osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QuickBooks Contrib

VyReN

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't Sound dumb to me, Though i think it's not creating any .iff files for me because I probably configured something wrong.

I'm getting no errors, but no .iif.

(using 2003-03-28 snapshot)

Any suggestions?

"We wanted it to turn out right, but instead it turned out as usual."

-Viktor Chernomyrdin

former Russian Prime Minister

I've installed the mod into MS1 and everything went smoothly, BUT I saw this and made a change.

Is this an error in the qb_iif_customer.php file?

$myfile = "/qb/qb_sale.iif";                // Where will our transaction import file be located?

Shouldn't the above be:

$myfile = "qb/qb_customer.iif";      //Where will our customer import file be located?

I made the change and it appears to be working fine for the customer end of things. We're not using the sales function at this time.

-shaun

Hi!

I have been working with the Quickbooks IIF module - so far so good!

I have a question, however, regarding investory between OSC and Quickbooks 2002.

We use Inventory Items in Quickbooks as well as Sub-Items. This works as follows:

Inventory Item: T-Shirt

Inventory Sub: T-Shirt: Green

Inventory Sub: T-Shirt: Blue

etc.

Then, in OSC, we use attributes in the same fashion. Is there a way to correctly import this information so that we can keep track of the correct inventory in Quickbooks?

Thanks!!!!

Zac

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After going through this thread, I was wondering what was the status on this contrib?

The last few posts haven't been responded to... :?:

I am considering it for MS1, and I am a bit afraid to mess around the work done so far... :shock:

Is the version available in the contribution area the lastest (dated 02/10/2003)?

Thanks.

Jean

Yes this mod works with OSC MS1

You only have to read all of the readme to understand how to use it.

It creates 2 files when a user logs in and buys

1- new user->qb_customer.iif

2 - products bought->qb_sale.iff

These 2 files can then be imported into quickbooks (file->import->iif) and then will fill all fields with the proper information.

Any more Questions?

Mod for OSC MS1

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,957/page,12

Regards

crshNbrn

crshNbrn living on the edge.....

I installed this mod. and found that it was easier than I thought it was going to be and that crshNbrn was very helpful and friendly when I had questions.

Just thought you might like to here from someone that has it installed.

IMOP

:)

crshNbrn:

You were right it is easy to set up on MS1! (actually Loaded Snapshot V5.0, I am just losing it with all these versions etc...!).

Now it works and does create the iif files (sale and customer). :D

Now it's time to import these iif files into Quickbook... before messing with this (and my client qb!) I would like to possibly better understand how Quickbook will take on the data. Basically, how Quickbook will map the items from the osCommerse export to its own data (Products Name or Products Model etc.)?

Also, couple of questions:

- does importing the qb_sale.iif also import the customer details listed in it as such (as opposed to importing both qb_sale and qb_customer)

- what would happen if the customer/sale was already in quickbook? Do the export file need to be flushed after each import or will Quickbook recognize it has already been imported?

Thanks again.

Jean

crshNbrn:

You were right it is easy to set up on MS1! (actually Loaded Snapshot V5.0, I am just losing it with all these versions etc...!).

Now it works and does create the iif files (sale and customer). :D

Now it's time to import these iif files into Quickbook... before messing with this (and my client qb!) I would like to possibly better understand how Quickbook will take on the data. Basically, how Quickbook will map the items from the osCommerse export to its own data (Products Name or Products Model etc.)?

Also, couple of questions:

- does importing the qb_sale.iif also import the customer details listed in it as such (as opposed to importing both qb_sale and qb_customer)

- what would happen if the customer/sale was already in quickbook? Do the export file need to be flushed after each import or will Quickbook recognize it has already been imported?

Thanks again.

