• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with UPS module setup

cllondon

I am new to OSCommerce. I am running v2.2 RC2. My website is http://www.cllondon.ca. I took over from the previous webmaster and ran in to this mess.

I cannot configure the shipping module for the life of me! I have been going at it for the last 8 hours without any luck. I have setup a UPS account and got a UPS Rates Access Key as well.

Initially the issue was that the site was charging ridiculous amounts to ship items. So I uninstalled the UPS module and tried to re-install. By that I mean, I simply clicked "- remove" in the Admin > Modules > Shipping and then click "Install". I did not upload any files or install a new add-on etc.

Now when I enter all the information, i.e. UPS Rates Acess Key, Address, etc etc and click save I get this error:

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant UPSXML_Array in /home/4/d/0/6622/6622/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 1017

As an ordinary customer when I login to my account add an item to cart and click checkout I get the following error at the top:

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant UPSXML_Array in /home/4/d/0/6622/6622/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 983

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant UPSXML_Array in /home/4/d/0/6622/6622/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 983

I read on several forums that I need to read the "readme.txt" file to properly re-install the add-on and/or follow step 3. Well..... I tried, I really tried, but I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Edited by Jan Zonjee

I read on several forums that I need to read the "readme.txt" file to properly re-install the add-on and/or follow step 3. Well..... I tried, I really tried, but I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Unbelievable. How hard is it to change in catalog/admin/modules.php:

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
switch ($action) {
  case 'save':
	while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

to:

if (tep_not_null($action)) {
switch ($action) {
  case 'save':
	if (is_array($value) ) {
	  $value = implode( ", ", $value);
		  $value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);
		}

I would de-install and install again after that to get the database in order again though.

• 4 weeks later...

Stumbles in from Google...

....so I'm installing Google checkout, and a replace "Block A" with "Block B" in modules.php instruction has extra code in "Block A". I assume its from another add on I added on. I Googled $value = implode and found this, and all threads referred to shipping modules. Apparently I have done what Jan Zonjee recommends above as part of my USPS add on.

So I have:

case 'save':
	  if( is_array( $value ) ){
         $value = implode( ", ", $value);
	    }		
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
       }
       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));
       break;

And the instructions say:

Replace:

case 'save':
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = '" . $value . "' where configuration_key = '" . $key . "'");
       }
       tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=' . $set . '&module=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['module']));
       break;

With:

case 'save':
       // *** BEGIN GOOGLE CHECKOUT ***
       require(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'googlecheckout/inserts/admin/modules2.php');
       // *** END GOOGLE CHECKOUT ***
       break;

I am nervous what will happen if I do that, I don't want to lose the implode stuff, but googlecheckout/inserts/admin/modules2.php seems to include the extra code:

// fix configuration no saving -
reset($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration']);
// end fix    
 // Checks if module is of type google checkout and also verfies if this configuration is 
 // for the check boxes for the shipping options           
 if (is_array($value)) {
   $value = implode(", ", $value);
 }
 // Change this query to use gc_makeSqlString()
 tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " set configuration_value = " . gc_makeSqlString($value) . " where configuration_key = " . gc_makeSqlString($key));
}

So I should just do the replace as instructed and relax and it's all good.

Right? No really, I'm asking, right?

Thanks,

Walter

My experience relates to osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2

I am nervous what will happen if I do that, I don't want to lose the implode stuff, but googlecheckout/inserts/admin/modules2.php seems to include the extra code:

So I should just do the replace as instructed and relax and it's all good.

Right?

I think you're right. It looks like the Google thing adds the code needed to zap the --none-- from getting inserted as some module like USPS, UPS Choice, and UPSXML are using/doing.

Edited by Jan Zonjee