• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hide Categories & Products V1 by spooks

Sam,

Thank you for your "hide products" contribution. It should do what I need it to do but I'm having a problem. Considering I'm am new to PHP, but I have some good SQL, ASP skills, but.

I know this is a general question but I don't know where to look so I'm hoping you can point me to which files may be the culprit. (Never try to edit code while your ADHD friend is chattering away at you!)

The Admin module is working fine no errors. The problem is the index.php is returning 500 errors. I restored only the index.php from a backup and still get the error so I assume the index is calling other files. I did install STS successfully and tested it before starting your contribution. I didn't change anything else unrelated to your fix so it was working before I installed your contribution. This is my first osCommerce site and it's definitely been a LEARNING experience.

I hope you can point me in a direction to start looking, I'm getting cross-eyed

Thanks,

Sarah

This is Im sure unrelated, just coincidental, there is nothing in that that could create a 500 error, infact 500 errors are almost always due to problems with htaccess, have u done anything there?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

This is Im sure unrelated, just coincidental, there is nothing in that that could create a 500 error, infact 500 errors are almost always due to problems with htaccess, have u done anything there?

I'm used to working on windows servers and I know about htaccess, kinda, enough to know I have no idea what to change, so I haven't touched any of those files. This was a fresh install ms2 via my hosting companies control panel.

I installed the STS stuff. I added another contrib for importing products and that worked perfectly. I want to all imported products to go to an inactive category because they will need to be manipulated by the somewhat-techie but not database-savvy person that will be maintaining the site once I finish setting it up.

I also added the main_categories.php mod which also worked perfectly and I edited it with the sql changes for your mod too.

I did try changing the permissions on the config file because of the warning message on the home page but gave up for now. I don't exactly know how to chmod since I have access to a cPanel and I'm not sure what user I should be taking away write access...anywhoo...that just after the fresh install and before I started trying to change the site.

Of the files your mod changes, what ones would allow it to work in the admin area but not in the site itself? I can start digging there...

Thanks for your help,

Sarah

Edited by sjjustina

Of the files your mod changes, what ones would allow it to work in the admin area but not in the site itself? I can start digging there...

none, it works through sql, can u say the precise error u get, I still cannot see any way it could create such error

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.