Jean

Most of the answers to your questions depend on how QB's is setup. As to the 2 different files the sale file does contain the customer info but does not add it to the customer list you'll only have the info on the invoice not the customer list. The customer.iff file is the file that fills the fields in the customer list. As to flushing the files....yes ....thats what i do once i have imported them into my shop i delete the files then on the next sale the files will be created if not present and added too if they are present.

You can apply different naming to the write file as example

$salefile = "c:ORDERS_QUICKBOOKS_BTNqb_sale_" . date(m) .date(d) . date(y) . ".iif";

I do not use that naming method but it is interesting.

as to "what would happen if the customer/sale was already in quickbook" i think it would make 2 invoices with the same number (mine does) but once again i think this is an option within quickbooks to allow duplicate invoices or not.

Install QB on a test machine and play......do many test to get it doing what you want.....

Its not the best mod in the world but sure saves me time in processing and having processing errors in transfer from OSC to quickbooks.

I have another quickbooks mod that allows quickbooks to update the OSC cart prices thus allowing a QB user to update 1000 product prices in one shot. Still in testing.

crshNbrn living on the edge.....

crshNbrn:

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions... It is really appreciated. :D

Like you said, I will test it out on safe installation...

The mod is a great base, and can be used easely once you also underatand what is going on on the Quickook side... then like you said it is a question of making adjustments based on the situation.

The date base naming convention is a great idea... I could create then a perl script (don't know enough php) to go through the directory and let the operator import a specific day...

Thanks a gain for the help, I will continue posting my comments/questions as I get closer to make this work transparently.

Jean

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm using the QB Mod with the March 23rd CVS Snapshot - it's not giving me errors, but my IIFs do seem to be a bit wonky. I'm getting the same error as Glenda was earlier (with the error message from QB), but I'm not entirely sure why?

Also, looking at the IIF, I'm finding that the accnt and class for the SPL lines is not being set (it is for the Shipping, but that's using the defaults). When I try and debug and look at the $order object, it's not showing me any accnt=> or class=> for the products in the orders. Anyone know why this is? Does this have to do with changes since MS1? Or does this not generally work for anyone?

Below is the contents of my IIF file...Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

!TRNS	TRNSID	TRNSTYPE	DATE	ACCNT	NAME	CLASS	AMOUNT	DOCNUM	MEMO	CLEAR	TOPRINT	ADDR1	ADDR2	ADDR3	ADDR4	ADDR5	PAID	TERMS	SHIPVIA	REP	FOB	INVTITLE	SADDR1	SADDR2	SADDR3	SADDR4	SADDR5	

!SPL	SPLID	TRNSTYPE	DATE	ACCNT	NAME	CLASS	AMOUNT	DOCNUM	MEMO	CLEAR	QNTY	PRICE	INVITEM	TAXCODE	EXTRA	

!ENDTRNS	

TRNS	15	INVOICE	06/22/03	1301-Accounts Receivable	nair, pradeep	BMR	55.53	15	Website Sale	N	Y	pradeep nair	222-222 Carlton St	Toronto,Ontario	Canada,M5A 3W7	416-222-2222	N	Paid in Full	Canada Post	WEB	Toronto	WEBSITE SALE	pradeep nair	222-222 Carlton St	Toronto,Ontario	Canada,M5A 3W7	416-222-2222	

SPL	16	INVOICE	06/22/03    -50  Sweatshirt Hooded White (L)	N	-1	50.00	BM SHWL	E	

SPL	17	INVOICE	06/22/03	Shipping  BMR	-5.53  Shipping and Handling	N	-1	5.53	Shipping	E	

ENDTRNS	

TRNS	16	INVOICE	06/22/2003	1301-Accounts Receivable	nair, pradeep	BMR	22.52	16	Website Sale	N	Y	pradeep nair	222-222 Carlton St	Toronto,Ontario	Canada,M5A 3W7	416-222-2222	N	Paid in Full	Canada Post	WEB	Toronto	WEBSITE SALE	pradeep nair	222-222 Carlton St	Toronto,Ontario	Canada,M5A 3W7	416-222-2222	

