• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QuickBooks Contrib

VyReN

Dave,

You should be able to have each tax line appear on its own rather than summing them all up into a tax total. When I get a chance I will play aroud with it and see what I come up with.

JB

It would be really appreciated if you could,

Thanks again

Dave

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with Quickbooks Mod on Paypal purchases

I just installed both the Quickbooks IIF import and Paypal IPN contributions. Both work great, except that the scripts don't generate the IIF file for transactions paid with Paypal. The IIF file is generated just fine when I use Cash On Delivery as payment method, but not when Paypal is used. Has anyone else has this problem? If not, does anyone have suggestions on where to look to fix this problem (I'm sure this would benefit many osCommerce users)?

Also, I'm having a similar problem (IIF file isn't generated) when I have an open FTP connection into the qb_sale directory. When I close out the connection, the IIF file is generated just fine. Any suggestions?

Craig,

In the catalog/checkout_paypal_ipn.php file find this:

$customer_notification = (SEND_EMAILS == 'true') ? '1' : '0';
 $sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id, 
                         'orders_status_id' => '99999', 
                         'date_added' => 'now()', 
                         'customer_notified' => $customer_notification,
                         'comments' => $order->info['comments']);
 tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY, $sql_data_array);

Add this right after it:

// Quick Books
 if (CREATE_SALE_QB_IIF_FILE) {include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'qb_iif_sale.php');}

The paypal_ipn contribution uses its own checkout process instead of checkout_process.php so you need to add the qb file include to that file.

Hey Craig,

I wasn't sure which IPN contrib you were using- just plain Paypal IPN or the Paypal Cart IPN which is the newer one. Thanks for pointing the file difference out for people who run into this in the future. I am not sure how you would get around the FTP problem as that has something to do with FTP and not the file creation I believe. I know my FTP program will not let me transfer files in or out if that file is open in an editing program etc. even if I have saved it. In order for it to work I have to close out the file in the editor first...kind of a pain sometimes.

Hi All,

Great contribution! I have installed it and it works fine, except:

We need the attributes field to be displayed either on the product description or as a separate line - and the current contribution have all the fields but it just doesn't work.

Please advise.

I think this problem was mentioned before but I did not see how it was solved. i am a bit puzzled. The probem I am getting is

WARNING The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equals the amount at the top of the form.

This is my IIF file:

!INVITEM	NAME	INVITEMTYPE	DESC	PURCHASEDESC	ACCNT	ASSETACCNT	COGSACCNT	PRICE	COST	TAXABLE	PAYMETH	TAXVEND	TAXDIST	PREFVEND	REORDERPOINT	EXTRA	
INVITEM	10COLS-I	NON-INVENTORY	Colombia Supremo  Ground	Colombia Supremo  Ground	SALES:INTERNET/PHONE	Inventory Asset	Cost of Goods Sold	7.2900	0	Y   	 1  
INVITEM	CA Sales Tax	COMPTAX	CA Sales Tax 8.50%	CA Sales tax	Sales Tax Payable 	 8.50%	0	N  State Board of Equalization.   	 
!CLASS	NAME	
CLASS	Your class	
!CUST	NAME	BADDR1	BADDR2	BADDR3	BADDR4	BADDR5	SADDR1	SADDR2	SADDR3	SADDR4	SADDR5	PHONE1	PHONE2	FAXNUM	EMAIL	NOTE	CONT1	CONT2	CTYPE	TERMS	TAXABLE	TAXITEM	LIMIT	RESALENUM	REP	COMPANYNAME	SALUTATION	FIRSTNAME	LASTNAME	
CUST	INTERNET CUSTOMER	Ron Peled	1495 Evans Ave	San Francisco, California 94124 	 Ron Peled	1495 Evans Ave	San Francisco, California 94124 	 0000000000 	 [email protected]  Ron Peled  WEB	Authorize.net	Y	Alameda	10000.00  WEB 	 Ron	Peled	
!TRNS	TRNSID	TRNSTYPE	DATE	ACCNT	NAME	CLASS	AMOUNT	DOCNUM	MEMO	CLEAR	TOPRINT	ADDR1	ADDR2	ADDR3	ADDR4	ADDR5	SADDR1	SADDR2	SADDR3	SADDR4	SADDR5	NAMEISTAXABLE	PAID	TERMS	SHIPVIA	REP	FOB	
!SPL	SPLID	TRNSTYPE	DATE	ACCNT	NAME	CLASS	AMOUNT	DOCNUM	MEMO	CLEAR	QNTY	PRICE	INVITEM	TAXABLE	PAYMETHOD	EXTRA	
!ENDTRNS	
TRNS  INVOICE	04/08/04	Accounts Receivable	INTERNET CUSTOMER	Your class	11.24	7000098	Online Sale	N	Y	Ron Peled	1495 Evans Ave	San Francisco, California 94124 	 Ron Peled	1495 Evans Ave	San Francisco, California 94124 	 Y	Y	Authorize.net	USPS	WEB	Your FOB Point	
SPL  INVOICE	04/08/04	SALES:INTERNET/PHONE 	 0  Colombia Supremo  Ground	N	-1	7.29	10COLS-I	Y	Authorize.net  
SPL  INVOICE	04/08/04	SALES:SHIPPING  Your class	-3.95  Shipping	N	-1	3.95	SHIPI	N 	 
SPL  INVOICE	04/08/04	Sales Tax Payable	State Board of Equalization.	Your class	0 	 N  8.50%	CA Sales Tax	N  AUTOSTAX	
ENDTRNS

Please advise.

