osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QuickBooks Contrib

VyReN

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhhh i just finished installing Quickbooks contribution.. Then I found out about the new tax update version. Whats the easiest way to upgrade from the Quickbooks to the new tax enabled Quickbooks version? much apprecited fellas. awesome contribution!!!!!!!!!

Edited by dimports

Just simply replace your qb_iif_sale.php file with the new one. Make sure to configure the new file for your directory path, fixed variables, etc..

Edited by JB

Look at the "Easy Populate" contribution. I think that will do what you wish to do. You can export your product database as an Excel file (if possible in your QB version), or as an IIF file and then clean it up in Excel and import it into osC with Easy Populate.

- Adam

• 3 weeks later...

Not at all on my part. I've been extremely busy at work, but I do intend to return to it and any improvements I make I will add to the contribution (with the flexibility for people to configure it to their liking).

- Adam

I installed this contribution, with the exception of document root, I am generating an iif file. I am using QB2004 Pro, so have to set that side up yet.

What I would like to know, if anyone has setup the vendor, cogs, etc in the oscommerce sql database, so that info gets pulled into qb? and if so, do you happen to have instructions?

Thanks

ok I have the admin set up so you can set up the preliminary vars and how you want to handle the download whether by file or email. There is something like 20 vars to setup in the older stuff I will look at what you have and will incorporate that into what you have so far.

Jason was supposed to have the admin section pretty much done back in late January so I was kind of waiting on him rather than reproducing what he had done from scratch. Not sure what happened to him but I can only assume he got busy on some other project for the time being and has not came back to this yet.

Thank you guys for all your help! This mod works great! But what would be a great add-on would be like a checkbox in the orders list, that when checked it would download that particular invoice into iif. Since we sometimes have orders that do not get processed, I would like to have some control over what actually is getting imported. I am very new to php so I have no idea on how to do this :( but I was thinking maybe each order can generate a unique iif file (can be done using the invoice number) then when it comes time to download all the checked boxes in the order list, it can merge all the individual iif files into one file and download it. Is this something very difficult to produce? It is just that we have orders where people say they will pay by check and place the order but then the check never comes and the order is never processed, but that order has already been imported into quickbooks. I would like to avoid importing invoices if they have not been processed.

Or maybe you guys can shine some light on a easier way to handle these situations. Thank you.

I installed this contribution, with the exception of document root, I am generating an iif file. I am using QB2004 Pro, so have to set that side up yet.

What I would like to know, if anyone has setup the vendor, cogs, etc in the oscommerce sql database, so that info gets pulled into qb? and if so, do you happen to have instructions?

Thanks

That's a good question. If the iif doesn't overwrites that stuff, then you can just enter it into the products yourself after they get imported, or set up the products with that information first in QB. If importing the iif overwrites those fields, then we have a little problem to fix!

Thank you guys for all your help! This mod works great! But what would be a great add-on would be like a checkbox in the orders list, that when checked it would download that particular invoice into iif. Since we sometimes have orders that do not get processed, I would like to have some control over what actually is getting imported. I am very new to php so I have no idea on how to do this :( but I was thinking maybe each order can generate a unique iif file (can be done using the invoice number) then when it comes time to download all the checked boxes in the order list, it can merge all the individual iif files into one file and download it. Is this something very difficult to produce? It is just that we have orders where people say they will pay by check and place the order but then the check never comes and the order is never processed, but that order has already been imported into quickbooks. I would like to avoid importing invoices if they have not been processed.

Or maybe you guys can shine some light on a easier way to handle these situations. Thank you.

I am in agreement with you. But what this would require is rewriting the contribution so that it pulls the data from the MySQL database, instead of writing a text file in real time as each order is placed. My plan at least is to clean up some of the current problems in the contribution before attempting to do this. If someone else has the ambition to do it, go for it! Pulling from the MySQL database would allow one to have more control, choose date ranges, and re-import orders.

