• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Force certain items to be 2day?

kirkdickinson

I have some items. (frozen meat) that must be shipped overnight, or 2 day air. How can I make it so that is the only way they can be shipped.

I have put a note on item saying. "Customer must select 2day air or better for shipping", nobody reads that, or they ignore it.

Is there a way to force that to happen?

I am using the UPS XML shipping module.

Thanks,

Kirk

Edited by kirkdickinson

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same situation, any ideas?

Thanks!

I have implemented this previously for a client. Basically, there are certain items which have to be shipped overnight. For those products (in Admin), the "Must Ship Overnight" checkbox is selected ON.

If the order contains 1 or more of such items, the entire order is forced to ship overnight and other shipping choices (2-day, 3 -day etc) are not even presented to the user.

Is that what you need?

I have implemented this previously for a client. Basically, there are certain items which have to be shipped overnight. For those products (in Admin), the "Must Ship Overnight" checkbox is selected ON.

If the order contains 1 or more of such items, the entire order is forced to ship overnight and other shipping choices (2-day, 3 -day etc) are not even presented to the user.

Is that what you need?

Exactly!

• 3 weeks later...
Exactly!

Sorry, I just checked the message board and saw your response.

Do you still need this? Let me know...I will post this as a contribution.

Amit

Sorry, I just checked the message board and saw your response.

Do you still need this? Let me know...I will post this as a contribution.

Amit

HI

Sorry for the confusion.. I believe you are referring to a post related to forcing certain items to be 2nd day etc...?

I have not added the code to enable this feature as a contribution. If you would like, I can create a contribution so it can be used by everyone.

Let me know.

Amit

• 3 months later...

Hello i am also looking for this

Is that what you need?