SPL	17	INVOICE	06/22/2003    -16.99  2U  U2 remixes 2 x12	N	-1	16.99	12 2U	E	

SPL	18	INVOICE	06/22/2003	Shipping  BMR	-5.53  Shipping and Handling	N	-1	5.53	Shipping	E	

ENDTRNS

--

Pradeep K. Nair, B.Math

deep multimedia

pknair(at)deepmultimedia(dot)com

help..okay i am going to install this mod tonight when i get some time. but what i am wondering is do i have to import the file with ever order or what . i am new to quickbooks and osc. quickbooks will be here day after tomarrow and i am very new at this stuff. any help would be great. thanks for everything,

Will

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have installed this contribution and it seems to have gone very well .. the only problem is that no iif file is created :shock:

1. when is it actually created

2. where is it created

(i have the default path [ $myfile = "/qb/qb_sale.iif"; ] set so I would assume it should be saving it into ..

catalog/qb ( <= chmod 777 )

I get no errors or any indication that anything is going on.

The 2 new fields in admin/categories.php are there and do actually enter the selection in the database.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated !

thought I would add ..

I even tried changing this line in checkout_process.php

if (CREATE_SALE_QB_IIF_FILE) {include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'qb_iif_sale.php');}

to

include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'qb_iif_sale.php');

to make sure it was included but still nothing.

I have installed this contribution and it seems to have gone very well .. the only problem is that no iif file is created  :shock:  

1. when is it actually created

2. where is it created  

(i have the default path [ $myfile = "/qb/qb_sale.iif";  ]  set so I would assume it should be saving it into ..

I get no errors or any indication that anything is going on.

The 2 new fields in admin/categories.php are there and do actually enter the selection in the database.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated !

Can't help you on this but I am also having the same problem. I was very hopeful when I managed to install it with very little problem, despite postings to the contrary. I've even tried testing it on two different server os's, Linux and Windows but still no files generated. Both tests were on MS1. I'm holding off trying to install it on MS2 until I resolve the file creation issue. Anyone here have any suggestions? They would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stretchr

"It's a small world...

But I wouldn't want to paint it!"

Stephen Wright

(i have the default path [ $myfile = "/qb/qb_sale.iif";  ]  set so I would assume it should be saving it into ..

I would think that if you had the path set to /qb/qb_sale.iif

that the access url would be mysite.com/qb/qb_sale.iif

If I understand your problem correctly if the url should be

mysite.com/catalog/qb/qb_sale.iif

in that case the path would be

/catalog/qb/qb_sale.iif

You could also specify the complete path such as

/home/mysite/public_html/catalog/qb/qb_sale.iif

:wink:

I've even tried testing it on two different server os's, Linux and Windows but still no files generated.

Did you enter new information after the install, such as add a new user or finalize a new checkout? I overlooked doing this and thought I had done an incorrect install.

BTW-

I don't know if this has been corrected but in the contribution both the qb_iif_sale.php and the qb_iif_customer.php were set to create the same iif $myfile. These should be set as follows:

In file qb_iif_sale.php

$myfile should be qb_sale.iif

ie. /qb/qb_sale.iif

And in file qb_iif_customer.php

$myfile should be qb_customer.iif

ie. /qb/qb_customer.iif

YOU ROCK Jeff !

$salefile = $DOCUMENT_ROOT . $myfile ;

There was no $DOCUMENT_ROOT definition :oops:

I added it and the iif files are now created ... still need to test the import but I am a happy camper so far.

Thanks to the creator of this mod :D

You could also specify the complete path such as

/home/mysite/public_html/catalog/qb/qb_sale.iif

:wink:

Thanks, Jeff. Worked like a charm. Also, thanks for pointing out the error with sale and customer iif. I completely missed those.

Cheers,

Stretchr

"It's a small world...

But I wouldn't want to paint it!"

Stephen Wright