• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QuickBooks Contrib

VyReN

Sorry I have been swamped. I will try to upload the changes this weekend. I also have a few other contribs I am trying to get out. That and everything else and there is only 24 hours in a day

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That and everything else and there is only 24 hours in a day

There is? :D Darn.....and here I was thinking there was less!

Fully understand how life can get hectic!!! I am really interested in this mod as well.

• 2 weeks later...

It is Great to hear that there might be a light at the end of the tunnel. I have been watching and reading about the QB contrib for months. I am currently running a pre Nov 1 snapshot. I am getting ready to upgrade to MS2 (finally). I have kinda been holding off for the new QB update. My store did over $500,000 in sales this year and I think that the IRS might want something from me. If I have to do everything manually again next year I am going to go crazy.

So that brings me to my two questions:

1. Does anyone have this up and running and working properly with MS2?

2. Is that update for MS2 available anywhere?

Thanks guys. Happy Holidays!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry I have been swamped. I will try to upload the changes this weekend. I also have a few other contribs I am trying to get out. That and everything else and there is only 24 hours in a day

Jason:

Just checking in... Have you had the time to work on the contrib (I know it's the holiday season, so ignore this until next year, just bringing it up now so I don't forget)...

Been messing around with this so I could get it to do what I needed with QB2003Pro that includes FedEx Ship Manager, ie so I could print pre-filled FedEx labels without having to fill all of the customer info in at fedex.com which is way too time consuming. For those that need it here is the updated qb_iif_customer.php file to fill in the customer info and pass it along to FedEx in the proper format for their shipping labels.

Download

You still need to download the contribution dated Aug 2003, follow all of instructions and just replace that one file, also be sure to check some of the variables to suit them to your own needs as well as the location of where you want the iff file to go in your directories (the default will just place them in your catalog folder but I suggest having them go to something like catalog/qb_cust/qb_cust_export.iif instead).

I have started to work on the invoice part for QB2003 as well and have it pretty well sorted for if you set your company up as not collecting sales tax...still some issues with getting the iif file to import properly with sales tax turned on for the company. For those that get the line 7 error if you disable taxes for your company it probably will work for the time being (not recommended if you are actually using QB to determine your sales tax payments to the local agencies). HTH

Edited by JB

Hello, sounds like you got a great method to get your orders shipped out. By using this method with QuickBooks, is there a method created or thought of that would export the tracking number back into oscommerce and then send a customer email?

Hello, sounds like you got a great method to get your orders shipped out. By using this method with QuickBooks, is there a method created or thought of that would export the tracking number back into oscommerce and then send a customer email?

I did go ahead and upload the updated files and install instructions here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1767

If you install the qb_iif_sale.php file it will create both the customer info as well as generate an invoice in Quickbooks for you. When you click "ship" in QBs it will fill out the FedEx form with the e-mail included and the "notify" box clicked so once you print the label FedEx will send the customer an e-mail with a tracking link etc., kind of like the UPS QuantumViewNotify service. Also, once you print the shipping label you will be given the option of pasting the tracking number onto the QB invoice so you will have it for your records. I find this much easier than using OSC for the invoicing and just print the QB invoices to send along with the package. Not to mention when the invoice is created you can set it up to mark it as "to be printed" so you can just batch print all of the days invoices at once rather than one at a time through OSC. The default qb_iif_sale file is set to mark them all as "to be printed". HTH

I've installed the contribution and made all changes. However, when I try to import it in QB I get this message:

"WARNING

The transaction is not in balance. Make sure the amounts in the detail area on the form for this transaction equals the amount at the top of the form."

Has anyone experienced the same thing? I believe there's something wrong with my oscms2_qb_sale.iif file.

QB goes on to tell me there's an error on line 5,9,13... etc. When I look at the .iif file in excel, those rows are the ones that contains the "ENDTRNS".

Any help/suggestion is greately appreciated.

Thanks.

It means that if you add up the item totals plus the shipping total it is not equal to the order total. If you have something like tax that has been added or a discount applied that is changing the order total to be something besides items+shipping=order total it would cause this error. If you want you can send me the .iif file that was created and I can take a look at it for you.

Thanks so much for your time and efforts in saving us time and effort!

I have a question, if an item does not exist in Quickbooks but is in your store, what happens? Does you contribution automatically update Quickbook's item list? I have my whole store item list on an excel sheet, should I import it into Quickbooks (if there's a way)? Thanks again.