As for making a separate iif for each order, I don't think this would be practical. It's of course possible to make this modification, but it would mean you'd have to import each order individually into QB, which would be time consuming and sort of defeat the objective of being as quick and easy as possible.

That's the way I need it to work as well - puloling a batch of orders from the database. i wish I could helpmimplement that but I am still struggling to set up quickbooks. The main problm I have is to find some way of consolidating products and so I don't get too much detail. Rather than having to buy and sell 500 different product lines in quickbooks I would rather just have half a dozen - dvd, cd, vcd, tape etc. Also I not sure if I really care who bought the product so maybe I can dispense withthe customer side too.

Would it perhaps work to pull infomation from the database in the same way as the sales report does and import that? I think that Sales Report2 can produce a csv file. With a small modification it could consolidate orders by product type.

Does anyone have any idea how to modify this contribution for MS1? It seems that there have been so many great advancements in this contribution over the original. I would be greatly appreciative to hear from anyone who has implemented this in MS1.

Thanks!!!

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can lend me a hand getting the .iif file into my QBS PRO 2003 USA Version. My program keeps crashing when trying to import. The best way is to show all my code, so please bear with me. Hopefully someone can pick up how silly my error is!

I can post the created qb_sales.iif once someone can graciousy help me sort this out.

Thank you in advance! I used this great mod on the previous version of OsCommerce, now that it's 2.2 it's a whole new ball game!

Thank you,

Greg

Here is my qb_iif_sale.php

//set up the invoice variables

$araccount = "2100";// Our "Accounts Receivable" account-set A/R to not use account numbers in QB->edit->preferences->accounting->company preferences->"use account numbers=NOT CHECKED MARKED"

$FOB = "Camden, ME";? ? ? ? ?  // Our FOB point for the invoice

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  // Invoice terms now tracks the payment method in osC

$storename = "Camden Boat Store";? ? ? // Your Store Name

$invmemo = "Website Sale";? ? ? ?  // Invoice memo that appears near the bottom of the onscreen invoice for your reference

$toprint = "Y";? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? // Y to mark invoice as 'to be printed', N otherwise

$cleared = "N";? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? // Y to mark transaction as cleared, N otherwise

$chargetax = "Z";? ?  // Y to charge all customers tax, Z to charge customers in $taxzone tax, N to charge no-one tax

$taxzone = "29";? ? // Enter the delivery zone where you charge tax from the MySQL "zone" table. For ex., California is zone 12

$defaultclass = "WEB";? ? ? ? ? ?  // the default class for the entire transaction

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  // The individual lines will use the product class

$prodacct ="4100";?  // The product income account-normally sales

$paid = "N";? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  // mark the invoice as paid Y or unpaid N

$salesrep = "";? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  // clerk for the transaction can also be left blank " "

$invtitle = "WEBSITE SALE";? ? ? ? ? ?  // the 'title' for the invoice. Could be whatever you want

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  // Just match to your tastes-QB default is Invoice, Could be for example LAYAWAY, etc.

$prodtax ="Y";? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  // Products taxable?

$reorder ="1";? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  // Your re-order point

$inventype ="NON-INVENTORY";? ? ? // for non-inventory use just change to "NON-INVENTORY", "SERV", etc

$Shipping_Account = "4200";? ? // The account used to post your shipping charges

$shipdescription = "Shipping";?  // the shipping description on the invoice

$shipitem = "Shipping Charge";? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  // the QB itemcode for shipping

$shiptaxcode = "N";? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  // Your QB tax code for shipping

$creditlimit = "1000.00";? ? ? ? ?  // the default credit limit for new customers

$taxnamecust = "Maine";? ? // The QB tax item for the customer (can be a group)

$taxname = "Sales Tax Payable";? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? // The QB tax item for the invoice

? ? ? ? ? // These would be the same but tax items that are groups do not yet

? ? ? ? ? // work for the invoice, so if your tax item is a group then I suggest

? ? ? ? ? // you make a new tax item called "ChangeMe" and change it to the correct

? ? ? ? ? // tax item on the invoice in QB after importing.

