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

:D Ok, version 1.00 of QBI Quickbooks Import is finally done after 143 hours of work! Has tons of features, and works great so far! Additional improvements will follow. Donations will be gladly accepted :blush: -- instructions are included with the contribution. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support!

The contribution is at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2773

I've started a new support thread for QBI at: :rolleyes:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127893

Thanks,

Adam

Hello Everyone,

I want to wish everyone a healthy and a happy 2005 for all of you.

I have a question and a small problem with Quickbooks IIF Import w Tax Option I have followed the steps on the "install instructions" but when sales are created I get no file generated. My questions are as follows

1-On the qb_iif_sale.php if have this path

$myfile = "/homepages/28/d116176931/htdocs/catalog/qb_sale/qb_sales.iif"; ist his correct for a unix box or does it have to be the relative path?

2- The installation instructions says that its for MS2.2 and thats what I have but on the first step it tell you to modify the "1) In catalog/application_top.php" and that does not exist, it exists for me in catalog/includes/application_top.php. Was that a typo?

3- Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong?

I have a question and a small problem with Quickbooks IIF Import w Tax Option I have followed the steps on the "install instructions" but when sales are created I get no file generated.

This contribution has a number of problems, the installation instructions are not clear, and yes there are some mistakes.

I made some minor changes to it, but decided that a brand new contribution was what was needed.

I suggest that you don't install this contribution, but you try "QBI Quickbooks Import" instead. I don't mean to sound self-promoting, or to put down the old one -- it's just that my newer contribution solves a number of problems that this one has, is much easier to install, and is essentially meant as a replacement for the older one. I can't spend any time supporting this old one, as I have my hands full suporting and improving the new one.

Thanks,

Adam

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using the newest version of the contrib with QuickBooks v5.0 (from 1998)

I get an error when importing the IFF file telling me that "The Tax field can not be left blank..."  I noticed that in the file there is no lineitem for tax.  I'm not real familiar with the IFF format, but should there be a line for sales tax, if sales tax was charged?

The customer data import works fine, I just can't import the invoices.

Thanks,

John

I have installed the Quickbooks contibution and have discovered this error as well. Any suggetions?

Error:

"The Tax field cannot be left blank, even for non-taxable customers and sales which have no taxable items, so non-taxable sales will be correct for this district"

Thanks,

Matt

I have installed the Quickbooks contibution and have discovered this error as well.  Any suggetions?

Error:

"The Tax field cannot be left blank, even for non-taxable customers and sales which have no taxable items, so non-taxable sales will be correct for this district"

Thanks,

Matt

This contribution is old. I suggest you try my new contribution, QBI Quickbooks Import, which solves these problems and can be configured with or without tax.

Thanks,

Adam