I have a question, if an item does not exist in Quickbooks but is in your store, what happens? Does you contribution automatically update Quickbook's item list? I have my whole store item list on an excel sheet, should I import it into Quickbooks (if there's a way)? Thanks again.

If an item does not exist it simply adds it as a service item. This mod only goes so far as to allow you to use the FedEx Ship Manager, collect customer data, and print off invoices. In the contribution I added a couple of sample.iif files in a folder which show the additional fields you will need to add to get it to import the complete product information such as tax class, non-inventory/inventory items and make it more of a complete module (you can open samples in excel or works). Since I only use it to expedite my shipping processes, once I got it to work the way I wanted I quit and called it a day. :) It would not be hard at all to add the extra fields needed to the contribution...just look at the sample.iif, create all of the variables you need at the top of the qb_sales.php files, add the transaction headers to match the sample.iif, and then finally call your variables to match the order of the transaction headers. To be honest, it is actually a pretty simple mod once you get to looking at the php file and have a proper sample.iif to match up with. You can import from a spreadsheet and there is a download out there somewhere called something like "quickbooks creator" which will take excel files and turn them into an easy to import format, have it on my computer at home but do not recall where I downloaded it from. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Since I only use it to expedite my shipping processes, once I got it to work the way I wanted I quit and called it a day. :)

Justin,

Are you planning to make a version with Sales Tax, or are you passing this off? I don't want to duplicate your efforts if you are already working on this.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

If you would like to do so be my guest. :D I made some major improvements to the No-Tax version last night and uploaded them. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1767 I would suggest starting with that version and working forward. In looking at the differences between the sample.iif files I included with the contribution (there is one for no-tax and one with-tax) the only difference is that you need to add one line to the INVITEM section for the tax account set-up and then include the tax amount in the TRNS section on a SPL line. It could "probably" be done in a matter of about 10 minutes by just adding on to last nights upload. The previous versions of the QB contributions did not contain the product inventory section which is needed both for adding new products to QB as Inventory or Non-Inventory as well as setting up the products tax account, thus all of the errors in this thread for newer versions of QBs. Since the previous versions did not contain that section, QBs kind of "ran home to mommy" and just set everything new up as Service Items with no inventory tracking available. My plans for the next step were to integrate it into the Admin section of OSC so that you can specify which items are Inventory v. Non-inventory, add the vendor, product costs, etc. so that it will be a full integration rather than just used for shipping purposes. Once that is complete I was going to do the tax version as complete. Anyway, yeah go ahead with the tax version and I will concentrate on the Admin integration and then it can all be combined for a really nice contrib (hopefully). :huh:

LOL, Ok I couldn't resist. :D If you wouldn't mind trying this out I think I have the taxable version pretty much sorted. Try this DOWNLOAD

Just replace the qb_iif_sale.php file that comes with the No-Tax version with that file, rename it to qb_iif_sale.php and give it a whirl. I haven't tested it much...just a few transactions but it seems to be working with taxes turned on in the preferences. It will become much more user friendly once the OSCAdmin part is done later on this week. Let me know how it goes.

This is probably a stupid question but I couldn't see how to load the past year's sales into QB using this contribution. I don't need it for inventory, shipping or invoicing - just to use once a month for accounting as everything else I can do in oscommerce. <_<

This is probably a stupid question but I couldn't see how to load the past year's sales into QB using this contribution.

It only adds the customers, invoices, and products as orders are placed...it does not go back in time as you would only have to do that once. It would be pretty easy to do however, using the qb_iif_sale.php file as a starting point. To do it all you will need to do is to take all of lines out where the variables are pulled from the checkout_process.php file, leave the QB portions of the code as they are. At the top of the file write a query to pull all of the info from the ORDERS_TABLE, make a loop for the order_id, and then re-populate the variables that are needed in the file to be passed to QB, enter in the complete file path in your browser window and it should create a giant .iif file for you.

Alternatively it would be much easier to just download your ORDERS_TABLE in a tab delimited format and save it to Excel. You can then import the .xls files directly into QBs by following the directions in the QB Help Index. After that, you can then use this contribution to download and import the .iif file whenever you feel like it and update your accounting software for the past days/week/months sales from this point onward. HTH