$taxtype = "USETAX";

$taxdesc = "Sales Tax Maine 5.00%"; // Change these as appropriate for your area

$taxpurch = "ME Sales tax";? ? ?

$taxaccnt = "2200";

$taxrate = "5.00%";

$taxcost = "0";

$taxtax = "N";

$taxvend ="Maine Department of Revenue";

My settings in QBS are:

Edit/Preferences/Accounting:

Use account numbers - checked,

Require Accounts - unchecked,

Use class tracking - checked,

Prompt to assign classes - checked,

Edit/Preferences/Sales Tax:

Do you Charge Sales Tax - Yes,

Chart of Accounts:

4200 - Shipping

2100 - Accounts Receivable,

4100 - Sales,

2200 - Sales Tax Payable

Edited by gregr66

Can anyone help me with the tax side (Underlined in red in image below)

The import is working great but not quite a expected

I'm trying to remove the TAX line - VAT as this is handled by the TAX code(VAT Code) VAT rate=S etc

Please see below

qb.gif

Thanks in advance

Dave

I installed the TAX version but to no avail, i could not get it to work on quickbooks 2003 pro. It just crashes.

However, i changed the quick_if_sale.php w/ the NO TAX version and that was able to import with no problem.

It seems that the TAX version doesn't write the IIF file correctly. Either that or its structure is very different than from the NO TAX version.

Any ideas how to get it to work? (the tax version)

Hi Tim,

You can try this tax version one, which is much more "basic" than Adams version:

http://diyreef.com/qb_iif_taxv_test.zip

If that version works fine for you then it is probably just a matter of changing a few configurations a bit to get Adam's to work for you.

BTW, you just need to replace your current "QB sale" file with this one and configure it for your store by changing the top part of the file just as you did with the no-tax version.

Edited by JB

Hi JB,

The link you posted worked great, however, i was not able to get Adam's php file to work.

I think the biggest problem is that to a quickbooks newbie, setting up the php file correctly is hard.

However, if you just insert your taxv_test.zip iif file into quickbooks, it will create all the accounts that are not there. I then began to change them accordingly. I couldn't do this w/ adam's php file, it just crashes.

Thanks for your help. Does this taxv_test.zip php file have anything that isn't included in adam's version?

Tim

Hi JB

Any idea how I can change the tax so each item is charged tax per line with the taxcode - Please see image posted at the top of the page

I don't want the tax to show as a seperate amount, I just need the taxcode to deal with the tax ?

Thanks in advance

Dave

I have installed he contrib. However when an order is placed, I get no file created in the qb_sale I set the perms to 777 thinking the permissions might be the problem. I tried a few options in the qb_iif_sale.php for the file location. I used the default setup on a unix server, and tried $myfile = "/public_html/catalog/qb_sale/qb_sales.iif" and $myfile = "/catalog/qb_sale/qb_sales.iif"

no errors, just no files.

Did you try hardcoding your path in further down the file replacing $Document_root with your path? The line starts with "$salefile". This fix has been mentioned several times in this thread and I know I mentioned it at the bottom of page 11. If your $myfile path is correct, then this is most likely your problem. HTH

Dave,

You should be able to have each tax line appear on its own rather than summing them all up into a tax total. When I get a chance I will play aroud with it and see what I come up with.

Hi all,

Well after some messing about I finally got this contribution to work, I had quite ab it of trouble with classes and the import file balancing but got there..

I do have one question though, each time I do an import into quickbooks

the shipping comes up non taxable and I can't seem to get it as taxable..

I initially tried changing the qb_iif_sale.php file without any success then I was simply making changes to the iif file that was generated and still no luck. I can't even work out where the entry should go in the file..

Has anyone had any problems with tax on shipping??

Paul