OK, it appears I have this working with MS1.

One question though. I have the flag set to mark the invoice as paid but it does not mark it as paid.

Is this the way everyone else uses it? Mark as Paid. Or do you leave it unpaid and then mark them individually paid from your merchant statement(seems like a lot of work)?

thanks for any info

Help, I printed out the installation instructions and after part 7 it says

################################################################################

################

The edits below are only needed if you use more than one Order Class in Quickbooks for your websales

I personally only have 2 classes one for offline sales and one for "Web" sales, but your needs may vary.

################################################################################

################

Shopping Cart Edits - catalog/admin/categories.php

Note:--->> or use the file provided in this distribution

For someone who can't understand code there's a lot of cut and pasting to do! (yes I'm the one who knows nothing about code" where is the file it referes to "catagories.php" provided with this distribution?

Help, I would love to just plug the file in, if I miss one piece of code I'll never get it working again........

I read it over again last night and realized it was much less intimidationg than I had thought.

Thanks everyone for being supportive and understanding of us less than confident OSCommerce newbies.....

Thanks,

Mike

well mine has now stopped working, perhaps it was a fluke it did initially? i installed into a fresh copy of the store, and it does not create the file. perhaps someone has some reason as to why?

i do not get any writing to the qb_sale folder, even created an empty file.

Problem with mapping COST field to IIF generation

My business uses a drop-ship supplier on all our current items. Therefore, it's very useful to generate a purchase order (to send to our supplier) for every transaction. I'm trying to add Purchase Order generation capability to the Quickbooks mod, and have run into a place where I could use some help.

Basically, I've repeated the section of code in qb_iif_sale.php that generates the transaction information, changing appropriate lines to generate a purchase order request (the file now contains two transaction sections for every online order - one for the invoice, one for the purchase order). I had previously added a cost field to the product table in the catalog, and I'd like for that cost field to be the item price on the purchase order (what WE pay our vendor for the item). However, I'm having trouble getting the cost field to "show up" in qb_iif_sale.php.

I've been playing around with this for the last day. Rather than post my code up here and get a detailed answer, I'd like a more of a general answer.

As I understand it, qb_iif_sale.php is called from checkout_process.php. At some point in the checkout process, the properties (name, price, etc.) of each item being purchased must be mapped to corresonding php variables that are accessible by qb_iif_sale.php. Can someone tell me how to get new product fields to be mapped to a php variable that can be seen by other files (such as qb_iif_sale.php)?

Thanks!

Quickbooks crashes during import of IIF.

Ok, occasionally I get a crash during the Quickbooks IIF import. The first one I found had a price listed at 70 with no decimal places.

I changed it to 70.00 and it imported fine.

Now I have another IIF file that is crashing and I haven't yet tracked down why it is crashing quickbooks.

Anyone have a clue why this would be happening. I am running Quickbooks 2003 pro.

Thanks for any advice

i found when mine was not being generated, it was an incorrect path for the iif file to go to. check what you have for your document root path as well as the folder location, and the properties.

i found when mine was not being generated, it was an incorrect path for the iif file to go to. check what you have for your document root path as well as the folder location, and the properties.

I'm using the defaults. Folder location is catalog/qb_sale

When you say permissions are we talking read/write access to that folder? Also, are you talking about the document root path defined in the config file? :ph34r:

Trying to import an IIF file into QuickBooks is causing QuickBooks to crash at 43% through the import process every time. I can use the sample IIF just fine, but not the one created from my store.

The IIF from my store does not have the "ACCT" headers that are the first several lines of the sample IIF file (as viewed in Excel) - could this be the problem?

What else might cause this to fail?

Store - MS2, quite a few modifications

QB - Premier 2004 edition

Chris Dunning

osCommerce, Contributions Moderator Team

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

Okay, I've tried 3 times and I know I'm close but I can not get an IIF file to create once an order is completed. I'm using the default location so nothing fancy. If anyone wants to take a look send me a message and I'll give you temporary FTP access. Any suggestions?

I've also tried the "hard coding" directory suggestion with same results in case anyone was about to refer to that. I can now say that I have read this thread in its entirety at least twice. Whew.